All hotels in Santiago, Chile
Av. Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins 136SantiagoRegion Metropolitana00000Chile, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Santiago

"Heart of Santiago "
04/27/16 I6816EIeduardor
I guess this is one of the best hotel and also well located in the city. Everything is near, the breakfast is awesome so is the pool. Enjoy your stay walking around the city without worry about time and safety. The staff is friendly and always ready to help!
"Beautiful hotel"
04/25/16 Oztraveller1705 Adelaide, Australia
Fortunate to be upgraded to a club room, but despite that this hotel has great restaurant and is quite elegant. Lovely bar. High floors have good views across Santaigo. Fabulous and convenient location to walk to Bellavista or into city centre. Friendly service.
"great location"
04/21/16 848Nic
I stayed here during a 2 week visit to Santiago in Jan. It is located very close to areas with great dinner and social venues, and is very handy to the university if required. Although a little dated inside, it is clean and functional and is well suited to business stays.
"Very good"
04/20/16 Ian T
Generally excellent. Rooms spacious elevators efficient staff helpful and friendly bathroom good but needed some hand holding device for getting I and out of tub. Internet available but a nuisance requiring constant repetition of sign-in Restaurant food good but service ranging from poor to disastrous. On one day we walked out after 30 minutes when no one showed up at the tAble. The next night there was some skeletal service, wrong orders delays to the point of diners getting up to help themselves to silverware napkins etc. This was possibly due to weather related staffing issues. However there was nether explanation nor apology from the management. The manager disappeared into the kitchen never to return. Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, our stay was good
"FFS, another nice IHG hotel ruined by WORTHLESS internet."
04/14/16 BowToTheRobots Beijing, China
If you read my reviews of IHG properties, you'll start to notice a trend - from Anaheim, CA to Heidelberg, Germany, and now Santiago, Chile: THIS CHAIN HAS THE WORST WIFI I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED AS A SEASONED TRAVELER. And I even *paid* for the "premium service!" As a PLATINUM MEMBER of IHG, I get free WIFI at any of their hotels, but I've come to expect essentially useless service so I usually end up paying for the premium. This one has been the worst of the worst. As a business traveler, I rely on a good connection to keep me in touch with the office in LA and to allow me to pull necessary real-time data off my server that I need for the various meetings that put me in these hotels in the first place. IHG get your *** together! This may be my last stay in one of your hotels despite my platinum status. For $239 plus $10 for the primo service, I think I am entitled to more. On a brighter note, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the club lounge has a nice view of the city and the Andes Mountains on a clear day.
"Said I'd be back...."
04/13/16 boeingAde Birmingham, United Kingdom
Back for a 3 night stay after visiting Brasil and before returning to the UK.. Great service, staff, room, views and food in the bar. Great location... This is the place to stay in Santiago...the Metro will get you around or a short walk to Merced and you have museums and bars. Sure i will returning the future.....watch this space
"Crowne Plaza A Detailed Review"
04/09/16 Paul5795 San Francisco, California
My wife and I stayed three nights at the Crowne Plaza Santiago in advance of a cruise. Overall, our stay was very pleasant and we highly recommend the Crowne Plaza. A detailed review follows. We originally booked a standard room for free using IHG rewards points. When we arrived early on a Tuesday morning after an overnight flight from the States, our room was not ready yet. However, the clerk offered to upgrade us for $60 a night to an “executive” room which came with various perks including a larger room, free breakfast, access to the Crown lounge for snacks and drinks in the evening, free drink coupons, additional IHG points, etc. Most importantly the executive room was ready for occupancy immediately. WIth the thought of a shower and some rest beckoning, we decided to take the paid upgrade. The front desk staff was very friendly and proficient in English. The room we got, on the 20th floor, was large, updated, and had very nice views of the city and the snow-capped Andes. The room had a working safe, a minibar, flat screen TV (that we did not use), a desk, three chairs, and a king size bed. The internet worked well for email and basic web surfing. The bed was a bit saggy, but I slept toward the middle of the bed and it was fine. The room was very quiet - there was no street noise to speak of nor any noise from other rooms or the hallway. Cleaning staff came in each day and did a good job. The bathroom was of medium size, done up in tile and marble and very nice. The water pressure and hot water were fine. The