All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
1010 Northgate Dr, San Rafael, CA, 94903, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

"Beautiful hotel"
Delightful. We would recommend this hotel highly.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Nice hotel, awful door"
Great, clean and comfortable, but for heaven's sake, fix the doors! They are impossibly difficult to open and close and they are incredibly loud! So hard to carry a sleeping child into the room when the door is that loud and difficult to open.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"No Issues"
It was a quick stay but I was very comfortable. My room was clean.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
Timothy
I stayed one night for a business meeting. The facility was nice and clean. The staff were friendly and the location was nice and safe. The amenities are nice and the pool and hot tub and fireplace area are clean and nice. The only issue I had was the air conditioner thermostat needed batteries. I didn't know that until my room was very hot during the middle of the night and I tried to turn the air on and it would not work. I notified the desk in the morning and they said they would replace the batteries. They were nice about it however no one came to fix it during the next 3 hours that I was there. I felt they should have fixed it right away and/or offer some type of discount or something for the inconvenience of the hot room. Overall I would recommend this hotel, and I would stay there again most likely. I am sure the batteries thing was just a random thing.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
shalyn
"Overall stay"
The staff was friendly! I didn't have the dinner but the complimentary breakfast and it good!
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Melanie
"Noisy but nice"
The hotel is older but nicely remodeled and clean. The only issue was the very, very noisy air conditioner in the room. It sounds like an ice maker is running all night; opening the window is not an option due to Hwy 101 traffic.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
"Good clean hotel, nice pool, skip the food"
Had a trip up to SR for video shoot and needed 3 days up there. 4 Points was great price, and the room was great - clean, updated, and everything worked. Plenty of AC outlets for charging, and AC worked. Comfortable bed. Downside - breakfast was overpriced at $14 for buffet of runny powdered eggs. Dinner was worse; it took forever to order a caesar salad, cubano sandwich and a beer. Great to stay at, maybe grab a drink at the bar, but for food, look elsewhere
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"For business or pleasure"
Just a one night stop over on a family vacation through the Bay area. Very big, comfortable and well appointed room. Nice pool area (though we didn't have the chance to use it) and complementary computers and printer (which we did use). Very good value for the money. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"needs more staff at night"
Only reason I gave them a 4 on service is because they didn't have enough staff at night to bring something to my room the front desk clerk was left alone
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Lula
"Convenient hotel central to Marin activities"
We have no complaints other than the false advertising of Expedia. They list breakfast as included in the room rental and that is not true so bookers beware. Expedia is unwilling to admit this or compensate for it.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Looks clean, but."
The phone didn't work. There is no vending machine. You have to go to the front desk. Water gushed out from between the tub fixture and the wall. The room was freezing, but we couldn't stop the AC. No hair dryer. Basically no amenities.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"AC not working good enough"
The AC was not working properly and maint said he has no control over temp settings. It is pre set so you do not have control over how your room temp is. It just blows air. It was very nice out side and cooler than the room, so I tried to open the window to cool the room down and the window was caked on with dirt and spider webs, once finally got window open, no screen, so bugs could come in. Not good. If trying to cut back on bills for AC, then at least put screens on window. Others in the elevator were complaining too.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"Awesome"
A great place to spend the night!
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Henry
Very enjoy
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2015
Pool is smaller then pictured, but was nice. Rooms were okay not 3 or 4 star quality. Bed was so uncomfortable, and bathroom was tiny. Air conditioning was noisy and old. Had a great view of parking lot. Probably would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Quick getaway in comfort"
Was there for two nights. The beds were very comfortable. There is an a/c in the room. However there is no way to control it. Despite that, the room was always fresh and comfortable. We had a mini fridge and microwave that were very convenient. All the staff we enumerated was very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2015
Daniela
"No problems"
Everything was fine, no complaints.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"I like this Property."
I've stayed here several times. The room is clean and was well lit from the sun. Comfy and plenty of room. Nice breakfast. Nice dinner. Unfortunately not open for lunch. Shopping and restaurants across the street. Ample parking. I like this property.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Kelsey
"No A/C"
A hot part of the summer and the room A/C was out. When maintenance arrived at 7:00 PM, I was the 9th call of the shift beginning at 3:00. He had to replace the unit, while running through a dozen that had been previously removed, he discovered a new unit that was to be used in a meeting room, and he used it for mine. Even with a new unit, the capacity was inadequate. Not a pleasant room experience.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Mel
"Marin Family Visit"
Restaurant food is good! Hotel staff is friendly!
