All hotels in McLean, Virginia, United States of America
1960 Chain Bridge Rd, McLean, VA, 22102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location, excellent staff"
I'm glad I picked this hotel, what a great time. It was close enough to Washington DC, but far enough not to deal with the hustle of the city. Great location for shopping and dining.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Henri
McLean is a great place to visit! Great for shopping and visiting DC. Driving is very confusing though. Bring your GPS!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Excellent Location"
Very convenient. Within walking distance from two malls, restaurants, and the DC Metro.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Free shuttle sevice to and from Metro"
Free shuttle service to and from Silver Line Metro (Spring Hill station) - very convenient. Only negative is the Hotel entrance sign is too small, easy to miss the entrance from Greensboro Drive.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Good Value"
Good location, near all the Tysons shops. Close to new subway line into DC. Big pool/hot tub, for a hotel.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Room was clean but had really thin walls"
Room and hotel is in a convenient location; staff was good and polite.The amenities however were not sufficient. They had a small tube of shampoo and also no toothbrush etc. Ice machine was on a different floor and there was no signs to let you know where the ice machine is. The walls very were thin and i could hear the couples next door doing their "business". Bring ear plugs if you intend to stay next to noisy neighbors
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Actually LIKE ALL THE PICTURES"
it WAS A VERY NICE HOTEL, really CLOSE TO EVERYTHING. And the food there was delicious
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
DeAndrea
Great courtyard,pool,andworkout facility. Outside courtyard extremely enjoyable
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Excellent value"
We will definitely stay again. Everything lived up to or surpassed expectations.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nice hotel...good value for what I paid."
Overall I was very pleased with the Crowne Plaza. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. I think they could have vending machines instead of buying everything downstairs at somewhat inflated prices. Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet, though that also seemed a little steep. There was a little confusion on directions for where to meet the shuttle back to the hotel from the Metro station and also how to get to the Metro station. The location of the hotel is in the business district but very safe area overall. I would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Andy
"Good location/not much there"
I stayed at this hotel for business because most of the other hotels I would normally stay in were full. Old and in need of improvements. Restaurant is OK if you like burgers.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"A Most Comfortable Accommodation"
The Crowne Plaza in McLean is my go-to place when staying in the greater DC area. It's location is ideal, and the accommodations are suburb. With a wonderful staff, comfortable rooms, and a terrific bar that stays open late, it's the only place I like to stay and has opened the doors for other stays at the Cowne Plaza chain. Love the pool, the gym, the all of it!
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
Nancy Rush
"Not worth the headache..."
Went to check in at the given time and no rooms were available. Was told to check back in an hour but I needed a room bc I had to get some rest after working almost 20 hours had. Came back in an hour still no room... after two more hours still no rooms... by this time I'm aggravated bc I'm tired and I'm paying for a room that I don't have. The attendant at the counter told me that it would be another 15 mins and while in waiting I get approached by security as if I'm causing a problem. At no point was I argumentative, causing a scene, or gave reason for security to approach me. The way they treat their paying customers were total unprofessional and uncivil. To top it off I was still charged full price for time I didn't have my room. To add the shower drain was clogged abd the toilet didn't flush. Sooo not worth the headache. Helpful hint: Stay at the Marriott next door if possible.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Deric
"I will not go back."
I had to wait 10 minutes to check in, given first floor room when I had requested a higher floor, beds were uncomfortable, breakfast was very slow, server forgot about us, and breakfast food was not very good and was expensive.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Hello Carol, We're so sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was less than enjoyable. We try our best to make everything seamless for our guests and it sounds like we've disappointed you and there is no excuse for that. I can assure you that your experience is not our norm and we want you to come back and experience the true Crowne Tysons. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon. Sean Nunan Assistant General Manager
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Stayed here for a brief overnight trip with my son and we were both very pleased with the hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the rooms were very well kept! Would highly recommend!
