All hotels in Oxford, Mississippi, United States of America
1808 Jackson Ave W, Oxford, MS, 38655, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.8
"Oxford stay"
Lots of construction workers in the parking lot drinking till midnight.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but the odor from pipe/cigar smoke was permeated in the room. I woke up with a headache from the overwhelming smell. Service was lacking as well. We went to the hotel vending machine and the machine took our money without dispensing the Coca-Cola product. When we informed the person at the front, they basically said it was not their machine and "that's the chance we took". I would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Wendy
"Pleasant surprise"
We were worried about staying here because of very mixed reviews. To our surprise, our room had been recently renovated with new carpet, bed coverlet, wall pictures, etc. and it was quite clean. Amenities were good--fridge, microwave, desk, desk chair, good A/C, ice machine, vending machines, etc. Good location. Would stay there again. (Check-in clerk was a little slow, as she had not processed her check-out's and had to search for a free room, but she was pleasant.)
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
After a long drive we were unable to use the swimming pool because the manager had hosted a child's birthday party. The lobby, then the pool were full of kids. There were remains of water balloons all over the sidewalk and noise, noise, noise. I love kids but this was not the end of the day I anticipated.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"So-so if you like insects"
I stayed one night for business. While the bed was clean, the furniture, floor and walls had various stains. The biggest issue was the insects. There were dozens of drain flies before I killed about eight of them on the TV (they were attracted to the light). I also had the company of at least one house fly and one mosquito. This is a mediocre place to stay if you aren't too put off by the insect problem. On the plus side, there is a Starbucks just next door. Skip the underwhelming hotel breakfast and head to S-bucks.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
A nice hotel with very modern and clean rooms in a prime location. The staff was wonderful, but in a crunch with a technical problem, the Manager was not willing to go to office and help the staff. I didn't see Management support for this very hard working staff, but our stay was still great overall. Mandy (front desk) was very friendly and accommodating and maintenance person was on-site and immediately fixed a cable problem we had. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Christine
Bugs on ceiling. Rust in tub. Problems with hair dryer.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Tammy
The pool was vey dirty. The breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
JESSICA A
"Probably wouldn't stay here again :("
My first impression: not too favorable. When I called to make sure my room was there, I was told their computers were down but I could call the 1-800 number. It was held, so ok. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was talking on her cell phone. She paced around talking on phone for like 5 minutes. Then she informed me computers were still down. But she gave me keys. So my boys and I went up. Opened the door and a bed was gone and trash laying around the room. Went back down and told clerk, who was on the phone again. She freaked out a little and then realized she gave me a room that was not in service. She then started crying and said she had a migraine. I felt bad for her and gave her some advil. Breakfast was not fabulous but edible. I had to call 3x to ask them when they were going open the pool (reason I chose this place). The pool was dirty and the chairs were cracked and broken. The room itself was okay. Beds were comfortable. Still a little overpriced considering everything.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Kelli
"Pleasantly surprised"
Don't be fooled by the exterior appearance of this location. The rooms are updated and clean. We would choose this location again.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Tracey
"Unfriendly"
Stay wasn't terrible but : Non smoking room smelled like smoke. But what really gets under my skin is that we got there at noon and we were not allowed to check in until 3. The rooms were clean and ready but the person at the front desk would not let us check in. She was very cold and in friendly. We were in town for a basketball camp so we had several people in multiple rooms. We will all be back for the camp next year but we will not stay there.
2 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2015
Shawn
"No complaints"
Recently remodled, which it needed. Clean rooms, bed was comfortable. Hotel is on a major Roadway with doors to rooms outside. Lots of fast food options around. Clean two star hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Howard
"Clean, everything as advertised."
Clean room, Quiet even though it was in the front. Comfortable beds. It worked great for us for one night stay.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice stay in Oxford."
We were in Oxford to visit family. This location was just perfect for what we needed.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Oxford Quality Inn & Suites"
Actually very nice!
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
"visit to oxford"
Comfortable beds
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
"So so"
The staff was slow but it was for only one night and the room was adequate.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
MIchelle
"It was good"
Stayed one night, didn't have breakfast. Shampoo and conditioner provided, TV provided, two queen size beds. Ice machine on the end of the unit had a coke machine.
