All hotels in Coral Gables, Florida, United States of America
1350 S Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables, FL, 33146, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Nice holiday inn near university of Miami"
Clean and staff friendly. Bar had reasonable prices. Close to university of Miami and Biltmore Hotel
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear Expedia Traveler, Thank you for your review of our hotel. We always love to hear what our guests have to say about us. We’re glad you found us to be conveniently located and that you were pleased with our cleanliness and service. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Ricardo
"Convenient to the University"
The hotel is ideally located for those visiting campus or a nearby hospital. Lots of shopping and restaurants in the area, too. Free parking a bonus. Staff were very efficient, friendly and helpful. Wifi access and speed was terrible. Room was clean except for some mold growing under the sink rim.
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear Hotels.com Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad your experience was positive for the most part, especially with regards to our service and location. I do apologize for your less than satisfactory Wi-Fi experience and for the bathroom issue. We will definitely address these immediately so as to not inconvenience future guests. We truly value the feedback we receive from guests as this allows us to continually improve the level of hospitality we provide. Thank you once more, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Warm Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
"The Central loaction"
General pleasant besides the bad experience with a centipede in the bathroom by a bathroom stop at 4.30 am in the morning and a security officer which knocked on our door round 11.00 pm to deliver a baby crip which was not for us.
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear Expedia Traveler, Thank you very much for your comments. I’m glad you found our hotel to be pleasant and well located. I do apologize for the centipede in the bathroom and for the mix up with the crib delivery. We have contacted our pest control provider to be more diligent and advised our Housekeeping department to also keep an eye out for these critters. And our Front Desk staff has been instructed to be more careful when dealing with guest requests. We value your feedback as it helps us pinpoint areas where we can improve. Thanks again, and we hope to see you back soon. Warm Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"The Holday Inn on Dixie H'way, Coral Gables, Miami"
We found the hotel room very spacious and comfortable. Hotel service was adequate, and the room was cleaned daily. The restaurant in the lobby had a good menu, and happy hour at the bar. Although the location wasn't the best, the Metrorail across the street offerred a low cost means to tour the surrounding area. We feel the hotel should provide their guests with information on how to use public transportation. We had to find that on our own,
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear Murray Beaver, Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback from your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our hotel, and we thank for your thoughtful suggestion. This is something we will work on to have readily available for our guests. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
4 night family trip Feb 17, 2014
Murray Beaver
"decent place"
One nite stay. Hotel was clean and in a good location for restaurants and bars.. Room was ok. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom very small. There was a rather strong air freshener smell that really bothered my allergies.
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear gret, Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. It would seem that your stay was satisfactory for the most part. We will definitely look into the air freshener issue you mention. We look forward to having you with us again soon. Kind Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
1 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"Nice stay!"
Juts what I'd expect from this chaln. Nice large room and comfortable bed. The staff was Outstanding. When I related my earlier stay at another motel the desk staff was so upset, they gave me a gift bag, comped a drink at the bar and gave me a discount coupon for dinner.I felt so spoiled.
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Coral Gables. We take great pride in providing the best hospitality possible, and it's great to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. And if we did spoil you, then we hope to do it again real soon. Thanks again. Kind Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Holiday Inn is OK"
Good clean hotel with friendly professional staff. Bit pricey for a Holiday Inn but convenient to the U.
Response by Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Dear Steve, Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. We are glad you found our property and service to your liking and our location convenient (across the street from the University of Miami). We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards, Constantino Papadopulos General Manager
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2014
"clean, friendly, helpful"
I was placed in a King Bed room with a clogged drain in shower. They politely moved me upon my request. I was placed in a wonderful room that met all my expectations and more.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Lynn
"Expensive hotel with a poor conditions"
Rooms are not clean enough, specially the carpet. Air conditioner very noisy. The TV controller not working.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Clean hotel, great location."
Stayed 3 nights, hotel clean and close to shopping and resturaunts. Front desk very helpful. Billy the manager evenprinted out directions for us on mapquest. We would stay again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
Pep
"Decent hotel in good location"
Need a clean hotel in Coral Gables with easy access to area… this hotel will do. Rooms are small, but free parking and WIFI are a plus… has a pool and decent fitness room. Located next to a park for walking and across from Univ of Miami.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"University of Miami - Best place to stay"
It is a 5 minute walk to the campus, in a very nice area and there are a lot of options to eat and buy nearby. The service is great, cleaning and everything but the bathroom could be better. Really enjoyed my time there.
6 night trip Jan 20, 2014
Carlos
"A"
Hotel is a little older. Could be renevated to make more modernized.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Free Parking, Free Wifi?"
So like holiday inn because you usually get consistency out of them. Unfortunately this was an older hotel. I booked this hotel, because it had free wifi & free parking. However, I found it was too far out for my taste. And the free internet wasn't working well & the front desk was not helpful abou tthatl
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"Close to University of Miami (across the street)"
Everything was very nice. Gift shop had a little bit of anything someone may need. If you are picky about your pillows you should bring your own as there is only one thickness even though the pillowcase shows "firm" or "soft". The beds were comfortable, the pool area was very nice and restaurant looked appealing.
