All hotels in Rochester, New York, United States of America
1111 Jefferson Rd, Rochester, NY, 14623, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Stay away for a ROOM 541!!!!!!!"
It was horrible !!! The bathroom floor was dirty and sticky we had to call the front desk and have them come clean it upon arrival. The toilet didn't flush and we had to have several service calls from the "chief engineer" yeah right, that was a joke !!! When we asked to be moved to another room they were sold out, so we had to stay in the room with a broke toilet that ran all night and barely flushed with no water pressure to flush....we were offered free drinks at the bar for our inconvenience....which was another joke because what are we going to do with free drinks when the toilet didn't work !!!!! The staff was nice, but the facilities sucked !! For $170.00 a night I expected a lot better than that !!!
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
richelle
Quick overnight get away. Long day at RocCity BBQ nice to just relax
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Craig
"Clean Room, but messy hotel under renovation"
Hotel is under renovation! There are two elevators in the hotel and only one appears to be functioning. The one functioning elevator is also the one being used by construction workers and the carpeting in the elevator was filthy with construction debris! Once I exited the elevator on the second floor, the interior hallway smelled like a locker room...not sure if it was coming from the carpeting or something else. The renovated room was clean, except for paint splatters on the bathroom floor and paint in places it should not have been - door frames, light switches, etc. The room had a wall thermostat which did not work and the old A/C unit had a fan which continually ran...did not make for a good night's sleep! For location, there are several food options within walking distance and there was no noticeable traffic noise in the room, possibly because the A/C fan ran continuously.
2 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Nice experience"
very nice experience
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Rochester May 2015"
Under construction, but am excited to see what comes of it. Food was great though
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"quick college move out"
Came for quick overnight. The hotel was under renovation but staff was very nice and accommodating. Also, loved the cookies and great breakfast buffet in restaurant. I would definitely return
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
Sandy
"Okay"
Tattered American flag blowing in the breeze in front if the hotel represents the inside well. Old, tired, worn, needing replacement. Renovations are underway, with all of the sounds, smells, and mess that brings.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
RD
"Meh"
While the main lobby, restaurant and pool area under the large atrium were visually pleasing,the elevator area was under construction and there were no signs indicating that or saying "pardon our progress" or something similar. The breakfast is not included in the nightly stay, which was disappointing. Lastly, there was no mini-fridge in our room where we could stash our left over meals. We chose a room that overlooked the atrium, but I later wished we had not as you had the usual hall traffic in addition to little children running along the atrium balcony in front of our room which compromised the privacy.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
O.
"nothing special"
Just an over night to get away, have dinner and swim......Pool was very chilly, hallways were FREEZING, no refrigerator in room, HBO was not available, handicapped rooms were at the very end of very long hallways far, far away from elevators. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels and we will keep staying at them. not impressed with anything at this hotel......
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Good deal"
Super pleasant staff. Nice pool, lovely lobby. Room was clean & modern. Comfy mattress & pillows. Cookies were divine! Complimentary fruit infused water, hot cocoa & coffee were an added bonus! Close to restaurants & shopping.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Biz in Rochester"
Nice property in a great location for my needs. Good cookie to! Wish the coffee in the room were better but overall a nice place to stay.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Standard conference hotel; kept in good condition"
Booked for visit to Eastman School of Music. Then a blizzard hit, but everything ran smoothly anyway.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Todd
"nice pool & staff"
enjoyed our stay & free cookie :) was a little disappointed we missed breakfast and that main restaurant doesn't serve dinner staff was gracious & pleasant.
