All hotels in Evanston, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1501 Sherman Ave, Evanston, IL, 60201, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"First Week of November 2014"
Staff was great. I was greeted promptly and every question I had was answered. The room AC/Heater did not put out heat. I had a cold, and was unable to raise the room temp to enough. Hearing the elevated train was the only city noise that was intrusive.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Best Western University Plaza"
The hotel was a short walk to the metro station and in a very nice area. Staff were friendly and helpful. The view of the Chicago skyline was beautiful, but that side of the hotel is closest to the L and it was a bit noisy. Overall a nice, safe place to stay.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Nice, but smelled"
The staff was very friendly, but unfortunately I was not so happy with the hotel since it (especially my room) smelled of smoke. Also, this didn't matter so much since I had to get up early, but you can very clearly hear the train nearby.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Morgan
"Best Western Evanston"
Stay was short. Room was clean. Bed & pillows were comfortable. Food was good. Employees were nice and friendly.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Don't require someone to write about their experience in order to submit a rating.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"We'll be back"
We had a great stay at the Hotel. The staff couldn't have been friendlier, it was right across the street from the "hot" bar and grills, and within walking distance to a coffee shop and shopping. If we have another occasion to be in Evanston, we will definitely stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2014
"Lighting"
No overhead lighting in the room which made the room uncomfortable at night.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Anita
"Wil be good after renovations completed"
The location is wonderful and within easy walking distance of the CTA, restaurants and NW. The hotel is currently under renovation and as a result you'll have to deal with that situation if you stay there within the next 4-6 months. The window in my room was rather drafty. Fortunately it wasn't very cold out when I stayed. Some people may be bothered by the train noise from the nearby CTA lines. I didn't find it to be very bad. Once renovations are completed though, this should be a very nice place to stay.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
You have to pay for parking at this hotel. The hotel is older and could use improvement on the outside and lobby. The rooms and bed was excellent and very clean.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
LC
"Trains run all night"
The room was clean. But the hotel is run down. And it is near a commuter train station. The trains ran all night. I slept but my wife got very little sleep.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Rob
"In a pinch."
The room was nice, everything else in the hotel needs some love, from the parking lot, to the lobby, to the elevator. It is in a great location, and has tons of potential, luckily we spent most of our time outside of the hotel.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"If You Just Want a Place to Crash"
A bit past its prime, nobody is going to confuse this dowager with the Four Seasons. That said its clean and convenient. Its just a block and a half from the L line (although it is a long ride to the Loop), its clean and reasonably priced. The facility is clean and kept-up, but has seen its day come and go. Would be perfect for a Cubs weekend.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Visit to Northwestern"
The facility separately needs an upgrade. The common areas are plain dirty and fixtures old and worn. Access to the hotel is difficult
4 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
"Inconvienent"
Came to ther hotel to go to the Northwestern game. Could not check in, before the game, which was 2:30. They had no available parking made us go 3 blocks away and park in a public garage at hourly rates. Gave up and went to another hotel, even though my room could not be cancelled.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Nice room with a very comfortable bed and pillows, I slept great. They charge for parking, I paid $14. Parking was easy to use and they are currently fixing their parking lot, needed to be resurfaced. I would stay again, nice hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Decent for the price. Close to the university and town. A bit dated.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Cheaper, comfortable, clean, but..."
If you're looking for a hotel that is cheaper, clean, comfortable, and close to CTA, then it is nice to stay here. But keep in mind that it is a bit far away from downtown, and you should change your train (from Red Line to Purple Line, or vice a versa) if you missed the rush hour express. Also proximity to the train makes it a little bit noisier at night. One thing that we were not pleasant with this hotel is that we were charged $40 while we were checking in, although the receptionist asking for our credit card did not told us anything about that price. We recognized this situation during our stay and when I asked another receptionist about this matter, he told me that it is an "incidental price" that they charged occasionally, and it will be cancelled in 5 days after our check-out! It is non sense since we prepaid our hotel price and did not make any changes on our reservation. They should warn their visitors beforehand about this situation.
