All hotels in Des Plaines, Illinois, United States of America
1450 E Touhy Ave, Des Plaines, IL, 60018, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Comfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"A very ordinary hotel close to airport."
The hotel is close to Chicago O'Hare Airport and the hotel did provide regular free shuttle bus to the airport although I did not use it. However it is at best a 2-star hotel instead of a 3-star as the facilities are not up to a 3 star standard.
6 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
Great location for business in Chicago. The shuttle service takes longer than other hotel shuttles.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
"Good Value"
Overnight on business. Hotel was a good value, Steakhouse right next door.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
Timothy
"Marginal"
Hotel is tired. Wifi poor, conditional elevator permit displayed
Response by Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
Richard, We appreciate your response back as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. Thank you for these comments as we will look into these areas to improve on. Hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
richard
"Overnight at O'Hare"
One night stay after a plane flight - it was ok, nothing special. No complaints, nothing stood out as exceptional. I did not appreciate no free coffee. A cup of Starbucks from a machine cost $1.50. And I didn't get the steam table breakfast, since it looked overpriced at $10.95.
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2015
"good place to stay overnight before a early flight"
convenient location to airport, free shuttle and free parking!!!
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
"Second time around"
Stayed at this hotel a month ago and was pleasantly surprised so booked it again. They have sleep number beds which are very nice. The room is an average hotel room with a small bathroom. The first time we were on the 3rd floor and it was amazingly quiet. This time we were on the first floor and it was noisy. Most of it was other guests leaving their rooms and letting their doors slam at all hours and loud conversations in the hallway. No fault of the hotel - whatever happened to common courtesy?
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Not Provided
Bed was so uncomfortable, it was hard. I couldn't sleep, kept waking up! Everything else was good.
Response by Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
It was very pleased
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Jose
"Okay"
Clean room, no real issues. Internet a little slow. Would stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
tom
staff was friendly. Hotel itself needs to be upgraded. Rooms need work.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"Tired Hotel"
Awful beds. Sleep number would not hold air. Everything was old. Seriously needs an update.
Response by Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
"convienent for events at the Fountain Blue."
While it was convienent, the hotel house keeping staff needs some people skills classes. Yelling at customers and slamming doors to make a point is not acceptable form of communication. The overall experience of checking in and out was acceptable.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Binny
"Convenient but junky"
As soon as the staff noticed we didnt book direct, they spoke very short/curt to us. We were at a show & when we returned, we discovered 1 of the beds were broken, the bathroom faucet would leak all over counter & the toilet was clogged. When mentioned to front desk, they stated they could not comp us and that next time I should book direct. Horrible customer service, wont recommend nor return there again.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Shane
GREAT TIME
1 night trip Sep 26, 2015
"Long weekend getaway"
Traveled for a long weekend getaway. Booked on Hotels.com confirming a King bed. Upon arrival we were given a 2-queen bed room. When I called to let them know we booked and confirmed a king, they said we booked through a 3rd party and could only give us what they had available. I wonder why we use 3rd party bookings then if they give us good deals, but don't guarantee the room you paid for. Other than that, it was a decent stay. The hotel was average, rooms were average, bathroom was a bit cramped, a bit over priced or just the fact they didn't give a discount for not giving us a king.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Vicki
"Will not stay again!"
Staff was not overly friendly, did not acknowledge that I booked as Expedia VIP member and didn't offer anything additional as other Expedia VIP hotels have. Room was not clean, toilet was gross, very thin walls (kids heard way more than they should have), long dim hallway to get to room, no refrigerator or microwave, loud a/c, hard bed. The only positive comment I have is nice location.
Response by Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
S.L
"Fine"
Stay was fine
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"Social hour at Longhorn"
We had a very enjoyable stay as the hotel was located very near to our reason for visiting the Chicago area.Also, the room was very clean, and the amenities were very helpful.The free Wi-Fi helped us in locating our destinations. Our family and friends enjoyed meeting next door at Longhorn Steakhouse. The service was impeccable.
1 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
"Would stay again, but a bit pricey."
Arrived too late to make the most of this hotel. An Uber to the hotel from Upper Wacker Drive came out to $29 with no traffic. The lobby and set up looks more like a motel, but the service staff were pleasant and quick. I got a great room on the third floor with super comfortable beds and pillows. There were three 24hrs food spots, with other options available until 11pp. A target was around the corner. The TV in the room had great channels that my 10 y/o really enjoyed. I really appreciated the 24hr shuttle to the airport that ran every hour and half hour. The ability to print my boarding pass at the business center at no charge was also really great; you could use computers with full internet and printing in there, beyond printing boarding passes. They offered a buffet breakfast starting at 5a for $11pp but we opted for options in the area that were cheaper. Overall great stay. Wish I would have arrived earlier to make use of the pool, but there's lots to do in the City of Chicago!
