All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
1980 Robie St, Halifax, NS, B3H 3G5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Room is all right
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
"Good mix of location & price"
For 5 'young seniors', we appreciated the free shuttle to all the attractions of the Halifax wharf area and the nearby citadel. While the distances are walkable for the fit, a one-way free ride was good. The hotel, rooms, customer service, and dining room were excellent. Don't judge the hotel by the drab exterior.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
SD
We enjoyed our 2 night stay at Atlantica, however a safe and refrigerator would have helped.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2013
"NIce Stay"
Nice stay. Hotel was nice but felt it seemed a little outdated in its interior. Staff was nice, courteous, and helpful. Good location.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"all around good hotel"
room clean good size free wifi-secure friendly helpful desk staff, good resteraunt free business center
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
peter
"Very clean and comfortable."
It was great. Staff was wonderful and the room was very clean. Would definitely choose this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Shelley
"Alantica Hotel Halifax rating"
Very friendly and helpful staff, the room had been refurbished so was very good.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Nice view from 15th floor. But the garage below required some extra maneuvering to park a small to midsized car. Also, I didn't like the idea of placing overpriced snacks inside the room. And our room was entered while we were away, even though we specifically asked that it not be.
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2013
david
"A little hard to find because it wasn't on a main"
Very good - except you had to pay extra to park. with directions for the third time we found it.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Very good value"
Stayed two nights on vacation trip - the room was well-designed for comfort and well-maintained by housekeeping staff. Everything met or exceeded our expectations.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"good location"
Well located to a number of services and restaurants. Not a long drive to downtown and a few good sites within walking distance. Hopefully in the years to come some redecorating off rooms [with functioning air systems] will happen.
6 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Anthony J
"Very accommodating!"
This hotel offered everything I could every need. A parking garage is under the hotel allowing comfort in leaving your car. They exchange money which was such a relief. The room was in great condition and all of the staff were amazing. What a great experience!
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Krysta
People were really nice, room was clean and comfortable
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Nice hotel not too far from downtown Halifax."
Stayed at the Atlantica Hotel in a king room on the third floor July 30 and 31. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. This hotel is a bit of a walk to the waterfront, but it is a pleasant one. The hotel does offer a courtesy ride in the morning until 9:30AM and another evening which really cuts down on walking distance and time. The parking garage below the hotel is a bit on the tight side, but very do able. Just be sure you have you ticket handy for the gate when you want to leave. The pool and hot tub were nice to use after a day of sight seeing and there is an adjacent outdoor sun deck area. There is a very nice restaurant off the lobby and we had breakfast there before checking out.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Great hotel for walking to places."
Within walking distance to the Citadel, Public Gardens and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Everyone was very friendly and helpful."
The hotel provided a car service to take you downtown. Very nice touch.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice hotel close to several attractions"
Nice hotel away from the downtown hustle and bustle. Comfortable room, nice lobby, not so good views from room.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"tight parking &expensive"
great location, but terrible inconvenience for parking
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
The parking is a bit tight. Also, I was surprised by the fee on parking my car there.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Hotel downtownHalifax"
This hotel is downtown so we were able to walk to all of our destinations
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Great place, great service"
The staff was exceptional! It was very cold in Halifax and the heat in my room didn't work. In just a few minutes I moved to a new room with heat. Housekeeping was just as exceptional. I would stay again at the Atlantica.
Other trip May 24, 2013
DJ
I will recommend
3 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"OK but its not a Delta"
The front desk staff, restaurant/bar are great. The rooms need some upgrades at a minimum. The exercise room, change rooms, and pool are horrible. I'm a Delta Platunum member so Im used to some of the perks they have at that level, but I tried the Atlantica because another business person was staying there. The bathroom sink drained slow. There was a constant rush of water sound that kept me awake. The lousy iron spotted water on my cloths, there was no convenient outlet to plug the iron into. There were no outlets near the bed so I had to unplug the clock to plug in my phone. The water temperature for the shower was really limited too.
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2013
Daron T
"Great for families visiting atudents at Dalhousie"
The location is close to Dalhousie University, and as I was visiting my daughter there at college it was convenient. If you go in the winter it is right across the street from a great ice skating oval where they rent skates for free! It is about a 15 minute walk from the waterfront restaurants and shops and is also close to shopping and the citadel. The rooms are decent but need some upgrades-the curtain hems were hanging down and the bedspread looked worn. However the room was clean. Parking costs an additional 17 bucks a day which seems a lot considering the relatively high price of the hotel. The staff were helpful and recommended restaurants and activities in the area. I would stay at this hotel again because of its location, decent service and adequately appointed rooms.
Other trip Mar 21, 2013
Janis
"up town"
excellent. would stay again. great to be able to bring the dog.
2 night business trip Mar 7, 2013

"Halfhappy"
stay was good But no fridge or Microwave and got charged 23.00 aday for parking so this hotel was not any Deal
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
Bruce
Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Food is excellent, rooms are clean and well-appointed. A breakfast package or complimentary continental breakfast would be an excellent addition. Business centre is appreciated as is connection to all airlines to print boarding passes. Fitness centre is clean. WiFi connection is good. It's our second time here and would definitely rebook.