Gizmo
room was not ready for 1hour half late after 3pm and staff seem not care. I told them this never happen before and he told me there is always first time. but talked manager and she was good.
"Convenient location"
The staff name "Sam" is so nice to help to find the lost apple charger. He's the only one in the hotel really would like to help.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Candice Lin
"Great stay outside the City!!!"
This is the best kept secret for those isiting Chicago! 3rd stay and we love it!! The hotel staff is the friendliest, as I find in all Best Westerns and why I prefer them. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms. Take the L to Wrigley, or a short drive to Chicago! We'll be back!!!!
2 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Cyndi pridemore
"Excelent location near train station. Nice place."
We found the hotel well located to visit Chicago in this time of the year. The staff was kind and helpful. The hotel is improving his facilities, so I think it will look great soon.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Liz
"Great location, comfortable beds"
This hotel is an older hotel and is somewhat outdated, but they are doing some renovations. The beds were very comfortable, the shower fixtures were brand new, the room itself was fine. The lobby and hallways are outdated. The parking lot isn't the best. But the location is great. Close to campus and all of the restaurants and activity of Evanston/NU. The subway is across the street and you can hear the subway as it passes. But it didn't bother us.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
NU Mom
"First Time Visit To chicago"
Excellent service, especially by Radiance, who was extremely helpful in arranging our stay. I traveled with two business associates from Japan, who also had never been to the Chicago area. Our stay in Evanston was enhanced by the friendly assistance of the hotel staff, and recommendation to enjoy and excellent meal at the Davis Street Fishmarket. The hotel is undergoing a major enhancement project, but that did not affect the service or enjoyment of our stay!
3 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
"Dont book online"
I booked my room from hotels.com and prepaid for the room but once I got to the hotel the staff wanted to run my credit card and I kept telling them that the room was prepaid and they said they wouldn't double charge me and sure enough they double charged me and when I called the hotel about the double charge the staff member that answered the phone was extremely rude and I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"A Pleasant Few Days Exploring Chicago"
We were able to take the nearby METRA and CTA into Chicago for two full days of fun.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Roch
"Can't choose your room with Expedia??"
We've stayed at this hotel on many occasions. My wife checked in at around 7pm. Our reservation was for a King Bed room. We were given a room with 2 doubles right behind the elevators and told we couldn't choose our room when it's booked with Expedia. I've never had a problem before booking rooms with Expedia at this hotel. This hotel is quite run down these days. It needs some serious updating.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Roy
hotel is in the remodeling phase, might get a higher rating when the remodel is completed $14.00 per day for overnight parking
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Good location. Close to the train. Bus was provided to and from a Northwestern football game, that was a nice surprise. Breakfast was adequate.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Dated"
Hotel very dated, no ac in lobby & elevators. Good location for nu
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Nu parent
"Good location. Not kept up well."
The Best Western in Evanston is in a good location in downtown Evanston, but it is pretty shabby. I heard that some of the rooms were being renovated, but ours was not one of them. There was only a mirror in the bathroom. The carpet seemed dirty, but the bathroom was clean. The common areas were really worn down and the mezzanine level where you came in from parking was dark and dingy and the Elevators had plastic on the floor like it was a construction zone. Maybe it will be better once they renovate.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
A
"Great place to stay."
It was fine. I could only wish that they changed the egg part of the breakfast a bit more. Otherwise it was fine.
