All hotels in Sacramento, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here300 J St, Sacramento, CA, 95814, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

It was great.. clean and comfortable great location.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Noisy neighbor"
Overall the hotel is nice and room was comfortable. However we had a party in the room next to us so we asked to be moved. We moved to another room which was quiet. Staff we're accommodating. Rooms must be thin though, could hear neighbor blowing nose.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
wendy
"Nice hotel next to old town"
Wonderful experience! We were in town to visit old town Sacramento and this hotel worked perfectly. Very close to old town, about a five minute walk. At first I was a little worried about walking to/from old town at night, but there is a nice lighted path that seems very safe. We rode the train to Sacramento, and our train got there at 12:30, but the very nice front office staff allowed us to check in 2 1/2 hours early. Our departing train wasn't leaving until 1:30 the next day, so they let us check out an hour late also. They were very accommodating. The breakfast is very good and the restaurant staff is wonderful. A great experience!
Response by Holiday Inn Sacramento - Capitol Plaza
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the nice comments. Hope to see you back again.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great location, fair accomodation"
This is not a luxury hotel but is a very good affordable option, and the location is magnificent if you are planning to explore downtown sacramento. Few blocks from capitol and right next to old sacramento.
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Francisco
"Nice and clean but noisy night"
This hotel was great for a quick one night stay. Only complaint was that we were put in an adjoining room and there is no sound proofing of the door between rooms so we could hear everything next door.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Downtown Holiday Inn Experience"
The Hotel room itself wasn't too bad. There wasn't a refrigerator or microwave that I'm used to when paying that price. When taking a shower, the drain was clogged so water was backing up. In the hall there was always the room service cart with trays on the floor. When I walked by I saw the room service ladies in one of the rooms talking. We kept having to step around the trays and cart. When my family went down for breakfast I was using the bathroom and someone knocked on the door. I didn't answer so they came in and I said "I'm in the bathroom" and a man said, "someone said the door wouldn't open". So I said no, the door opens fine, and he left. I was pretty upset with that. So ever since then I put the privacy sign on the door the whole time so no one would come in. I shouldn't have to do that. The location of the hotel from downtown plaza and old Sacramento was perfect. Really convenient. The bar tender was awesome. Our family ate in the lounge area because the restaurant was closed and the service was really good.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"just a night out in the town"
this holiday inn is the best when it comes to location. right off the freeway so very easy access both upon arrival and departure. they validate parking if the lot is full also. walking distance from old sacramento and a few popular just down j street.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Adam
"Very enjoyable stay"
The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. I was glad I had checked google street view beforehand for the entry driveway, but with that knowledge it was easy to navigate in and around the hotel and downtown area. The hotel is really convenient to Old Sacramento.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Insomnia by 1000 drops"
Nice hotel - staff was excellent. But in the middle of the night I began to hear a drip drip drip....I fell in and out of sleep all night in a half coma trying to figure out what it was. When I got up in the morning is was definitely coming from the window ledge. As I was checking out, I mentioned it to the front staff and they immediately knew what it was. That needs to get fixed. If I was more a 'princess and the pea' kind of girl that would have totally ruined my sleep. Wonderful staff including the guy that owns the convenience stall .... I'll stay there again but ask for a room change if my room is 'drippy'. Gym is fine but it could use an elliptical machine. The ceiling is a bit low it's possible the machine wouldn't work in there.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Vee
"Here for pleasure"
$6.25 for a bottle of domestic beer at the bar was a bit much. The breakfast buffet was good, nice selection of food and drinks. The parking was free and close to the hotel. The room and hotel were very clean. I did find an old room key under the bed along with a receipt from someone else. The freeway noise was not bad and we were on the side facing the freeway. Very comfortable bed. We enjoyed our stay and continue to be impressed with Holiday Inn. We visited Sac to see the railroad museum, the capital and the club scene. The whole weekend was enjoyable.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
martin
"Beautiful Vacation Getaway!"
