All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
1230 Congress St, Portland, ME, 04102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Matched expectations"
This hotel matched my expectations in every way. It is right off the freeway in an office park style business area that feels a bit run down but not scary. The hotel was pretty clean if a bit worn. The elevator is painfully slow, especially if you are in a hurry. The ice machine room on the 5th floor is very noisy. I was originally assigned to a room right around the corner, but moved to one further down the hall which was nice and quiet. The fire alarm was set off around 2:30am and we all had to stand out in the parking lot for around 15 minutes waiting for clearance to go back in. At check out the front desk explained that a customer had been smoking in his room (it's an all non-smoking hotel), and they apologized for the inconvenience.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Review"
Fine. Hot water scalding temperature. Hallway carpet dirty.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
It was very nice, clean and comfortable
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Portland hotel"
The only issue was the exhaust fan in bathroom didn't work.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Marsha
"Pleasant surprise"
We would've stayed longer if we new how nice the hotel was and had additional time to stay in Portland. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was that it was far from the city center. We would stay there again without hesitation.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"no, no, no"
bed bugs, no hot water, rude desk help and management that doesn't seem to care that there are bed bugs and no hot water- uh, no, not my idea of a great stay
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
Therese
"Forget the 3PM Guaranteed Check-In!"
I have one complaint. In their booklet they advertise that they guarantee 3 PM check-in. When I arrived at 4:30 PM, they couldn't find a room for me until 5:15 PM! A 45 minute wait is outrageous. As I was waiting, other guests entered and were immediately checked in. What was going on???!!!! Other than that, it was a good stay. Buffet breakfast was good. They have a free business center and free coffee and tea in the lobby. Also they allow pets to stay for those who are interested.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Gloria
"Great weekend with friends"
The poolside sweets are fantastic will always stay at the Clarion and will always recommend those rooms
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
This an older hotel that has been nicely updated. So the rooms are a bit smaller and the elevator slow. But everything was clean an worked. The location is only about 10 minutes from downtown, so it was a good compromise between cost and convenience.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Water world"
This was our second stay of the trip, and had a lesser experience. Those traveling with us had a faucet handle come off immediately, something the maid would have noticed. Our shower head spewed water all over the bathroom. The staff offered to repair this, but the timing was wrong, and I just replaced it myself. The printer was broken, so I had to have the front desk print my boarding passes. Overall, not a good experience.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"Who wants to call about issues at 1 or 2 AM?"
Sink faucet handle had broken off and was lying on the counter 8inches from where it should have been attached. It had to have been placed there by the housekeeping staff. The room should not have been rented. A dog barked for at least an hour in a room down the hall. People were running up and down the hall during the middle of the night and going up and down the adjacent stairs making it difficult to sleep.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Okay but could have been much better........"
I wanted to stay in my room and work, but there was no room service for breakfast. There was water constantly on the floor from condensation from the toilet, I guess. The maintenance person told me that the water was due to condensation, but when I first arrived on Tuesday, June 16th, I stayed at the Hampton Riverfront and there was no water on the floor constantly in the bathroom. I would not recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Panquelcia
"PA White Coat Ceremony"
The staff were very accommodating. The hotel needs some upgrading...worn out looking
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Quiet room. Fairly close to downtown and Old Port.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2015
"On the fridge of Portland"
We chose this hotel because it seemed to represent the best value for the location (Portland has gotten very expensive). So, while we did walk from the hotel into Portland, it's a little far and there's a bunch of highway underpasses to go through to get downtown. The hotel itself was adequate, and we enjoyed the large indoor pool. But overall, apart from the price, it's not that special of a place.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Jaimee
"Friendly Staff l Old Hotel"
The front desk staff were great and friendly. The rooms were old and the elevator was ancient. We were on the third floor and it was faster for us to take the stairs then wait for the elevator.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Great Hotel for weddings!"
My girlfriend and I had a good friend's wedding in Portland this past weekend and the majority of the guests were staying at the Clarion. It was a great hotel for the price and extremely clean/comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Great value hotel right outside downtown Portland"
We stay here when we visit Portland. It's 5 min from downtown and is affordable. Not the most comfortable but it's clean and cheap.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Lovely, Quick visit"
We had a lovely overnight stay after taking in the SeaDogs. The Hotel is pretty convenient to Hadlock Field. We walked and it took about 10 minutes. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Housekeeping on the second floor was very friendly.
