All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Room is all right
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
The helpfulness and cheeriness of the staff was superb. The mattress was the pits. The staff was most helpful in bringing up two strips of plywood to put under the mattress. Our backs thank the staff for helping us out for the final days of our 5 day stay.
5 night trip Oct 1, 2013
ed burke
"I ENJOYED MY STAY IMMENSELY!!"
I was able to bring my small dog into a world class hotel. The rooms were lovely and the bed was extremely comfortable! The food and service were excellent! I highly recommend you and your pet stay at THE ATLANTICA HOTEL in Halifax, Nova Scotia!!!
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"Good mix of location & price"
For 5 'young seniors', we appreciated the free shuttle to all the attractions of the Halifax wharf area and the nearby citadel. While the distances are walkable for the fit, a one-way free ride was good. The hotel, rooms, customer service, and dining room were excellent. Don't judge the hotel by the drab exterior.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
SD
We enjoyed our 2 night stay at Atlantica, however a safe and refrigerator would have helped.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2013
"NIce Stay"
Nice stay. Hotel was nice but felt it seemed a little outdated in its interior. Staff was nice, courteous, and helpful. Good location.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"all around good hotel"
room clean good size free wifi-secure friendly helpful desk staff, good resteraunt free business center
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
peter
"Very clean and comfortable."
It was great. Staff was wonderful and the room was very clean. Would definitely choose this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Shelley
"Alantica Hotel Halifax rating"
Very friendly and helpful staff, the room had been refurbished so was very good.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Nice view from 15th floor. But the garage below required some extra maneuvering to park a small to midsized car. Also, I didn't like the idea of placing overpriced snacks inside the room. And our room was entered while we were away, even though we specifically asked that it not be.
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2013
david
"A little hard to find because it wasn't on a main"
Very good - except you had to pay extra to park. with directions for the third time we found it.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Very good value"
Stayed two nights on vacation trip - the room was well-designed for comfort and well-maintained by housekeeping staff. Everything met or exceeded our expectations.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"good location"
Well located to a number of services and restaurants. Not a long drive to downtown and a few good sites within walking distance. Hopefully in the years to come some redecorating off rooms [with functioning air systems] will happen.
6 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Anthony J
"Very accommodating!"
This hotel offered everything I could every need. A parking garage is under the hotel allowing comfort in leaving your car. They exchange money which was such a relief. The room was in great condition and all of the staff were amazing. What a great experience!
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Krysta
People were really nice, room was clean and comfortable
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Nice hotel not too far from downtown Halifax."
Stayed at the Atlantica Hotel in a king room on the third floor July 30 and 31. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. This hotel is a bit of a walk to the waterfront, but it is a pleasant one. The hotel does offer a courtesy ride in the morning until 9:30AM and another evening which really cuts down on walking distance and time. The parking garage below the hotel is a bit on the tight side, but very do able. Just be sure you have you ticket handy for the gate when you want to leave. The pool and hot tub were nice to use after a day of sight seeing and there is an adjacent outdoor sun deck area. There is a very nice restaurant off the lobby and we had breakfast there before checking out.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Great hotel for walking to places."
Within walking distance to the Citadel, Public Gardens and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Everyone was very friendly and helpful."
The hotel provided a car service to take you downtown. Very nice touch.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice hotel close to several attractions"
Nice hotel away from the downtown hustle and bustle. Comfortable room, nice lobby, not so good views from room.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"tight parking &expensive"
great location, but terrible inconvenience for parking
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
The parking is a bit tight. Also, I was surprised by the fee on parking my car there.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Hotel downtownHalifax"
This hotel is downtown so we were able to walk to all of our destinations
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Great place, great service"
The staff was exceptional! It was very cold in Halifax and the heat in my room didn't work. In just a few minutes I moved to a new room with heat. Housekeeping was just as exceptional. I would stay again at the Atlantica.
Other trip May 24, 2013
DJ

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Tired hotal"
Stay was to watch a sports event - friends had booked into this hotel so I did too. This hotel is tired & the breakfast I paid for was not good
Trip with friends Apr 17, 2016
"Will not stay in this hotel again!"
Very good location for what we needed it for. (Specialist doctor's appointment at IWK Hospital) The hotel room we were in was badly in need of upgrading! The bottom of the bathroom door (on the inside) had rotted but was covered over with paint; the bottom of the bathroom mirror over the counter was completely discoloured (the entire length of the mirror); at the entrance to the bathroom, the floor was raised which caused me to stub my toe several times! No fridge, no microwave (but I guess these are not essentials, but nice to have)! The hotel had easy access and easy exit in and out of the building!
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
One of the elevators was not working but otherwise great.
2 night business trip Mar 29, 2016
Parking a bit expensive and tight fit but otherwise everything fine. Food at Seasons restaurant good. Hotel added to an enjoyable trip. Pool small but helped keep kids occupied even on Good Friday with everything closed.
