All hotels in East Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America
363 Roberts Street, East Hartford, CT, 06108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.6
"Poorly maintained"
By far one of the worse hotel experience I have had. Bathroom towel rack broken and unrepaired, iron was rendered unusable but not replaced, shower curtain reeking of uncleasiness, elevators were dirty and smelly, water fountain in the fitness center broken and unusable, and many other small but obvious signs of neglect.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"No breakfast"
When I booked with Expedia , breakfast was included ,but when I checked in I was told I had to buy breakfast at the hotel restaurant .
Other trip May 20, 2014
sue
"Not ready 2 hours after sched checkin time"
Arrived at 5:00 and our rooms were not ready. Due to traffic, we were running a little behind and needed access to the rooms prior to attending a 5:30 function. The desk clerk was not in any hurry...no sence of urgency....to get us into a room. When we returned that night we were short a towel in one room. The towel bar fell off the wall, the counter around the sink was loose and the faucet was also loose. We checked out a day early and stayed at the Hilton with my sister in law. There we had great service and none of the aforementioned problems. We will not recommend or return to that hotel. And since it was our second similar experience with Windham Hotels, they will loose our business as well.
Other trip May 19, 2014
wsh
"Inexpensive, get what you pay for"
Location is very convenient to Raleigh-Durham Airport. Room was fine, beds comfortable. My single complaint was the breakfast: coffee was below par and all of the yogurts were over 2 weeks out of date. Surprised staff did not check these.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"It will do...."
Hotel is in need of remodeling throughout.. Will be nice when its done.. Rooms should be looked at closer prior to renting them..
Other trip May 13, 2014
Cliff
"Run down hotel"
This hotel had chipped paint, frayed carpets, and peeling wallpaper. Front desk staff was nice, but the cleaning staff was extremely rude when around guests. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but it was small and had a funny smell. Satellite TV went out and the electricity flickered several times. I would not stay here again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Sara
"Services Hotel"
In fair condition, I stayed on the 4th floor. Would I stay again here? Yes, Hotel.com had the best rate for me, at the time. 5/2014
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Ed
"Great sleep at a clean, safe location"
Very quiet, well built hotel with plenty of insulation in walls and comfortable mattress, sheets & pillows. This is a class above budget hotels in a decent neighborhood right off the I-84 in E. Hartford. There is a bar/restaurant attached to the place and a popular Mexican cafe across the street. Altogether it's a good deal, except on their website they say breakfast is included, but you are forced to go to the bar next door and order off the menu. This is the only complaint - the breakfast food at the bar is good and not expensive, but it was a surprise one had to pay for what is advertised as free. Wifi was strong and reliable, a big change from many hotels in area. All in all, a good business travel location, but they shouldn't advertise free breakfast.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
sf
"Quiet. Very comfortable."
Seth at the front desk was a very nice gentlemen.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Big disappointment!"
Where do I start? I specifically requested by phone w/hotel a smoking room for my brother. The clerk said, "no problem, all set." When we got there we were told one wasn't available. Rooms were clean but in bad need of repair - broken furniture and no hot water in one room. Bathroom door had been broken into and screwed back together, etc. Restaurant was closed for remodeling and Continental breakfast was pitiful. The worst parts though, was being told by one of the clerks that we were "third party" reservations and that is why we could get 'bumped' out of the requested rooms; then having my brother's diabetic supplies gone missing and mysteriously show up outside his door the next morning after complaining about it! Sorry Ramada - never again!
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Disorganized hotel"
I would not stay in this hotel again. First, they messed up my reservation, did not have the room I reserved. Then, the room didn't have towels in it. The hotel itself is an odd combination of refurbished and run down, as if they randomly updated things and let other things go.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
comfortable,clean and modern room. accommodating staff,
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Good, minus the "continental breakfast""
Great price, friendly staff, but the so called continental breakfast was BAD. All of which was stale.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"Rough Facility - Clean & Comfortable Room"
The hotel was in rough shape....dents in doors, stained carpet, wall paper peeling in some areas. However, the room was VERY clean, the bedding excellent, and my night's sleep great.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
"Just ok, nothing special"
staff was nice and pleasant enough.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Ramada: Nice but Needs Upgrading"
The hotel has the potential to become a great hotel, but the different amenities needs to be upgraded. The pool needs to be fixed and filled with water, the restaurant needs to be running, a game room needs to be added, and the rooms needs to be adequately upgraded. But, I did enjoy my stay.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Doyle
It was a short and comfortable stay. I didn't have any problems with the staff or the hotel amenities. They made the wake up call on time and provided and very nice breakfast. The staff was very nice and hospitable.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Kuby
"In walking distance to Rent. Field at UConn"
We enjoyed our stay overall BUT the wallpaper was pealing, the pool was closed but door open with a room filled with junk. Our boys kept trying to go in there (very dangerous). We asked for replacement towels, it took over an hour. The breakfast was good but the room looked shabby.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Barely Acceptable hotel stay"
When we arrived to check in their was a very large party checking in and they wanted to get reduced rates, didn't have the correct peoples names, etc. It was unpleasant as there was only one attendant and it was past eleven in the evening and we had been driving all day. Also in the adjoining parking lot there was a tailgate party and this made me uncomfortable about the safety of my car and belongings. Also we had to check out early in the morning and the free breakfast didn't start until 7:00am and this was too late for us to wait. So all in all it wasn't the best hotel stay.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Old hotel under construction"
Booked this hotel well in advance only to get there and the lounge and dining facilities were closed! Very disappointed! I was traveling with my daughter who is handicapped, so that made the situation even more unsuitable!
