All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
615 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worst Hotel In Taos"
When we arrived, the room looked clean and the beds were made, and that's about all I can say that was positive. We found that we had none of the comforts advertised such as coffee in the room, no tissue or toilet paper. In the middle of the night, we were alarmed when two people tried to enter our room and had room keys that allowed them entry, a mistake made by front desk staff that night apparently. Management was rude and did not accept any responsibility for any of these issues. Worst stay I've had in a very long time.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Ski trip"
Nice owners
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Not as nice as other places but the price made it a great choice/
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Clean, comfy, spacious good price."
At first look it doesn't seem that nice, since it's an older building, but the staff was very nice, room was clean and spacious, climate control worked perfect and it was quie. Need a place to crash before hitting the slopes? This place is great for the price. Would definitely return.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to many restaurants"
Nice Hotel close to many restaurants & enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool. I will stay here again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
snowboarder
"Average"
The hotel room did not have bar soap or shampoo. The only soap available was antibacterial liquid soap in a dispenser both in the bathroom and shower. I found this very strange. The ceiling was a drop ceiling, the type you'd find in an office, I tried not to think of what was above that because you could see mold along the ceiling tiles in the shower.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Clean and comfy"
The hotel is nothing spectacular but was clean and comfy
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Not friendly or customer service focused"
The hotel staff is rude (front desk people and the ones that answer the phone) Also I called to ask what was included in the breakfast before I went all the way down there and was told on the phone that potatos and eggs were both there, neither of which was true, all they had was cereal and a waffle maker.. And this was only 5 mins after my phone call.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Cherie
"Whitten Inn"
ok staff did accomodate request for rooms close together. Pool hot tub good. room in need of updating. Had in room coffee maker with no por or coffee. Waffles for breakfast good otherwise not much vareity. Price very good.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, not too expensive"
We stayed for one night and were pleased with our room and the Hotel facilities.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Briegi
Old , but clean with a pleasant staff. Location was good, just outside of congested downtown area.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Seasoned
"Dirty with poor service"
When we got to our room it was clear it hadn't been fully cleaned. There was no toilet paper any where in the room and were told we could come by the front desk for it. The toilet leaked all night and the bed was like sleeping on the floor. There were piles of trash on the side of the hotel and the staff didn't seem concerned about anything. We spent our first night in Santa fe and paid less for a room there that was wonderful. This hotel has little to offer.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
T
"Always out of something..."
They always seem to be under staffed and out of the basic items, like pool towels, coffee, breakfast...
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
skibum
"Great service, dirty room."
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The room still had trash from the last person who stayed in the room. There was no coffee, no soap or shampoo and an odd number of towels. I have stayed at Witten Inn before. My last stay was great. I doubt I will ever stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"nice place"
was looking for a place to stay in taos nm, that had a pool in doors . browsed the internet and found the whitten inn , all my needs were meet from the desk staff ; room ; pool area. very pleased .
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
dakota
"Needing maintance"
Drip in tub Flushing toilet No bars of soap or shampoo
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jerry
"Run down!!!"
This hotel is run down. When we first arrived opened refrigerator and found someones burger. YUK!!! The pool was ok . Be at breakfast early!! little to nothing to eat already but, if you arrive at 8:15 and they have run out of the waffle batter TOO bad!!! The front desk said it was too late to put more. WOW, I thought if it says 6-9 then it should be that. Old smelling rooms ,heater so loud I did'nt sleep much. At least the beds had covers over the mattresses, I dont see that very often.
Response by El Camino Lodge
I'm sorry your stay was not up to par. I have recently taken over management of this property and I appreciate your feedback. These are all issues I plan to address in the near future.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Douglas
"Would never stay here againn!"
Was a horrible hotel bed was hard like laying on concrete, and they had no toiletries
Response by El Camino Lodge
I am sorry to hear you did not find our beds comfortable, might be something to look into.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"We always stay here when in Taos"
Great price, location, and they have a swimming pool and hot tub - what could be better for a family after a day of ski-ing! Accommodations are clean and tidy and the staff are attentive. Free breakfast in a busy and warm breakfast room. It's a great choice for families if you don't want to break the budget.
Response by El Camino Lodge
Thank you for staying with us. I hope to have you back soon!
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
no WIFI. Very weak signal. average but price was right.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Nice hotel, easy to find"
It was so great that I didn't have to pay in advance or leave a crazy deposit like most hotels, the people were quite friendly AND they had great coupons for skiing. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk outside to get access to the pool and hot tub, and the pools hours could be a little better. But it's such a small thing in comparison to the big picture. The breakfast was good and the heaters worked. Overall, very nice and affordable.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Justina
"Really only one benefit."