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Rude staff"
The staff was rude when we checked in and rude when we went to breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Near the city"
Overall, very nice. The location was ideal for us, close to the city, yet out of the major traffic. Crossing the Golden Gate bridge: make sure you "Google how to cross the GG bridge." If you dont, you'll get stuck with a $55 crossing fee south bound. There is no toll both and no way to pay. Make sure you call ahead and pay in advance. What we didn't like about the room was the patio area hours: none.... people were outside being quite loud until 2 am. I spoke with the front desk, and they did apologize, but there was nothing they would do.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Excellent counters. They gave us good information about the local restaurant.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Very small room"
Small room, bit dated. Amenities are nicer. Restaurant was very nice. Our room overlooked the parking lot and dumpster and freeway... the price we paid was much too high.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
W
"Wine tasting"
A little wine tasting tour with friends.
2 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2015
"Too close for comfort"
Hotel staff was friendly; however, hotel did not provide the room as per the reservation and indicated that reservation made through hotels.com or Expedia were not guaranteed as requested. The hotel did not provide double beds and had no rollaway beds available. I was very disappointed with the handling of the matter. The room was just okay; I would not recommend this hotel as a four star hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Reserved 2 Qn beds but got king instead for 3 ppl"
We reserved two queen beds weeks before our stay but they were unavailable by the time we arrived. My teenage son, my husband and I had to sleep on the same bed. Furthermore the staff said there were no roller beds available and the he was not hospitable. He blamed the lack of rooms to booking through Expedia or any website not their own. The room also smelled moldy and was very noisy as it was next to the freeway.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Great place for family
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Zoila
"Poor quality and worst customer service."
My stay could be better. I had a bit of trouble with checking in and the staff was a bit less symphathetic. But to top it all, my beddings had huge stained on Both beds. Made complaints but the manager said he will relay the message to the staff!! I am extremely disappointed with my stay.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Work San Francisco"
Hotel super close to the Highway. Non-stop traffic all day all night. I did wakeup 1-2 times at night because of the sounds of a accelerating sport car or a truck. That's all I can remember that was not so great. Other then that very close to San Francisco few minutes on the other side of the Golden Bridge. All I could find re:quality/price/reputability and closer to my job expenses allowance.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Cynthia
Close and convenient to San Francisco. For the price, we expected a little more.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
mark
"Comfortable"
From the moment I stepped in the door the place made me feel comfortable. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They even called my room to make sure everything was up to my satisfaction. The restaurant in the hotel was also good quality.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Maybe good if you are not in the Dungeon level 0"
At initial glance at the lobby, I was sure our rooms (we had special guests) will also be spectacular. We were asked to go around and park our vehicle at the back of the hotel to have easier access to our room. First of all, the back entrance was level -1, and it did not have any security measure. Door was open and anyone would be able to access the hotel. We took elevator to level 0, and hallway was not so inviting... Deemed lights and humid as if no AC was working. At the room, initial impression was this hotel was renovated but with a very poor job. There was unfinished work on the wall as if something was ripped off and bathroom was so small! The worst was the lousy and loud AC that worked overtime with tremendous noise. Crank that up! I jokingly said to my wife. Maybe upper floors where rich and famous stayed might have had better experience but knowing that they will put those who reserved their rooms through 3rd party websites such as Expedia would continue to be placed at their dungeon floors. If this is what Sheraton standard is all about, I will never recommend it to others.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
honest reviewer
"Disappointing to say the least"
When I arrived I was told that because I had booked through a third party, and the hotel had booked rooms since my booking, the only available room did not have a bed. They could put a roll-away bed in there, but that was all they could offer. After an 8 hour drive and early meetings the next day, that wasn't acceptable. The room they ended up putting me in was a conference room that did have a bed - or half of one. It was a mattress on the floor! And judging from the condition of the mattress, probably one that was older and should be discarded. I have stayed at this property before and was extremely disappointed. Is this normal procedure when booking through hotels.com? When I pay for a hotel room, my expectation is that I will have a clean room and a BED.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"Very nice hotel to visit San Francisco"