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Michele
One of the best places I have stayed in. The staff seemed to go out of there way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel was in a convenient location and was not that are from South Beach where we usually go. The restaurant at the hotel was excellent and we ate there a few times during our stay. Would definitely stay there again.
5 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
"Breakfast Buffet at Toucan Restaurant is Mediocre"
When waiter Jacqueline took my used plate and silver, I asked for new set of utensils, she pointed to my daughter's utensils and said "you can use hers, she didn't seem to use them" which my daughter had actually used. They do not fill up empty glasses of water and take a long time to do so even after you have made eye contact and have signaled you need water. And the restaurant was not even busy that morning. On our second day, I saw two ladies get up from their table and help themselves to water. The only helpful person we met was a gentleman named Izvany and a lady named Lourdes. The others need training badly. Main breakfast selection was limited. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes and either hotcake or french toast everyday.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Lopez
Very pleasant.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
e.g. Teresa
"Good comfort"
We've stayed here several times before. Basically, it is a slightly aging property but generally well-kept. The beds and pillows are VERY comfortable. The only downside is that the walls are perilously thin. During our 3-night stay, two of the nights were wonderful. During one night, the family next door was incredibly loud at 2:30 am. I called down to the front desk to complain and the problem was resolved within minutes.
3 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"very close to the metro"
staff was very informative and accomodating
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
I enjoyed my stay. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The hotel was very clean and the room was not only clean but also very roomy.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2013
"Second year."
This is our second year in this hotel and we read all the reviews we could before we booked last year and all of them give excellent comments. Going back should tell you we where happy, and we where. The staff are wonderful and that makes everything good. I would recommend this hotel for sure and we hopefully will be back next year.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Annette
"Very nice stay."
Clean, comfortable room, lovely pool, coffee and ice water waiting in the lobby, and conscientious, friendly staff. A very nice stay.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
"Nice hotel. Close to U of Miami"
We arrived to Miami on a redeye from LA and were able to check in at 7:00 AM. Hotel staff was very friendly and flexible.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Will
"close to University, Coral Gables Country Club"
Edgar at the desk was very helpful in telling us how to take the train to Brickell Avenue downtown. He printed a map and marked the restaurant for us.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Close to my sister,s"
Stayed there before, few years ago it was Ok , this time a lot better, friendlier employees, and in very good conditions. My only complain, cofee in restaurant
2 night trip Oct 13, 2013
carmen
"Very pleased for the price point."
We checked in for 3 days and after the first night we requested a poolside room. The staff coordinated out move and got us pool side for no extra cost. I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering it.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Room Upkeep"
The room was not serviced properly when we checked in. There were used soap bars in the washroom and the refrigerator had stuff left by the previous occupants I guess. We checked in at 1030 and were out at 7am, after a long tired drive we we in no state to complain and change rooms. But this is not expected from a holiday inn. We have had much better experiences with the other properties of the chain.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
rahul
Excellent staff, clean room with all accessories working properly. Great location and very good value.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Peter Hastings
"The very best in customer service"
I left Chicago at 5:00 a.m. and after a long day finally arrived at the hotel after 6:30 p.m. I was greeted by Billy, who said that the two double bed room I had reserved was the only one left and was handicap equipped. He asked if I would mind getting a room with a king size bed. I hesitated because I have never been a fan of king sized beds – they’re just too big. Billy was non-judgmental and offered me a quiet room away from the elevator. I was hot from walking 1.5 miles in the Miami heat and when I got to my room I was overwhelmed by a strong cleaning fragrance and tried to open the window, to no avail. The phone rang and it was Billy from the front desk. He asked if I was satisfied with the room. I told him I was hoping the window would open as I was feeling very overwhelmed by the stagnant air. He said, again without judgment or irritation, the he knew how he could help me and offered a room with a balcony that could open. He very nicely asked if I would not mind coming back down to the front desk to exchange room cards. When I went downstairs to the desk, Billy was assisting another guest but handed me a new room card. I went up to the room. Well, I walked into a quiet, clean spacious room with a king sized bed, balcony and a sitting area. As I stood on the balcony after finally dropping my bags the phone rang again. I knew it was Billy. He again inquired if I was satisfied with the room. I told him that is was beyond my expectations.
4 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
Cindy D
"a nice hotel"
good trafic (train)and convinence to the univeristy of miami
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Hotel lacked security."
Security was lacking. Guys were walking the halls knocking on random doors at all hours of the night. Someone tried to access my room from the adjoining room door--not a good night's sleep.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
jl
"Walking distance to University of Miami"
The location is great if you have business to attend to inside the University. The hotel is also a short 15 min commute to Brickell. The staff were absolutely delightful and the rooms are clean and well managed. The place is deceiving from the outside because it looks like nothing special but it is a great place once you enter the front door.