This is a typical low-rent motel, like the kind trashy people live in. If u can expect that, like a quality inn or motel 6, then u know what to expect. I don't mean to demean them, but the maid was smoking while she cleaned the rooms and it took an act of Congress to get towels. The benefit...INDOOR HEATED POOL! If you have kids with u, it's a saving grace!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Chad
"Nice hotel centrally located in Taos."
Good breakfast, clean room and nice shower! Friendly staff
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Courtney
"Inconvenienced x2"
They gave us the incorrect room and had to take the luggage back down stairs and drive to the lobby to receive the correct room. After given correct room, the bathroom ceiling tile was wet in the bathroom. Needless to say we were inconvenienced twice and were not satisfied. We will be staying elsewhere!
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Staying at the Whitten Inn was a very pleasurable experience. The locator was great because everything is close by.
3 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
"Economical option"
This hotel was an inexpensive option for a ski vacation. Good size room, with complimentary breakfast. The breakfast was substantial and appreciated, given the cost of food in the area. Nice beds for the family. A bit tight, but we knew that going in. The thermostat was a bit erratic -- it would kick in to make thing VERY hot, then stop for awhile. Not the best-calibrated machine. Finally, there was free wi-fi, though it was exceptionally slow and unreliable in the evening. All-in-all, however, it did the job for us. If you need to cut costs, this is one way to do it.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Whitten Inn Taos, NM"
I would never stay at this hotel again. If there had been another place available I would have checked out 30 min. after I checked in. The room for my husband and I was not clean. Trash on the floor, make up on the ice bucket. The second room for my daughter's family was unlocked. The beds unmade and nothing cleaned. We did not arrive until 7:30 P.M. and 9:30 P.M. respectively so there was no excuse for dirty, unmade rooms at that hour! We never received any coffee/condiments for the coffee maker. In my son's room they left clean towels after I asked them to do so but would never pick up the dirty towels! Hotels.com should investigate the rooms that they offer. I know you get what you pay for so this was a prime example of an inexpensive room rate but there is no excuse for uncleanliness! I will have a hard time trusting Hotels.com for recommendations in the future.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Ski trip - stayed at the Whitten"
My stay mirrored the mediocre feedback I read prior to booking. Just the basics, bathroom needed TLC, but was clean. The microwave tripped the surge protector and called the front desk and received odd instructions to reset it - add 30 seconds was the only option that worked. TV and stations were fine. Walls weren't too thin, so no complaints their. Pool and hot tub, breakfast all good. Coffee pleasantly surprised, usually too weak, but it was a good strength.
4 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Greg
"Economical but poor service"
This is a good, inexpensive hotel for families on a budget. However, don't expect good service from the staff. We booked two rooms. The first room didn't appear to be cleaned from the previous occupants - the beds were half-made, there was trash in the trash cans, and there were no clean towels. The second room appeared to be clean, but the light in the bathroom was out and they never refilled the soap dispensers. Management blamed the poor cleaning job on new cleaning staff. They brought us fresh towels and assured us the beds had been changed. One reoccurring problem was the key cards would go bad for no reason at all. Towards the end of our stay, we were going back to the front desk every day so they could re-key the cards. The location is not bad, though. It's close to several grocery stores (Supersave, Albertson's, and Smith's). It is one of the stops for the $2 shuttle service to Taos Ski Valley. Taos County Courthouse is a short walk away where you can catch the free shuttle to Sipapu. There's also a field next to the hotel with a short sledding hill for small kids.
7 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"An overpriced as the quality of service considered"
Hotel towels have black stains. Complimentary breakfast area is too small to handle the number of guests every morning. It seems that there is a larger area that could be open for that purpose. There is only one person from the front desk to take care of breakfast area.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"It worked for us."
It was clean and comfy. Nothing extravagant about it. Great room for skiers, we could park right in front of the room and load and unload skis. Very convenient to walmart and several restaurants.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Comfortable, Convenient, Clean, Friendly"
Spent four nights. Enjoyed all of them. Found the facilities very adequate, clean, comfortable . Staff friendly. Would not hesitate to stay again.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Stay was OK."
The Stay was Ok. Small room, but was adequate. Breakfast room was full and had to wait in line. Overall, I would give a B+ for the money spend.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Raj
"nice after day on slopes"
room was nice and clean. we would definitely stay here again. hot tub and pool were great after being on the ski slopes. big pool and hot tub.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"Whitten INN-Don't stay there!"