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
frugal traveler
"Basically OK"
Members of a wedding party were staying in some adjacent rooms and were extremely noisy during the night. They quieted down briefly, but then there was screaming, laughing and other odd noises early in the morning. Made it hard to sleep. Bathrooms are small and lack a vent fan.
4 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Herbert
"Just a short stay"
I checked in at the hotel and they did not offer the free voucher for the breakfast which I shall get one because the reservation say so. The staff told me that I need to come back next morning to get the free voucher. I said, why cannot I get it now? He told me the breakfast is for tomorrow morning and you can stop by tomorrow morning for the voucher. My colleagues all got the vouchers when they checked in, one day earlier than me. I still need to stop by the next day to get the voucher. I really don't get it.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Not as great a stay as usual!"
Usually stay here when in Chicago...great location, shuttle service to Blue Line, etc. However, this time...the hotel was not full but they put a family with a noisy toddler in the room next to us when there was hardly anyone else on our floor! Also we'd asked for extra towels...(3 women with long hair!) never got them, and then on Sun. we had an event we needed to get ready for & leave on the 5:00 shuttle...left for brunch at noon...came back 2 1/2 hours later & room still wasn't made up. Waited in the lobby another hour...finally had to ASK the hotel staff to make our room up...got into it at 4:30!!! May look for another hotel in the same area for our next trip!! :/
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Good place to sleep if having an early flight"
The hotel is ok if you have to take an early flight. They have shuttle buses to the airport 24hrs. Rooms are clean and comfortable. It's close to chain restaurants (example: Longhorn, Chilis, etc.). However, I had a mishap the night before our returning flight. At about 11:30-12pm the air conditioning stopped working. For no reason, we were sleeping and it just turned off by itself. We called front desk to let them now the problem, but since it was late, no one from engineering was working. So in the middle of the night we had to pack our stuff, get dressed and move to another room! Needless to say, we could not fall asleep again since we had to "work" in the middle of the night for our moving and having to be up and ready for our flight at 5:30am. Bummer!!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Lola
"Thin Walls"
Hotel was close to my work location but it was outdated. Had an odd smell to the whole place. Room walls were thin. Crack under door was large and let in a lot of sound and light. Elevators were dirty.
3 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Ellen
"Fantastic Hotel!"
My flight was unexpectedly cancelled at O'hare and decided to stay overnight at the Radisson. I have been there once before and loved it. The hotel is in great condition. The room was spacious, clean, and the bed very comfortable. You can even adjust the firmness of the bed. The bathroom, although a little tight, was gorgeous and clean. The hotel is attached to Longhorne Steakhouse, but is a minute walk to many other cheaper restaurants. There are even a nail salon and Target steps away as well. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is affordable and few miles from O'hare. You cannot beat the quality-price value.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Linaya6
"Just OK"
Hotel is very dated. Walls are thin. Felt dingy. Not worth the price tag
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Great for concerts at Allstate."
We were pleased at how close the hotel was to the concert at Allstate.(A short walk across a parking lot.) There are a lot of nice places to eat close to the hotel also. The hotel was nice and clean. When we arrived to check in our room was not ready yet so the front desk gave us free drinks at the bar and free breakfast for the next morning! Over all it was great and we are planning to stay again!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Great!!!"
