All hotels in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
2 Princess St, Kingston, ON, K7L1A2, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Close to EVERYTHING we WANTED"
We have children ,they LOVED the hotel ,pool, food,SERVICE,BEDS !!!!!!. We all had a wonderfull time.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
mo
"Clean and friendly"
The stay was very good with the exception of no hot water in the shower in the morning
Response by Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront
Hello, Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. You feedback has been shared with our maintenance manager to look into and fix. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Sincerely, Andrea C Guest Service Manager
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Close to main places."
My wife and I went to the Bryan Adams concert. The hotel is a 7 minute walk to the K Rock Centre. Outdoor parking is next to the hotel. Also a less than 10 minute walk to many great hotels and bars. We also found the hotel to be quiet. And price is very good.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Les and Maria
"Week-end get away"
Hotel is well situated in the city and within easy walking distance of many great pubs and restaurants. We did have an issue with the hot tub, chlorine levels were way too high! Actually bleached our bathing suits and caused major skin irritation. Hotel did look into it but didn't do much about it.
Response by Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront
Hello Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the hot tub while you were with us and I will be sure to share you feedback with our maintenance manager so he can look into the issue you experienced. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, Sincerely, Andrea C. Guest Service Manager
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Sandra
Lovely staff, great room. Made me feel very comfortable and informed me about places to visit in Kingston
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
ronnie
"Room"
The hotel was nice, great location. Our room had problems with hot water, so I could really take shower. Otherwise, it was good.
Response by Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront
Hello, Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and our maintenance department will be looking into your comments regarding the inconsistent hot water in your room. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Sincerely, Andrea C. Guest Service Manager
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Bathroom was in need of upgrading and repairs. Main room was in good shape. Good full restaurant but a bit expensive. We selected this hotel for its good location. It is close to the KRock Centre and downtown facilities and restaurants.
Response by Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and it will be shared with the team here at the hotel so we can work on improving the hotel for our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Sincerely, Andrea C. Guest Service Manager
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Roger
"Not good on a windy night"
Only problem with the room was the wind whistling in around the heating/cooling unit.
Response by Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront
Hello George from Waterloo, Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I appreciate you comments and will share them with the maintenance staff so they are are aware of the issue you experience and can look into fixing it. Thank you again, Andrea C.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
"Love the location"
the location of the hotel was excellent. When the heat came on the room had a bad smell. The TV kept blacking out so that was very frustrateing. I did mention to the front desk. The reponse I got was "ok". That did not please me at all. That is the most amount of money I have spent on a room in a hotel. So I was disappointed. Also their was I believe a childrens hockey team staying their and the noise through the halls went until at least 300am. Was not impressed.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Diana
"Great kingston base"
Have been here several times over last 30 years... Great location...
"Not the cleanest of rooms: sink was nasty."
Unfortunate that the cleaning staff did not bother to clean the sink. It was disgusting. The staff at the front desk were very courteous and eager to please. We were woken up by "rowdy" university students. As I was on the phone with the front desk explaining my displeasure with the situation, someone did come up to tell them to be quiet. I did not hear from these students again. The room was very comfortable and my top thumbs up goes to the staff. The "yucky" sink was far from acceptable though.
"Just OK"
Other than the screaming, yelling and swearing in the hallways, it was fine. Too many young adults/teenagers.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Noisy, no thanks."
Very noisy. Did not sleep well because of noise coming from the roof. I was also right next to the elevator. Parking is confusing and not included.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Rochelle
"Great location, but..."
Perfect location, excellent service, but be warned, hockey season in Canada means that hotels are full of minor hockey players on the weekends. Large groups of kids can be noisy. Also, the shower can go from scaldingly hot to shrinkingly cold in a fraction of a second. Pressure-balanced valves would be useful.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Poor room for the money"
I stayed here for two nights, paid $227 a night. The room was extremely poor - it was a ground floor handicap-accessible room in not great condition. The lightswitches were all about a foot low, there were hooks everywhere in the ceiling, and the shower had no tub - it was just part of the bathroom floor. The least they could have done was take the big metal and plastic handicap shower seat out of the bathroom. Didn't look anything like the photos on here. On the plus side, the breakfast buffet was pretty good. There was also what must have been a few sports teams there for a tournament, so noise until about 4 in the morning. I stayed at the Delta in Kingston for about the same price .. much better place. Even the Ambassador up princess was better. Overall, not impressed.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Sean
"Too expensive"
Too expensive and breakfast and parking not included. Same or better can be easily found nearby for less.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Bit worn out."
