All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
1230 Congress St, Portland, ME, 04102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very helpful information about city. Very Important point: I lost my wedding ring in the room and told the front desk when we left. They found my ring, called the same day to let me know, and returned it as soon as I contacted them.
3 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Nothing Special"
your run of the mill 3 star hotel. The room hadn't been updated in a while. An HDTV with no HD programming. Bathroom was bare bones (no ventilation). The beds had sheets but no comforter.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Dwight
"Comfy rooms"
Very handy location for arriving by train, but further than expected from Downtown. Shuttle provided was mostly for servicing the local hospitals. Good sized rooms, quiet area, PCs available in lobby
2 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"excellent hotel for our marathon stay"
We stayed here for the Maine Marathon and found it to be a wonderful experience. The staff were helpful in directing us to our destinations. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. The was perfect in providing a comfortable environment. Would plan to return the next time I am in Maine.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Clifton
"Hotel has really improved!"
I was very happy with service. The hotel is still updating, and is doing an admirable job! Just one thing . . . I was using the hotel because I had a medical appointment next door. When I was at the doc's office, the staff asked if I had used the discount they have with the hotel. I didn't, and didn't know about it. I know it's not Hotel.com's fault, but I felt duped ($159 vs $65 worth of duped). I wonder if I can reverse my fee or have it lowered to the rate of other patients using the Clarion? Thanks for considering it - Anne
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great value for distance to downtown"
Very pleased, staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
OK for sleeping and a home base. Not much to offer in the way of amenities.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Close to the city"
Clarion is never going to compete with the Ritz, but good quality for the price. Great location close to the West End of Portland. We'd choose again!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
chuck
The beds were not very comfortable as they were very hard. The curtains did not close all the way and it was very bright. The pool and hot tub area were very nice as was the breakfast set-up.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"No problem"
Fine
3 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Edwaed
Too late of a check-in, guaranteed check-in at 3 and room was not ready until right at 3. I never have to wait until exactly check-in time to get in. Breakfast was expensive, service slow. Overall, not too impressed.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
WAS GOOD
4 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Manuel Andrade
"tired"
Needs refreshing. Carpets in room smelled of smoke. In one word I would say tired.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Clean and Comfortable"
Exactly what I was expecting for a 3-Star hotel. Clean, comfortable room. Check-in was quick and easy, and the location was perfect for us (close to family). Quick drive to Downtown Portland, and I highly recommend the Outlets in Freeport!
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"husband and wife Overnight on holiday weekend"
The fan/heat/AC unit was very loud. Other than check-in which was perfunctory, not a single staff member ever spoke to us, or even nodded or smiled in passing in the hall, or offered help. Not a warm or welcoming feeling. You should teach your staff to be pleasant and offer assistance to customers in the halls.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Pat
"pleasant hotel just a few minutes from airport and"
pleasant experiance; enjoyed the restuarant. close to downtown portland
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
We stayed here for a friend's wedding and figured it was a cheaper alternative to the hotels directly on the waterfront downtown so our expectations were that it would just be a place to shower and sleep. The location was great, about a 7 minute drive to downtown Portland. The hotel entrance was extremely nice, and the staff was even better! We stayed for two nights, the first night we had one king size bed and on the second night we wanted to get to double beds. Dan working behind the desk was incredibly accommodating and made the transition easy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to Portland, and would stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Christina
"Very satisfactory and great location"
My stay was very satisfactory. The staff were very personable and helpful, the overall appearance nice and room comfortable and clean. Small gesture of light snacks or fresh fruit offered with the afternoon coffee and after the kitchen is closed would go a long way to travelers not wanting to get back into car and drive around a large city for the same.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Wrinkled sheets, Broken curtains, Dead light bulb"
This hotel forced us to stay a 1 king bed room although Expedia confirmed us a 2 double bed room and we complained of this mismatch. In the room provided for us, we found wrinkled sheets on the bed, broken curtains with stain, and a desk lamp which didn't work.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Tack
