All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
1010 Northgate Dr, San Rafael, CA, 94903, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

"Four Points San Rafael"
Was here for a one night stay. The hotel is conveniently located and reasonably priced. Evening manager Kim was a big help at check in and with some special requests. I would stay at the Four Points San Rafael again
Other trip May 27, 2015
Edward
"Nice, clean & comfortable hotel."
Very nice hotel. Very clean! Great Breakfast buffet.
2 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Surprise in Marin"
Perfect hotel close to San Francisco & wineries. The upgrades to the hotel are wonderful. Pool and fire pit area make a great place to unwind with wine and cheese. Staff is friendly and professional. A must stay.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Christian
Was not thrilled with the front desk. They are not equipped to accommodate your initial request if you book them during graduation weekend for Dominican U.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Nice Hotel
3 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
"HORRIBLE Restaurant"
The restaurant was HORRIBLE!!! There was no manager on site to help with issues. Staff was in the back for 20 minutes at a time. They got my daughter's order wrong twice, by the time they got it right we were done eating. The food was horrible.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Lori
"Wonderful!"
The staff is helpful. The room is clean and have whatever you want. There are free wifi and free parking. I stay here twice is comfortable. You can't find another hotel in such conditions in such price near San Francisco.
Other trip May 21, 2015
sesn
"Need to bring hotel into the 21st century"
Clearly recent recent refurbishing was not well finished. Open electrical receptacles in room and hallway. Prior room comment card, with comments, left in room. Broken closet slider door. Renovation was supposed to include noise reducing windows, but they didn't help at all. We were near the freeway and it was loud. Really limited TV selection. They could, at least include the station that carries the Giants. Four ESPN channels was a bit of overkill.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Better than average, with some struggles"
Newly renovated lobby and room, but service is lacking. They failed to clean our room the first night and tried to say we must have left the "Do Not Disturb" sign up, which we did not. Then they said there wasn't anyone to clean our room. After speaking to a manager, someone came and cleaned it. The room air-con unit is a loud swamp cooler. Prepare to open the window at night instead for cool air without the noise. The restaurant was very hit-and-miss. They didn't have half the wines on the wine list. The bartender had never heard of Bulleit Rye (it's pretty popular). Some of the food was outstanding (the bison stew, the fish & chips) and some was very sad (the chicken caesar salad, the macaroni & cheese appetizer). Service was not smooth, though gracious. The restaurant, bar, pool and jacuzzi all close at 10pm (boo). There is not much else to do within walking distance. Maybe with better management this could be a really nice place to stay. As it is, it's a struggle but still better than average.
2 night business trip May 15, 2015
susan
"Excellent value for a 3.5 star hotel"
Recommend you upgrade to deluxe room for small additional fee. Deluxe rooms are newly renovated, as is restaurant/bar. Convenient to Hwy 101, Macy's and Farmer's market across 101. 3 miles north of downtown San Rafael with lots of restaurants, especially Thai. Friendly staff. Nice looking pool area, but didn't use it. Negatives, none.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Ray
"renovating"
I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. They are under renovation. I can hear drilling at 8 am. Went to another floor to get ice as there is no ice dispenser on my floor. They don't have microwave in the room. You need to go down to the restaurant and heat your food yourself. Room is clean. Maybe in a few weeks or months they will be finished with renovations. But at this time , i do not recommend staying there.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Travel05
"Good Price, Great Breakfast!"
Hotel was very affordable for the North Bay area. All the amenities were very nice and rooms were very clean.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Good location for business travelers."
Easy freeway access and close to Civic center. Nice quiet place for work with good parking. Hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. Good restaurant with reasonable prices.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"San Rafael gem"
Great location only 25 mins. To SF.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
cindy
"Nice clean room, clean bedding, friendly staff,"
Room nice and clean. Nice clean Bedding. Ground floor rooms had a nice safe garden area right outside room for smokers. Friendly staff.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"4 stars for 4 pts"
nice hotel in nice area...cheaper than staying in dtwn SF and not that far away.
