All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
1005 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice area, old outdated and under staffed hotel."
We checked into our room and it about 8:00 pm. Room was 98 degrees and much cooler outside. Would have been nice if someone would have put the air on for arrival. Took about 2 hours to get the room where we could actually enjoy it. Went into to bathroom to take a shower and no towels! Called the desk they said they had no one to bring them and we would have to go get them at the desk. We were way in the back of the property and were on our Motorcycle. They finally brought the towels after we said we were going somewhere else and to cancel our room. All said and done with this issue, then no internet available, Oh it down we were told. Blah Blah. Last time we stay there.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Ron
"This hotel is extremely dated"
To be perfectly honest we were disappointed with our stay at Don Fernando De Taos. The on-line description was a little misleading and may have been appropriate and correct 20 years ago. This hotel is extremely dated and needs refreshing. Our room had a broken window which we reported but the staff did not seem overly concerned about it. The AC units were extremely load which was fortunate as it did drown out the noise from the party on the first floor. The breakfast, which is included, was horrible, dry cereal, and an assortment of breads and coffee. We would not recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Andre
"I you like dirty and inconvient... book here!"
What an awful place to stay!They put me in the last group of buildings, the internet did not work, I asked the desk clerk about it and she said "oh, just come to the lobby it will work here"!Every time, I needed to send a business email, I had to about 3/4 of a block to the lobby! The rooms are very dated and dirty..... I wish I could upload photos on the review,the mirror had many months of cobwebs clinging to it.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
We were able to check in early as we were attending an early wedding this was a huge help to us being on time and much appreciated
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Anthony
"I always enjoy my stay!"
Came into town for a wedding. I have stayed at the Don Fernando several times and am always pleased. This is my go to hotel in Taos because it is the best price for the quality. The staff is friendly and helpful. The grounds are well manicured and despite the fact that it is an older building, the rooms are always clean and comfy.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Kristin
"Okay for the Price"
This hotel was recommended to us by family who had stayed there previously, but I think it had been awhile. It was okay, for the price, but the A/C did not cool the room very well and both the pillows and towels were hard. Also, my relative had been impressed with their complimentary breakfast, but they have closed their in-house restaurant and the breakfast was not at all impressive. In fact, we skipped it and stopped for breakfast on the road.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Beth
"Great overnight place to stay"
The room and staff were excellent
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Ok"
It was a place to lay my head after a night of partying
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Alex
"Quiet hotel in need of some TLC"
It seems the hotel is being remodeled - and that's probably needed too. Breakfast selection was rather small. At the back of the property where I was staying there was no wireless network. It was however quiet and the staff felt sorry for the shape the hotel was in.
2 night trip May 7, 2015
"You have to love cold showers to stay here"
No hot water. You have to run water for 30 to 45 minutes to get hot water for a shower. Wastes 180-200 galloons of water in an environmentally focused town. Hotel clerks are ambivalent. Management doesn't care and owners probably don't know what this is costing them. Really low wattage light bulbs in t room. Not enough light to read by,
5 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Ed
"Plan to eat breakfast out...."
The room was clean, the pillows were not very comfortable and the contintental breakfast was not good at all.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Horrible breakfast"
The breakfast was horrible all they had was cereal and milk.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Waste of money, but you won't get killed"
I picked up a towel and it had a giant hole in it and i went for breakfast and they were out of everything except milk. Not worth the price i paid
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
"Double charged."
Very disappointed. Double charged my card, hot tub broke, ice machine broke, minimal breakfast. Stayed here a lot, not the quality it use to be.
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
We had double beds in our room so it was a small room but easy access to the parking lot. Our room needed a little TLC but we were comfortable and heater worked great. We didn't have hot water for showers 1 of the 3 mornings and 2 of the lamps didn't work all weekend. The swimming pool was very nice but hot tub was cold and jets were turned off. Breakfast was simple but good and fast.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Cindy
No amenities such as coffee pot or refridge. Really needs to be updated. The breakfast was frozen and the toaster kept blowing the fuse. The sink was literally knee high.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Not going to stay next year."
Disappointed in the breakfast,always low on items and no attendent to be found. last year was a full and warm breakfast. Room had lots of smears on the walls and room not vaccumed well. Bed was uncomfortable and full of stains. This hotels pool was not very clean and alot of green mold growing everywhere in that area.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"never again"
The hotel and room were both very dated. The sheets were dirty. The wall paper was peeling in some places. The lamps kept shutting off by themselves and we found at least three spiders in our room. The cereal bowls that were available during the complimentary breakfast were also dirty. When I called the front desk to request more towels they werent even able or willing to deliver them to my room. I would not stay at this hotel again.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"never will return"
items stolen from vehicle while checking into room. Breakfast area not lit and looked like wasn't open, was told "its out" rudely when asked if breakfast was available yet. Looked like food had been sitting all night and poor selection. .
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
never to return
"most uncomfortable stay ever"
the room is very old room, bathroom floor wasn't very clean, hair found in bathroom, a card key found on floor, the mattress was the worst ever slept on! then we went to get our continental breakfast at the set time and nothing was set!
