All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
615 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"good"
Decent place
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great weekend"
We stayed 3 nites for my motorcycle trials ride at the Sipapu ski area. The beds were made up daily, some do not do that. TV options could be better, some channels were fuzzy. I am used to my cable. Room was cleaned well and I tipped the staff at the end of our stay. I was able to park with my light trailer attached. I would stay again next year.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
michael
"ok"
Was decent
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Virginia
Room clean but old. Carpet very dirty and torn, coffee maker in room but no coffee.Shower had no soap, bed very uncomfortable.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Mary Ann
"Taos Experience July 2015"
I was upgraded to a room with a spa when I didn't care for the rooms I was shown. No extra charge. The room was fragrance free and quite comfortable
3 night trip Jul 14, 2015
"good stay good price"
Good Stay Good price
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Sherrie
This is by far one of the dirtiest motels I've been to!! It smelled awful, the bathroom floor was covered in hair as we're the sheets on the beds. And to top it off the shower didn't even work. The only good thing was when I went to ask for a refund so we could find somewhere else to stay for the night they didn't argue, which makes me think it must happen frequently.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Kristin
"Great stay for the price."
Great price, Nice indoor pool. Front desk staff helpful but don't smile much. Was a busy weekend for them so maybe they were just stressed.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Sherrie
Office staff very disorganized and arguing with guest while checking us in.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Bobby
"Taos getaway"
Short trip over holiday weekend. Took bikes and meet up with friends. Great location, close to shopping and very close to downtown Taos. Not a luxury hotel, but family and pet friendly.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2015
"Bad breakfast for people with allergies."
This was the second time we've stayed at this hotel. The down side was the breakfast. Our daughter is allergic to gluten and they ran out of eggs and didn't have anymore to put out so the only thing she could eat was a banana.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
It was just okay, the receptionist they were friendly and helpful,my key entry card kept demagnetizing and they took care of us... we asked for extra towels, and didn't receive, and trash was not thrown regularly,but that was on the house cleaning people...
3 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
Rhonda
"Poor Cleaning habits......"
When we first checked in, we were given a room that was either occupied or had never been cleaned that day. Once we got a new room, the toilet had VERY old black mildew/mold stains in it, and there were dirty wash cloth's hanging from the shower bar! You can tell the toilet in the room had not been scrubbed for a very long time. The room was ok, but very dusty in many places. Had there not been many events going on in Taos this past weekend, we certainly would have moved to a different hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
Made reservations for Non-smoking, lower level rm., 2 dbl beds. 24 hrs in advance on line. Expected to get what I asked for......I even called the morning of expected arrival to confirm, Did not get Non smoking rm, and they did not have reservation info. Also, cooler did not work well. I survived! But a little troublesome.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Janice
"Clean and economical"
Economical. A a quiet, clean place to sleep and pool/whirlpool to relax at the end of the day were all we needed.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Sandra
With friends, I was staying in Taos overnight. The hotel was nicely situated (but not within walking distance of the square. Everything about the stay was average. Nothing special.
1 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Samuel
Over all good stay.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"super super super gross"
Negative stars for cleanliness if possible. My particular room had mysterious stains on the wall... and the carpets and bottom bed mattresses. Could they not afford bedsheets to at least cover them up? But why were they covered up in plastic in the first place? (Bedbug problems?) And how did stains get there too?? No leftover trash inside my room, but a TON outside my door. I was shocked. In all fairness, I liked getting to use liquid soap from the dispensers rather the soap bars. Also, they actually had pretty awesome tourist brochures in the lobby. (For things to do on my next trip to Taos.) Maybe they had nicer/cleaner rooms I could have switched out for, but they shouldn't have given me such a gross one in the first place. Would not stay there again, even if you paid me. (But at least I walked away with a super cool brochure collection...)
1 night trip Jun 7, 2015
"Great pool and spa"
The hotel was OK for the price, offered free breakfast and provided a great pool and spa after the long hiking trails.
4 night trip May 27, 2015
Aleksander
"passing through"
OK for one nite. Had problems with remote, new batteries from front desk fixed it.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Herman
"Not so great, would stay elsewhere."