It was our first time going to san francisco and I was looking for a hotel in the city... My God! I'm so happy I found this hotel. The hotels in the city were either too expensive or very ugly and since my mom is very picky I decided to stay at this hotel and drive 20- 25 min to San francisco. The rooms were clean, the beds are comfortable, and the price for our stay was much more less than a MOTEL at SF. The drive to the hotel is very pleasing. They have a pool, a bar, and a restaurant. However, the food wasn't that good that's the only downside but other than that I would definitely stay here again. TIP: Based on a recommendation from a reviewer from Expedia I would also suggest to book your stay out of SF because you don't pay for parking and SF gets too crowded. I'm so happy I followed that person's recommendation.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Jacqueline
The hotel was very clean and modern. The pool and hot tub area were nice and the location of the hotel was good. The room was a nice size, but the bed was kind of lumpy and uncomfortable. One problem we had was that the comforter had visible stains on it, so we called down and asked for new bedding. They brought us the bedding and made us change the sheets ourselves, and actually wound up giving us a second stained comforter.
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Rebecca
"close not pricey"
Surgery at UCSF,location great, just 20 mins from hospital. Very clean and quiet. good service and room service was good and not to expensive. great place to stay and majorly less expensive than SF hotels, but very close to the city.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2015
cindy
Enjoyed. Was there about 6 hours.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
JoAnn
"Not a 3 1/2 star"
This hotel is not a 3 1/2 star, barely a 2. The lobby remodel might look nice but the rooms need to be updated. Felt tight not much space to move around. Furniture is beat up etc. TV channels didn't all work, maintenance couldn't fix it, yet they didn't offer for me to switch rooms. Won't stay again when in the area which is quite regularly for business travel. Other hotels in area that are nicer with a 3 start rating.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Tamara
"Weekend with the Grandchildren."
My husband and I stayed here with our Grandchildren for a weekend. There were lots of children at the pool and the Friday night movie was a hit. The hotel is next to the freeway, so easy access. There is a shopping center across the street and the wonderful Marin Farmers Market is across the freeway. I noticed they are updating some of the furnishing. Nice family amenities like refrigerators and microwaves. Lots of parking.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Vicky
Bed was plush and comfy with lots of comfy pillows! Loved that the bathroom had dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and bath wash. Room was big and spacious. Lighting in bathroom could be better, but overall a great experience and easily accessible off the freeway. Would definitely recommend this hotel for any type of trip.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"My stay"
Beds are comfy. Located near great places to eat.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Danielle
"Great location."
Hotel was easily accessible from the freeway and close to shopping, restaurants and theatre. When I return to the area, I will certainly stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Good place out of San Francisco"
Stayed here because the price was cheaper than in San Francisco. The room was good...no complaints except for our air conditioner was not as cold as it should've been. No free breakfast at this place....but did have free WiFi.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
StevenL
"great bed"
great bed. clean room. convieniant
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Someone came knocking at our room claiming to be maintenance and that he was sent to fix something. So we tried to call front desk but our phone was not working. We called their website number but the front desk has no answer to the incident. The shower curtain is not that clean. There is not enough toiletries.The barender does not know "Reisling wine" nor a Moscato wine
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Maria Elizabeth
"Five day business trip..."
This was my second, and most recent, visit to the hotel. Check in was fast and easy. The front desk staff members were extremely polite and accommodating. The remodeling efforts have definitely progressed - Good job!! The hotel was in much better shape than during my last visit.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Pool area was dirty with litter, chairs around pool area need to be updated. Didn't have enough pool towels at the pool. The towels in the rooms were yellowed and old. Beds were supposed to be queens but were not. Parking lot dirty. The hotel staff was letting there kids swim in the pool with the guests. So the pool was even more crowded. Breakfast buffet was terrible.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Staff was great. Facility needs a bit of updating.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Excellent hotel with a friendly staff, comfortable bed and very clean. Excellent overall experience
Other trip Jul 15, 2015