bbqgirl
Great experience from walking in and checking in early to a late check out without paying an extra fee. The only negative was there was still some garbage left in the garbage can in our room and the AC didn't work that great.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Cheryl
"Beautiful lobby, indoor gardens"
I arrived very late after an exhausting day of driving and walking. It took me awhile to get into the room because my keys did not work. After multiple tries, the door finally opened and I was able to carry all of my things into the room. The same scene repeated each time I had to go into the room. I got new keys made, and talked to a very nice maintenance man, and very nice person at the front desk. They promised me to have it repaired, but it was not. I realize this is a small issue. But your hotel is quite expensive. After paying several hundred dollars, I expected both better facilities and a more effective response when I had a problem. Not being able to get into one's room is a big pain at the end of a long, tiring day, when I have a lot of bags with me that I must then tote back down to the front desk to ask for help.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Very helpful front desk staff & clean rooms"
It is very clean hotel with comfortable beds. When we checked in we were given a room with smoke smell, we called front desk lady who checkex us in, she was very helpful and straight away changed our room. She was very nice lady and very helpful. There are alot of food places next to hotel
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
zadjali
"Rochester Doubletree Hotel"
We were very pleased with lour recent two stays at Double Tree. The staff were very pleasant, helpful, and we will look forward to staying with you again!
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Wet Bedding Means Room Transfer"
The room was very nice until we got into bed and realized the top third of the mattress cover was soaking wet. It necessitated an evening room change to another room where the cleanliness was not great but at least the bed was not wet. The staff who helped us was wonderful, but there is clearly a problem in housekeeping.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
"Stop on way to Niagara Falls"
Hotel wasn't as nice as I expected it to be based on a previous stay at another DoubleTree. Hotel was a bit dated and in need of new doors, carpeting, etc. Room appeared to be clean, although I wasn't too happy to discover a bit wad of hair in the closet. I don't think I'd stay at this particular DoubeTree again. Cookies were delicious though!
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"great place to stay when visiting my son at RIT"
The warm chocolate chip walnut cookies are amazing! I keep going back for more :) Love the pool, restaurant, room service and especially the size of my room -- very big and comfortable. Its the perfect distance to RIT and restaurants and shopping.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
LKralla
"Perfect location"
Great price, amenities, and staff. Accessible to expressway and many great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Super loud when people are partying in bar, lobby. Noise carries right up through the atrium.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
melissa
The staff was great. Loved the cookie. I found a red smear mark on 1 of the pillows on my bed and some hairs in the bathroom in the shower. Very efficient check out. I would stay again based on the staff and the lobby. I am hoping the pillow and shower are exceptions.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Hotel in nice area convenience to shopping"
Mildew on the shower tiles. Loose shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom. However, the staff was very nice at check in. The room need a major overhaul. The location is a short drive to U of R. Lots of nice restaurants near by.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Ramon
"Quick trip"
Solid hotel, fun pool, surprisingly good food. The room was comfortable if a bit dated.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
The staff are fantastic. Hotel accessibility and layout is great. Good amenities. Rooms are spacious and well designed. Location is very convenient and surrounding area great. Will definitely go back!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
It was a good stay at this hotel located on Jefferson street.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Ale
"Close to major shopping area"
I liked the hotel, it was nice -- warm cookies are awesome. I really enjoyed the breakfast. Service was awesome. What I would like changed would be the curtain length on the windows. (that covered lights).
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Gajo
We stopped last minute on our way through NY to rest for the night. I was very pleased with all aspects of this hotel. It was very modern, clean, spacious and the customer service was excellent! I would most certainly stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Dependable quality"
It was a very different Doubletree. Loud music playing outside upon arrival. Loud parties going on in central indoor area (which our room overlooked) that went on until 1:00 AM.Otherwise very nice.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Visiting RIT"
Hotel needs some updates particularly with the carpeting and room chairs. Beds were clean and comfy and the bathroom was in good condition!
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
frequent traver
"Nice convenient hotel close to RIT"
Great location, close to restaurants and RIT. Comfortable rooms and beds, friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Alan
"best stay ever"
Best stay ever n the exception of 1or 2 high class hotels in Las Vegas.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
parker
"Great staff, clean, nice restaurant and bar."
Everyone was very friendly; room was clean and spacious.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Roe
"Doubletree"
Great location, shopping and close 390, lots of restaurants. Hotel was very clean, lots of parking. Pool and bar area a little aged. Could be updated. Mattress was a bit soft but room was otherwise great.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
GmanNDC
"Mediocre"
Insufficiently quiet and just OK - not worth the money.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Can't go wrong!"