The bathroom sink had a hole in it - covered up with tape!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Left dry and cold in the pool"
We booked the Holiday Inn Waterfront as we had stayed there a few times before. We promised our children a pool and we like to have time in the hot tub while my daughters swim. The pool was cold (not even warm) and the hot tub was empty. I feel there should be some sort of compensation. When I'm paying $200+ a night and the "what" I was paying for was a let down. Needless to say, I am was very disappointed.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Katherine Wootton
"Great location over priced and old."
I think the location for this hotel is excellent for walking downtown Kingston, but the premium they charge for this older hotel is too much. The front desk staff were great, the restaurant has rules and hours that are not customer friendly.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Great hotel in fantastic location"
Just stayed overnight in Kingston and the Holiday Inn was very suitable for our stay. The two young ladies on the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We had a lovely comfortable room overlooking the water and marina and the hotel is in a great position right on the waterfront and close to restaurants etc. I would definitely recommend to others.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Very good location for visitors."
Room facilities are too old and rundown. Need complete upgrade to uplift hotel standard.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Henry Tan
SG
"nice hotel overlooking the harbour (lake/river)"
Within walking distance of shops, Tim Hortons' and Subway !!! Hotel was basically full with a Writer's conference .. so these were great substitutes for a breakfast and/or lunch. Staff great, we were a "late arrival" and no problem at all.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice hotel downtown Kingston"
This hotel is located within walking distance of everything we were interested in seeing while in Kingston. The room was clean and the staff helpful. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"poor"
This was Second visit. First visit was awesome aug. 2013. This visit sept. 2014 very disappointing
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2014
christine urquhart
"Perfect location for downtown"
The hotel was perfectly located for the 1000 Islands boat cruise which docked right next to the hotel. Also a great location for shopping the market and downtown. Really good pillows.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Terrible"
I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Heidi
"Tired hotel in good location"
This hotel is tatty, not very clean and not fit to be part of the Holiday Inn brand. On saying that, the location is faultless and, when complaining, one member of staff did all she could to resolve our problems and gave us free breakfast and car parking as compensation. (She couldn't single headedly replace worn and dirty carpets!). The hotel needs to consider a major refurbishment - but as the hotel was full both nights we were there, I can see why they don't.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Terrible"
I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Heidi
"really outdated hotel"
it was horrible with bugs in my room when i came in about 10:30 pm.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Best place to stay where you get more for your $"
Best place in town where you are so close to the action in this most wonderful exciting city, yet lets you sneak quietly back to an oasis of calm and privacy. Would recommend to all!
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
Martha Maynard
Better run than the Holiday Inn in Niagara Falls that we stayed in the previous night. Nice location on waterfront with restaurant patio where we had breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Beautiful location with view of waterfront"
We were excited to be staying so close to the waterfront in Kingston. However, we were disappointed with how poorly it appeared to be taken care of. The carpets in the hallways were all grubby and in need of a good vacuum and in our room we could not use the bath because the plug did not stay down. THis would have been fine in a hotel that cost under $100 a night, but really unacceptable at the price we were paying.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Anne
"Great waterfront location - but nothing's perfect"
This is a great location - close to lots of very nice, one-of-kind restaurants and pubs with patios, as well as unique shops and local land marks. Good walking access to the waterfront and the ferry. The hotel room was very nice and comfortable except that the bathroom light switch was located about 8-10 ft from the bathroom instead of just inside the bathroom door where you would expect it to be. The light switch controlled not only the light but also the electrical wall outlet in the bathroom - this means when you turn off the ceiling light you have no night light either. The edge of the bathroom door had not been properly cleaned for a long time so that it was actually sticky even after wiping it with a disinfectant cleanser. However, it was good that we were able to change our room upon arrival to get one with a better waterfront view so we could also the little balcony. The restaurant in the hotel was only average- breakfast was much better than dinner, in terms of both food and service.