It was an ok hotel. The room was clean and nice. There were no toiletries (shampoo, lotion). The pool and hot tub were really warm. Breakfast was barebones.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Brenda
"family trip"
the room was clean just missing some towels and wash clothes. We enjoyed The pool. Overall was nice for the price
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Unforgivable!!"
First room had hair on sheets when rolling back the comforter. All drawers were broken in the dresser. Had to leave clothes in suitcase for 5 days. Rollaway bed was so uncomfortable that our son slept on the floor. Requested to move to another room and it took 2 days for staff to accommodate this request. Second room had two double beds. One bed tilted up on one side about 18 inches if you did not stay in middle or right side of bed. Also, on floor of bathroom around toilet seal their was a constant leak so we had to keep a towel wrapped around base of toilet. Holes in towels and carpet. Best advice....keep on looking!!!!!
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
traveling famil
"A for effort but"
The front desk staff at the hotel was great but the facility left a lot to be desired. Breakfast was great. When we checked in our room was dirty. The towels from previous guest were still on the floor of the bathroom and food was still in the fridge. The staff promptly moved us to a new room a few doors down. This room however did not have towels which they also promptly rectified. They told me they had a new housekeeper that started that day and clearly was not with the program yet. The new room seemed clean but the beds were very hard and the toilet started to back up after the first use. Overall this property is very dated. The staff were very courteous and professional and did the best they could to make the best of a bad situation. The property is well maintained but it is aging and there are signs of this everywhere. Fortunately we were only staying one night so we were able to make the best of it.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Average room"
It is an old hotel and there are some things they cannot help. 1. would be the staircase being so far away from the upstairs rooms. That has nothing to do with the owner and was poorly designed. The room was cleaner than the reviews had stated but they were still dirty. An old coffee filter was left in the coffee maker and there was no soap in the dispenser. The only soap happens to be in the shower. Very strange. We were given a wash cloth and a face towel. I stopped someone cleaning the room and got more. The paint is peeling off the wall in the bathroom. Do not pay extra for the fireplace it puts out only a blue flame and so doesn't add any light to the room. I liked the location. If was easy to find and the parking was easy. They just need to get a little more organized at the front desk. BTW, the pool and hot tub were very clean and we enjoyed this. I think the price should have been lowered for the quality. I can tolerate some wrongs if I'm getting a good deal. I hope they keep working to fix the place up and get some staff that will stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Seasoned traveler"
Very unfriendly woman on duty when I arrived - No smiles for anyone checking in. Too many unsupervised children in pool/spa. Very loud men with drinks in glasses - specifically supposedly not allowed - in jacuzzi. Didn't feel comfortable because they were obviously drunk.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2015
"Unpleasant place!"
the phone needed to be fixed the soap dispensers were broken and there was a disgusting smear on the wall oh yeah and it smelled gross
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
mb
"Not a good experience"
I stayed here many times. At first, I defended this place. Not anymore. My last room was missing the coffee maker, soap in shower, and hair dryer. The maids never bothered to replace it. They have 1 soap dispenser for hair and body. It is labeled Dial but I have my doubts. I am ok with having one soap for all, but I had to fill a cup of soap and take it to the shower.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
tanya
"Ok for the price"
Stayed for 4 nights. Indoor pool and spa were nice, but they threatened to charge us $5 per towel for the towels to use for the pool..rooms were ok for the price. Soap dispensers on the wall-no complimentary shampoo/conditioner or anything. Bathroom door handle was loose..tile was cracking..very small bathroom. The door barely gives you enough room to get into the bathroom where the toilet and shower/tub are. Sink is outside bathroom door. Towels were old and some were stained. Gross. Beds were ok, but fitted sheet wouldn't stay on the bed. I guess overall I would say you get what you pay for..
4 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Kristin
"Stopover in Taos."
I spent one night at the Whitten Inn, while traveling through northern New Mexico. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast is on par for this class of hotel. The hot tub and indoor pool are a big plus at the end of a long day of travel. The hotel could benefit from a little freshening, but it is quite acceptable in its current form for an affordable place to spend the night in Taos.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Rod
"Nice clean comfortable room, and cheap."