Other trip May 21, 2015
jenn
"close to Ole Miss campus"
When I first got to the hotel to check in the lady at the front desk was talking on her cell phone and actually shushed me. Then when I got to my room it had not been cleaned yet and bed weren't ready. It was taken care of within a few minutes. The room was nice and we enjoyed the rest of our stay.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Total dump. Pay extra and stay elsewhere. Staff used profanity while discussing personal concerns in front of guest, and we were asked for gas money. The room was older which would have been fine but it wasn't clean. Sheets had tears and cigarette burns in them. The handicapped parking spaces were occupied by non-handicapped. The room which was to be handicapped accessible lacked access to tub and finally the sofa bed had a mattress that was maybe 2 inches thick and covered with stains. I could go on but won't. Stay at your own risk.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
College Tour
"Oxford Stay"
Convenient and issue free stay. Breakfast could be better.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"OK in a pinch"
Conveniently located and comfy beds but definitely overpriced. There was a hole in the bathroom floor and one of the blankets had cigarette burns all over it even though it was a nonsmoking room. No tobacco odors though. This was a real dissapointment for a $ 270 room for two nights with taxes. Breakfast was decent and safe surroundings.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Not a good stay"
First nite no soap or shampoo in rm. Went 2 office & was told they were out. Never had any provided for 3 nite stay. Had 2 buy myself. My towels etc were taken every morning washed & returned in evening. Not necessary. Bed was good Cant recomend.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
TAT
"Pleasantly surprised by their new look"
This hotel had been completely remodeled from when we were here a year ago, so the rooms were nice and new a pretty, and the male night manager when we checked in at 230am was super nice. The room was clean when we checked in, however the maid service wasn't very observant over our 3 night stay. 1st night they made the beds but didn't take out the bathroom trash. 2nd night they didn't leave any clean towels...we had one hand towel & one washcloth and they didn't empty the coffee pot from the morning or leave new. Just worry their beautiful new renovations won't stay nice if the staff doesn't have better attention to detail in taking care of the new rooms. But will definitely stay here again when we visit Oxford!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Penni
"Remodeling going on"
Weekend stay so construction not a problem, staff was great, room was clean. I have stayed at a lot of places that were not close to this as far a the staff and cleanliness. Would recommend to a friend and will be staying again.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
got in late and left early in morning but room and bed very comfortable
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Nothing fancy"
This hotel was undergoing renovation so it was a bit of a mess but we could tell that it would be nice once finished. Our only complaint would be the STRONG smell of pine cleaner in the room. We just stayed 1 night and were only there for sleep and showers. The staff was friendly and polite. We would stay again after the remodeling is complete.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Not a great place"
Many maintenance type items, large crack in plastic shower wall, light in dressing area and entry into room didn't work and outside stairwell had rusted crumbled stairs, which didn't matter because we were downstairs. Staff enjoyed using lobby couches when not serving people behind counter. Had we other choices for the evening, we would have moved and probably paid more money as well. Room seemed clean.
4 night trip Aug 18, 2014
The room wrecked of smoke. There were burns in the comforter. The bathroom had black mold. The Dry wall had water damage both in the room and bathroom. Horrible stay.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Ole Miss Weekend Visit"
The property is undergoing renovations, lobby was dusty and torn up, but rooms have been renovated already. Lobby should be done soon, looked like they were doing double time. The breakfast is a little light, but they did have some hot foods. The breakfast was not as complete as other hotels nearby, however. Room decor is average, as was the new mattress. Pillows were not good quality. But, the room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and the price was reflective of its relative position in the local hotel market.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
we were very pleased with our stay. our room was great.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
kirby bryant
"Shocking Treatment"
1. I had a stain of some sort on my bed sheet. I requested it changed. THE MANAGER stated I needed to come down and get new bed linen for my bed and then make my own bed! Unbelievably bad service. I stated they needed to come and help me make this bed. Finally someone came up with the wrong size (too large) and we made it back up together. Then on the last evening, we were told my the manager's helper to move our car now or they would come and knock on our door to have us remove it when their special guests came at 2 in the morning. She told us we could park in the handicap spot and promised us no one would care. We told her if she wanted to park her own car there she could, but we were not able to do such a thing! But our car, in regular parking spot, had to be moved for their very special guests!!! Never will I ever agree to a Comfort Inn and I will always tell this information to others. I cannot tell you how poorly we were cared about. I will say the maids were exceptionally kind and helpful. I ended up working solely with them because at least I got help.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Rachell