4 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Ann
"Convenience Only"
On a college visit to Northwestern. We had a late arrival and had to fish out the car flashlight to find our way through parking lot which was dark and very inconvenient for rolling bags. Stairs through parking lot and more stairs at side entry. Front door around the block. It has all the amenities but was really tired looking so good for a quick night stay. Very convenient to university, shops and dining.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Great hotel in great location"
Clean, great location, good staff. Loved it. Will stay again. Close to metro to downtown.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
Nil
STAFF VERY FRIENDLY. BED AND PILLOWS VERY COMFY. GOOD HOT WATER SHOWER. NICE VIEW FROM WINDOW. GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"dropping child at college"
Great location and quality for what we need at a great price
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Nice stay away from downtown Chicago but close enough for shopping trip, great surround with a small city feel. We will use again for our visit to our Son during his school years in Chicago
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Location Specific hotel"
This hotel is good provided you are in the right location. You need a car to go to down town. I could not find shuttle bus operators to go to this hotel. The taxi cost me $43 one way including the tips. Quite hotel .Good for family and business stay. I was on a business visit and my purpose was served perfectly.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Down by the train stations."
Next to the Dempster "L" and near the Davis St Metra station, this location is most convenient for S.P.A.C.E. and Northwestern University. The hotel is old and shabby, not retro or vintage. It is kept clean, the furniture is in good repair. The bed and linens are comfortable. Floor to ceiling windows, with a view of the Chicago skyline. 37" flatscreen TV and Wi-Fi, large breakfast buffet that runs late. no in-room refrigerator or microwave.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
jonesy
"not exactly what we expected"
the online pictures made it look nicer than it was. It was sort of dark inside and felt kind of seedy. The parts that have been redone look clean and new but they should make it clear that it is being redone. The couch in the room was THREADBARE. I wouldn't have given a dollar for it at a flea market. That was ridiculous. There should be a severe reduction for that room.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
max
"Hotel in need of upgrades"
The room was great- clean and comfortable. Only one elevator worked - long delays. No coffee pot in room ( coffee maker, but no pot) .It was acceptable, but not great
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
shelly
Like the location and area. They are doing remodeling on other floors, but are floor was nicely done and clean. Breakfast was ok. No hot tub and the pool was very cold and needed work done on it. I was ok with staying here just wished the pool was swim able.
4 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Nice hotel near everything"
Quiet room undergoing renovation stayed in an old section but it was OK will be better when remodeling is done
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Alice
"Safe location, no problems"
Basically used the hotel to shower and sleep. Did not try the breakfast. Was pleased with my experience. Staff very nice, room in good condition when arrived. Had a pretty view of downtown Chicago. It is an older hotel, some musty smells in the lobby, but overall it served the purpose. The hotel is in a very safe location near train station and many cafés.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Nice new renovations"
I have stayed at the Best Western in Evanston before but with the new renovations to the rooms it was a very nice stay. It is conveniently located accross the street from a few different restaurants and bars. It is also only about a block walk to several restaurants.The only issue i had was that the room no longer had a refrigerator.Which was not a big deal. But overall it is a very nice room for the price and I really enjoyed my stay.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
We couldn't get the room to a comfortable temperature but other than that it was a great place to stay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Home search"
Location was great. In town to find an apartment. Sidewalks torn up In Front of hotel but nothing that can't be overcome. Air unit room didn't work the best. Great restaurants all around. Wonderful town (Evanston) to be in but property has room for improvement.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"My stay"
Service was supreme the women were very helpful. The only things that i didn't like was the cleanliness. Prior to bathing, I observe hair in the bathtub. Also when I went swimming the pool or the pool area wasn't that well up kept. But all in all I enjoyed my stay. Peace and love.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Gerald
Just off the bat- it is an older hotel. Walking thru the halls, that much is apparent. But the rooms are reasonably sized and equipped. The location is nice, in cute downtown Evanston, only two blocks from the L which will take you right to downtown Chicago. The free breakfast was pretty underwhelming (I've had much better at Hampton Inn, for example) but there are a bunch of cute cafes right outside.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Great location around Evanston, nearby restaurants. Room very clean and comfortable. The not so good: too close to the railway. Getting internet to work is a real pain/near impossible. If breakfast is what you want, this is not the place to go.
3 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
"noisy rude front desk attendant"
They decided to have construction/repairs right above my room start at 8:00 a.m. 2 of my 3 day stay. when i called the front desk the lady was very rude, over talking me throughout the conversation.
3 night trip Jul 1, 2014