All hotels in Newark, Delaware, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1201 Christiana Rd, Newark, DE, 19713, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

I was pleasantly surprised at the Holiday Inn. The beds were super comfortable. The room was very clean and the room was cleaned nicely the next day as well. I traveled with my two small children who loved the indoor pool
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
R C, Thank you for being our guest. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms. We hope to see you again.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
R C
"Nice Hotel very clean, will stay again!"
nice hotel, love to be back again! we travel to DC for stop be DE, the room is very nice and roomy. my kids enjoyed swimming pool as well.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
nice hotel
"Very Good!"
Holiday was really good. The room was perfect and NeNa's he kids loved the pool. The gentleman that helped us at the front desk was extremely nice and courteous. The location could not have been better. Only issue my husband complained about all weekend were runny eggs at breakfast. But we really enjoyed our stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Jeysy, Thank you for being our recent guest. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the kids enjoyed the pool. Please come back soon.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
Jeysy
"Close to where we had to go"
Were very pleased with the cleanliness and quality of service. Would tell other people about this express.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Terry, Thank you for choosing our hotel recently. We are glad to hear you would spread the word about our hotel.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Terry
"was a pleasure."
Jim was very helpful, made sure I had everything I needed.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hi Jessie, So happy you decided to stay with us and glad to hear Jim took such good care of you. Please come back soon.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
"Comfortable Stay"
Favorite hotel in town. Close to all area attractions. Perfect location. Very comfortable rooms. Staff was a great help.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for naming us your Favorite Hotel in Town. We look forward to seeing you next time!
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Breakfast"
The breakfast blew me away, with the choices, freshness, and friendly staff. I frequent Delaware and I'm looking forward to returning.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for being our recent guest here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark. We are so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and our breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Big Chris
"Nice hotel, would stay there again"
My daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while looking at the University of Delaware. It was close enough to the school and we enjoyed the nearby Christiana Mall and all the restaurant opportunities. The staff was pleasant and the room clean except for some minor splatterings on the back of the bathroom door. The breakfast room was spacious with high ceilings and the food decent. Although my experience was very positive, I was disappointed that I was unable to use my AAA discount as I was told by the Expedia representative with whom I made the reservation. I was told to present the AAA card at check in, however the hotel staff could not adjust my bill since it was done through Expedia. I called Expedia in the morning and was told not all hotels are able to make changes and they agreed to give me a coupon for $25 off my next booking with them.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark would like to thank you for your choosing our hotel recently. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get in some shopping. Best of luck on the college search. U of DE is a great school. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Excellent condition"
Great hotel and great breakfast!! Will always stay here when visiting relatives.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
David, Thank you for recently selecting our Holiday Inn Express & Suites property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed a great breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
"close to U of Delaware"
Clean comfortable rooms
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Mom from NY, Thanks for staying with us recently and thank you for commenting about us on the Expedia site. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Mom
"Clean Hotel"
The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We missed the turn into the hotel parking the first go around and ended up on the interstate so they could use a sign preventing others from doing this. They had a wonderful breakfast with plenty of healthy options, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit and delicious coffee. It's off of a busy road and the restaurants are a few miles away. We did try a Lebanese diner right across the street next to a gas station and it was surprisingly good. The best felafel. It was a 10 minute drive to the University of Delaware which is why we were in town. So, for the money and the condition of the hotel I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Zetti, Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your comments. We hope you select us again the next time you are in town.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Zetti
unable to control temperature-too warm
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Darryl, Thank you for being our guest. So sorry to hear you had issues adjusting the temperature in your room. We hope the issue will not keep you from coming back and giving us a second try.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Darryl
Lovely hotel. Clean and nicely decorated. Loved the complementary breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Mike & Caryn, Thank you for enjoying our hotel. Please come back for Breakfast again soon.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Mike & Caryn
"Awesome hotel!"
