All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1617 1st Avenue, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

Great hotel, very clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Unfortunately it was a little bit farther from Gaslamp than we were expecting, and the surrounding neighborhood is not the greatest. If you want to be near Gaslamp, it's probably not the best hotel. If you want a nice hotel, near a freeway entrance, I would recommend it.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Overall Good. $15.00 for basically a Continental Breakfast was not work it at all. If you are going to spend the $15.00 you are better off eating offsite.
3 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Joe Mahfet
"Convenient location"
The hotel has easy access to the I5 and Little Italy (which has lots of cafes and restaurants) but the pool is sandwiched between these busy roads and is therefore not very appealing. The hotel was noisy due to the thin walls but overall not bad value for money.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Would not stay again"
Hotel staff had little knowledge of surrounding area. One gal did print us directions. Valet was well organized and the guys were very efficient and curtious. No mini fridge in the rooms, had to go to a different floor to get ice. Right in the freeway, very noisy. Great location, not far from beaches or downtown
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great view of bay, comfy beds"
When I reserved the only option for 2 beds was a bay view ($10 more) but it was worth it. The beds were very nice and would encourage me to come back soon. Staff was super friendly when we asked for a mini-fridge for the room and when I left my key card in the room.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Great location."
Everything was great for the price range. Pros: good location close to Little Italy and 15 min walk to city center. Service was friendly. Pick up from airport was soon after request. Small but newly remodeled gym. Cons: Pool is small and visible from street. Shuttle to airport runs only once an hour. No quick breakfast options in the area except hotel buffet. Expensive snacks for sale. Wifi slow.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Nightmare"
From my own experienced stay as far as you can from this place. First at all checking in was horrible. The next day for my surprise I checked out and they said with a big smile that everything was paid and thank you for choosing them. Then I received a second charge in my credit card from them. I am telling you, don't stay. You will end paying almost $ 500 for a simple night. Horrible.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Nurse
Small dinghy room that was dark and worn out, major construction in the lobby. I checked out.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good location Close to downtown"
Overall it was average The pool needs to be located differently and needs updating. The hallway smelled and was hot However the room was nice.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
summer vacation
"not a good night sleep"
stayed on a Saturday night. got to the hotel no problem with the staff. got to the room thought I had a queen bed ended up being a full that does not fit 2 people comfortly, There is no refridgerator in the rooms not even a small one like budget motels have. The walls are paper thin you can here everything next door and in the hall way.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Close to everything"
Everyone was extremely nice at the hotel. Room was comfortable and very clean. I would highly recommend the Four Points in downtown San Diego.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Hotel in downtown."
This hotel has easy on easy off highway access. Close to several museums and downtown venues.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Jorge
"Decent hotel. Soft pillows!"
Staff were incredibly courteous! Valet people were awesome, as well as receptionist.
Nataly
"Nice hotel in SD"
Nice hotel, easy to get to and located in a popular part of town
"Great hospitality"
The young lady working Saturday night couldn't have been more helpful. We needed an extra pull out, but they showed they were out. She walk down to make sure one didn't come back. When she arrived back she was very apologetic and offered extra bedding. When they arrived at our room just minutes after we got back to our room they gave us more then we needed.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Adam Rodriguez
Linnen is so bad used that it was hard for me to want to tackle in bed. Noisy room and very poor set up. No parking available other than valet parking Paying $26.00 additional. No Restaurant available. Toilet in poor condition to flush
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Isa
"Unhappy with my stay"
On July 19th, I check in to fourpoint hotel and was assign the room by 1:00PM, I had asked staff members twice about my room TV and could not get any help and finally I ask them to send someone to my room to fix the TV they promised that someone will be there and no one show it up ever, I put that behind me and on Sunday morning at approximately 4:00 AM my room phone rings and when I answer they hung up on me, I try to go to sleep again sure enough 10 minutes later the phone rings again and it was front desk letting me know that my taxi is waiting " I had never order a taxi" at this time I was extremely upset and told the front desk that you have a wrong number, anyway after that I couldnt sleep anymore and I didnt have a good TV to watch so when I was checking out in the morning I was very tired and told the front desk person about my bad experience and their answer was oh..I am so sorry and they didnt make any efford to find out what happen and hope to fix it for the next person or at least if not credit maybe a free night stay at the different time. Very Unhappy
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Geo
"An ok 2 nights in San Diego"
The hotel was adequate for a short stay but nothing special. I liked the free shuttle, free breakfast and free wifi.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
It was close to the train station and shops. We walked everywhere because the distance was a mile or less. The hotel was nice and service was great. Will stay there again.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"Room with a view"
Get the room with a bay view. The room on the freeway side you can hear the freeway all night long! The location is perfect! Right next to little Italy, close to the gas lamp district, biking distance to the ferry to Coronado Island. The only thing I could complain about is the towels. You would think a large chain hotel could afford new towels. We stayed four night and all the towels were so bad I felt like trowing them away for them.
