All hotels in East Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America
363 Roberts Street, East Hartford, CT, 06108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

Service is adequate
"Horrible"
Very horrible
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Maintenance needed"
The toilet leaked when flushed! The hair dryer and the refrigerator didn't work!
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Douglas
"Convenient to Rentschler Stadium"
Stayed here on the weekend that Team USA played Ecuador in a soccer friendly. The hotel was close to the stadium. The staff did an excellent job dealing with the mass of soccer fans in town for the weekend and check in was smooth. Room was spacious and clean. Continental breakfast is basic, but OK. Nice Mexican restaurant across the street as well. All in all, a positive experience.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
A
"Thankfully short"
Went up to CT for a game and decided to make a weekend out of it. Expedia was great with helping us extended our stay from one night to two however in the hotel it did not go so smoothly. Upon check-in we asked that since we had to book the two nights separately did we need to check out and back in or just keep the room for both nights, the manager said no need to do multiple check-ins the reservations were merged. The second night we had gone out for dinner came back and found out we had been locked out of the room. While they resolved the issue the same manager who checked us in and said we did not need to recheck-in denied ever saying that. Also it seems the housekeeping staff does not understand the meaning of their own do not disturb signs as the tried multiple times to enter the room as we slept, thank goodness for the extra locks because even after we stated we didn't need service they still tried to enter. There is also a restaurant name Nolita attached that has a highly unqualified staff working. With less than 20 people in the restaurant the staff of 4 waitrresses were unable to handle themselves losing our order and who knows how many others. One waitress even yelled at us that she had no idea what happened to our order and the manager would talk to us because she wasn't getting in trouble for this one, oh and the manager never showed. Overall I would say avoid this hotel, it's not worth the headache.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
R&B
"Overall stay"
Hi, well are stay was short, we noticed that the room was quite dusty and the tub mat was partically unglued and it was super dirty under neath. The first morning the breakfast was lovely, but as the days passed there was less and less selection and we get up fairly early. We had to go esle where for breakfat. That being said the front desk staff where very helpful on giving us easy directions to get around.
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Margaret
"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"
A very basic, pretty clean room with nothing earth-shattering to complain about. There was an old vomit stain in front of my room's door, but they had clearly done their best to clean it up, and nothing smelled bad. My biggest gripe was that the curtains were hung incorrectly & wouldn't close -- there was a light right outside my window and the thin strip of light that leaked in all night was positioned perfectly to shine across the pillows of the entire king-sized bed -- which was otherwise very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
PassingThrough
"Very good spot"
This was a perfect place to stop, spend the night, recharge and hit the road again the next day. Would definitely do it again.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
G
"Good experience"
The only reason I wouldn't put excellent for room comfort was due to the fact that the heater/air conditioner was so noisy during the night that both my husband and I couldn't get a good nights sleep. It kept waking us up. Otherwise, it was a lovely hotel. Were pleased to find that they had a restaurant in the hotel and it was a fabulous restaurant. Didn't have to leave the hotel to eat dinner. Room was good with king sized bed and bathroom facilities were very decent. Very clean. Would definitely go there again, but would just turn off the heating/air conditioning element. If they fix that, they would have close to an excellent rating.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Sherry
"Xfinity Theatre"
Went and stayed one night for a concert at the Xfinity theatre. The room was clean, checking in was quick and the hotel restaurant and bar was still open and serving food upon returning from the concert at 12:30 am. If we attend another concert I would consider staying here again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Jake
"Dishonest"
I booked this hotel because its close to Rentschler Field and it supposedly had a pool. I have 4 small children who love to swim and having a pool is a requirement: they always want to swim when we stay in a hotel. Before checking in I called the day we were going to check in and asked if the pool was open. They said yes. When I got to the hotel and checked in that night I asked the front desk when the pool would be open in the morning. They said 7 AM. The next morning the kids got on their swim suits and we went down to the pool ... there was no water in it. When we complained to the front desk the person just said "oh sorry it's been closed for a week". So the TWO people I spoke to at the front desk were either completely misinformed or lied just to get us to stay there. The hotel didn't offer to do anything voluntarily. After I called hotels.com they told me they had to speak to the hotel about it and called the hotel. Hotels.com said there wasn't anything they could do about a past reservation (by the way I called them from the hotel so it was actually a current reservation as I hadn't checked out). They said though that they had called the hotel manager and the hotel manager would call me. I confirmed this with the front desk when I left and also left my cell phone with the front desk upon check out. 1 week later and I haven't received a call. Phone in the room didn't work. The restaurant attached to the hotel was very good.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
SD
"Very convienient location on 84."