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Will
"Elegant hotel, terrible mattress"
Everything was great! Close to shopping, metro and sights. Hated the mattress it killed my back and even my kids and husband agreed it was very uncomfortable.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Hello Traveler, We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Tysons and liked almost everything about your stay! I'm so sorry to hear that the mattress in your room wasn't comfortable as we strive to ensure all of our guests have great night sleep. We have identified some mattresses that aren't up to our standards and have replaced them,so we do hope that you will come back and give us a chance to make your stay Perfect! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon! Sean Nunan Assistant General Manager
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great hotel and staff"
I was very pleased with the Crowne Plaza Tyson's Corner. Staff at check-in were very friendly and offered complimentary champagne. The room was awesome, the bed was very comfortable, and although I didn't get a chance to use other amenities like the pool or workout area, it was a nice option that they were there. The only downside is that if you're coming in from out of town, it's kind of hard to find the main entrance (at least it was for me), and I had to turn around several times before I found it. My room was on the first floor, which I wasn't crazy about, but at least it was quick to get in and get out. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Julia
"This hotel is a great value!"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfotable. Excellent hotel for the price!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
kimberly
"Not perfect but close enough"
I've stayed at this hotel multiple times for business trips in the Tysons area. I've had hit or miss experiences with my room - for example, my last stay was on the first floor near an exit door and I had june bugs in my room! The staff is always courteous and the beds are comfortable - they did accommodate my requests when I've asked to change rooms, etc. Other than the 1 bug experience I would say all stays have been pleasant and comfortable! The food is good too, very nice if you come in late and don't feel like venturing out for a meal.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Elena
"quickie"
really nice!
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice hotel convenient to local attractions"
Staff was super helpful. Nice pool. Good value. Close to local attractions. Loved the amenities. In the room.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Toony
"Fine !"
At the entrance of the hotel there was no one to welcome me and help me with the luggage. I'll suggest to increase the number of porters. I will suggest also to organize the airport shuttle.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
John Otshudiema
"The hotel was very convenient to shopping!"
I had a very nice stay at the hotel. The exercise facilities were great along with the indoor pool. The food on the hotel was excellent!
Ken
nice hotel and location and i had nice rooms for me and my kids
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Convenient and Comfortable"
Although location was convenient to shopping and attractions, it does take a bit of navigation to find the hotel. Parking is difficult, as garage is not labeled for hotel customers so we were not sure we could utilize, and waited instead for a vehicle to leave its spot across from the hotel entrance. Once inside the customer service was outstanding! The young man at the front desk gave us an option of floors we could stay on and told us the many virtues of each. We decided on a king 1st floor. The room was clean and comfortable - the bed inviting. We had been warned the outside traffic may be a nuisance, but it was not a problem.(The mini refrigerator in the room made more noise than the traffic.) Will definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.
Proud Marymount Parent
"Tyson's Central"
This is a centrally located hotel with Gym, Bar and Restaurant that is better than comparable Tysons area hotels such as the Holiday Inn and Tysons Marriott. Service was great and parking garage is easy. The location can be little tricky to find for out of town guests since it has Chain Bridge Road address but is not accessible from Rt 123
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"luxurious"
we travelled from Michigan, to visit relatives in the area, we very much enjoyed the "extras" such as a bottle of water, candies, creamers, variety of sugars, the comfort of the bed/pillows. We all slept "like the dead".
"Bad Experience"
Very disappointed in my experience with the Crown Plaza. Expected better customer service given the brand name. To start with, when I arrived they had no communication with Hotels.com regarding my reservation and when I was trying to figure out what was going on they pretty much told me to go figure it out and come back when I do. When I finally got passed that they gave me the worst possible room they could give me in the hotel. The staff was rude the whole time. I would advise to stay else where as there are many choices in the area.
"Outstanding Service"
The service at this hotel is outstanding! The front desk staff was very warm and friendly. The hotel also has a shuttle that will take you to and pick you up from any of the nearby office buildings with very little wait time. The shuttle also runs hourly to each of the nearby malls. The hotel also has a restaurant and a pub which both serve terrific food. I will definitely stay here again when I return to the area.
