All hotels in Newark, Delaware, United States of America
1201 Christiana Rd, Newark, DE, 19713, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Close to everything"
Very nicely located close to highway and always open Denny's. Clean and reasonably priced hotel.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Konrad
"Love those pillows"
Very easy check in. Very comfortable blankets and pillows (they specify on the pillows for softness and firmness). Complimentary breakfast adds a nice touch from 7a-10a. Would stay again if ever happened to be in the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
So glad to hear you enjoyed the bedding and breakfast. We do hope to see you again if ever you should return to the area.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"good value. awesome free breakfast"
We stayed here during a visit to University of Delaware. The hotel was perfectly located for this, right off I95 and 5 miles straight down Main St from the University. The free breakfast was great: fresh baked muffins, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, a pancake station, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. Fitness center was small but had good equipment. Did not use the pool but it looked nice. People at the desk were very helpful too.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Idgyboo, Thank you so much for enjoying our hotel. We also thank you for your comments and welcome you back whenever you visit the University of Delaware.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Idgyboo
"VERY FRIENDLY SERVICE!"
EVERYONE WAS FRIENDLY, CURTIOUS, AND WILLING TO DO WHATEVER WAS NECESSARY TO MAKE OUR STAY A NICE ONE.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hi AJONES5, Thanks for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please be sure to come see us again.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
AJONES5
The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and roomy. We also enjoyed the breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Possible relocation trip"
Stayed at Newark HI Express 2 nights. First visit to DE to meet realtor for possible relocation from NJ to DE. HI was much better than we expected. Staff was great, breakfast good, room very nice and facility very clean. Well worth the price and would stay there again if we need to back to DE again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Jan, Thanks for choosing and enjoying our Holiday Inn Express Hotel. We wish you the best of luck in your relocation search and hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Jan
"Excellent Stay"
This was a nice place to stay. Our room was clean, the bed very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got there late, and got down to the complementary breakfast with only 15 minutes left, but they were still bringing out fresh food. I could not be more satisfied. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Greg, Thank you for choosing to be our recent guest at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark. We are so glad to hear of your satisfaction. It is what we strive for. Please come back again and enjoy another great stay.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Greg
"Friendly staff makes for a great stay"
The hotel made for a nice stay and the friendly staff was pleasant to be around.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Abbey, So glad you chose our Express Hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks for visiting!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Abbey
When we reached the street where hotel is located we were a little lost, couldn't find the entrance from the main road. We arrived at 11:30 pm on Saturday and there was no parking available, had to park on the other side by another hotel. Smell outside of the hotel was unpleasant. However, it is clean and smelled well inside. Employees were very helpful and check in was quick. Inside pool clean, but small. Breakfast was fresh and appetizing.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Marina
"great place to stay to visit student"
I have stayed here before and have found the location close to shopping, dining and the Univ of Delaware. The hotel is very clean, quiet and just such a pleasant place. The breakfast is very good with lots of variety. The staff is also very friendly. I will be staying here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Regina, We are so glad that you are one of our many repeat guests. It is great to hear that you find our hotel so appealing to your needs and interests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Regina
"All Around Amazing"
This is a great place to stay. Easy location, clean, friendly. Pool was amazing, great for small children. Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable. Was pleasantly surprised when I saw they use yummy Bed & Bath shampoo, conditioner and lotion.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Samuhel, We are honored that you chose our Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Newark, DE as your home away from home. We are glad you found our hotel and amenities appealing. We look forward to you next stay with us.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
Samuhel
"Climate Control Issues"
I would've given a perfect score if not for the issue we had with climate control. The room was chilly, so we wanted to turn on the heat. The AC/Heating unit controls were physically blocked with instructions to use the thermostat on the wall. The thermostat only went up to 75 and could only be set to "Auto" or "Off". Set at the highest temp the unit continued to blow cool air. We called the front desk and had to wait for an employee to come up and look at the unit. Through trial and error, he was eventually able to make warm air blow out of the vent. But, he had to physically open it up and fiddle with it. We found out that it was the hotels policy to limit climate controls in this way. This was an incredible inconvenience and extremely irksome. We paid for a nice relaxing night and this was neither. Totally unacceptable. The hotel staff was great, and the accommodations were very nice. Ultimately, we would stay here again. I would just make sure the climate issue was squared away prior to arrival.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Chilly Willy, We thank you for recently choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites property. We regret that your experience was anything less than perfect. We have forwarded your comments to our management and maintenance staff so hopefully, when you revisit our hotel, the heating and a/c units will not be a problem and you will be able to give us a perfect score.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Chilly Willy
"reasonable value"
Comfortable beds, quiet other than some road noise outside. Basic amenities but no restaurant in or near hotel. adequate free breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Dennis, Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Close to UD and nice facility."
HOt Tub was relaxing.........................................................................................................