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2014
"Typical 4 points hotel"
Charges for parking were unreasonable. Rooms were clean and well designed. Morning complimentary breakfast was convenient.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Nice hotel. Would go back
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
"Convenient and comfortable"
We stayed one night to be close to San Diego Zoo. The hotel is walkable to Little Italy, which we did to eat dinner as the hotels restaurant was being rennovated. The hotel seems a little dated, but overall was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was a quick drive to the freeway and the zoo the next morning. This hotel only has valet parking available.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Jessica Andersen
"Awesome experience!"
Our stay was very pleasant the room was very "roomy" I didn't have to bump into any furniture to get around since I'm in a wheelchair. The beds are so comfortable and the linen is of top quality. The breakfast was free and very good. The customer service made us feel welcome and everyone was very nice; also the location is perfect. I highly recommend this hotel I give it 5 stars and we will probably stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
Quite a pleasant stay, breakfast is disappointing though.
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Lorna Yu
"Convenient to many things"
A comfy hotel but not extravagant. I wish my wake up call had not been mistakenly done at 4am instead of the 6:30 time I asked for. Room is fairly basic but the bed was wonderfully comfortable. Very close, within walking distance, to many things in the downtown area. Breakfast included was great with good variety and fresh food and a wonderful view of city and a marina. Maybe a little expensive for this quality of hotel but still worth it if you want to be close to downtown and save a few $$.
4 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"Located in Downtown San Diego"
Loved the hotel - It had easy access to I5 which was great for me because I was visiting my husband who is currently on base in Coronado and I5 is the way to get there! The hotel is right in downtown San Diego which was surprisingly clean ( I currently live in Boston). I am going to be moving to San Diego and the hotel happened to be very close to where my husband and I are moving and we were able to go see the place this weekend. Basically, location was more than ideal but also the hotel itself was very nice - clean and updated and the staff was very helpful. I have stayed at other hotels who have seemed to not have enough staff at certain times to deal with the flow of guests but this hotel did not have this problem!
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Sandra
"A little noisy"
My stay was just "okay". The room was a little smaller than expected. I arrived an hour earlier than check-in, so the plus here is that they had my room ready and I was able to check-in. However, they were doing some constrution/remodeling and it was noisy. Lots of banging on the walls until about 6pm. Parking is another thing. You are almost forced to do valet because they do not have self-parking and it's $26 a night. A bit high. Overall my stay was average.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Curlgurl888
"Overpriced"
No self parking only valet cost $26/day. Did not disclosed at the time of booking.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Reginald
"Overall good"
First time I entered this hotel I panic about booking it but the next day I felt like it was a good hotel except that it looks really old and close to the highway it is good to stay in it if u r visiting San Diego. Breakfast is complimentary and valet parking is about 28$
4 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Ali
Check in was quick. very clean room and comfy bed!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Worst hotel I ever stayed at"
Don't waste your money here! The electricity went out in our room four times, we couldn't use the iron and blow dryer at the same time so we had to take turns. When the electricity went out at 1:30 am again there was no maintenance person on site that could fix it - so we had to rely on our cell phones but could not keep them charged so thank goodness I still had some bars left. The phone in the room was electric so it went out also - this was a safety issue - if a fire occurred during the night no one could get in touch with us. The pool was dirty and to get to the pool and fitness room you have to go outside pass the valley parking guys - in your bathing suit this was awkward! When we complained they told us "sorry there's nothing we could do about it." When we asked to speak with the GM he told his staff to tell us he was busy in an important meeting. The hotel did not care!!!!!!