Hotel is next to highway. Convienient to highway but very noisy on the highway side. Questionable hotel clientel. Next to a great restaurant, Margaritas,mexican.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Not pleasant at all"
I arrived to find out the room I reserved wasnt available. Ordered a king size room, was given two doubles. Then my keys wouldnt work, ended up being that the door was broken and no one left the night desl attendent with the master key. The curtains didnt close so the light poured in at 7am waking me up after 4 hours sleep and the tv didnt work. The next morning i asked to speak to the manager and since it was a Saturday he wasn't available. I left my business card with the number and email on it and asked the front desk to have the manager call me. Its been two days, no call or acknowledement of how unpleasant my stay was. I though thr Ramada in was meant to be better than Super8 or Motel6 but, i would have prefered to stay anywhere but there.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Chris L
My stay was ok. We had asked them to take out our trash and it was never done. We never got clean towels nor our bed was made.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Dirty and unfriendly staff"
The rugs smell, the bedding had cigarette burns on them and mattresses were dirty. Called the front desk about 4PM and was told no one was around. The next morning I saw the house keeper told her the room needed to be cleaned and trash taken out she said ok. When I got back later that evening it wasn't done. And, lets not start with the lazy girl that works the front desk. Never again.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Not luxurious but worth it"
The facility needs an facelift but the rooms are okay.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Disrepair"
Hotel lobby looked nice. Hotel clerk was on phone for 20+ minutes with a customer looking for a partial refund of their stay. Had to sit there waiting for him to get off the phone until we could check in. The card reader on the first room didn't work, so we got a second room. The card reader there didn't work. We got a third room on a different floor, and while the reader worked, the room was not super clean. Toilet had not been flushed. Hair and gunk was in the bottom of the shower. Pillows were throw pillow sized. Refrigerator made a non-stop clicking noise and had to be unplugged to be able to sleep. Room felt humid and was difficult to sleep in.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"SECURITY DEPOSIT?"
Was upset and insulted over the hotel policy of charging $30 for "security deposit". It was to be refunded but " not for a few days" would it hit my CC. Was insulted with such an automatic charge at check-in. Room and people were fine, but i will not stay there again for this reason.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
jOHN
"Friendly staff, decent room"
Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, from the person that greeted me kindly at 1 a.m. to the waitress in the in-hotel restaurant who ensured I got breakfast even though service had technically ended. I'm a bit surprised to see the average rating is 2.5, as I travel a lot and found my room clean and up-to-date and really did find the staff really great.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Hotel needs to be renovated"
It wasn't relaxing, or enjoyable at all. Our initial room had a broken air conditioner, and the phone did not work. The room they switched us to also had a broken air conditioner, a clogged sink, and the window treatments were falling down. The rooms and hallways are in need of renovation. The hotel just appears to be dated. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Richard G
"My worst hotel experience"
This is my third attempt to warn others about my stay at the East Hartford as hotels.com continually determines that they offend their rules of publication perhaps to frustrate me. In summary, my room as well as those of the guests in my party were not cleaned or made up. The bathrooms were flooded. The elevator was not functioning and the halls were filled with the smell of marijuana.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Judy
I previously submitted a review which you determined to be unacceptable for reasons you specified, none of which were present. But despite your attempt to close out any negative and honest review I will persist until it is heard by others. The rooms were not cleaned, the elevator was not working, the smell of marijuana in the hallways, the hotel staff had no control over the guests that spilled into the lobby, front of the hotel, hallways of the hotel and to add to it all the rude behavior of the front desk staff when we asked for room cleaning indicating that it was not the practice of the hotel to clean rooms after the first night's stay! Hotels.com should be held responsible for promoting and advertising low quality amenity. My family members all stayed at the hotel to attend my son's graduation. The state of affairs negatively affected our celebrations. I request a refund for the 2 rooms I rented and those of my guests as the hotel was aware of the purpose for our staying at the Ramada.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Judy
"Poorly maintained"
By far one of the worse hotel experience I have had. Bathroom towel rack broken and unrepaired, iron was rendered unusable but not replaced, shower curtain reeking of uncleasiness, elevators were dirty and smelly, water fountain in the fitness center broken and unusable, and many other small but obvious signs of neglect.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"No breakfast"
When I booked with Expedia , breakfast was included ,but when I checked in I was told I had to buy breakfast at the hotel restaurant .