"skip this"
This is a definite pass for a hotel. Our room had only the ceiling light at the entrance. When we told them the bedside lamp was missing, the response was "oh, well". We definitely don't need to stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"not worth the price"
For what I paid a night I expect much more. Didnt even have coffee in the morning. Quality of room was lacking: chair broken, not enough lamps, shades didn't close, bathtub didn't drain. Stay somewhere else with your hard earned money.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Good for the price"
Not a top rate hotel, but you're not paying for one. Clean rooms, friendly staff and nothing to complain about but the elevators - which sound as if they're on their last legs. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Sleeping in a bunker"
Three people in a room with a jailhouse window so high up that only a sliver of daylight could be seen is not my idea of a comfortable hotel. I would have asked for another room except that my family was too tired from the long drive to want to bother. Moreover, the beds were lumpy and the pillows were tiny. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, which was the only thing that made it bearable. The hotel is near NOTHING, as in next to a gas station and far from town. Since it was a camp visiting weekend, all the other local hotels were booked it was our only choice for the wedding we were there for. I would avoid staying there in the future.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Rox
"Disappointing Stay"
The room was relatively clean. However, the caulking around the toilet was completely gone, so it leaned to one side. The bed was so uncomfortable that my back was killing me for the entire week. There was no microwave, no refrigerator, and the ice bucket was so small I had to make several trips to get ice. This room was expensive. The windows didn't open, so the air inside the room was stale. The air conditioner fan was extremely loud and no help at all. No continental breakfast and the onsite restaurant was horrible.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Jen
"Clean....but VERY small and outdated"
We chose this hotel as the first night of our vacation in Maine, based on the ratings of other users. Frankly, I cannot understand how this hotel earned an overall rating of "3". While it's about a 10 minute drive from the Portland waterfront, there is nothing near the hotel at all and it's not really easy to get to. The rooms are REALLY small; we were traveling with our 2 grown children and we had to pile up the suitcases in order to move around the room. The rooms with 2 beds were only double beds and lumpy. However, the rooms were clean, even if overall, the hotel itself is outdated. Staff were very friendly and breakfast in hotel restaurant was decent. We wound up moving to a hotel closer to the waterfront with much larger rooms and beds.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Jane
"SORRY!!!"
We were looking for a hotel near the airport with a free shuttle as we had a rental car to return so we could fly out early the following morning, very early. We booked our hotel hoping for a great experience. The van drivers were both wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. However, the girl (Emily) at the front desk the evening we arrived was unfriendly and unhelpful. She had no personality and seemed irritated with the questions that I had about places to eat and proximity to downtown area. She handed us a map and did not make any suggestions or give any helpful information. She was rude. We would not stay here again.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Solucky
"Good place to rest"
At the time of our visit there was only one elevator working making the amount of people using the single and small elevator more. The location is great but if you're not paying attention you can miss the turn to it. We did enjoy our stay there and the reception desk crew was more than helpful in gettin around and finding exactly what we wanted.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Rich
"Clarion Hotel; close to AMTRAK Downeaster train an"
Clarion Hotel; close to AMTRAK Downeaster train and Concord bus lines (easy/quick/low cost access to Boston; don't pay to park in Boston... I have stayed here numerous times, often unexpected to complete business or taking refuge during a snow storm. ALL the staff are personable and accommodating. Room rates are attractive. Wake up early, take a taxi to the Casco Bay Ferry and take the 5:05 mail run to a few Casco Bay Islands. Jeff_of_NH (aka Dodge_Charger_43)
1 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Jeff of NH now Maine (aka Dodge_Charger_43)
"Nothing to brag about"
Just a mediocre hotel -- nothing major to complain about, but nothing terrific either.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
M.E.
"good for the money"
I had 2 rooms, so I have a unique view point.The staff was very efficient and friendly. The public spaces were very nice. The one elevator in service was VERY slow. The rooms need work. The air conditioners were old and dirty and appered tobe missing opieces. The beds were different from one another. In the same room, one bed sat up tall on a metal bed frmae while the other sat lower on a platform frame. Wierd! The vents in the bathrooms were filthy. The phone in the one room was VERY old and filthy and did nto work...could not een call the front desk for a wake up call. The breakfast was great and the coffeee was exceptional!