Hotel staff were rude and unaccommodating when told I should have a Triple A discount and also not be charged the full amount for leaving a day early. In addition, a pizza box was in the refrig-which wasn't mine! Also, sheet had a stain near pillow. Also, when I went to room-door was already unlocked. Light bulb burned out and no one came to replace. TV didn't always work. Will not be going back to Whitten Inn-Taos, NM
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
M
"Only if you can't find anyplace else..."
It's an old style motel with rooms opening to the outside with parking at the door - maybe it used to be a Holiday Inn, don't know. They've tried to make it look different by adding southwest style tile, etc; but, there are no substantial updates or improvements. Anyway, virtually no staff, room is relatively clean (although I don't think the sheets had been changed), skimpy linens, have to go to office for coffee; etc. But, the heater works, didn't see any bugs, bed was comfortable, and it was cheap; so, it was acceptable; but, would rather have stayed someplace else.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great for the price"
We were looking for a cheap place to stay during our ski trip. The Whitten inn was very affordable and also situated in the middle of Taos, close enough to stores and restaurant. The hot tub was great after long days of skiing!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Beds Not Great"
Terrible mattresses. Need to upgrade the quality and/or replace more frequently. Ok for inexpensive location near to plaza but probably will not stay here again due to bad beds.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"BIG Disappointment not worth extra $50.00"upgrade""
Either the shower or the jet tub leaked --- the floor all around the tub and bathroom was wet and became continuously wetter during our unfortunate three day stay--definitely not worth the $$$ spent compared to the three other motels in Taos, NM that we have stayed at. Only wish we had not opted to try this so called fancier nicer motel which was more money and less quality.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
gynnette
"loud heater cold room"
you get what you pay for
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"CEO Hatch Framing and Finishes"
We stayed 3 different weeks for work. The desk help was impossible to deal with both on the phone and face to face. The breakfast was cold boiled eggs and waffles. After the first morning we went out to have a hot breakfast. I slept good but will never stay again and face the front desk.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Lynn
"Staff was great. No shampoo or conditioner."
Staff great, Hottub was out of order all weekend. Room clean other than cereal under the bed and in dresser drawers. Good location getting back an forth from shopping and highway.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Nothing special"
The hotel was just o.k. The rooms are accessed from the outside, rather than through the inside of the building which was disappointing. The outside doors could use some paint. The hotel is a bit shabby looking once you get to your hotel room door and step inside. The decor is outdated. There was a coffee maker in the room, but no coffee or filters. It was however, very clean and quiet.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Cynthia
This is at best a 1 star hotel. Even that is generous as i couldn't even stay the night and headed across the way. Trash smell, dingy ancient rooms and abysmal beds.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
avid expedia us
"Bad Condition"
Location and price was good. NIce TV, horrible breakfast. One key thing required for a decent "free" breakfast is coffee. There NO sugar, splenda only, and NO cream!!! I noticed that few customers was disappointed with the coffee itself. OJ was watery. There's few serious issues with condition of my room, there was gaps in the ceiling in the bathroom, perfect for a spy cam, looked all over to make sure there wasn't one. There was a big gap between the frame and front door, on the lower part. It looks like someone tried to kick in the door, air was coming in. They're not taking care of this hotel at all, it's sad. It could be a nice place.
3 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
Fulwilers
"u get what you pay for"
You get what u pay for This hotel needs updating. And the "breakfast" is hard boiled eggs and cold cereal. The beds are hard and the pillows lumpy. The staff was very nice
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Eileen
"Taos, NM"
We had a very enjoyable trip. The hotel was not fancy but comfortable. There was no table in our room which was a little inconvenient. The staff was very nice.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Rhea
"overnight stay."
Nice motel. Unfortunately we had to leave on an emergency prior to completing our stay. Otherwise I would use the facility again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Hugo
"A great disappointment"
While the room was clean, the hotel was generally run-down with a face lift for the Internet pictures. The bathroom is tiny, requiring maneuvers to get out. The faucets and shower curtain rod were falling out of the wall and there was no hook for clothes or towels. The pool and hot tub had crumbling paint and were uninviting, and lights in the ladies' restroom were almost all burned out, not replaced when asked. Breakfast was mediocre, and no decaffeinated coffee even when asked. Some staff were friendly but most were indifferent or downright surly. They didn't even have a map of the town, never in 5 days.
5 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
Teresa
"Won't go again"
Hotel in ok location , entire building run down , carpet was wet from a leak in plumbing , breakfast area dirty and small , ceiling in bathroom falling down ,tile doesn't match ,and real dirty
Other trip Oct 6, 2014