All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1005 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Double charged."
Very disappointed. Double charged my card, hot tub broke, ice machine broke, minimal breakfast. Stayed here a lot, not the quality it use to be.
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Not going to stay next year."
Disappointed in the breakfast,always low on items and no attendent to be found. last year was a full and warm breakfast. Room had lots of smears on the walls and room not vaccumed well. Bed was uncomfortable and full of stains. This hotels pool was not very clean and alot of green mold growing everywhere in that area.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"never again"
The hotel and room were both very dated. The sheets were dirty. The wall paper was peeling in some places. The lamps kept shutting off by themselves and we found at least three spiders in our room. The cereal bowls that were available during the complimentary breakfast were also dirty. When I called the front desk to request more towels they werent even able or willing to deliver them to my room. I would not stay at this hotel again.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"most uncomfortable stay ever"
the room is very old room, bathroom floor wasn't very clean, hair found in bathroom, a card key found on floor, the mattress was the worst ever slept on! then we went to get our continental breakfast at the set time and nothing was set!
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
marla
"Dated but comfy"
This was supposed to be just somewhere to sleep on a snowboarding trip. The room was a little dated but very comfortable. One of my bath towels was stained but aside from that it was clean. The breakfast in the morning was pretty minimal. Cereal, danish, toast. We wound up eating at the resort instead. All in all if i was was to need somewhere to sleep again while in the area I'd go back. Decent for the price.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"A hotel past its prime"
On first view, this is an impressive property: rooms in 6 2-story bldgs; however, it has not been maintained. We had booked a suite for 4 nts; I would have thought that the heat would have been turned on for us. The first room we were given had a broken heater, so we had to move (after having moved all our gear into the room!) It advertised an indoor swimming pool & hot tub; both were full of water, but for some unexplained reason, were closed. The breakfast was sad. When we checked out, I was going to be charged for the stay; we had prepaid, of course, with Hotels.com. In charge of the front desk & hence, the entire hotel, was a young woman at her first job!
4 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"My Taos Fave"
Each Christmas we stay at another establishment in Taos. But because that motel raised its prices, we decided for the same $$ we'll try Don Fernando. What a difference! The room at Don Fernando was much roomier, prettier, cleaner; the layout was more comfortable and most importantly it was QUIET. There were minor inconveniences but Don Fernando is my choice from now on.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"No Service"
This hotel was nice because it had a fireplace but service was non-existent. They ran out of towels so we couldn't shower. They didn't have any firelogs like they said they would. The breakfast was ok at best and the pool was closed during our entire stay. Don't expect any kind of service AT ALL.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Dustin
"Abysmal."
We arrived to check in on New Year's Eve and were told that the pool and hot tub were closed. We then proceeded to the three rooms we had booked for the night-- two of which intolerably stank of mildew. We had to move both rooms. Upon attempting to settle in, we had issues with the free wifi wasn't connecting. After two rude conversations with the front desk clerk, we were told that the internet wasn't working hotel-wide and it probably wasn't going to be fixed.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Deanna
"Reasonable condition"
We went for a ski trip in Taos, the hotel is close to all the local businesses and very convenient for shopping and night life. The choices of breakfast is limited and the staff is slow in replenishing supplies.