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for sharing how relaxing our Hot Tub was. We would be honored to serve you again in the near future.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Marky
"Nice hotel great for overnight"
We stayed for 1 night. The staff was friendly & efficient. The lobby & breakfast area is nice & clean. The breakfast was good. Everything was great except that the room had a bad oder. We're still Not sure what the smell was. The room was really big & clean. Very nice hotel
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
We are honored to have had the opportunity to be at your service during your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Newark DE. Your comments will be shared with all of our team members and they will be proud to know that they all made a positive impact for you during time with us. Thank you, Donielle
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
long islander
Very nice hotel. Very clean. The staff was pleasant. The only thing that I feel could be improved is the breakfast. It should begin at 6am instead of 6:30 during the work week. There were approximately 8 of us waiting for the breakfast to begin. The egg omelets did not taste very good. It didn't taste like real eggs and was rubbery. Scrambled eggs would be better. I would stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your comments. They have been forwarded to our General Manager and will be reviewed carefully. Thanks again.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"A great find!"
Clean, excellent staff, convenient, full breakfast and perfect.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for visiting our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark. We hope you stop by again soon.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised at the Holiday Inn. The beds were super comfortable. The room was very clean and the room was cleaned nicely the next day as well. I traveled with my two small children who loved the indoor pool
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
R C, Thank you for being our guest. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms. We hope to see you again.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
R C
"Nice Hotel very clean, will stay again!"
nice hotel, love to be back again! we travel to DC for stop be DE, the room is very nice and roomy. my kids enjoyed swimming pool as well.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
nice hotel
"Very Good!"
Holiday was really good. The room was perfect and NeNa's he kids loved the pool. The gentleman that helped us at the front desk was extremely nice and courteous. The location could not have been better. Only issue my husband complained about all weekend were runny eggs at breakfast. But we really enjoyed our stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Jeysy, Thank you for being our recent guest. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the kids enjoyed the pool. Please come back soon.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
Jeysy
"Close to where we had to go"
Were very pleased with the cleanliness and quality of service. Would tell other people about this express.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Terry, Thank you for choosing our hotel recently. We are glad to hear you would spread the word about our hotel.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Terry
"was a pleasure."
Jim was very helpful, made sure I had everything I needed.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hi Jessie, So happy you decided to stay with us and glad to hear Jim took such good care of you. Please come back soon.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
"Comfortable Stay"
Favorite hotel in town. Close to all area attractions. Perfect location. Very comfortable rooms. Staff was a great help.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for naming us your Favorite Hotel in Town. We look forward to seeing you next time!
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Breakfast"
The breakfast blew me away, with the choices, freshness, and friendly staff. I frequent Delaware and I'm looking forward to returning.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for being our recent guest here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark. We are so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and our breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Big Chris
"Nice hotel, would stay there again"
My daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while looking at the University of Delaware. It was close enough to the school and we enjoyed the nearby Christiana Mall and all the restaurant opportunities. The staff was pleasant and the room clean except for some minor splatterings on the back of the bathroom door. The breakfast room was spacious with high ceilings and the food decent. Although my experience was very positive, I was disappointed that I was unable to use my AAA discount as I was told by the Expedia representative with whom I made the reservation. I was told to present the AAA card at check in, however the hotel staff could not adjust my bill since it was done through Expedia. I called Expedia in the morning and was told not all hotels are able to make changes and they agreed to give me a coupon for $25 off my next booking with them.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark would like to thank you for your choosing our hotel recently. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get in some shopping. Best of luck on the college search. U of DE is a great school. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Excellent condition"
Great hotel and great breakfast!! Will always stay here when visiting relatives.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
David, Thank you for recently selecting our Holiday Inn Express & Suites property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed a great breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
"close to U of Delaware"
Clean comfortable rooms
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Mom from NY, Thanks for staying with us recently and thank you for commenting about us on the Expedia site. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Mom
"Clean Hotel"
The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We missed the turn into the hotel parking the first go around and ended up on the interstate so they could use a sign preventing others from doing this. They had a wonderful breakfast with plenty of healthy options, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit and delicious coffee. It's off of a busy road and the restaurants are a few miles away. We did try a Lebanese diner right across the street next to a gas station and it was surprisingly good. The best felafel. It was a 10 minute drive to the University of Delaware which is why we were in town. So, for the money and the condition of the hotel I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Zetti, Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your comments. We hope you select us again the next time you are in town.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Zetti
unable to control temperature-too warm
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Darryl, Thank you for being our guest. So sorry to hear you had issues adjusting the temperature in your room. We hope the issue will not keep you from coming back and giving us a second try.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Darryl
Lovely hotel. Clean and nicely decorated. Loved the complementary breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Mike & Caryn, Thank you for enjoying our hotel. Please come back for Breakfast again soon.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Mike & Caryn
"Awesome hotel!"