Great hotel. Convenient, clean. Super breakfast, great indoor pool. We would stay here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Will, Thanks for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and pool. Please come back soon.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Will
staff very helpful:)
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Very Nice"
This hotel is convenient to the college area and the highway. It's modern, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast area was immaculate and a wide variety of food choices Highly recommend it.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Jeff, Thanks for your comments and for being our recent guest. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Everything was great
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Melanie, So glad to hear everything was great! Thanks for staying with us.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
melanie
Generally, I enjoy my stay in this hotel. Only one thing bothered me is the noise from the street. My room was close to the highway and the local street.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
We thank you recently being our guest. We have noted your comments and hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
"Convenient location"
The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean. But I was very disappointed that there was no bathtub. The price was good, but there could have been a few more amenities.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Leslie, Thank you for your comments and for staying with us recently. Our apologies about the tub. Our hotel offers tubs in our 2 Queen Bedded Rooms, our Kings have the stand up showers. Hopefully, next time you are in town we can get you a room with a tub.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Leslie
"Wonderful Stay"
My husband and I were in Wilmington for a reunion and stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was fairly new and in excellent condition. Very convenient to I95. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for staying with us recently. Glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. I hope you also enjoyed the reunion. Will we see you again next year? We hope so!
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Jimmie was very helpful for directions to a nice Restaurant.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Dick, Thank you for choosing our hotel recently. It is great to hear that our staff member Jimmie as on top of his game. Thanks much.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
dick
"Homecoming weekend"
IWasImpressedWithTheServiceAtThisHotel. TheyWereVeryAccommodating. ItWasALittleTooFarFromTheStadiumForMyLiking, ButTheySetMeUpWithAColorfulTaxiDriverForTheWeekend.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
kris, Thank you for your comments. We are glad you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
kris
Great hotel for a quick visit - room was comfortable and clean and all room seemed easily accessible (no long winding hallways) Didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently. We are glad to hear you consider us a Great hotel. Thank you again and please come back. Next time try out the pool and hot tub.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice hotel near 95"
Very clean new hotel. Staff were nice and what was expected at a holiday inn property.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for selecting our hotel recently. We certainly appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Among the top tier hotels in UDel area"
When visiting the University of Delaware, there are basically two tiers of hotels you can stay at. One is the basic place to get a good night's sleep. The other is that plus much more. This hotel is in great condition and convenient to both UDel and shopping malls.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent Newark stay. We are very excited to hear you put us among the top tier hotels in the UDel area. We hope to now be your top Newark hotel choice and to see you again soon.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Another Great Experience at this Hotel!"
This was my second visit to this hotel and it impressed me just as much as it did the first time! Jimmy at the front desk was extremely personable, he checked us in quick and efficiently and was a wealth of knowledge about the area. What a nice start to a wonderful stay! The room once again was spotless and the room was extremely comfortable. I look forward to our next stay at this hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Tracy, Thank you being a repeat guest. We aim to please and impress, so we are very happy to hear from you. We hope to see you many, many more times.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Tracy
Very nice hotel. Close to many stores and places to eat. Friendly staff clean rooms and bathrooms. Good breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Ms. Harris, It was wonderful to read your comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Tanakia Harris
"Great experience"
Had a great experience. Quick check in and the breakfast was great!!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Alla, We are glad you have a great experience with us. Thank you for allowing us to serve you. We hope you stop by again soon and enjoy another great breakfast.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2013
Alla
"Pleasantly Surprised!"
Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. I truly expected a more mediocre experience from Holiday Inn. Changed my mind!