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Bridget
"Close to downtown Portland - good rate"
We came to Portland to have dinner and attend an event at The Port City Music Hall. Didn't want to make the 2 1/2 hour drive home after the show. The rate was very reasonable for being so close to all that downtown Portland has to offer.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
anonymous
"Pool was great kids loved it, room not comfortable"
Pool was great and clean, hotel is clean but needs updating, beds are uncomfortable, and was on 6th floor and people kept us and kids up from 1am-4am slamming their doors and talking in halls very disappointed and won't stay again
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
jessica
"Close to hospitals"
Getting around Portland is very challenging!! The staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions. The lounge is a quick fun spot for a little down time after the hospital visits.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Close to airport with free shuttle"
Very close to airport, had shuttle over, easy and convenient.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Hotel - convenient to hospital and shopping"
Quick trip to visit family and do some shopping even though the sales tax is applicable to clothing. Room was nice. It did need a fan in the bathroom and a bottle opener mounted to a wall or even near the vending area ice machine. Cocktail hour entailed going to the bar (one the first floor and our room was on the fifth) to have them open my one beer. I forget an opener and the front desk was all out of them. Room was comfortable. We had 2 beds and differing mattress heights. Extra city noise at night, think they were street sweeping a parking lot out back. Breakfast was nice in the morning and should be included in the room rate. We would come back again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Comfortable, good location, nice comforters!"
I was recently in town to visit with family. The free shuttle (awesome) was fast with courteous service. I had taken a red-eye and landed in Portland much earlier than the standard check in time, but the shuttle picked me up and I was able to get my room when I arrived at the hotel. Very good service, nice staff, very comfortable, clean rooms. Good location as well. Would recommend highly to anyone. Also, they have computers with a printer downstairs. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to access my itinerary and print my boarding passes the morning of my departure. No log ins, or computer/printer headaches. The lobby is done very cozy and comfortable - nice for just sitting and visiting. There is also the restaurant/bar right on the first floor.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Rae
Great time...as always. Love pete and larrys bar!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Loud at times and staff seemed reasonably prepared.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"2nd time staying here"
Nothing fancy. It's clean & simple. Very affordable.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Jacquelyn
"What sold me was how cool they were about my dog."
My two sons and I enjoyed our stay there; the staff was really cool about my canine - which would've been a deal breaker otherwise. Price was right, and the boys loved the pool/hot tub.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Dale
"Nice hotel with park and fly"
Sign in was quick and easy, very helpful with directions, sign up for shuttle easy, shuttle service to airport great.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"overnight at Clarion Hotel"
We chose this hotel because it was very near the bus station. Very good overall experience!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Bruins trip"
Took train to Bruins game and train station is right behind hotel. We walked to and from station and it was slick. I will do it again soon
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
Doug
"Nice hotel, close to hospitals"
Very clean, friendly, has a restaurant. If you are staying as a result of having someone in the hospital they offer a medical discount and free breakfast, however to receive this discount you must call the hotel directly to make the reservation.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Sue
"more detail to cleaning"
The heating unit was dirty. Not enough effort taken to cleaning the small places.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Sue
"Another great experience"
Always have a great experience at this Clarion. Have stayed multiple times over the years and will continue to come back again and again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Katie
"Great for a quick great away"
IT was a school vacation get away. IT was just for a night really so the kids could swim. We got there really early so we could make the most of the pool and they were really get about letting us check in early!
1 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
Jillian
"Nice folks"
Great in the off season. Gets a bit pricey for what you get in the summer.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"noisy heater, need to shut off,on at night."
ok, average quality,a bit dated. easy to find off the interstate.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
joe
Facilities were fine for a quick stop over. Bed not so comfy. Peeling wallpaper in bathroom.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
College Visits
"So close to an A..."
Staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. Shuttle brought us anywhere we needed to go. Parking was limited but they didn't hesitate to get me into park n fly reserved area. Hotel was clean and bright. Only complaint is rooms do not have thermostats. They rely on wall heaters and it was very difficult to control temps in room. It was very cold outside and it made it difficult to sleep through the night....
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Snowy trip."
Good location.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Connie
"clarion portland, Me"
clean, neat and affordable. Great access to Portland transportation center Restaurant food very good, poor service.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"We will be back:)"
Beds were very comfortable. Hot tub and pool were nice. Perfect price for what we were looking for. Will definitely come back!
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Generally pleasant and convenient."
A decent hotel. Not in the center of the city but easy access and for less.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Jay
Good place for pet's. Staff very accommodating. Convenient to airport.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Mid winter visit"
Room was very nice but climate control was an issue. Very little insulation to keep out the cold air out so the heat blasted on and off all night.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Nice hotel for low price"
We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We booked it on Expedia for just $79. And chose it because it was near the bus/train station and cheap. Turns out it was a great place to stay. There was a snowstorm the night we were there so we decided to eat in their resteraunt, Pete and Larry's. Very good food, service was okay. As for the Portland Transportation Center, we could walk to it from the Clarion.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Peggy
"Close to Maine Med"
We were there for the 2015 blizzard! Great place to stay
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Pam
"I'll pass on this one next time!"
I entered my room and within 5 minutes found a flea biting my ankle. I figured out why after I began unpacking and could hear a dog barking in the room next to me. I was unaware this was a "pet friendly" hotel. I was awoken by the barking dog 2 times that evening. The bed was uncomfortable and the heater was unable to be regulated properly. It was either hotter than heck or colder than the North Pole in the room. I would not stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
Tammy
"nice hotel to stay when in portland me"
it was fora concet and hotel was very nice to us
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015