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2016
"Ok"
The WIFI was very slow, duvet on bed was stain with what look like purple juice stain
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2016
Anise
Overall very good. Parking and parking fee not good. Wi Fi slow.
2 night business trip Feb 26, 2016
BARBARA
"Book via PhoneCn"
Great stay, friendly staff, great food. But I will be booking via phone the next time to receive a lot of the pts and discounts that aren't offered when booking online.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2016
Tina
"Halfhappy"
stay was good But no fridge or Microwave and got charged 23.00 aday for parking so this hotel was not any Deal
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
Bruce
Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Food is excellent, rooms are clean and well-appointed. A breakfast package or complimentary continental breakfast would be an excellent addition. Business centre is appreciated as is connection to all airlines to print boarding passes. Fitness centre is clean. WiFi connection is good. It's our second time here and would definitely rebook.
3 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
susan
"Not a quiet place to rest!"
Walls very very thin! Could here absolutely everything going on in the rooms around us and out side our window. Didn't sleep a wink in two days!
2 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
Nathalie
"Not happy"
We wanted this room to get a good night sleep before a full day of shopping. We were not very impressed by being awaking by a large jackhammer right below our room. We stayed at this hotel before but not sure if we will stay again
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
darryl
"Nice Stay"
Very Nice Room
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2015
Donald
"Friendly and knowledgeable"
The staff was very nice and friendly. There was a bartender, Jeff, who was excellent! He was friendly and was willing to talk about any drinks we were interested in. Would go again just because of him. The room was big and the shower was amazing. We rented a movie, but have difficulty watching it because it lagged. We call the counter and they ent someone up right away. He saw the glitching and legging. He let us watch the movie, but we did not get charged for it. The pricing was good as well.
Other trip Nov 12, 2015
Nick
Room was very clean and comfortable, adjoining room door not well Insulated, can people in next room easily
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Brenda
"Never again"
Greeting us on arrival in our room was a used bandaid on the night side table. Prettying hard to recover from that. There were only two towels in the bathroom, no wash cloths. did I mention that an elevator got stuck for an hour with 14 people in it? Later there was a sign hastily posted saying the limit was 10, though the official capacity was twice that...
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
unhappyCamper
"Dawson's Weekend Getaway"
My wife and I were over to Halifax for our daughter's soccer game. We found the Atlantica to be well positioned in relation to the soccer field at Dal. We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast buffet was excellent!
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Not Provided
Close to the hospitals and Halifax Shopping Centre
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
"Disaster"
It was a filthy mistake. I will never stay here again. The room was dirty, bloody fingerprints on the bathroom door. Very outdated with a noisy old fashioned heater. The pool area was disgusting and I had to insist they close the hottub before someone gets sick. I had never seem a hot tub so poorly maintained. The sauna had a broken board on the seat. It seemed impossible to get reembursed so I stayed the 2 nights. But they were the last. User beware don't pay good money to stay here.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
"Nice hotel located on a high grounds"
The hotel was comfortable to stay. Though the restaurant (attached to hotel) staff were nice and hospitable, but the breakfast and dinner served was very poor to taste, and needs considerable improvement..
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
Kris
"Bring your own pillows!"
I have stayed at Atlantica a few times in the past. It is a very convenient location. However, the pillows were the worst I had ever slept on...let me rephrase I never slept due to the most uncomfortable pillows. The pillows were as if a pillow case was stuffed with rags. The 2nd night of our stay we asked for different pillows. A tad better but I still rate them a 1.5. I have stayed in 3rd world countries with better pillows. The other issue was I was never told that underground parking was extra at $23.00 per day, and had a bill under my door the day of check out. I asked about parking when I checked in and not once was I advised parking was extra.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Sue
"Average hotel."
Average hotel, good location, not so friendly front desk staff. The room was average to below average for the amount paid.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Close to Conference"
It was a great staff that check us / out . Wonderful until twice people running up the hall way after midnight .
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Brenda
Good experience. Great staff. Parking not big enough
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
room was nice,clean and quiet
3 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
Wally
"THANKSGIVING BUMPER SURPRISE STAY"
Dining facilities staffed by excellent personnel. Chefs menu awesome...some of the best seafood pasta we ever ate. Toom service excellent. Great courteous warm friendly staff.
4 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Clive
Have stayed before and was always great but not this time
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
The room was not in good condition but perhaps that goes with a discounted rate. The bathroom was old and needed a good cleaning. The grout around the tub was stained and there was some mold. The beds were old and the bottom platform on one of the beds was damaged. We did not have a luggage rack and used the iron board instead. The drapes were old and difficult to open and close. Desperately in need of a refresh. Mentioned this to the front desk.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
We had trouble getting into the room every time! It took about 8-10 tries to open the door and was extremely frustrating. The clock was not plugged in when we got there and there are no electrical outlets to plug in the iron. It would also have been nice to have a fan in the bathroom. Otherwise, an o.k. place to stay, but could be so much nicer with a few minor changes.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015