Other trip May 20, 2014
sue
"Not ready 2 hours after sched checkin time"
Arrived at 5:00 and our rooms were not ready. Due to traffic, we were running a little behind and needed access to the rooms prior to attending a 5:30 function. The desk clerk was not in any hurry...no sence of urgency....to get us into a room. When we returned that night we were short a towel in one room. The towel bar fell off the wall, the counter around the sink was loose and the faucet was also loose. We checked out a day early and stayed at the Hilton with my sister in law. There we had great service and none of the aforementioned problems. We will not recommend or return to that hotel. And since it was our second similar experience with Windham Hotels, they will loose our business as well.
Other trip May 19, 2014
wsh
"Inexpensive, get what you pay for"
Location is very convenient to Raleigh-Durham Airport. Room was fine, beds comfortable. My single complaint was the breakfast: coffee was below par and all of the yogurts were over 2 weeks out of date. Surprised staff did not check these.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"It will do...."
Hotel is in need of remodeling throughout.. Will be nice when its done.. Rooms should be looked at closer prior to renting them..
Other trip May 13, 2014
Cliff
"Run down hotel"
This hotel had chipped paint, frayed carpets, and peeling wallpaper. Front desk staff was nice, but the cleaning staff was extremely rude when around guests. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but it was small and had a funny smell. Satellite TV went out and the electricity flickered several times. I would not stay here again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Sara
"Services Hotel"
In fair condition, I stayed on the 4th floor. Would I stay again here? Yes, Hotel.com had the best rate for me, at the time. 5/2014
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Ed
"Great sleep at a clean, safe location"
Very quiet, well built hotel with plenty of insulation in walls and comfortable mattress, sheets & pillows. This is a class above budget hotels in a decent neighborhood right off the I-84 in E. Hartford. There is a bar/restaurant attached to the place and a popular Mexican cafe across the street. Altogether it's a good deal, except on their website they say breakfast is included, but you are forced to go to the bar next door and order off the menu. This is the only complaint - the breakfast food at the bar is good and not expensive, but it was a surprise one had to pay for what is advertised as free. Wifi was strong and reliable, a big change from many hotels in area. All in all, a good business travel location, but they shouldn't advertise free breakfast.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
sf
"Quiet. Very comfortable."
Seth at the front desk was a very nice gentlemen.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Big disappointment!"
Where do I start? I specifically requested by phone w/hotel a smoking room for my brother. The clerk said, "no problem, all set." When we got there we were told one wasn't available. Rooms were clean but in bad need of repair - broken furniture and no hot water in one room. Bathroom door had been broken into and screwed back together, etc. Restaurant was closed for remodeling and Continental breakfast was pitiful. The worst parts though, was being told by one of the clerks that we were "third party" reservations and that is why we could get 'bumped' out of the requested rooms; then having my brother's diabetic supplies gone missing and mysteriously show up outside his door the next morning after complaining about it! Sorry Ramada - never again!