6 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Qi
"Ski Weekend"
I booked this hotel for the price during Christmas week (12/24- 12/28) for a ski trip. Was not sure about it after some of the reviews, but I took a chance anyway. Room was a suite with fireplace and separate bedroom. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was great and breakfast was good also. Biscuits, gravy, eggs and bacon. Cereal and toast were also available. Indoor pool was down for 2 days with a pump issue but was fixed on the day before we left. Yes the room could be up dated but for 109 a night it was very nice and comfortable.It had all the amenities that I needed to make my stay enjoyable. I truly liked tis hotel and will stay there again on my next ski trip.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
michael
"Ok for sleeping. That's it"
The pool was broken and the washing machines pipes burst. Nothing was fixed during the 5-day stay.Breakfast was bare bones and a sign encouraged guest to only take what they needed. Wifi only good for checking messages: streaming was iffy and app downloads impossible. Connexion kept getting dropped. Staff did not know much about area attractions and ski options. Cheap clean beds, pet-friendly, but nothing else.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
sylvie
"Not a good hotel in the winter"
The pool was out of operation when we were there. The front desk said that they had been shut down for using improper chemicals in the pool. They were scheduled to be inspected and reopen later that week, but it didn't help us when we were there. Having a pool was one of the reasons we booked this hotel, and not having that was a major disappointment. Also, note that this hotel has many different buildings. If you are staying during the winter, note that you will have to go outside into the cold air to get to the pool, breakfast, and the front desk. Finally, the rooms have very few electrical outlets - finding places to plug in our devices to charge was a challenge. We had to unplug lights to get to charge our phones.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"30 minutes from TSV"
Very dated. Still had an old 27" tv. Wifi was non existant in my room.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Perfect for a ski trip"
No fancy bells and whistles but hotel staff was more than friendly. Did not have hot water in the morning but wasn't too worried about that.
"So so hotel"
No breakfast on different days pool out of service. Hotel was clean but needs an update.
"Nice place to stay"
Room was clean, plenty of hot water/pressure in shower. No wifi and the pool closed.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Breakfast wasn't ready."
I called ahead to confirm the pool would be available and was told it should be. However, upon arrival, was told the pool was unavailable. Waiting on some certification sign off. We had stayed here before and remembered that the breakfast wasn't just "continental" but a full hot breakfast which is a plus since we are here to ski. When we checked in, the desk clerk said breakfast was served from 7-10. We were at the dinning area at 7 and the only food out was some cold cereal. Some of the tables hadn't even been wiped cleaned from the night before. I asked the front desk where breakfast was and he went to check with the kitchen. A few minutes later biscuits and gravy came out. A few more minutes, some pancakes, not enough for the few guests that were showing up by now. Very disappointed.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Very Disappointed in Our Stay."
We stayed here last year and was really pleased with our experience. The breakfast buffet was fabulous and overall it was a perfect place to stay for a ski vacation. This year it's like a totally different hotel! The hotel staff was non-existent! My husband called the front desk twice for someone to please put light bulbs in the ceiling fixtures, he finally gave up and went to Walmart and bought light bulbs and put them in himself. The breakfast buffet was terrible and there was no customer service. After announcing myself from the kitchen doorway and no one acknowledging me, I walked into the kitchen and got my own silverware and water cups. I noticed during the three days we were there, other guests had to do the same. Never did we see an employee in the dining room however, you would see them walking from the kitchen to the front desk carrying food and drinks for themselves.The swimming pool had been shut down for at least 30 days by the New Mexico Health Department. The front desk clerk told us that we could use the hot tub which we did our first night. The next night there was a deadbolt on the door and when my husband questioned the front desk clerk he didn't know why though he was the one that gave us permission to use the hot tub the night before. And last, the in-room coffee maker had never been cleaned and had mold and a used coffee pack in it from the last customer. Based upon our experiences this year, we will say at a different hotel next year.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
robin
"Great hotel experience in previous trips to Taos."
Cleanliness would be the biggest issue here. Between the once over look by the cleaning staff. Leaving more behind than one would expect. Too a liberal pet policy that requires additional detailed cleaning. We travel to Taos every year and had many pleasant stays here, but next time?