3 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
rthrift
"Excellent hotel"
Very nice room & bed -- great breakfast
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Gatorman
"am not impressed"
I chose this Crown Plaza based on the very good experience I had in the same hotel in Denver, CO; but this was not that impressive. Some of the staffs were very friendly, but some were extremely (I mean extremely!) rude. I was wondering why, but they were not helpful at all. The trick was waiting for their shift to end and ask another staff the same thing and get it. If I had time to spend on this, I would have talked to the manager about it there.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear “A traveler”; I was disappointed to read the review of your stay at our hotel and apologize for your experience. We do strive to make every guest experience a great one and it appears we did not with you. Your comments will be reviewed with our team members to ensure we correct the issues. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show that we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
5 night trip Jun 13, 2014
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Helen
"Perfect for Business Travel"
Close to the airport an walking distance to the malls. Not too many frills, and not much of a neighborhood-- but gets the job done.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
Robert A
I paid for breakfast and when I got there they told me it was not on my reservation. I will not go through hotels.com again
3 night business trip May 23, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, 20 mins away from washington dc"
The hotel was really nice for the price, the beds were comfy and room was cleaned every morning. My card stopped working to get back into my room a couple times, but I just took it back to the front desk with my ID and got a new one. The hotel was only a short drive to Washington DC, and within minutes to the mall and movie theater. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning on taking a weekend trip to Washington.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Katie
"Hotel Maid VERY NASTY!!!!"
This was my second time staying at this hotel, the first time we stayed at 10pm when we arrived they didn't have our room ready. They were STILL cleaning it. This trip, I had left a jacket in the closet and when I called the hotel the next day they said it wasn't there. The maid manager was EXTREMELY nasty to me over the phone. I travel once a month to different hotels and I have never had such a horrible experience with the staff than at this specific hotel.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear “Melissa”; I was disappointed to read the review of your latest stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the way you received a response regarding your lost article as well as waiting for your room to be ready. We will figure out who might have answered the phone and even though language barriers are an issue with some of our team members, counseling them will help, as to making sure our guests are taken care of politely. I personally have gone to our lost and found and unfortunately no jackets have been turned in during the past several weeks. We look forward to your return to our area so we can show you that we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
"Great Location to Mall and Metro for getting to DC"
Friendly & surprisingly accommodating staff- AMBER ROCKS!!!!! That girl turned a DISAPPOINTING moment into a Fun & MEMORABLE one!!! Awesome Customer Service Skills! Than you!!
Other trip May 26, 2014
J
"Disappointing."
The room wasn't ready when we checked in. When it was finally ready, I found a pile of cut fingernails next to a nightstand. It looked like they hadn't vacuumed. The mattress was terrible, and hotel itself felt tired. There was also, randomly, a mildew smell in the hallways.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear” Traveler”; I was very disappointed in reading the review of your stay at our hotel. We strive to ensure that all of our guests receive great service and products. We dropped the ball with you and I extend my sincerest apologies. We do plan every year to do a refresh of our hotel as we just completed the lobby and public areas. The rooms will be part of next year’s plan. Our Executive Housekeeper has reviewed your comments with her team in order make sure these mistakes do not happen again. Again, my apologies, and I hope you will return to our area so we show you that we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
Other trip May 25, 2014
"I booked two rooms, and wanted to have a king bed"
in one and double in other. The email site would not let me achieve this. When we arrived the desk clerk would not change this either. The shower did not work. The bed and linens were exceptional. Walk to elevator was too far for bad knees. I asked for room near elevator. It was, but walk to elevator was very far. Someone should have known this and forewarned me.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear “73 w/bad knees”; Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read of the issues with your room and I sincerely apologize as we do want our guests to be totally satisfied with their stay. We will review with our front desk team the need to explain the location of the elevators and the capability to give guests an option to have a room in our low-rise which is closer to the front desk. Our Executive Housekeeper and her team will be pleased about the cleanliness of the room and the comfort of the bed. We hope that you will return to our area so that we can show you that we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
Other trip May 18, 2014
73 w/bad knees
"Very nice hotel close to the airport."
We needed to stay near the airport on our last day in Washington DC. Crowne Plaza was excellent; from check in to check out, everything was easy, staff very friendly and informative, food was great and drinks even better. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone. Thanks Crowne Plaza!
Other trip May 6, 2014
MVS
"15 min from DC sights"
Hotel was clean and comfortable but our room was next to elevators which sounded like constant thunder all day and night. DO NOT take a room that ends in 11 (711,811, etc.) They said they were not able to move us because no other rooms were available.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear”BH”; Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We do appreciate your positive comments regarding a clean and comfortable hotel and the location and service. I am sorry we were unable to move you farther away from the elevator issue you experienced. Hopefully, when you are able to return to our area, you will experience a much more enjoyable stay. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
BH
"Great location!"