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
marla
"Dated but comfy"
This was supposed to be just somewhere to sleep on a snowboarding trip. The room was a little dated but very comfortable. One of my bath towels was stained but aside from that it was clean. The breakfast in the morning was pretty minimal. Cereal, danish, toast. We wound up eating at the resort instead. All in all if i was was to need somewhere to sleep again while in the area I'd go back. Decent for the price.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
I loved my recent stay very nice. I would truly recommend this place for people to stay.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"A hotel past its prime"
On first view, this is an impressive property: rooms in 6 2-story bldgs; however, it has not been maintained. We had booked a suite for 4 nts; I would have thought that the heat would have been turned on for us. The first room we were given had a broken heater, so we had to move (after having moved all our gear into the room!) It advertised an indoor swimming pool & hot tub; both were full of water, but for some unexplained reason, were closed. The breakfast was sad. When we checked out, I was going to be charged for the stay; we had prepaid, of course, with Hotels.com. In charge of the front desk & hence, the entire hotel, was a young woman at her first job!
4 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Restaurant was closed. Breakfast was terrible. bed was worn out.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Avoid this hotel!"
The pictured pool is not open...apparently never WiFi inoperative. Lamps in room broken.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
rosy
"My Taos Fave"
Each Christmas we stay at another establishment in Taos. But because that motel raised its prices, we decided for the same $$ we'll try Don Fernando. What a difference! The room at Don Fernando was much roomier, prettier, cleaner; the layout was more comfortable and most importantly it was QUIET. There were minor inconveniences but Don Fernando is my choice from now on.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"No Service"
This hotel was nice because it had a fireplace but service was non-existent. They ran out of towels so we couldn't shower. They didn't have any firelogs like they said they would. The breakfast was ok at best and the pool was closed during our entire stay. Don't expect any kind of service AT ALL.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Dustin
"Abysmal."
We arrived to check in on New Year's Eve and were told that the pool and hot tub were closed. We then proceeded to the three rooms we had booked for the night-- two of which intolerably stank of mildew. We had to move both rooms. Upon attempting to settle in, we had issues with the free wifi wasn't connecting. After two rude conversations with the front desk clerk, we were told that the internet wasn't working hotel-wide and it probably wasn't going to be fixed.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Deanna
"Reasonable condition"
We went for a ski trip in Taos, the hotel is close to all the local businesses and very convenient for shopping and night life. The choices of breakfast is limited and the staff is slow in replenishing supplies.
6 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Qi
"Ski Weekend"
I booked this hotel for the price during Christmas week (12/24- 12/28) for a ski trip. Was not sure about it after some of the reviews, but I took a chance anyway. Room was a suite with fireplace and separate bedroom. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was great and breakfast was good also. Biscuits, gravy, eggs and bacon. Cereal and toast were also available. Indoor pool was down for 2 days with a pump issue but was fixed on the day before we left. Yes the room could be up dated but for 109 a night it was very nice and comfortable.It had all the amenities that I needed to make my stay enjoyable. I truly liked tis hotel and will stay there again on my next ski trip.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
michael
"Ok for sleeping. That's it"
The pool was broken and the washing machines pipes burst. Nothing was fixed during the 5-day stay.Breakfast was bare bones and a sign encouraged guest to only take what they needed. Wifi only good for checking messages: streaming was iffy and app downloads impossible. Connexion kept getting dropped. Staff did not know much about area attractions and ski options. Cheap clean beds, pet-friendly, but nothing else.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
sylvie
"Not a good hotel in the winter"
The pool was out of operation when we were there. The front desk said that they had been shut down for using improper chemicals in the pool. They were scheduled to be inspected and reopen later that week, but it didn't help us when we were there. Having a pool was one of the reasons we booked this hotel, and not having that was a major disappointment. Also, note that this hotel has many different buildings. If you are staying during the winter, note that you will have to go outside into the cold air to get to the pool, breakfast, and the front desk. Finally, the rooms have very few electrical outlets - finding places to plug in our devices to charge was a challenge. We had to unplug lights to get to charge our phones.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"30 minutes from TSV"
Very dated. Still had an old 27" tv. Wifi was non existant in my room.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Perfect for a ski trip"
No fancy bells and whistles but hotel staff was more than friendly. Did not have hot water in the morning but wasn't too worried about that.
"So so hotel"
No breakfast on different days pool out of service. Hotel was clean but needs an update.
"Nice place to stay"
Room was clean, plenty of hot water/pressure in shower. No wifi and the pool closed.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Breakfast wasn't ready."
I called ahead to confirm the pool would be available and was told it should be. However, upon arrival, was told the pool was unavailable. Waiting on some certification sign off. We had stayed here before and remembered that the breakfast wasn't just "continental" but a full hot breakfast which is a plus since we are here to ski. When we checked in, the desk clerk said breakfast was served from 7-10. We were at the dinning area at 7 and the only food out was some cold cereal. Some of the tables hadn't even been wiped cleaned from the night before. I asked the front desk where breakfast was and he went to check with the kitchen. A few minutes later biscuits and gravy came out. A few more minutes, some pancakes, not enough for the few guests that were showing up by now. Very disappointed.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Very Disappointed in Our Stay."