Certainly we are going to choose this hotel again next time.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Bill and Grace
"Dissapointed"
Further from airoport than we expected. 30+ minute wait for the shuttle. Very old property - not what we exepcted. Only positive was a very good breakfast.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
MKW
Room was very nice and comfy beds. Drink tickets are a plus and the breakfast was fantastic.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Girls Weekend"
We had a girls weekend for the Kelly Clarkson concert. We stayed at the Radisson due to its close proximity to the concert venue. It was nice that there were many restaurants within walking distance. The hotel pool was nice to sit and lounge at during the day. The room and hotel in general were very clean. They offer Sleep Number beds, however if you don't know how to use one already the instructions aren't very clear.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Anne
"No complaints"
Primary trip was to be at the Rosemont convention center. Very easy to get to and from here. Went downtown a couple times. Traffic was busy (but that's Chicago) but very convenient to highway. No complaints from me for this hotel
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Brett
"Close to Allstate arena"
We stayed here overnight to go to a concert at the Allstate Arena. It was perfect for that. The room is a little old, the carpet and drapes could use some updates, but it was very clean and the bed was decent so that's all we cared about. The staff at check in was very nice. Maybe a 5 minute walk to the Arena and you don't need to walk along a busy road as you can kind of cut through the Target parking lot and such.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
kate
"Great room"
Large modern room, very clean. I will be using this hotel chain again
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Jon
Clean rooms, nice bathroom, and comfortable sleep number bed. The free breakfast was also very good. Close to the airport and easy to find a train/subway to go downtown. Not super fancy, but if you're looking for something that is a good price and clean, then I would stay here.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Just ok"
Nothing special. Was chosen for us, I would not have chosen this hotel myself. This is definitely a $99 a night room at best not the $143 we paid. Check in was quick, staff was pleasant but hotel is old. Breakfast was in a dreary, old, breakfast cafe. Coffee was served with lipstick still on cup, I ordered a muffin(which was on the menu) and told they don't have any today. Would not stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Average"
The room was ok, but we didn't have a refrigerator in the room, there was no pop machine in the vending area and they didn't have complimentary breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Francisco
We got to the hotel to find out that they only had one of the two rooms reserved. After showing the confirmation we got from Hotels.com they still looked thoroughly confused. Luckily they were able to find one room seeing as the hotel was booked for a wedding. Additionally, in the morning we received a receipt for the room and it was over what we had booked it for again had to show my confirmation with the room rate and final price and again they looked confused. They adjusted the price but not without taking time out of our morning. Not sure what would of happened if they did not have a room available seeing as the whole evening/night was planned around that specific location.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Alma
"Very clean with great staff"
Stayed for only two nights but wanted to stay longer because the hotel made you feel welcomed
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
carla
"My room had a Sleep Number bed!"
Very impressed the room had sleep number bed! Great hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good access to O'Hare"
Clean, nice room, good staff and transport to airport. Close to restaurants. Only positives to report.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Easy access to O Hare"
Staff was very friendly and helpful! The bed in my room was horrible.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Not the greatest... staff made up for it though."
The hotel itself was nothing special. It was extra nosy as if the maids did on purpose to annoy people. I arrived the night after the Cup finals, so had to wait 3 hours to check in and was then told there were no more mini fridges and microwaves because they had like 7 airlines having attendants stay. The room was just ok, but to my surprise the guy at the front desk who was super nice had in fact arranged for both a microwave and fridge to be in there so thank goodness. Long Horn steak house was just next door and they delivered which made things even easier to get healthy food vs. ordering Pizza. The staff was the best thing about the hotel... they really went out of their way in all aspects to try and make things better and it was greatly appreciated. I would not stay again for the price being I got a suite hotel in the burbs this time for about 60 dollars cheaper and the amenities were the same as the Radisson.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Chicago blue"
Overnight to catch early morning flight
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Cheryl
The hotel didn't look anything like the pictures. The balcony which I thought would be a bonus was very small and unclean, there was hair all over my sheets, and it was not as modern and up to date as I would've liked. The sleep number bed didn't even work, the remote was broken.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
B
"Needed Rest After This Stay....."
The hotel restaurant staff was not the nicest. And I was able to hear anytime someone walked passed my room door/opened and closed their room doors. Additionally I was able to hear the guest in the adjacent room,it sound as though there were at least 4 kids in the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Stay away from the sleep number bed"
My only complaint is the sleep number bed in our room was broken. I complained and they didn't offer anything except an apology. 1 side was raised up all the way the other side was completely deflated. Worst night sleep ever for my husband and i. The sleep number bed is basicly an air mattress with a controller. Very disappointed.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Crystal
"Comfortable stay, good value"
Very good stay. Small (but adequate) pool a plus. Only negatives were some noise in the hall (ground floor) from groups of young people arriving quite late, and the directions to the airport (complicated by some road closures) were nit as clear as they could have been. I'm pretty good with directions, but I missed the turn and then had to drive literally miles before I coukd turn around. Since this is an airport hotel, sper-clear directions should be a priority. (Maybe with Google Maps that no longer is considered needed, but... It still is.)
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Gregory F
"Close to Allstate Arena"
Pool closed, only reason we went, staff didn't care
Other trip Jul 8, 2015