The location is perfect for the Tysons Corner area. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was friendly. The hotel seems a little aged and the elevations had a weird odor. Overall I would come back again to stay.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Awesome location for our needs."
This hotel lived up to a Crowne plaza. The only thing we were unhappy about was the pool was only open in the early morning and evening hours.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Janet
"BAD EXPERIENCE...AGAIN!!!"
We have had issues here before- the room type we requested through Hotels.com was not 'available' - not being waited on in order of line. This time around the room was disgusting! Hair and crumbs in the beds. To top it off- they DOUBLE CHARGED US! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO. My credit card showed Hotel.com charge and then Crowne Plaza charged us also!!
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear “A traveler”; I was very disappointed to read the review of your recent stay at our hotel and I apologize regarding the experience you had. We do strive to ensure all guests are taken care of and I will review your comments with the appropriate departments to make sure this situation does not happen again. We do ask the guest for a credit card to authorize for incidental charges only when a reservation is made through a third party. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to show you we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"Pay extra to stay somewhere else"
Four star hotel that should be rated 1.5 stars. Booked a two bedroom and they didn't have any when I checked it. Then the air conditioner didn't work. The room smelt like damp socks. The restaurants in the hotel (Tuscan grill and O'Malleys) were absolutely terrible. Food was overcooked and bland and the entire wait staff needs to be replaced. I wouldn't stay here again if it was free.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear Tommy; I was disappointed to read your recent review of the stay at our hotel and apologize on behalf of our staff. We will take your comments and review them with our team to ensure we fix what is wrong, so that all guests will receive a much better and improved service. I assure you that we are committed to excellence and look forward to a return visit to show you that we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Tommy
"stay was great, only 1 minor problem"
room was great, nice and clean. only problem was with check in. It was a madhouse and 2 of the staff were arguing about "taking rooms" from each other in front of customers. They didn't have the room I booked, so the staff member "upgraded" my room. I got a larger bed, but a handicap bathroom.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
SKK
"Convent location"
We arrived on time but the rooms were not ready. They asked us to return "later". When we returned 1.5 hrs. later only one of the two rooms were ready. They did not offer a comp of any sort for the delay. They said they were super busy, which they were, however, check in was at 3:00 and at this time it was close to 5:00. When the room was ready, one of the other service desk employees took the room from the lady that was helping me. She was so upset and he stated oh well!. So again, very disorganized when checking in but eventually we did get both rooms and after that we had a fantastic experience.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Peggy
"Long wait, small room, not what I ordered"
My reservations were made through hotels.com 3 months before my scheduled arrival. I arrived at 4:00pm, after calling twice to confirm that I would be able to check in at 3pm. I had 3 in my party and ordered 2 queens. I arrived to no available room and was told there were no queens left. The man behind me was friends with someone there, had no reservation, requested 2 queens and got it right away. I had a wedding rehearsal at 5:30 across the street to get to. They called me into my room at 5:15, 1 hour and 15 minutes after I arrived and 2 hrs and 15 minutes after check in time is "available." On my way up, I was show around the corner to the elevators where a closet door was open and a horrid smell was omitting from the "toilet room." When I got into my room, the trashcans were not emptied, the toilet was dirty and IT WAS A 1 QUEEN ROOM. For 3 people?? It was also a corner room so there was not even 2 feet empty ground for a pull in bed. Absolutely ridiculous, DO NOT RECOMMEND. WILL NOT BE BACK.
Response by Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner - McLean
Dear “A traveler”; I was disappointed to read your review regarding your most recent experience at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for what you went through and will use your comments to improve. Our front desk staff does try to accommodate all guest reservation requests, but sometimes are unable to do so. Our executive housekeeper will also review your comments with her team and work on ensuring rooms are 100% ready for guest arrivals. Again, our apologies and hopefully you will give us another chance to show you that we can do it right. Sincerely, Sean A. Nunan Assistant General Manager
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Very clean place"
The room and facilities were immaculate. Restaurant food was very good also.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014