We stayed here last year and was really pleased with our experience. The breakfast buffet was fabulous and overall it was a perfect place to stay for a ski vacation. This year it's like a totally different hotel! The hotel staff was non-existent! My husband called the front desk twice for someone to please put light bulbs in the ceiling fixtures, he finally gave up and went to Walmart and bought light bulbs and put them in himself. The breakfast buffet was terrible and there was no customer service. After announcing myself from the kitchen doorway and no one acknowledging me, I walked into the kitchen and got my own silverware and water cups. I noticed during the three days we were there, other guests had to do the same. Never did we see an employee in the dining room however, you would see them walking from the kitchen to the front desk carrying food and drinks for themselves.The swimming pool had been shut down for at least 30 days by the New Mexico Health Department. The front desk clerk told us that we could use the hot tub which we did our first night. The next night there was a deadbolt on the door and when my husband questioned the front desk clerk he didn't know why though he was the one that gave us permission to use the hot tub the night before. And last, the in-room coffee maker had never been cleaned and had mold and a used coffee pack in it from the last customer. Based upon our experiences this year, we will say at a different hotel next year.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
robin
"Great hotel experience in previous trips to Taos."
Cleanliness would be the biggest issue here. Between the once over look by the cleaning staff. Leaving more behind than one would expect. Too a liberal pet policy that requires additional detailed cleaning. We travel to Taos every year and had many pleasant stays here, but next time?
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Scooter
"Save your money"
The only reason we chose this hotel was because the pool. Them upon arrival we are told the pool is closed. Also waited over 20 minutes before a server came for our order. Don't waste your money here.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Meh"
The front desk staff at this place was great. I got very lost due to crazy GPS routing and they talked me in after midnight. That said, the property is very old and run down and the 'free' breakfast was one of the worst I have ever seen in my life. The kitchen staff is not as good as the front desk staff and the restaurant was filthy ("waitress" spoke no English). But it was better than sleeping in my car on a deserted road.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
Citygirl
"Great Place to stay"
Neat design and layout with great parking near rooms. Price is a bargain for large, comfortable rooms. We will stay here on our next trip to Taos.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
The personnel services were very poor. They had signs up regarding the dinning room, Claimed it was open but it wasn't, a bus full of guest arrived and wanted to eat dinner. At first they were turned away but later the staff called more people to come to work. We were not very happy.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Don Fernando de Taos review"
I expect some effort when I am paying $87 per night. The condition of the room was far below what I expected, and hotel service was practically non-existent. This looked like a hotel that has had no money put into its infrastructure in a very long time. The employees seemed to have no incentive to care. I could not recommend this hotel to anyone going to Taos.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
ben
"Was not a favorable experience."
The curtains in the room look like they have not been cleaned in years. They were tattered and torn. The tub in the bathroom needs a serious cleaning as it has scum on it. The wireless internet did not work for the two days I was there. Called front desk on first day and the said "I will have maintenance reset the router." Apparently they don't know how to resolve this issue. Housekeeping did not replenish the in-room coffee the second day. Only found one working soda machine and then found out the bill slot would not work. The continental breakfast was cold cereal or biscuits and gravy.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Lovely indoor pool"
The hotel has a very nice layout, spacious rooms and public areas. Just needs to have the owner spend a few bucks dressing it up.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Needs work"
Service in bar area poor. Rooms dated and not really clean.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"disapointment"
Had stayed before and had a wonderful experience. This time around the room just didn't seem as clean the cieling had areas of water damage and wallpaper bulging. Breakfast consited of biscuts and gravy, toast, dry cerael where before it was a full breakfast.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Disgusting - do not stay here!"
Do not stay at this hotel - it is disgusting! Filthy! The receptionist could not even be bothered to get out of her chair to greet me or make eye contact. Her trainee was helping another customer, but she didn't bother to help me - I had to wait. The first room I was given was so dirty - dirty sink, toilet, table and the lampshades were thick with dust. When I asked for a different room, the trainee gave me another - when I went to that one, it had not even been cleaned since the last person! I saw him check the list to see if it was marked as clean, so doubt it was his fault. I asked for the Manager, but he was unable to get her to come to reception to help me. He offered me another room, and to go with me to see it was OK. It was better, but not a lot - I had him remove the lampshades which were equally filthy. If my 89 year old father had not gone to lie down in his room, tired after our day long journey, I would have walked out. His room was not a lot better. The smoke alarm in my father's room started beeping at 6am - good job it wasn't earlier. We dreaded breakfast the next morning and our fears were justified: no adult cereal, cold water to make hot tea, stale bread for toast, no napkins, no trash bin,rotting fruit, dirty cups, and the only girl working the area did not have enough English to respond to guests requests. I ventured into the kitchen looking for help - and the whole area was disgusting. We left.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
JM
"Taos getaway"
great room and had a nice afternoon swimming. It has the best pool ever!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014