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Still being renovated?"
The hotel was not awful...just a little old and beaten up looking. It looks like they may have had good intentions a few years ago when the renovation started but, then ran out of steam..or money? No refrigerator or microwave. Towel bar fell off bathroom wall when a hand towel was put on it. Breakfast was minimal so, we skipped it. All in all, we wouldn't have minded the conditions if the price hadn't been so steep. We expected more for what we paid.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"It was ok"
The hotel is getting better can be best the location is near to the airport no more than 20 minutes and the weather is perfet
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Good for price paid"
I have stayed in this hotel couple of times. This is a decent place for the price you pay. Some of the hotel staff is extremely rude and qualify for a course in hospitality management. The breakfast is simply disappointing. The rooms and amenities are fine.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Mukesh
"Dirty room, broken elevators, dirty hallways."
There was blood on the bed sheets, mirror and wall. Both elevators were broken and the carpets are a mess. Very dissappointed.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
PS
"Quick stop on way to Boston"
Hotel was rated 3 stars, but it only measured up to 2 stars. Needs work!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Jake
"advertised free internet"
Ramada In on Roberts st in East Hartford CT advertised free Internet but the Internet did not work and there was lousy service all around..I would never go back there
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Loved that it was close by the rentschler field
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Fixer Upper in East Hartford"
First the positives. The staff were courteous, the room was comfortable and clean. Most important for me, it was also convent to Rentschler Field, my destination. Now the rest. Of the two elevators, both were out of service, I was on two, so no problem. The bar/restaurant was closed for repairs, and then there's the pool. While I was checking in at the front desk, the clerk took a call from a potential guest. Apparently the clerk was asked about the Hotel Pool, because he answered, "the pool is closed, no the pool is never opening again."
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Damaged, ongoing state of disrepair"
Water damage, clearly ongoing in bathrooms. Smoke saturated rooms, fridge off kilter and temperature dial busted so couldn't adjust to ensure we would be able to refreeze our ice packs; tub stains, poor repairs around sink, toilet and tub. GROSS. Staff was very pleasant. Great location to highway, gas and great Mexican restaurant "Margaritas".
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Road Trippers
"Stayed overnight... great room"
Can't talk about the service because room was used overnight. Overall the room was very clean, spacious, temperature control, organized. Great experience!
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Room good"
Room good but wish they had a functional food service option - had to leave hotel after long day of driving to find a restaraunt.
1 night trip May 23, 2013
JP
"Needs some TLC"
Elevators went down. Continental breakfast shut down early. Had to request items maid service forgot to give us. No Pool. Restaurant and lounge were not open. Room needs to be painted. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful.
4 night trip May 12, 2013
"About my stay at Ramada East Hartford CT."
It went well but I was disappointed with the toilet flushing every 30 minutes with loud noise which disturbed my sleep.