My daughter and I booked this hotel in order to attend local womens conference. It was an excellent choice. The facility itself is very modern and clean. The staff is helpful and curteous. Valet parking made it very easy to arrive and depart. I'd would definately stay here again!
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"mini vacation"
Good stay,walking distance to good fun
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Fine accommdations at a very reasonable price"
Great all around
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Clean, comfortable & convienent location"
We saw Jersey Boys at the community theatre ... Walking distance... We found a great Mexican restaurant with 2 bars (1 being a taco and tequila bar) Tacos were amazing $3 each! Atmosphere pleasant and bartender very friendly and funny! We walked back leisurely after the show... About 10:30pm. We were very close to the capital, Shopping (Ie: Macy's), plenty of food choices the IMAX Theater and a movie theater & old sacramento (lots of cute shops, restaurants & museums) The hotel staff was awesome, our room was big, clean & bed comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant ... Very good service and food. The free appetizers & beer/wine happy hour was very nice, waitress promptly brought us drinks and there was plenty of finger foods. We had a wonderful visit and will definitely recommend this hotel to out of towners :)
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
"1 Day Business Trip"
...
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Great for work or quick stay"
Stayed for an overnight. The hotel is right off the freeway, with easy on/off access to 80 and I-5. Right next door to Macy's for the outfit you forgot! Best aspect of this hotel are the staff who are delightfully pleasant. From Armando opening the door to Victor at check in, the house keeping staff who gladly bring extra towels and glasses and Britney serving cheerfully at 7am in the restaurant downstairs, there is a surprizing and inspiring team effort unique to a 4+ star property.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Don
"Decent hotel"
decent hotel stay, beds were ok, work out room a joke with only 4 machines total, staff nice, convenient location
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
vanessa
"Great location, good hotel!"
My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn because of its location within Downtown Sacramento. It is definitely in a great location. Just steps to Old Town and very close to the Capital Building. The room itself was clean. We ordered room service one night (to tired from all the walking) and the server who brought our food was very nice. The food was good. We had breakfast twice. I think the buffet is a little over price for the selection offered but the breakfast menu was good. If you are interested in touring downtown this is a great place to stay.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Close to Old Sacramento and the mall."
The bed is comfortable. Restaurant staff are nice.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Jo
"CA Essentials for Childhood Meeting"
Convenient and walking distance to my meeting on P Street
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
"Better then before"
This was the second time I stayed here. I stay at this place about six months back and did not like the environmental. It was kinda dingy and not so great. This time I gave it a second try and had a great experience. The staff was really friendly, the lobby was really clean and smelled clean. The room was great! They gave me the Executive Floor and a King bed. I was happy with the price I paid. I would definitely come back.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Boonmee
"Very nice hotel"
Very nice hotel. We loved it!
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Darren
We stayed one night here. The hotel is in a great location, very close to Old Town Sac. The only complaint was our air conditioner was very loud.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
Monica
"Friendly staff and nice room."
Friendly staff and nice room.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
Deborah
"some what dissatified"
arrived at 3:00 pm room wasn't ready told us 20 minuets still wasn't ready finally put us in room that was ready
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
"Great stay in downtown Sac"
This is a nice place to stay, as it is located right near Old Sacramento and all the major freeway exits. The only thing I would say that I don't particularly care for is the restaurant but other than that this is a great place and you can easily walk to any other restaurant nearby. Great staff that makes u feel welcome.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Lora
"Nice hotel in walking distance to Old Town."