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Scooter
"Save your money"
The only reason we chose this hotel was because the pool. Them upon arrival we are told the pool is closed. Also waited over 20 minutes before a server came for our order. Don't waste your money here.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Meh"
The front desk staff at this place was great. I got very lost due to crazy GPS routing and they talked me in after midnight. That said, the property is very old and run down and the 'free' breakfast was one of the worst I have ever seen in my life. The kitchen staff is not as good as the front desk staff and the restaurant was filthy ("waitress" spoke no English). But it was better than sleeping in my car on a deserted road.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
Citygirl
"Great Place to stay"
Neat design and layout with great parking near rooms. Price is a bargain for large, comfortable rooms. We will stay here on our next trip to Taos.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
The personnel services were very poor. They had signs up regarding the dinning room, Claimed it was open but it wasn't, a bus full of guest arrived and wanted to eat dinner. At first they were turned away but later the staff called more people to come to work. We were not very happy.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Don Fernando de Taos review"
I expect some effort when I am paying $87 per night. The condition of the room was far below what I expected, and hotel service was practically non-existent. This looked like a hotel that has had no money put into its infrastructure in a very long time. The employees seemed to have no incentive to care. I could not recommend this hotel to anyone going to Taos.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
ben
"Was not a favorable experience."
The curtains in the room look like they have not been cleaned in years. They were tattered and torn. The tub in the bathroom needs a serious cleaning as it has scum on it. The wireless internet did not work for the two days I was there. Called front desk on first day and the said "I will have maintenance reset the router." Apparently they don't know how to resolve this issue. Housekeeping did not replenish the in-room coffee the second day. Only found one working soda machine and then found out the bill slot would not work. The continental breakfast was cold cereal or biscuits and gravy.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Lovely indoor pool"
The hotel has a very nice layout, spacious rooms and public areas. Just needs to have the owner spend a few bucks dressing it up.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Needs work"
Service in bar area poor. Rooms dated and not really clean.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"disapointment"
Had stayed before and had a wonderful experience. This time around the room just didn't seem as clean the cieling had areas of water damage and wallpaper bulging. Breakfast consited of biscuts and gravy, toast, dry cerael where before it was a full breakfast.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Disgusting - do not stay here!"
Do not stay at this hotel - it is disgusting! Filthy! The receptionist could not even be bothered to get out of her chair to greet me or make eye contact. Her trainee was helping another customer, but she didn't bother to help me - I had to wait. The first room I was given was so dirty - dirty sink, toilet, table and the lampshades were thick with dust. When I asked for a different room, the trainee gave me another - when I went to that one, it had not even been cleaned since the last person! I saw him check the list to see if it was marked as clean, so doubt it was his fault. I asked for the Manager, but he was unable to get her to come to reception to help me. He offered me another room, and to go with me to see it was OK. It was better, but not a lot - I had him remove the lampshades which were equally filthy. If my 89 year old father had not gone to lie down in his room, tired after our day long journey, I would have walked out. His room was not a lot better. The smoke alarm in my father's room started beeping at 6am - good job it wasn't earlier. We dreaded breakfast the next morning and our fears were justified: no adult cereal, cold water to make hot tea, stale bread for toast, no napkins, no trash bin,rotting fruit, dirty cups, and the only girl working the area did not have enough English to respond to guests requests. I ventured into the kitchen looking for help - and the whole area was disgusting. We left.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
JM
"Taos getaway"
great room and had a nice afternoon swimming. It has the best pool ever!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Jan
This is a neat motel! The grounds are very pretty, nice room, comfortable bed and the ac wasn't extremely noisy! Best sleep we had this trip! Breakfast wasn't the best but better than others this trip. Would stay again
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
I stayed in a room in the detached, seperate wing of the hotel. So i cannot speak to the condition of the rooms in the main building. This room (117) was dated and furniture was worn out. Sheets were old and worn out. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
"Clean and Affordable"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not luxurious, but the price is right. And it was clean, if a little worn around the edges. It's within easy driving distance to downtown Taos. If you're going to be out and about all day and only sleeping in the hotel, this is a good choice. The free wifi was nonexistent in our room, and lets just say that you get what you pay for with the free breakfast. I would stay again, but I'd go out for breakfast and plan on tethering to my phone for wifi.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
We have stayed her before and been satisfied with the service and cleanliness. During this visit we had no maid service. Our room was not attended to for two days. We were also disappointed in the "hot" breakfast as there were no eggs or breakfast meat, just oatmeal, or biscuits and gravy. We did enjoy very much the guitar concert which was provided on Saturday night. The location is very convenient and the surroundings are beautiful! There seems to have been a change in management for the worse.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Value hotel"
Have stayed here before so we knew what to expect. The rooms could use some freshening up. Wallpaper is peeling in places. The only major disappointment was even though there is advertised wifi, and it was showing up, we were unable to connect. Front desk said we were out-of-range. Therefore they shouldn't advertise it or get it upgraded. In this day of age, wifi is extremely important.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"OK, just old."