Great hotel. Convenient, clean. Super breakfast, great indoor pool. We would stay here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Will, Thanks for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and pool. Please come back soon.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Will
staff very helpful:)
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Very Nice"
This hotel is convenient to the college area and the highway. It's modern, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast area was immaculate and a wide variety of food choices Highly recommend it.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Jeff, Thanks for your comments and for being our recent guest. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Everything was great
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Melanie, So glad to hear everything was great! Thanks for staying with us.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
melanie
Generally, I enjoy my stay in this hotel. Only one thing bothered me is the noise from the street. My room was close to the highway and the local street.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
We thank you recently being our guest. We have noted your comments and hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
"Convenient location"
The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean. But I was very disappointed that there was no bathtub. The price was good, but there could have been a few more amenities.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Leslie, Thank you for your comments and for staying with us recently. Our apologies about the tub. Our hotel offers tubs in our 2 Queen Bedded Rooms, our Kings have the stand up showers. Hopefully, next time you are in town we can get you a room with a tub.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Leslie
"Wonderful Stay"
My husband and I were in Wilmington for a reunion and stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was fairly new and in excellent condition. Very convenient to I95. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for staying with us recently. Glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. I hope you also enjoyed the reunion. Will we see you again next year? We hope so!
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Jimmie was very helpful for directions to a nice Restaurant.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Dick, Thank you for choosing our hotel recently. It is great to hear that our staff member Jimmie as on top of his game. Thanks much.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
dick
"Homecoming weekend"
IWasImpressedWithTheServiceAtThisHotel. TheyWereVeryAccommodating. ItWasALittleTooFarFromTheStadiumForMyLiking, ButTheySetMeUpWithAColorfulTaxiDriverForTheWeekend.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
kris, Thank you for your comments. We are glad you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
kris
Great hotel for a quick visit - room was comfortable and clean and all room seemed easily accessible (no long winding hallways) Didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently. We are glad to hear you consider us a Great hotel. Thank you again and please come back. Next time try out the pool and hot tub.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice hotel near 95"
Very clean new hotel. Staff were nice and what was expected at a holiday inn property.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for selecting our hotel recently. We certainly appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Among the top tier hotels in UDel area"
When visiting the University of Delaware, there are basically two tiers of hotels you can stay at. One is the basic place to get a good night's sleep. The other is that plus much more. This hotel is in great condition and convenient to both UDel and shopping malls.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent Newark stay. We are very excited to hear you put us among the top tier hotels in the UDel area. We hope to now be your top Newark hotel choice and to see you again soon.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Another Great Experience at this Hotel!"
This was my second visit to this hotel and it impressed me just as much as it did the first time! Jimmy at the front desk was extremely personable, he checked us in quick and efficiently and was a wealth of knowledge about the area. What a nice start to a wonderful stay! The room once again was spotless and the room was extremely comfortable. I look forward to our next stay at this hotel!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Tracy, Thank you being a repeat guest. We aim to please and impress, so we are very happy to hear from you. We hope to see you many, many more times.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Tracy
Very nice hotel. Close to many stores and places to eat. Friendly staff clean rooms and bathrooms. Good breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Ms. Harris, It was wonderful to read your comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Tanakia Harris
"Great experience"
Had a great experience. Quick check in and the breakfast was great!!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Alla, We are glad you have a great experience with us. Thank you for allowing us to serve you. We hope you stop by again soon and enjoy another great breakfast.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2013
Alla
"Pleasantly Surprised!"
Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. I truly expected a more mediocre experience from Holiday Inn. Changed my mind!
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
TJF
"Very pleased for a business trip"
Overall very pleased. I was surprised when i walked in the lobby, very nice, clean and seems updated. Room was clean, no smell at all, and everything I expected, totally satisfied there. Was a little annoyed that I had to press the buttons on the remote 4 times to change a channel, but quirks happen I guess. The hotel is in what seems more industrial / commercial setting and the area is a little "rough". I wouldn't expect to walk to anything (restaurants etc) . Its really close in driving distance to anything you would want though so it really doesn't matter. Was a little high at the 140 price point that i paid, I would expect to pay less with these things in mind. If I get it less next time I'll definitely stay here again as I have no complaints about my stay, but if its still that high next time I'm in the area I mind as well stay at a 4+ hotel
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2013
Nick
"No Complaints . . . will totally stay there again"
Really well-kept hotel. This was just an overnight but I imagine this would be a nice hotel to stay at for a longer time.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Sean
"Absolutely Perfect"
Truly enjoyed our stay. The room decor, complimentary breakfast buffet, indoor pool & hot tub, fitness center. The staff is great, landscapers taking care off the grounds...its really nice. Resturants in walking distance, everything you could possibly be looking for is at/in The Holiday Inn Express...can't wait for my next mini vaca. See y'all soon!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2013
LaDelle
"Nice and clean"
Great pool and hearty breakfast. Clean rooms and easy access.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Thank you for being our recent guest. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our "great pool" and "hearty breakfast". Please stop by again soon.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013