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
Ian
"Great location."
The restaurant had poor service and the food was not very good. The outdoor pool was great but the indoor pool had a ring of residue.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
anonymous
"TIRED AND DATED"
great location!. Carpets tired and worn, room way over due for a makeover. Hot and cold water temp would not stay constant. No room service or restaurant past 11 PM. Seriously does not live up to HI quality standards.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"room was quiet and bed quite comfortable"
booking thru expedia was not he greatest , I had thought that we had booked a king bed, but reecieved two double beds which is not what we wanted, for the price we could have been staying at the delta, (delta was full) maid service was good, front desk people were just ok, our room looked beat up and could be renovated,
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
C.
"short and sweet"
The waterfront view was a dream. Overall a good experience.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Bisram
"Good Stay...but..."
Overall it was a good stay. Not too many hotels in the Kingston Area have a pool and hot tub AND breakfast included...it was quality Holiday Inn as usual. However, if you're a light sleeper and some repetitive noise keeps you awake then insist on asking for the harbour side of the hotel. There is a draw-bridge nearby with a large grate that vehicles drive over and makes an annoying sound that permeates the room. The sound could be described like a desk screeching across a cement floor. I had a terrible sleep - woke at 4 am and could never sleep again...the rest of the family slept fine, so, judge for yourself if you're a light sleeper.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
guest
Wasn't overly impressed with the room, bathroom was very small. Guests were actually parked in the covered through-way while they checked in completely blocking it. We had to run out in the rain (on our way to a wedding) as our husbands couldn't pull up to the entrance due to parked cars. We arrived at the wedding soaking wet. Perhaps there should be no parking there??
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Great. Hotel,is a little older and showing its age in some areas but over great location and clean.
2 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
"Only hotel on waterfront with balcony"
We booked with Holiday Inn because they are the only waterfront hotel with balconies. We did have a balcony, however there was a large crab apple tree that was over grown, and blocked any view from the balcony. Waterfront and or even parking lot. The mattresses in both double /queen beds should have been replaced years ago. The room was very musty smelling. The facility really should be torn down and rebuilt. The staff we encountered were all very pleasant, but the hotel itself is not. The outdoor pool looked very inviting but there was limited seating so we did not go for an afternoon swim on one of the nicest summer days we have had, as there was no where to sit or place our towels, except on the ground.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Gene
"convienent location"
Enjoyed our stay. Lots to do in the area. Staff was friendly and tried best to accommodate. The bedding linens needed upgrade.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"convenient location"
took the car once to get to the fort. shops and restaurants within walking distance. beds were supper comfortable. the balcony we had was tiny and needed to be cleaned badly. Getting hit for parking- $16 per night was a bit steep. Loved Kingston!!
2 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2014
jennifer
Close to restaurants, shops, water, and the market.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great time"
Had an amazing time in Kingston, just steps away from the boat cruise to 1000 island and to the souvenir shops.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"One night with family"
I stayed one night with my family last weekend. The hotel was okay. Nice outside summing pool. Breakfast below average. Great area.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Javier
"Over priced for the condition of the room"
The hotel staff was wonderful but the bathroom could have been much cleaner. We had a great view of the waterfront from our balcony but the balcony itself was quite dirty.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Jen
"Old hotel in need of a renovation."
The room was just ok, but very expensive. On my trip I stayed at for more luxurious hotels for less than half the price
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
steven
"Favorite Kngston hotel"
My wife and I have stayed here many times over the years, including earlier this summer. Everything about our visit was excellent, with the exception of the outdoor pool still being out of commission. Outdoor patio with live music on weekends was a lot of fun. Staff was very pleasant and professional, as usual. You can't beat the location of this hotel.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Weekend trip"
All balconies dirty and covered with spiders and spider webs. Hotel is not kid friendly. We were here for a soccer tournament and the children wanted to relax a bit on the small grass area next to the pool but they were asked to leave in a very impolite way because that area was reserved for wedding's only. Guess what? There wasn't a single wedding there all weekend. Shame on the hotel.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014