Very positive experience! Clean and comfortable. Also very inexpensive for us, $54/ night for 2 queens 2 people, first week in March, outstanding value. If you want a quiet room, avoid upstairs rooms near the stairs. Breakfast is not great, Did have waffles but orange juice was watered down too much and no fresh fruit available by 8 am, small bowl empty every morning before 8 am. Not a problem though for a $54 room.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Decent price"
We have returned here .,., half a dozen times ! Good for the price and location.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Worst Hotel In Taos"
When we arrived, the room looked clean and the beds were made, and that's about all I can say that was positive. We found that we had none of the comforts advertised such as coffee in the room, no tissue or toilet paper. In the middle of the night, we were alarmed when two people tried to enter our room and had room keys that allowed them entry, a mistake made by front desk staff that night apparently. Management was rude and did not accept any responsibility for any of these issues. Worst stay I've had in a very long time.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Ski trip"
Nice owners
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Not as nice as other places but the price made it a great choice/
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Clean, comfy, spacious good price."
At first look it doesn't seem that nice, since it's an older building, but the staff was very nice, room was clean and spacious, climate control worked perfect and it was quie. Need a place to crash before hitting the slopes? This place is great for the price. Would definitely return.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to many restaurants"
Nice Hotel close to many restaurants & enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool. I will stay here again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
snowboarder
"Average"
The hotel room did not have bar soap or shampoo. The only soap available was antibacterial liquid soap in a dispenser both in the bathroom and shower. I found this very strange. The ceiling was a drop ceiling, the type you'd find in an office, I tried not to think of what was above that because you could see mold along the ceiling tiles in the shower.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Clean and comfy"
The hotel is nothing spectacular but was clean and comfy
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Not friendly or customer service focused"
The hotel staff is rude (front desk people and the ones that answer the phone) Also I called to ask what was included in the breakfast before I went all the way down there and was told on the phone that potatos and eggs were both there, neither of which was true, all they had was cereal and a waffle maker.. And this was only 5 mins after my phone call.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Cherie
"Whitten Inn"
ok staff did accomodate request for rooms close together. Pool hot tub good. room in need of updating. Had in room coffee maker with no por or coffee. Waffles for breakfast good otherwise not much vareity. Price very good.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, not too expensive"
We stayed for one night and were pleased with our room and the Hotel facilities.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Briegi
Old , but clean with a pleasant staff. Location was good, just outside of congested downtown area.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Seasoned
"Dirty with poor service"
When we got to our room it was clear it hadn't been fully cleaned. There was no toilet paper any where in the room and were told we could come by the front desk for it. The toilet leaked all night and the bed was like sleeping on the floor. There were piles of trash on the side of the hotel and the staff didn't seem concerned about anything. We spent our first night in Santa fe and paid less for a room there that was wonderful. This hotel has little to offer.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
T
"Always out of something..."
They always seem to be under staffed and out of the basic items, like pool towels, coffee, breakfast...
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
skibum
"Great service, dirty room."
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The room still had trash from the last person who stayed in the room. There was no coffee, no soap or shampoo and an odd number of towels. I have stayed at Witten Inn before. My last stay was great. I doubt I will ever stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"nice place"
was looking for a place to stay in taos nm, that had a pool in doors . browsed the internet and found the whitten inn , all my needs were meet from the desk staff ; room ; pool area. very pleased .
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
dakota
"Needing maintance"
Drip in tub Flushing toilet No bars of soap or shampoo
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jerry
"Run down!!!"
This hotel is run down. When we first arrived opened refrigerator and found someones burger. YUK!!! The pool was ok . Be at breakfast early!! little to nothing to eat already but, if you arrive at 8:15 and they have run out of the waffle batter TOO bad!!! The front desk said it was too late to put more. WOW, I thought if it says 6-9 then it should be that. Old smelling rooms ,heater so loud I did'nt sleep much. At least the beds had covers over the mattresses, I dont see that very often.
Response by El Camino Lodge
I'm sorry your stay was not up to par. I have recently taken over management of this property and I appreciate your feedback. These are all issues I plan to address in the near future.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Douglas
"Would never stay here againn!"
Was a horrible hotel bed was hard like laying on concrete, and they had no toiletries
Response by El Camino Lodge
I am sorry to hear you did not find our beds comfortable, might be something to look into.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015