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Certain things not explained"
They took my credit card, but neglected to tell me about a $25.00 fee for incidentals Some of it was credited back. This did not include charges for movies, room service etc. those were charged separate Movies were $15.00 a $10. Item from rm service came to almost $20. Room was nice rest was over priced
Other trip May 12, 2015
grandma
"Outdated"
Outdated... Room was clean but boring and old looking.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
Mel
"Common place to stay for me."
I stay here often. I've never had a problem in the past. They recently over booked but very professionally sent me over to the Embassy Suites, paying for the cab and room. ALways love staying here. Great mini mall across the street as well.
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Nice place to stay."
My niece and I enjoyed the nicely decorated room and hotel. Convenient location. Restaurant needed more evening menu options.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Very disappointed for a Sheraton"
Wifi worked 1st night, but not the next 2 days. Staff kept saying they'd fix it but didn't. Staff offered to move me to another room, but due to my guy having lots of military stuff, we didn't want to have to move again. Had to go to Starbucks to complete work online. No ice maker on our floor. Very slow elevators, and stairs didn't allow for you to access any other floors except the ground floor. Therefore it was quite time consuming just to get a bucket of ice. Restaurant and bar lacked variety. AC wall units in rooms were old and ran constantly, causing respiratory issues for me. Very hard and uncomfortable beds. Very nice pool and louge chairs though. Wish I could've slept on the lounge chairs instead of the beds. When I checked out and told them my stay was not pleasant, they offered some SBP (??) points, but I didn't want to have to deal with any other hotels that were "SBP" if this was their standard. Very disappointed since so many others had rated this hotel so well. Definitely was not worth what I paid for it.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"outdated"
Room was ok. Upgraded room and had no microwave and mini fridge barely worked. Had a good first day. Second day about 30 high school or college kids checked in and they were so loud and could not even use pool. After about 3 hours my wife and I complained and staff and Expedia would not let us Check out early with cancellation. There went my wife and I nice quiet weekend. Hotel is renovating but is outdated. Would not stay there again. Or recommended. Probably not use Expedia again
Other trip May 5, 2015
ed
"Great Value"
My experience was overall ver good. Besides by the 101 so easy access but not what you look for to spend some vacation. But great if you're on business.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Isa
"Amazing experience!"
My family had an amazing experience...stay here!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Next Time"
I was ill and didn't make the trip....
1 night trip Apr 28, 2015
Hank
"Get a room away from the freeway."
I've stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience. Unfortunately, this stay was not the best. I got in late and was so excited to just go to bed...as soon as I lade my head down, I realized my room was very close to the freeway. All I could hear was the traffic outside. I know I could asked to move and I'm certain they would of accommodated me, but I was to tired.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
jill
"Construction of the lobby & restaurant..."
Wait until July 2015 to book a stay at the Hotel. Lobby and Restaurant are a complete mess.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Not what we expected . . . . disappointed"
The front office was being remodeled and signs were not visible to where the temporary check-in location was located. One of the construction workers pointed out a 8 X 10 sign posted on the front door, which at the time, they had opened and was not visible to incoming hotel guests. Free breakfast was offered for the inconvenience; unfortunately, when we arrived at 9:15 a.m., the next morning, the food was gone. Even coffee was unavailable. The room was adequate; however, the bathroom was extremely tiny. Parking was horrible. There was no place to park our car. It was very inconvenient. We have stayed at many Starwood properties, and this one, is by far, our worst stay in a Starwood property.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
MIRTHA
"More than expected"
Hotel is under construction (4/15) but they comped a wonderful wonderful breakfast/reduced price to compensate. Construction crew was quiet and friendly; didn't bother our stay. Wonderful room; staff was EXCELLENT !
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Bonnie
"Overall great experience."
We had an over all great experience. Place was supper clean. The facade is outdated, but when u walk in, it looks like a small resort. Very clean facilities and extremely friendly staff. The breakfast included was very good. The only problem was the construction going on to update the hotel, but it only interfered with the restaurant so finding a seat for breakfast was sometimes long.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
May
"still in renovation - messy"
hotel still in renovation - very messy - there is no lobby, do not believe the pictures, breakfast area and pool are surrounded by construction, parking is full of construction truck and containers - rooms are renovated but the furniture is still the old same full of dents
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
J
"HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!"
