All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
282 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA, 95113, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"Weekend getaway"
Lots of noise from the street.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Huge roomy upscale room with huge King bed."
Huge room with sectional couch and coffee table, complete with huge King bed and a wonderful feel. Room was upscale and looked beautiful, hotel was clean and very nice for either business or pleasure traveling. Nice bar area, happy hour from 4-6 I believe. Had everything we needed and enjoyed our stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"First concert for nieces a smashing success!"
Greeted when we entered. The staff (especially Curtis, Mike (GM) and Joe (Corporate) made my nieces feel like VIPs! The hotel is perfectly located close to the theaters and the Tech museum. Would definitely refer friends and family.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Patti
"Nice. But Too Expensive."
Clean, comfortable beds, nice TV, nice staff. Nothing fancy but definitely nice. I do not think it is worth $350 a night though.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Jordan
"Nice Hotel, Stay Away from Light Rail Side"
Nice place overall and would stay again. However, there was an issue where the room we had was facing the Light Rail and it would wake you up at times. Otherwise a fine restaurant.
3 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
Mykel
"Only issue was a lack of bathroom counter space"
Hardly any counter space in the bathroom, luckily we had an accessible room so could use the shower seat. Great breakfast. Slow elevators and one was out of service. Good location for the Jazz Fest in San Jose, all else was very nice.
3 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Margaret
"Great location for an event in downtown SJ"
The front desk staff were extremely helpful & friendly, plud willing to go above & beyond customer service. I felt so welcomed staying at this location. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms clean, & showerheads versatile. Nice decor, free wifi, delicious breakfast & refreshing water in the lobby for a hot day out. My only qualm is the overuse of air freshener in the lobby (for those with asthma).
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Needs repairs"
This hotel is in desperate need of updating. The average wait time for the elevators was 10 minutes and a line formed in the lobby because they were so slow. There was no help from the hotel and people were not happy.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Very nice hotel. Large room, comfortable bed, and nice shower. Definitely plan to stay here again next time I am in town.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2015
Adam
"Not what I expected"
My wife and I have stayed at Hyatt Hotels before, I made the mistake of not seeing this was a Hyatt Place. Definitely not what I expected, especially for the price. The Hilton across the street was much nicer and way cheaper, but knowing what I have of Hyatt we decided to stay here instead. The hotel is not in the best shape, and the parking kinda sucks for $24 a night. The bar is not a real bar as I expected it, but again it's my fault for not looking ahead of time at the reviews. The only reason I would give this hotel a 3 is because the room was big, which was great, and the hotel staff was excellent. If it wasn't for the room and staff I wouldn't even have given a 3. For the amount of money I paid I would have expected a valet, nice bar, and room service. Lesson learned, if the price had been way cheaper than I could say it was worth it, but for $189 a night, plus $24 a night for parking, this is not a $200+ hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Alejandro
"BIG DISAPPOINTMENT !"
4.5 Starz ? Who is giving this rating? Must be a "rating service" ! Worn out hotel. Cheap room, no bathroom door, stand up shower with the whole bathroom getting flooded in the shower. Need to put towels all over the floor. or you may fall!!!! Cheap shampoo and conditioner! Poor service in "free " breakfast . To top all my disappointment off they charged me $23 for parking! Not disclosed by Hotel.com. Never going back to Hyatt ! Hotel.com , we are not happy! If it wasn't so late and not so tired we would have left !
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Listen to the streetcars!"
We used to stay in this property when it was a Crowne Plaza and returned this trip under Hyatt management. The rooms are much nicer now--comfortable and well-furnished. We had forgotten how disturbing the continuous streetcar noise outside our windows could be. Hyatt provides no room service, a major shortcoming in a hotel in this price category. The breakfast room was a zoo during peak breakfast time (8 am hour). Between the noise and lack of room service, we won't be back.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Melvile R V
We check in late and left eatly the following morning so there isn't much to tell. It was adequate and located in a good area.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Madeline
"Great location but needs work."