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Disorganized hotel"
I would not stay in this hotel again. First, they messed up my reservation, did not have the room I reserved. Then, the room didn't have towels in it. The hotel itself is an odd combination of refurbished and run down, as if they randomly updated things and let other things go.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
comfortable,clean and modern room. accommodating staff,
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Good, minus the "continental breakfast""
Great price, friendly staff, but the so called continental breakfast was BAD. All of which was stale.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"Rough Facility - Clean & Comfortable Room"
The hotel was in rough shape....dents in doors, stained carpet, wall paper peeling in some areas. However, the room was VERY clean, the bedding excellent, and my night's sleep great.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
"Just ok, nothing special"
staff was nice and pleasant enough.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Ramada: Nice but Needs Upgrading"
The hotel has the potential to become a great hotel, but the different amenities needs to be upgraded. The pool needs to be fixed and filled with water, the restaurant needs to be running, a game room needs to be added, and the rooms needs to be adequately upgraded. But, I did enjoy my stay.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Doyle
It was a short and comfortable stay. I didn't have any problems with the staff or the hotel amenities. They made the wake up call on time and provided and very nice breakfast. The staff was very nice and hospitable.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Kuby
"In walking distance to Rent. Field at UConn"
We enjoyed our stay overall BUT the wallpaper was pealing, the pool was closed but door open with a room filled with junk. Our boys kept trying to go in there (very dangerous). We asked for replacement towels, it took over an hour. The breakfast was good but the room looked shabby.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Barely Acceptable hotel stay"
When we arrived to check in their was a very large party checking in and they wanted to get reduced rates, didn't have the correct peoples names, etc. It was unpleasant as there was only one attendant and it was past eleven in the evening and we had been driving all day. Also in the adjoining parking lot there was a tailgate party and this made me uncomfortable about the safety of my car and belongings. Also we had to check out early in the morning and the free breakfast didn't start until 7:00am and this was too late for us to wait. So all in all it wasn't the best hotel stay.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Old hotel under construction"
Booked this hotel well in advance only to get there and the lounge and dining facilities were closed! Very disappointed! I was traveling with my daughter who is handicapped, so that made the situation even more unsuitable!
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Still being renovated?"
The hotel was not awful...just a little old and beaten up looking. It looks like they may have had good intentions a few years ago when the renovation started but, then ran out of steam..or money? No refrigerator or microwave. Towel bar fell off bathroom wall when a hand towel was put on it. Breakfast was minimal so, we skipped it. All in all, we wouldn't have minded the conditions if the price hadn't been so steep. We expected more for what we paid.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"It was ok"
The hotel is getting better can be best the location is near to the airport no more than 20 minutes and the weather is perfet
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Good for price paid"
I have stayed in this hotel couple of times. This is a decent place for the price you pay. Some of the hotel staff is extremely rude and qualify for a course in hospitality management. The breakfast is simply disappointing. The rooms and amenities are fine.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Mukesh
"Dirty room, broken elevators, dirty hallways."
There was blood on the bed sheets, mirror and wall. Both elevators were broken and the carpets are a mess. Very dissappointed.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
PS
"Quick stop on way to Boston"
Hotel was rated 3 stars, but it only measured up to 2 stars. Needs work!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Jake
"advertised free internet"
Ramada In on Roberts st in East Hartford CT advertised free Internet but the Internet did not work and there was lousy service all around..I would never go back there
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Loved that it was close by the rentschler field
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Fixer Upper in East Hartford"
First the positives. The staff were courteous, the room was comfortable and clean. Most important for me, it was also convent to Rentschler Field, my destination. Now the rest. Of the two elevators, both were out of service, I was on two, so no problem. The bar/restaurant was closed for repairs, and then there's the pool. While I was checking in at the front desk, the clerk took a call from a potential guest. Apparently the clerk was asked about the Hotel Pool, because he answered, "the pool is closed, no the pool is never opening again."
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Damaged, ongoing state of disrepair"
Water damage, clearly ongoing in bathrooms. Smoke saturated rooms, fridge off kilter and temperature dial busted so couldn't adjust to ensure we would be able to refreeze our ice packs; tub stains, poor repairs around sink, toilet and tub. GROSS. Staff was very pleasant. Great location to highway, gas and great Mexican restaurant "Margaritas".
Other trip Jul 2, 2013