"55th High School Reunion in Water Valley"
It was ok, little pricey.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Larrye"
Nothing fancy, but cheap.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
larrye
"Needs Renovation"
The manager was very nice, but it needs to be cleaned up significantly. We could not stay. They were kind enough to let me out without charge. I'm sorry, but this is a last resort until they poor some money into this place.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Hotel close to amenities"
Hotel room was clean however the stairs to the upper floor are rusted and eroding. When I checked in the hotel staff was friendly but their personal cell phones kept going off. When checking out the attendant asked for my card for payment even though the room was prepaid. All in all the stay was fine. Thank you.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
coastie
"Unprofessional staff"
When we entered the lobby, 1 of the staff (who ended up being the manager on duty) was "lounging" in a chair outside the front desk and was wearing a t-shirt and pajama pants. The other lady behind the desk was also wearing a t-shirt. And they were not Comfort Inn shirts, just regular t-shirts. I refused to take off my shoes in the room because the carpet looked disgusting.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Jenn
"Very mediocre"
The room seemed clean enough, although there was a live bug on the wall between the beds. Many of the outlet covers were missing. The smoke detector was gone. There was an old tv on the floor. The breakfast was ok but the toaster did not work.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
college visitor
"Reasonablely priced hotel for one night"
A little old and hard beds, but if it's for an overnight stay it's al right--breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Trish P
"OK for a night"
Went to check in, no one at desk. Staff sitting in lobby watching TV. Very unprofessional. Too lazy to get up and told me to come back at 3 for check in. At 3, another staff member, sitting watching TV, about gave me a key of an occupied room. Walked by a room that appeared a family was living in with kids, also sitting in lobby at times. Would look elsewhere on the next trip. I will give credit to Housekeeping - did their job well.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
C
"Get what you pay for"
I chose this hotel because 1) there weren't many available rooms in Oxford for the dates I'd be there and 2) the rate seemed good. Overall, the hotel was not bad but there were a few amenities that were disappointing. First, I had trouble getting my door key to work - not a major problem but annoying. Secondly, the bathroom door would not shut completely. Third, some of the lamps didn't work. Fourth, the room was hot when we first got there and had to crank up the A/C for a while before it cooled off. Fifth, there were some other guests grilling on the 2nd floor balcony which seemed like a fire hazard. Lastly, the free breakfast was lacking. So, in summary, if it's just me, I'd be OK staying there again but if my family is with me, I'll look for a better quality hotel.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Absolutely Horrible!!!!"
We we're put in a smoking room. My daughter & I are both asthmatic & it was awful... There were burn holes in the bedspreads, wallpaper peeling off the walls, the linens were dirty, there were roaches... We moved the next morning... Don't make the same mistake... Drive from Batesville or Tupelo if everything else is full... Worst experience ever!!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Mandy
"Event at Ole Miss - close and convenient"
Very comfortable - lighting needs to be a little better to turn in drive
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Roach motel"
This hotel ranks in the top 1 of all hotels I have ever stayed in. Nasty, old and never updated, a dump... They did not even have a working cable tv..Please don't ever send anyone here again.
3 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
David Clark
"Student Orientation"
The room was clean for the most part, just outdated and the chairs were worn and dirty. Breakfast was very basic and not so good. The staff was friendly.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Tracey N
"Very close to campus"
Decent hotel. It meets minimum standards for a cheap price.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS HOTEL."
WHEN I GOT THERE TO CHECK IN, FIRST OF ALL THE THE CLERK WAS NOT AT ALL PRESENTABLE. SHE WAS NOT DRESSED LIKE SHE WAS AT A JOB AND SHE WAS COVERED IN TATTOOS. THE ROOMS WERE VERY STALE SMELLING AND ONE OF THE OUTSIDE DOORS WOULD NOT CLOSE SECURELY. THE SECOND NIGHT THE AC DID NOT WORK IN ONE OF THE ROOMS
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
ALISA
This is not a hotel it is a motel. The room doors open to the outside. There were people hanging around on the walkways smoking and drinking. The room smelled of smoke and it was a non-smoking room. The handle on the door would fall off every time I tried to go out. It was not nice at all and I did not feel at all safe. I left and found another hotel, could not even stay one night.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Well it was good despite the fact that dirty wash rags where left in the shower. That was kind of gross. And the air conditioner didn't cool very well.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Alex
"Don't know why hotel is not better maintained"
We stayed two nights. The hotel was full both nights in the middle of the week. With so few options in Oxford, and the fact that the hotel is clearly booked regularly, why this hotel is in the disrepair it is in is inconceivable. Chairs in room were water-stained (I hope that's what it was). TVs are old and broken. Bedspreads had cigarette burns. We might have to get rooms farther away from Oxford before we book here again to visit our son in college.
Other trip May 26, 2014