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
TJF
"Very pleased for a business trip"
Overall very pleased. I was surprised when i walked in the lobby, very nice, clean and seems updated. Room was clean, no smell at all, and everything I expected, totally satisfied there. Was a little annoyed that I had to press the buttons on the remote 4 times to change a channel, but quirks happen I guess. The hotel is in what seems more industrial / commercial setting and the area is a little "rough". I wouldn't expect to walk to anything (restaurants etc) . Its really close in driving distance to anything you would want though so it really doesn't matter. Was a little high at the 140 price point that i paid, I would expect to pay less with these things in mind. If I get it less next time I'll definitely stay here again as I have no complaints about my stay, but if its still that high next time I'm in the area I mind as well stay at a 4+ hotel
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2013
Nick
"No Complaints . . . will totally stay there again"
Really well-kept hotel. This was just an overnight but I imagine this would be a nice hotel to stay at for a longer time.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Sean
"Absolutely Perfect"
Truly enjoyed our stay. The room decor, complimentary breakfast buffet, indoor pool & hot tub, fitness center. The staff is great, landscapers taking care off the grounds...its really nice. Resturants in walking distance, everything you could possibly be looking for is at/in The Holiday Inn Express...can't wait for my next mini vaca. See y'all soon!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2013
LaDelle
"Nice and clean"
Great pool and hearty breakfast. Clean rooms and easy access.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for being our recent guest. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our "great pool" and "hearty breakfast". Please stop by again soon.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Accessible to U of Delaware"
Good breakfast and comfortable room. Clean rooms and friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Gilbert
"University of Delawar"
7 mile away from campus, perfect location by the 95 exit. will come again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Yoram1, Thank you for choosing our Express hotel for your recent campus visit. Best of luck to your loved one and family during this exciting time.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Yoram1
"BEAUTIFUL HOTEL - SO CLEAN!!!!!"
The hotel was phenomenally clean and comfortable. I have never stayed in a cleaner hotel in my whole life. Their free parking and free breakfast were two great points as well! I loved it!!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Tracy, So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely understand that being in a clean hotel is what makes our guests comfortable. Please choose us again on future visits!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Tracy
we arrived for breakfast at 10 a.m. it had closed at 9:30. it would have been nice to stay open a little longer
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
Ken and Gill
"Good hotel"
Very nice and new
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
"Outstanding service"
The staff at the front desk went well above and beyond in clearing up booking errors. This began a most pleasant experience, including clean, comfortable room and a delicious breakfast. Oh yes, and the desk staff had printed direction to local sites.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Grandpa
"Good for a one night stop"
The overall experience was good. The only issue was that the claim of beds being queen sized. They felt like full sized when sleeping.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
Patrick
They did not have our room ready at 315 when we checked in. They had switched our reservation to a king room but when I said I had 2 kids and that wouldn't work for me they said theyt had no other rooms available. When I said I couldn't stay there then they found a room with 2 beds. They said it would take an hour to prepare it + took my cell number to call when ready. At an hour + a half I went to desk + it was ready no call. Pool was disgusting and jacuzzi at pool closed + green. If this is representative of all holiday inn express I will never stay at one again
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Staff could use some help..."
The hotel itself was outstanding! Clean, modern and well kept. My only issue was with the staff. I called about an item that was left in the room and it took 3 days and a request to speak to the Gen. Mgr. before I got results. She was very professional and apologetic. My item was mailed to me right away. I think the front desk staff needs some training in professionalism.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"clean hotel...close to university of delaware"
Rooms clean, friendly service at desk, breakfast area clean and food well stocked
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"We enjoyed our stay..."
We arrived three hours early and our room was ready. Hotel should invest in 24 hour maintenance service for laundry machine since the dryer was broke.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
DreiQue
"Close to my family, food, and shopping"
Everything was excellent as far as the rooms and surroundings. What I really loved was the way I was treated by all staff, from the check-in desk to the cafe staff. I had stayed there previously and knew I would receive very good service.
3 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Madelyn H.
"Very nice hotel"
Breakfast wasn't great, but typical for free breakfast. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
diane
The air conditioner was not working but the staff fixed it. Upon checking out the hotel wanted to charge us for one of the rooms. Someone had apparently gone into the system and had indicated the room had not been paid for.
3 night business trip May 28, 2013
We enjoyed pur stay very much. The breakfast is as good as ypu get in a hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
We stayed overnight for a wedding. It's a great location right off the highway. A few things I would change is the television was glitchy and house keeping came at 9am and 10:30 to ask me if I was checking out but checkout was not until twelve. Other than that everything was good. I would stay again and recommend as well.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Nicole
"Convenient location; Clean, well-run establishment"
Clean, no odors, reasonably comfortable beds (pillows just OK). Continental breakfast was fine, though food of mixed quality... But could find plenty of decent food, didn't run out of anything during serving hours. Friendly & helpful staff. Convenient access to highways.
2 night family trip May 10, 2013