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"conveniently located between downtown and airport"
Lovely hotel. Staff very friendly. Older hotel, but clean and great location. will stay there again!
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
We checked in and the staff was very polite. Our room was clean. The restaurant food was very good with polite staff.
The hotel was located close to downtown Portland and, as such, was in a good location. The people who worked there are wonderful and kind - and we will always appreciate that. The hotel is rather old and run down. We were charged for phone calls that we thought were local (as the numbers we called had the same area code as the hotel's) and would have appreciated it if those charges were taken off. Nevertheless, we would still recommend the hotel if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Thomas G.
"Great couple nights while in portland"
Nice pool, nice hot tub, nice room, nice beds, nice bathroom, great location, good coffee too!
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
aaron
Clean, comfortable room. Nice pool. Easy drive to Old Port.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"close to downtown Portland"
Visiting our daughter for the weekend. Wanted a moderately priced hotel in Portland with fitness center and pool.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel"
Very friendly Staff.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
flutist
"Clean, comfortable room"
The only complaint was that the sheets and comforters on the beds were put on sideways and I had to remake the beds. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, the pool and hot tub were clean and at perfect temperatures and the room was also very clean with comfortable beds. We'd stay there again.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014
MomPratt
"Good location, aging property, but clean"
Rooms were well kept and comfortable. Bathroom really small for 2 people!!!! Front desk personnel were fantastic, but didn't appreciate maid service yelling to each other through the hallway prior to checkout time and also, would have appreciated it if their carts weren't in the middle of the hallway when I was trying to get myself out of the hotel!! All in all, not a bad place to stay.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Pamela
"Always a great place to stay"
Always enjoy the Clarion Hotel in Portland. The staff is amazingly friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I always stay at this hotel when coming to Portland for business or a getaway.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Sean
"Nice place to stay"
Very clean hotel. Front desk was accommodating for late check in and extended my check out time an hour
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Martins
"Ok, but wouldn't stay again"
The staff was friendly, but the elevator was slow. The pool area was not well maintained. Beds were not comfortable. Carpet was wet and musty. Very worn looking
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Walking distance to ballpark"
Based on one night's stay, this hotel is a good place to stay in Portland if you're not planning on walking to the Old Port entertainment district.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
CP
"Beds and pool"
Beds where a little small and the hot tub was broken down but everything else was great
Other trip May 30, 2014
nicole
"Fruendly, Helpful, Professional staff"
Great site for family reunion and affordable place to stay for a local wedding. Felt at ease gathering in common spaces and restaurant. All staff from front desk to housekeeping to restaurant were outgoing, friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 27, 2014
sandrine
Quick business trip, in at 7 PM and out at 8 AM. Staff was very friendly and helped me with directions where my meeting was going to be. Restaurant served excellent food and my server/bartender was friendly and polite. Don't know his name but he mentioned that he was originally from Bangor, Me. I do wish there was a sign on the road where you turn in. If there was one, I didn't see it (but it was raining and dreary so I may have missed it).
Other trip May 26, 2014
J.D.
"Location was disappointing"
The hotel was OK but I should have paid more attention to the location. It wasn't close to the tourist area for restaurants and sites. The property was well kept and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was a good value which we very much enjoyed during our stay.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Ralph Piazzo
"Decent Hotel"
Overall good experience with this hotel - staff was very friendly and helpful in accommodating a late checkout. Room was nice, and nearby Portland has some wonderful restaurants and shops.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
"Odd location for a hotel"
The hotel served it purpose, I stayed at the mariott Fairfield the night before and the complementary breakfast at the mariott was the same as at the Clarion but the clarion charged me $22 for pretty much the same spread. Construction going on on the fourth floor, banging and drilling heard through the walls at 9 am . AC did not work and was too exhausted to complain so suffered through the night. probably wouldn't stay there again, would pay the extra 20 and stay at mariott.!!
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Bonnie
"awesome"
I will recomend this to a friend and will book it again
1 night romance trip May 8, 2014