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"Disappointed for price"
At one point the smell of cigarette smoke came blowing thru air conditioner. I hate that, but also have a toddler, so I was concerned. Restaurant was closed for construction so no room service, had to hoof it down the street after a long day's flight. Then, in morning, the hotel's airport shuttle we ordered for 6am sharp was 15 minutes late and the front desk didn't seem to care. The room was lovely otherwise, and I liked the dispensers in the shower for shampoo, conditioner, and body soap.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Gigi
"A Little Disappointed"
We stayed at the Four Points LAX Hotel and it was awesome. So I decided to stay at your San Diego Four Points instead of Embassy Suites cause he enjoyed the service and quality of the hotel. I was disappointed from the time I checked in as if we weren't a good customer. Your front desk people if not mistaken there were (4) of them. I had to wait for few minutes before somebody looked up and asked if I needed help (Rachel). She was pleasant and helpful but the rest of your employees did not make us feel welcome. This will probably be our first and last time we will stay with you. you have excellent bell hop guys that actually should be the ones at the front desk. Thank you !!!!! and I will definetly let people know how we were welcome at your hotel. Thank you bell hop and Rachel
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2014
The staff is friendly. Small room but clean. Free breakfast was ok. Overall it was a good stay
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Win
"Glad there was an airport shuttle"
Fine, but wished the lounge was open. I have no more to add at this time.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
laurie
"Close to Convention Center"
Room was great, only concern was construction that was going on. I'm sure ii'll be nice when completed. Other then the construction it was a good stay for me, close to downtown and to my conference.
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Herman
"It was a nice room."
There was construction going on in the lobby, but the staff was very helpful and my room was comfortable.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Older hotel, somewhat centrally located."
The hotel is older and under renovations. It's located near little Italy, other than numerous very expensive restaurants there's little else there. Having said that, we did enjoy the farmers market on Saturday. The staff is friendly, the hotel is in poor condition. I would give it a two star. Very expensive for what you got.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Bettina
Overall good hotel experience. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I brought my own pillow with me and was dismayed to come in and find it left on the floor by the cleaning staff. No other issues and I would say this is a good hotel. Reasonably close to Balboa Park and Downtown as well.
6 night business trip May 15, 2014
"Nice hotel close to freeway"
The stay was great everyone was friendly and fast with room service. For a short stay it wasn't so bad. The only problem I had was the parking was super expensive being that I'm paying to stay there I think it should be free but I understand its Cali so most place you have to pay to park but $20 a day is a bit much. And there was no jucuzzi. But overall it was convienant to everything and everyone was nice.
Other trip May 19, 2014
samantha
Great stay. Friendly, helpful staff. Location was good because it was close to the historic downtown park and museums, as well as waterfront. We walked to everything. Hotel is undergoing remodeling, which was less than ideal.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Mediocre in every way"
Pool in the parking lot, hotel in the freeway. the worst starwood i have stayed at Nothing horrific, just all below far. location not great, breakfast poor, i'm sure you could do better
Other trip May 19, 2014
Hotel was close to places we want to visit but unfortunately there was construction underway so bar was not open
3 night trip May 11, 2014
"Very bad"
Next to HWay. No resturant, very old and small looking.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"a suggestion"
The parking situation is a joke..... Too small and over parked, not set up for travelers. My truck couldn't fit...any space except handicap. I'm not handicapped.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
kkimbell
Nice hotel. Good location to downtown. Would maybe stay again.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Odd layout, but good rooms"
First time at this hotel. The round, cramped layout made for tough parking and an difficult to get in and out. However, the rooms were recently updated and comfortable. It is located right next to the freeway, so it is a bit loud. The hotel lobby area is under construction, so they had an ad-hoc breakfast room that was nice. Not bad for the price.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"construction ridden, expensive parking"
There are hardly any amenities available under construction There is a $20 fee to park yourself We had a windowless room and some issues with the toilet and lighting (lack of For the price I wish I would have went with the the boutique hotels the city has or any non four points - shearton brand hotel, even if it meant paying more
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
Eddie
"poor&overall very bad"
overall bad & poor 0 rating & itwas not comfort & clean & quality of hotel services very poor we had very bad exprince.but thank you hotel.com
2 night business trip May 2, 2014