This hotel is in a great area. The facility needs work. Only one out of three elevators were working and the lobby restrooms were closed and being renovated. Although we saw plenty staff cleaning and supervising cleaning the place wasn't very clean.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Martin
"Weekend stay"
It it werent because of the fact that the elevators were out of wack, it would have been a great stay. There were only two elevators serving the whole building. We got placed in a room next to the stairwell so when on Saturday when the second elevator stopped working, people started using the stairs. They kept slamming the door early monday morning for breakfast. Guest had no consideration for guests staying in rooms next go stairs and congregated and were loud early on when we had a do not disturbed thing hung on the door. The dog was even barking. I woke up earlier than I had scheduled. It was a pain. Aside from that, the room was clean and the housekeeper was very helpful and attentive.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Alma
"Disappointed with this Hyatt Place"
I try and choose a Hyatt Place when possible, as they never disappoint. This hotel was old, only 1 out of 3 elevators work (apparently has been this was for months) which made for 5 to 15 minute waits... I was on the 5th floor and the tub did not drain properly. Overall I would not book this hotel again. It is not the normal Hyatt Place property
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Teri
"Place ok, price high, reservation glitch"
All was fine, except for the front desk not finding our Hotel.com reservation for 45 minutes, until one guy found out our reservation had been transfered to the next day. The actual reservation was on the right date, but some glitch made it slip. Overall correct place, though I think the price was high. I would have given a better rating, had the price reflected the actual value of the place.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Mathieu
"Getting kind of worn out."
I have stayed in other Hyatt Place locations and they seemed much cleaner and in better condition. For example, no street people in the lobby restroom, room was clean but kind of worn. Very slow elevator service. Just felt a little worn compared to other Hyatt locations. Staff was very friendly & helpful.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Highly recommend"
The staff is wonderful. Food at the one restaurant they have is very good. Centrally located to restaurants, coffee houses museums, public transportation. There's no swimming pool,however, Kids and I loved staying here. Would definitely come back again.
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Christine
"Very happy with Hyatt Place San Jose"
Very happy with Hyatt Place San Jose
4 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
YOUYU
"Downtown Comfort"
Great breakfast, comfortable room, friendly staff. Wish there was an airport shuttle and that the maids didn't come in at 9:30am without knocking.
4 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
Holly
Very friendly staff. Great service and willingness to help. We really appreciated that. The room was smaller than indicated on the website -- the sitting area is narrower than a twin bed space. But overall, very good.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Adequate and cheap, not plush. Bring earplugs."
Came in for fencing tournament at Convention Center across the street. Extremely convenient to that. This hotel (and several others nearby) are right under the airport flight path, so it is quite noisy. Breakfast was free but not very good. Hotel does not have a real restaurant, but there are many good choices nearby. Water undrinkable, cannot rinse off soap when showering, but this is probably a common issue due to the drought.
4 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Cozy"
The rooms are very small but cute & cozy, me & my friends enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
free breakfast is a plus but we usually end up waiting for more food , we came down at 0645 and the trays were empty. close to the convention center which makes it an ideal place for business conferences. there is self parking for $24/day, the exit gate always malfunctions.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
FIDELIS
"Good stay for conference need some update"
Great staff, good service ; no shuttle from and to airport ;2 out 3 elevators were not working, air conditioner is in the room, super noisy and not cooling fast.
4 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"SO-SO"
This hotel is not worth the money we pay. The WiFi always had a problem and its slow. The night I checked in WiFi wasnt connecting and I had to be on call with their tech team at 1AM, I would have let it go, but these issues are not upto the standard of a 3 or 4 star Hotel. Please find a better place to live if you can pay $300 for night in Downtown. Haytt is definitely not worth it.
3 night business trip May 29, 2015
Rahul
"perfect getaway"
great bed, room was nice and large perfect location -- close to many downtown restaurants and venues breakfast was nice
3 night trip May 28, 2015
Deborah
"Second Time not so charming"
This was our second stay there. I did forget how noisy it was, especially considering the type of conference across the street. Did not get much sleep, but the hotel staff was very accommodating to my requests. I would stay there again, however, I would first research area activities before booking. Elevators were not working in a timely manner.
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
"disappointing experience"
The hotel was definitely understaffed. The employees were trying to be helpful but were a bit overwhelmed. It took a long time to check in. The free wifi was extremely slow. I got stuck in the parking lot because my access card didn't work. I waited almost ten minutes for someone to help me. He wasn't very remorseful.
2 night trip May 15, 2015
Christian
"Amazing Room, Can't Wait Till Our Nest Stay"
Stayed downtown for a Friday night concert. The room was a 10-15 minute walk to the even and walking distance from a few bars and diners for after the show. Room was amazing. We both wanted to stay one more night.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"The hotel is awesome!"