The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Hotel lounge was fun to watch the World Series in with other guests. Room service was speedy but food was average.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Carmi
"Comfortable hotel in downtown Sacramento"
Great staff, very inviting and helpful. Super comfortable bed and we didn't have any noise disturbances even though it was Halloween night.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Claire
"excellent"
I was very pleased with my room. The hotel is in a great location next to Old Town. The staff was great and great help. The room was very nice and very comfortable. I have no complaints at all
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
n
"Great place to stay for people with disabilities"
We have stayed at this property several times because it has an excellent ADA room.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Dadman
"Nice but no sleep allowed"
very noisy not only because of the freeway but I could easily hear the noise from the next room
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Sabrina
"Great room on spur of rhe moment"
Big, modern, comfortable, convenient. Strange chemicle smell initially in room. Extra charge for parking in neighboring city garage unless you book thru 3rd party and included.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Rob
"One night business trip."
Perfect for an overnight business trip stay. Walk to old town. Easy freeway access.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
ROBERT
"Marvelous!"
Location was literally walking distance to old town Sacramento. We really enjoyed our stay!!!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Randy Holme"
Exceptional ... very convenient for us as we have family in River Park and West Sacramento. We also wanted something close to Old Sacramento and the Railroad Museum. And the 10-20-2 restaurant was a great place to eat.
7 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Randolph
"Holiday Inn in Sacramento"
I love the location of this hotel and the service. It is a short walk through a pedestrian tunnel to old Sacramento. I think that you will find this hotel to a great value.
5 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"stinky"
The room smelled very bad like bad body odor. I told housekeeping and they sprayed it but it still stunk. Expensive hotel for being so old. They also don't have enough parking because half of it is reserved for "valet".
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"We'll be back"
Overall, it was a great stay.the only sour note was housekeeping didn't get to our room to clean it till after 4PM, that was more a scheduling / staffing oversite, not the housekeepers. The proximity to Old Town Sac was a real plus, demolition and construction of some of the other amenities was a minor disappointment. The handicap room we stayed in was well laid out, grateful. The i house restaurant wasn't always open, big blocks of time when they were closed, but there were enough alternatives that is wasn't a big issue. We'll return to this hotel for another relaxing stay.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
David H.
Great service, easy check in however, no valet parking available
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Ok if u need to close to downtown"
Location is great, but that service and quality, does not make sense to pay its price. When I arrived I was given a room someone was already staying at. Back at the lobby the lady already knew she made a mistake, but did not apologize. She had the look that she was too busy to deal with this. The next room I got was a handicap room. So i wanted to trade. Got a double bed instead of one and that lady was not happy to be bothered again. Not staying at another holiday inn cause of this.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
George M
"Comfortable Stay in Sacramento"
Short walk to Old Sacramento. Easy freeway access for trip to airport and Sleep Train arena.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Close to Old Town"
I have stayed at the hotel before. Nice staff. The facility is showing a little wear and tear. Do appreciate you can still open the window (a little) for fresh air.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Amazing!"
Hotel was perfect and in walking distance to Old Sacramento. Will be staying here again.
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Holiday Inn"
It is what you would expect from Holiday Inn, nothing super but a clean place to stay. Sage valet parking. Easy walk to old town. We would stay again.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Well treated!"
When we were checking out the agent asked how we liked our stay. We said "fine" except that the omelets we had for breakfast weren't very good, and also not quite as described in the menu. He thanked us for our "helpful" input, and gave us our parking ($16) for the day for free. Wow!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Great hotel for visiting Old Town Sac and shopping"
This hotel is walking to distance to Old Town Sacramento and the mall. The room and bathroom were clean. Great amount of space to enjoy the room. Parking is not included, but the in-and-out privileges made it worth it.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Diann
"Anniversary Dinner"
Great facilities, great lounge, great breakfast. Interiors are excellent
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Jim B
"Great Capital"
I really like this hotel and stay here almost exclusively when in Sacramento.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Shawn
"Nice hotel but room assignments weren't good"
Upon check in I went to my room, entered and found that someone else was already assigned the room. When I returned to the front desk another individual also had the same problem. Other than that the stay was enjoyable.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"FABULOUS LOCATION~"
This hotel has great customer service. The staff is very helpful, friendly, and will go above and beyond to help you have an enjoyable stay. The location is fabulous walking distance to Old Sac and Macy's shopping area. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014