3 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
susan
"Not a quiet place to rest!"
Walls very very thin! Could here absolutely everything going on in the rooms around us and out side our window. Didn't sleep a wink in two days!
2 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
Nathalie
"Not happy"
We wanted this room to get a good night sleep before a full day of shopping. We were not very impressed by being awaking by a large jackhammer right below our room. We stayed at this hotel before but not sure if we will stay again
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
darryl
"Nice Stay"
Very Nice Room
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2015
Donald
Room was very clean and comfortable, adjoining room door not well Insulated, can people in next room easily
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Brenda
"Never again"
Greeting us on arrival in our room was a used bandaid on the night side table. Prettying hard to recover from that. There were only two towels in the bathroom, no wash cloths. did I mention that an elevator got stuck for an hour with 14 people in it? Later there was a sign hastily posted saying the limit was 10, though the official capacity was twice that...
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
unhappyCamper
"Dawson's Weekend Getaway"
My wife and I were over to Halifax for our daughter's soccer game. We found the Atlantica to be well positioned in relation to the soccer field at Dal. We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast buffet was excellent!
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Not Provided
Close to the hospitals and Halifax Shopping Centre
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
"Disaster"
It was a filthy mistake. I will never stay here again. The room was dirty, bloody fingerprints on the bathroom door. Very outdated with a noisy old fashioned heater. The pool area was disgusting and I had to insist they close the hottub before someone gets sick. I had never seem a hot tub so poorly maintained. The sauna had a broken board on the seat. It seemed impossible to get reembursed so I stayed the 2 nights. But they were the last. User beware don't pay good money to stay here.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
"Nice hotel located on a high grounds"
The hotel was comfortable to stay. Though the restaurant (attached to hotel) staff were nice and hospitable, but the breakfast and dinner served was very poor to taste, and needs considerable improvement..
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
Kris
"Bring your own pillows!"
I have stayed at Atlantica a few times in the past. It is a very convenient location. However, the pillows were the worst I had ever slept on...let me rephrase I never slept due to the most uncomfortable pillows. The pillows were as if a pillow case was stuffed with rags. The 2nd night of our stay we asked for different pillows. A tad better but I still rate them a 1.5. I have stayed in 3rd world countries with better pillows. The other issue was I was never told that underground parking was extra at $23.00 per day, and had a bill under my door the day of check out. I asked about parking when I checked in and not once was I advised parking was extra.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Sue
"Average hotel."
Average hotel, good location, not so friendly front desk staff. The room was average to below average for the amount paid.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Close to Conference"
It was a great staff that check us / out . Wonderful until twice people running up the hall way after midnight .
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Brenda
Good experience. Great staff. Parking not big enough
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
room was nice,clean and quiet
3 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
Wally
"THANKSGIVING BUMPER SURPRISE STAY"
Dining facilities staffed by excellent personnel. Chefs menu awesome...some of the best seafood pasta we ever ate. Toom service excellent. Great courteous warm friendly staff.
4 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Clive
Have stayed before and was always great but not this time
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
The room was not in good condition but perhaps that goes with a discounted rate. The bathroom was old and needed a good cleaning. The grout around the tub was stained and there was some mold. The beds were old and the bottom platform on one of the beds was damaged. We did not have a luggage rack and used the iron board instead. The drapes were old and difficult to open and close. Desperately in need of a refresh. Mentioned this to the front desk.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
We had trouble getting into the room every time! It took about 8-10 tries to open the door and was extremely frustrating. The clock was not plugged in when we got there and there are no electrical outlets to plug in the iron. It would also have been nice to have a fan in the bathroom. Otherwise, an o.k. place to stay, but could be so much nicer with a few minor changes.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"2 day hotel stay"
Stayed there because it was close enough to visit the IWK . Otherwise it would not have been my choice . It was ok .
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Nice hotel by the harbour"
Nice room great staff and a 2 minute walk to the harbour restaurants, pubs.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
Manny
"Deplorable mattress"
We were in room 509. The bed closest to the window was absolutely terrible. The matress was caved in.Someone put a board underneath to try and correct the problem.However that did nothing to alleviate the problem.That matress belongs in the garbage.I hope you take this complaint seriously.This room was not up to your usual standards.we have stayed at your hotel numerous times.If I encounter the same situation in the future,I will consider other options.Also,I hope someone will inspect the mattress,and promptly dispose it
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Not Provided
Good place but the pool area was dirty the room was great staff was friendly.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Very friendly staff. Great location. Rooms very outdated. Ice bucket not emptied for 3 days and had some large dirt on the floor clearly not vacuumed prior your arrival or during our stay. But great hotel otherwise. Restaurant was great and food delicious.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Great hotel however when I book with Expedia I'm on the third floor (3rd time booking with Expedia), close to elevator or ice machine.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015