Loved this hotel. It is right in city center so you can walk to everything. We had some of the best dinners while we stayed there. Try Vino Vino of you stay. The hotel staff was super friendly and the breakfast is great the next morning. The rooms are definitely over sized which is nice. We will definitely stay again.
4 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
"Nice hotel with great location"
I used this hotel while attending a concert at Levi Stadium. Upon check-in the hotel staff was very friendly and informative. They told us about the light rail schedule and that it is an option as transportation to the stadium if we did not want to drive. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the beds were nice. The only reason I gave it a 4 rating is the 24 hour café we used upon our return from the concert at about 1245am. There was only one staff member on duty and he was taking the orders and from what I experienced he was also making the food. It took about an hour to get our order ( due to several people coming back at one time ) and the food was not the best. It was cold and didn't taste so great. Otherwise, we had a good experience at this hotel.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Kelli
"Shower in your own dirty, soapy water!!!!"
I would have given this stay a better rating, had the shower worked properly and the fact that only ONE person was able to shower because the water backed up so much that it took 30 mins. to get it to drain and I had to get back in to rinse. Also, we woke up to breakfast, but the food was cold, and the donuts and pastries were STALE. How terrible to pay so much money and have such a horrible experience. I told the front desk and they gave me a free night of parking. REALLY $24??? That is what your reputation is worth??? I have always stayed at the HYATT but believe me, this is and was so insulting, that I will NOT EVER STAY AGAIN!!!!!!
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Lissa
"Forum"
I was there to attend Landmark's Forum. Very convenient with great free breakfasts.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Theodore
"Incompetent Hotel Front Desk Staff"
On the evening of my visit my luggage arrived on a later flight than I did. I checked with hotel staff several times in the morning and was told my luggage definitely did not arrive. At 11 a.m. I contacted the airline who informed me my luggage was delivered. It wasn't until the airline called the hotel staff to tell them it was delivered that hotel staff located my luggage.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"All good except for Internet & Parking"
The hotel itself was good, clean and service staff were pleasant. My major complaints were Internet was too slow and it kept disconnecting. Parking was $24 per night. It is normal for downtown but I wish I had noticed it before. You could book much better hotel the other side of the airport without this parking fee. $24 per night more could get you much bigger room as well. Over all good hotel if the above doesnt matter to you
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Room and Breakfast!!!!!"
Front desk in person was awesome although when I called I was on hold for over 20 minutes and ended up hanging up. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms were some of the best we have ever stayed in. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely incredible and far more options and quality than we would have ever expected
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"Convenient location. Quiet stay."
Will stay here again. Walking distance to major locations in downtown San Jose. Good breakfast and friendly staff.
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Chris at the front desk was exceptionally friendly, helpful and courteous. Pros: good location, across the street from the Center of the Performing Arts, walking distance to great eatery (II Fornaio, Cream, City Fish), hotel was very clean and tidy, good breakfast buffet, clean and spacious rooms, comfortable bed & pillows, multiple elevators. Cons: no swimming pool, parking is $24 per day, toilet flush is very loud, windows are not double pane cause you could hear the airplane flying overhead
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
It was a nice area and was close to what we needed to see
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice hotel but noisy"
Clean and friendly. Parking is expensive of course. The gym is very minimal. The wifi is free, but is so slow you cant use it. Breakfast was great. In the flightpath with no soundproofing. Flights go out all night long, so sleeping is almost impossible.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Rachel
"San Jose"
Pricey for what I needed but not many choices in San Jose. Clean facility
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
stephen
"Very comfortable and hotel staff was very friendly"
It was a pleasure staying close to everything for our conference.
3 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Tricia
"Had a blast!"
We had a great time at the Hyatt. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the restaurant had good food, the free breakfast was really great! The staff were really friendly, Nick especially helped make our trip great!
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Becci
"Annoyed"
The room was pretty nice as well as the breakfast, but we kept having issues with our room keys. I can't tell you how many times we were locked out! Very annoying!!
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Vanessa
"Room was to small for the amount if money i payed"
Room was tiny parking was horrid and i didnt stay a second night but still had to pay
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"A very happy overnight stay"
We stayed overnight for an early Sunday morning dance competition. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was perhaps the best we've had for a while.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Nice!"
Very clean, nice, and quiet for downtown. Great breakfast!
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Centrally located hotel"
Needed to stay centrally located in San Jose. Hotel is close to freeway so access to San Francisco is convenient. The hotel staff are awesome. They are friendly and make sure you are being taken care of. There is breakfast every morning. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015