5 night trip Jul 2, 2013
Adam B
"Comfortable hotel"
This was a comfortable hotel within walking distance of the University of Miami. My room had a great view of the pool and was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. The bathroom was good sized with a great shower but no tub. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Pool was clean and heated with lots of chairs and tables. Fitness room was about what you would expect for a Holiday Inn - a couple of treadmills and weights. It was clean though. The restaurant was very nice and my daughter and I enjoyed the food. It was priced about the same as the nearby TGI Fridays and tasted better. Wait staff was very friendly and helpful. The gratuity is included in the price of your bill. The only complaint I have is that the walls are thin and it can be noisy if you have a large group on your floor. I stayed 8 days and only had trouble with noise two nights so it is a minor quibble. There is no airport shuttle but the Miami Metro Rail will get you to the airport or the front desk staff will call a cab. All in all a very nice stay. I recommend it and will be staying there again.
8 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Kandi
"Moldy smell and damp carpets"
Though the service and food were good, there was a definite humudity problem on the second floor.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"Excellent hotel near medical facilities."
We stayed one night to be in Miami to be ready for an early doctor's appointment. It was conveniently located and easy to reach for people not familiar with Miami.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Jack
"poor little hotel"
it was adequate but desperately in need of upgrading.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
First room I had was so damp and muggy I had to be moved. Next room was much better. Unfortunately a storm had knocked out hot water pump so no hot water. Staff at front desk and restaurant very accommodating.
1 night business trip May 20, 2013
"I was so shocked"
the shower was not clean and the water was leaking. The hotel is in a bad shape. The elevator's flooring was popped out. Someone could trip and hurt himself.
Other trip May 22, 2013
"Not great....pretty bad"
I was totally grossed out the entire time. The hotel is simply unclean.
2 night trip May 14, 2013
"business trip"
I was on business to the University of Miami. The hotel was 100 yards from the light rail stop and directly across the street from the university. Perfect location. the hotel was just fine. It was not Hilton, but it was no dive either. The restaurant was good and it was clean. I will stay there again.
1 night trip May 12, 2013
jimmy
Awesome
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Teresa
"University Of Miami tour Trip"
This hotel was cozy and great.Unfortunately I thought breakfast was included but when I re-booked for a lower rate that was not the case.Still, the buffet was nice each morning. Very nice hotel and walking distance to UM.
Business trip Apr 15, 2013
"near Univ of Miami"
Staff were very courteous and helpful; breakfast buffet had nice assortment of items; very convenient to the Univ of Miami (across the street)
1 night trip Apr 7, 2013
"My Stay @ Coral Gables"
For one day the room was comfortable and welcoming. The bathroom needs a little help. example: if you look in the mirror you will see mold in the sink on the rim. You really cannot close the door without moving yourself out of the way (Tight). The temp in the room was prefect. Overall there are only 2 hotels in stay in and Holiday Inn is one of them. Angel from the front desk was so very helpful in all aspects and always willing to give any direction if needed. A big THANKS to Holiday Inn and staff--great job.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
Janet
"Great Hotel if Visiting UM"
Needed renovations are underway. Great location if you are visiting UM. Also right on metro line so good place to stay if you don't have a car. Can use metro to get to the airport ($2.00 and 45 mins vs taxi $25 and 20 or more mins. depending on traffic. Very nice pool and bar area.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"Good location, great hotel chain, bad maintenance"
The room I stayed in was pretty comfortable. It was right on the second floor. However, you stepped outside of your room and everything was sort of dingy. They were doing a lot of maintenance but not to the areas that truly did require maintenance (such as the elevator). The internet was beyond unreliable. For someone who was trying to get some work done at night, the hotel really was not a good pick. I'd even be willing to pay for my internet usage, instead of having free but horrible internet. Aside from that, the location was great and so was the free parking. The concierge was helpful and everything else was fine.
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2012
Denise
"Nice hotel for a non "South Beach"Miami experience"
Quick check-in and out and overall a professional and friendly staff. We stayed for 8 day's and if one person stood out in the hotel, it was the room maid Margarita C. who was courteous, friendly and help full.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
Hein
"Great Location for U of Miami visit"
Right across the street from University of Miami. The Metro is right across the street making it easy (and inexpensive) to get to and from the airport. Staff is very helpful and informative. I definitely will use this hotel in the future now that my daughter has chosen U of Miami for school
2 night trip Mar 28, 2013
Sue
"Great when visiting Univ. of Miami!"
The condition of the hotel was negatively impacted by construction taking place to improve it overall so I wouldn't put too much weight on that response! A bit busy but it is also very convenient and once you're inside the hotel its user friendly with a real nice court yard and pool area!
Other trip Apr 2, 2013