hairdryer worked well (my wife says this is important). I left my conversion plug at home, and the front desk staff quickly provided me one on request. And when my key got wet and wouldn’t work, they produced another and gave me a bottle of water gratis for my trouble. In fact, the entire staff was a big plus at the Crowne Plaza. It started with the doorman who was always there to open the front door and greet you, and extended to the restaurant and lounge. We tried the Caruso restaurant for lunch the first day as we did not feel like going out. For a hotel restaurant, I found the food to be good and the prices reasonable. The service was very attentive, and the head waiter (who was taking care of us) spoke excellent English. The lounge access that came with our upgrade was very nice. We ate the complimentary breakfast there each day, which was a small, tasty continental (meat, cheese, bread, fruit, yogurt, and cereal) but that also had fresh eggs cooked to order. And on one evening we took advantage of the lounge’s heavy hor’dourves and complimentary alcoholic drinks. There was enough food there in the lounge that we did not need to buy a meal that evening. And the service in the lounge was, as elsewhere, outstanding. The attendant came by to check our wine glasses, and brought us additional snacks when we looked to be finished with what we had. The location of the Crowne Plaza is also a plus. The hotel is about a 20-minute walk from the Plaza De Armas, the center of downtown Chile, to the West. The hotel was also very close to a subway stop (if you don’t like to walk) and to many shops and restaurants. In fact, we bought inexpensive cheese, bread, and wine from a small grocery (Alpes) just one block to the East of the hotel and had some tasty in-room picnics on two occasions for dinner (before we realized what we could get in the Crowne Plaza lounge!). The Crowne Plaza had a very nice outdoor pool and hot tub spa on the third floor. We used the spa but found the pool to be a bit too cool for us as it was not heated during our stay. Overall, we greatly enjoyed the Crowne Plaza and highly recommend it. Of particular note was the service -- five star in every way.
"Great Experience"
04/05/16 sebsreichel Vancouver, Canada
The service was amazing. Every request we had was taken care of and we were treated ever so nicely. The staff really was on point and amiable. Loved the location and services and had truly confortable sleep. We loved the special are on floor 22 for drinks and snacks at night.
"A Wonderful Hotel"
04/04/16 mike m Manchester, United Kingdom
We checked early at 11.30 am and were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a club room on floor 21 . We had already read a review on TA from someone who did this and loved it , so we agreed to pay the $21 each per day . For this we were given a room on the 21st floor, very spacious , fantastic views of the mountains , great bathroom and on top of all that - access to the private club room on floor 22. That evening we had free drinks and snacks in the club rooms ( I say rooms as there is one room set out like a comfortable lounge and another with a restaurant setting that also has an open air section, both are very pleasant !) . We had dinner in the ground floor restaurant which was excellent. Next day we had breakfast in the club restaurant , cooked and served by our own , very charming chef. It was superb . We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful and most spoke English well. If you do want to eat out there are loads of places nearby and if you a fast food chain fan there are loads of those as well. The area felt very safe and we walked around at late hours without ever felling uncomfortable . You can walk to the Cathedral and the major shopping areas as well as the funicular railway that takes you the large religious monument on top of a hill with fantastic views of the city. We travel a lot around the world and stay in some fantastic hotels and this hotel we both voted easily into our top 10 for comfort , ambiance , views , food , position and staff , as well as room quality. WHEN ! we go to Santiago again we will stay here again without question !
"Solid choice"
04/02/16 Robb H Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
I'm a budget traveler but since I was traveling with other family we decided to splurge and use some points to stay here. I'll be honest, I imagined the rooms would be a little bigger or fancier considering the normal price, but still we were comfortable so I have no real complaint. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, and spoke much better English than I could Spanish, and let us check in at 8am after a red eye flight into Santiago. On departure one even drove us to the bus station saving us from hailing a cab. I'm not sure why but one of our rooms was gifted a lovely fruit plate, which was a nice touch. The location is great, just a few blocks from food and right between two interesting neighborhoods. And I'll never complain about free wifi! There is a pool that was refreshing after a long day of city walking.