Terrible staff, horrible customer experience. I had stayed there before and had a good experience and this time was the worst experience I've had at a hotel.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
poppy
"Under construction"
The room was great, clean and comfortable.. TV had good options.. What food there was was awful. No room service no mini bar. Front desk not too helpful, they must've been having a hard weekend.. It's under construction so limited access to hotel
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Good stay"
The hotel experience was pleasant in spite of the renovation work going on. During the day it was noisy around the lobby, but since we were out during the day it did not bother us. The location was great with Northgate mall across the street for shopping and restaurants. It is close to freeway entrance to get on 101. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet excellent.
3 night trip with friends Mar 9, 2015
"hotel is under major reconstruction"
The room was clean and ok, the makeshift lobby would do for a while. The ice machine was out of order. The restaurant was different and empty. I had dinner in the small makeshift bar next to the restaurant. the food was not good, my burger was undercooked and the fries tasted a little of frost bite. They only had a few choices of beer to offer and the one I first selected they were out of. The service was suspect as the waiter and bartender were gone most of the time. The guest including myself found ourselves trying to explain the place to new unfortunate guest looking for a decent meal. The room was small but nicely furnished. The remote barely worked, it was really quite frustrating. I was very disappointed.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
""Renovated""
The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Unfortunately, the hotel was undergoing renevations at the time of my visit. I was told that I was being given an "updated" room. This updated room had a horrible smell of paint, as if it were just finished earlier in the day. Yes, I have a cell phone with an alarm, but the lack of an alarm clock was frustrating. Also, there was an iron with NO ironing board. It also lacked a fridge or microwave. I must say that I was disappointed with my stay.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Very quiet hotel with great staff"
I can't understand why the wifi access is filtered. I underatanf it's free but who does the filter benefit. Feels a bit intrusive like being watched.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Still working on it."
Hotel still undergoing construction. When it is done it will be awesome. Great location.
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good but should be discounted during renovation"
Hotels should be 75% on price when doing renovations
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Decent, under renovation"
The hotel is undergoing renovation and its a bit of a mess inside. Our elevator was one of the construction elevator used so very dusty and dirty. My room was one of the newly renovated one I was told by the staff but I was far from impressed. Indeed the floors looked new but the furniture was used and the walls could have used a coat of fresh paint - you would think they would have done that after replacing the floors?... The bed was not the most comfortable but okay if you like firm mattresses. If you like plush, soft mattresses, then you're out of luck. The towels in the bathroom were very rough - exfoliated my skin rather than drying it - and towels is were I like to see lots of fluff and plush personally. On the positive side, the outdoor area by the pool is very nice, and the staff was definitely friendly - all of them were nice and helpful.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Isabelle
This was a great hotel, it was under going renovations so it will be even better soon
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Distance from point reyes station inaccurate"
Air conditioner loud. Shower screamed when water was run. Coffee pot non functioning. View out window was of garbage on the ground from construction. Inaccurate directions given on how to get to room. Beds were comfortable. Overall not much better than a motel 6 except for beddin linens and towels. Small bathroom.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
only ok, under renovation, location a bit difficult
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Consistently good service."
Good value for the money.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Sandra G.
"Didn't meet our expectations"
We were in the area to visit friends and revisit the area where we lived during our first year of marriage. We picked Four Points because it was close to Mill Valley and the Four Points in our hometown is one of the best in town. The hotel was quiet but is in need of updating. The carpet in our room had a couple of places where it was torn and the shades for the windows were starting to rip. The room did not have a small frig and the ice machine down the hall was out of order. Also the hotel does not offer a complimentary continental breakfast which has been standard for all other hotels we have stayed out over the years. We do not plan to stay at the Four Points in the future.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"December Stay"
The front desk was very helpful. The hotel is under renovation and we were told right away. We were asked if we were late night people or early risers and from there she selected a room that would limit our interaction with construction.
3 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Staff put me in a quiet area which I really needed after air travel. Very accommodating. Hot tub was very nice too.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Recent stay"
This was a decent hotel in Marin. Comfortable bed and clean. Some remodeling going on
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
jason
"Great but loud"
Very good! Except the heater was extremely loud (but it worked well!) i would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014