Fine old hotel. It has been kept up over the years but you can tell that this is an original main street property for TAOS. Clean, no bugs and some new stuff like bed spreads and TV. Well worth the stay.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Room was quiet. Facility needs updating. Towels need to be bleached.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
The room had a broken window, the wall paper had water damage and was falling from the wall, and the couch in the room had a large cut on the top and the stuffing was coming out. We requested another room and the door card would not open it . . . so we cancelled our reservation and came home.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
D
"Needs a lot of work"
First room stunk like an ash tray, second room had dirty walls, wall paper pealing off, no microwave or refrigerator as described. Lights throughout the complex were burned out, good thing I had a flashlight.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Rick M
Overall it was a good, quite nice stay. Very relaxing.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"TERRIBLE"
Nothing about this hotel is good. I can't say even one positive thing. The rooms were filthy, the food was awful, the pool unusable, the grounds a mess, the restaurant disgusting. We couldn't even walk on the carpet in the room, we wore clothing to bed and slept on our own stuff. We stayed one night because we went for our friends' wedding and that's where they booked, so we stayed too for their convenience with helping their kids, but OMG what a huge mistake. I have pictures of how dirty the place was....it was disgusting. Seriously gross. The workers...none of them looked like workers. I had no idea who worked there and didn't. One of the "housekeepers" was rolling her kids around in the trash bin like it was a stroller or a rollercoaster. Even the dishes in the restaurant weren't clean....I have pictures. I am highly disappointed that this place had as many stars as it did. It needs to be shut down or bought out and completely revamped. GROSS is the only word I can think of.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Cassandra Kramer
"Needs "face lift""
The hotel speaks of being in need of renovation. Everything looks very used. The pool was green. Had to change rooms due to smoke smell. The breakfast was sparse. Double rooms only offered double beds-no queens. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Old, ratty conditions made for disappointment."
The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, there was a large rip in the couch of our "suite" and there was a bullet hole in the window that had simply been taped up. Overall this is not worth the price they are charging and needs to be updated before we would ever consider staying here again.
Demi
"Book somewhere else"
The room was dirty. There was trash under the bed. The couch was dirty and stained.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Art
"Not bad for a one night stay"
No frig or microwave in room :( Killed two spiders in my bathtub :( The price of the room was OK and the restaurant food was good..
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Lorrie
We really enjoyed our stay at this facility. The room was great, the service was excellent, and we had a great time.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Not recommended"
Good location and Staff were lovely but that can't hide the fact that the place is falling backwards fast. First room was smelly with no air conditioning so refused it; second was clean and comfortable, albeit with cracked and dirty windows. Breakfast was scrambled egg, cereal, toast but on second morning, no hot food available. It is such a shame because the place has great possibilities but lack of investment is ruining it. I have stayed here before over the last two years and the place is simply going downhill fast. Such a shame......they lost another customer.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Kt
"OK for the price"
The room was OK - no complaints there. My problem was the front desk. There was a mixup with our reservation, and they did not seem to care at all. They wouldn't even walk 10 feet to confirm my reservation I had up on my email. I called Hotels.com and they straightened everything out - they even got us an upgraded room. If it wasn't for them, we would have been out of luck. We went to the lobby for the "included breakfast" and the only thing they had was toast and cold cereal.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Decent Hotel for $$"
Experience was ok for the $$. Nothing was really bad, but I did expect a little bit more.....it's obviously a very old faciltiy and needs lots of attention, the grounds as well as the room. Overall, it was not a bad experience, I just expected it to be a bit more appeasing top the eye and not look so run down.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014