2 night business trip May 10, 2013
The bathroom wasn't clean & there were stains on the walls
Other trip May 14, 2013
P
"God awful"
Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The place looks run down, out side and in. While laying on my bed watching TV with my daughter, one of the hotel maids just burst right in, without knocking, slaying something about towels. The pillows are these little hard square lumps. And the breakfast? Good god. it was in a dark room with capacity for easily 200+, but there were 3 or 4 small folding tables thrown out haphazardly, without even enough chairs to go with them. the selection was cheap pastries covered in saran wrap, sugary junk cereal, and some english muffins and bagels. there was a waffle iron, but that thing was broken, but still left out, complete with batter. It was miserable, the whole experience. i couldn't get out soon enough.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Jake
"older but with some updates"
The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly. Parts of the hotel are older and in need of updates. The restaurant and pool were closed for major renovations so while it said there would be breakfast, there was not. Location is close to major interstates and my business meeting location.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
"Stay Elsewhere"
I travel about 100 days a year for work. I work for a small, nonprofit, so we usually stay in midlevel hotels. This is one of the worst hotels I've stayed in during my eight years of travel. During the three days here, the hallways were never cleaned and the amount of debris (food, wrappers, etc) just kept piling up. There was a college formal in the lobby ballroom and drinks were spilled all over the place and the floors are sticky. A toilet overflowed in the lobby bathroom and they just put out a sign and waited for the carpet to dry--they didn't even use a wet/dry vac to suck the dirty water out of the carpet. The exercise room was almost hilarious the equipment was so old with only about half of it functioning. The breakfast is not only a terrible food selection but also in a room that looks like it could have been abandoned five years ago. It's bizarre. Obviously an old Holiday Inn, I understand why they unloaded this property. The best way to renovate would be with a few sticks of dynamite.
2 night business trip Apr 20, 2013
Aaron
Room very clean, quiet area will stay at Ramada again
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Luz
hotel needs much work and claening
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Perfect for a quick stay!"
I was there for a quick overnight trip (with many others from all over) to see George Strait at the XCenter. The room was comfortable and clean. The only unpleasantness I experienced was that the hallway reeked of nicotine. Thankfully the room, which was non-smoking, was fine. Very pleasant and helpful staff. We did not try the continental breakfast. If I were to go to another event in Hartford I would stay again in light of above, reasonable rates and free parking.
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
dmc
"Looking for a comfortable stay? Its Here!"
I had to travel for a family funeral and the hotel offered the services I needed, such as computer friendly and comfort. I did sense the smell of the hotel had just had disinfectants sprayed throughout the building. The front desk staff was great! Very helpful with any service I needed. Plus when my flight was delayed they allowed us to have a late check out. The continental breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I would recommend hotel to a friend.
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
Curtis
"Easy Access"
Room was nice/clean new beds furniture rugs and decor . Recently renovated. Good access to highway short cab ride to downtown/XL Center. Nice Mexican Restaurant across street. Hallway too warm and needed vacuuming. Overall good place to stay- would stay again.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
"Good place to stay"
I stayed at this Ramada so I could get to work more easily and conveniently in a blizzard (in the US Northeast). Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and very comfortable. a little bit noisy as I was right off the highway, but that worked for me. The continental breakfast was a disappointment..no one available to help, dark room and not too clean. Could use a staff member to wipe up, sweep away crumbs and refill stations. (But there was a blizzard and cleanup going on, so maybe there usually is someone posted there, just not these days?)
2 night trip Feb 7, 2013
Essential worker
The price of the hotel was good and location convenient. That was the only good thing, hallway smelled of cigarettes. Carpet in the hallway and elevators were dirty. The room was not cleaned properly. One of the mattress needs replacing it was sunken in the middle. The restaurant was closed for renovation which I found out when I checked in.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2012
whyte
"not the best"
The rooms were fair, shower rod practically falling down, elevators were dirty & doors sometimes would not open automaticly. No ice machine on my floor & soda machines in poor condition. On first day room not cleaned. No ammenities brochure. Location was sutible for my needs as it was centerally located to where I needed to be, but I would gladley spend a few more dollars to find a nicer stay.
3 night trip Nov 21, 2012
Fine for one night. Ryan at the desk was extremely friendly, helpful, and patient!
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012
"Below average"
2 stars at most, with 3 being an average hotel
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2012
"Very nice place"
It's a little difficult to find, but as long as you have your mapquest directions, or whatever, you'll do fine. Very close to the city, and convenient. Room clean, enough towels, etc. Breakfast is not frilly, but good all the same. Friendly staff.
Other trip Nov 15, 2012
Carolyn
"Cheap and it shows..."
The room was ok+, but the common areas of the Hotel was appalingly dirty and run down. Elveators the worst I have seen in any Hotel. Breakfast was minimal but sufficient, but the room is was served in was not. Not enough tables, cold, dark and damp. Excercise room was a joke.
5 night business trip Nov 4, 2012
Knut
"Okay Okay"
Not bad!!!!, I booked the hotel before reading any reviews and then when I went through the reviews I thought I have made a mistake; however once I reached the hotel, I thought I was wrong, the hotel is not that bad as people say. I enjoyed my stay.
3 night trip Nov 4, 2012