The hotel was great as was the location.Wish we had time for the pool!The complementary chocolate chip cookies were divine,,,,to die for! Would recommend this hotel for sure. You won't go wrong
1 night trip May 24, 2014
diane
"To expensive for quality"
Our room was dirty. The bath area in our room as well as adjoining was very poor. I will not stay at this hotel again.
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
Power failure. Aircon didn't work. Staff were great. Gym was small but good. Lots of stores and food options nearby. The hotel had a fire alarm the day prior, so I think they are having some infrastructure issues as the hotel is getting on the old side.
Other trip May 11, 2014
chris
"Comfortable, quiet hotel"
Stayed one night while picking up my son from school.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Noisy Room full of guys"
The room next door to me was very loud and they would let the door slam coming and going. I didn't get ANY sleep.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
MB
No microwave in the room and there was no complimentary continental breakfast.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Average hotel in the area"
The room was clean and comfortable. Several items surprised me like no remote for the TV (not that this is a major deal), Internet in the rooms must be paid for but is free in the lobby. This seems ridiculous to me as when I went to the front desk after my flights were cancelled, the desk clerk in the early morning gave me a code for free internet access. Since I was there on a business trip, this added expense is not expected and obviously not necessary. Ask for the "free internet" code if you go here instead of paying for internet separately!
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2014
SOswego
"One night getaway"
Overall, our stay was great. Room was extremely clean but we were disappointed that we did not have a refrigerator or a microwave. We were also not fans of the pool area. It is in a very open space which means it is freezing and not very comfortable or enjoyable. We swam for about 20 minutes and decided it was too cold to stay. Staff was friendly and location was great! Rate was awesome, especially considering that it was NYE!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
Mrs. Bradley
"Relaxing New Years night!"
Hotel is beautiful, and clean. The staff was great! we recieved a complimentary upgraded room. Heated pool was a plus! The cookies you get at check in are AMAZING!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
NAT
"A Great Stay"
The room was quite clean. I thought it a little awkward that the windows opened onto a hallway. The check in staff was very friendly and welcoming. The complimentary cookie was delicious! I did find the bath tissue to be in a slightly uncomfortable location. Overall a very nice stay. It was so conveniently located to other locations I needed to be at and was so welcoming that I will stay at this hotel for future Rochester, NY stays.
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2013
"A Hilton it was not!!"
Upon arrival the lobby was full of yelling and screaming kids, literately running ragtime. I understand there was a hockey tournament in the area but, wow, they were shaking things up. I went to the lobby level men,s restroom and it was a mess, paper towels all over the place and the floor was littered along with unclean sink. Needed to take the elevator to the third floor and lo and behold, who has taken over the elevator, yep the kids!! Noise in the hallways and running through the hallways all made for a very poor stay. You know, respect for property and those around you goes a long way. When I brought to the desks attention, I merely got a shoulder shrug. Well, Hilton, here is one shoulder shrug back at you; I will never stay at another Hilton especially the one in Rochester, NY. It had more class and appeal when it was the Holiday Inn. I might add, that I was not the only guest to comment on this and what was going on. Bye Hilton Hello Comfort Suites or Marriott's extended stay.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Noisey and Out of Control"
Doubletree needs to decide what kind of hotel they are. One that takes bus loads of youth hockey players or guests who actually stay because they want a good night's sleep. We were unfortunately placed in the middle of a floor full of running, screaming, door slamming kids who apparently had no adult supervision. We did not get any sleep at all and the hotel did nothing to patrol the halls and calm the situation down. We should have been paid to stay there that night instead of the other way around. We ordered dinner in our room because we didn't want to have to fight the crowds in the halls and elevators. When it arrived it was not fully cooked. The beds were wonderful, if only we could have slept. All and all a disaster.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Judy
"Nice hotel."
Comfy bed, great pillows, clean and spacious room, pleasing atmosphere, convenient location
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
Lynn
"Excellent place to stay in Rochester!"
I had to attend a conference at the hotel and the room we had was wonderful. The bed was a bit hard but other than that, I would stay here again! Sadly, you cannot use your Hilton Honors card when you book with Hotels.com, and there is no free wi-fi in the rooms. But all in all it was nice.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2013