All hotels in Topeka, Kansas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here420 E 6th St, Topeka, KS, 66607, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

I was traveling alone with three teenagers and the staff was very accommodating to our needs.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Another Night @ Uncle Bo's Blues Bar"
Once again, I was pleased with the staff I met upon arrival and check-in... We were checked in and in our room very quickly, so we could freshen up and head straight to Uncle Bo's to get a table up front by the stage. The lady at the door was very nice and friendly, as was our waitress. As was the reason for our previous visit, a high school friend and his band was playing this particular Saturday evening, and being we planned on staying until the bar closed and not wanting to drive back home east of K.C. after drinking, we booked a room for the night. I really enjoy the comfortable bed and also awaking to head to the main floor for the smell of coffee and the wonderful breakfast that is available. Which is where one will find even more friendly and nice staffing. Oh and we also checked out the Holley Museum of Military History which was quite exciting and neat.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Marc and Christine, Thank you for staying at the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center and checking out our Blues Bar Uncle Bo's. It sounds like you had a great stay, we appreciate your honest feedback. Have a great day! Rodger Fry General Manager
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Marc and Christine M.
The hotel has a weird layout. There was no vending/ice machine on the 10th floor. I had to go in search of ice. Also - there was a group of people picketing out front due to a banquet being held at the hotel. This made me uncomfortable. I had no idea this was going on. If I had known I would have stayed somewhere else.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Sincerely, Rodger Fry General Manager
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Convenient stop over on trip to Denver"
Check in staff were very friendly and the restaurant served HUGE portions. The food was good and the breakfast was nice. Older hotel but it was clean. Will stay there on the next trip too!
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear John, Thank you for choosing the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. I’m happy to hear our stay at check in was very friendly and you had a HUGE meal in our diner. We look forward to seeing you on the way back! Sincerely, Rodger Fry General Manager
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Expected more, got less."
Indoor pool was under remodel, outdoor pool was in the motel portion of hotel (a lot of people live in the rear building area, NOT what I expected from a Ramada), but it is nice to have a restaurant & bar in the hotel. Be patient with the bartender, he only does one thing at a time, but makes awesome drinks. The free hotel breakfast was bland & eggs were too runny, but every meal we ate at the restaurant (or through room service) was great.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Chrissy, Thank you for choosing the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. I apologize that our indoor pool was closed due to renovations but I’m excited to see it once it opens in the next few days. Thank you for trying Maddie’s Bar. I’m glad the bartender made you some awesome drinks and your food was good. We appreciate the feedback! Sincerely, Rodger Fry General Manager
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Chrissy
"Personable Employees"
The receptionist was so personable. She even called to see if we found our room. The beds were comfortable and the TV had good reception. I had booked the hotel as it had excellent reviews about the breakfast. How true that was! The host at the breakfast was amazing. He talked to everyone. He made sure each person was satisfied and teased everyone equally. It was a delightful stay.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Cheryl
"Great atrium with balcony overlooking courtyard"
This hotel has wonderful staff that are very accomadating. They let us in a few hours early and even let us check out a little later if we would have asked (normally 1130). The breakfast was good and the waiters super kind. The rooms have individually back door onto a balcony that overlooks a courtyard and a water feature where you have breakfast near. The sauna was nice too. The rooms were a little dated and definitely not too high quality and kind of had a tinge of a smoke smell and probably are considered a bit worn but definitely a great price and great time or location.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Unexpected"
I booked this hotel for the pool, hot tub and sauna. The rooms were nice, but the pool, sauna and hot tub were all out of order. They won't be in service for a month or so. Other than that the only other disappointment was having the fire alarm malfunction late night.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Tom, Thank you for choosing the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. I apologize that our indoor pool was closed due to renovations but I’m excited to see it once it opens in the next few days. I apologize for the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. We think some kids pulled the alarm. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return. Sincerely, Rodger Fry General Manager
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
"must have been great in its day"
Bathroom had tons of mold and mildew in grout and water damaged ceiling. Room overlooked a noisy train yard and fire station. Breakfast was only so-so. TV reception was terrible. No convenient restaurants around. on-site restaurant was great, though, with good service and food. Would not stay again.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear guest, Thank you for choosing the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. I apologize that you had mold in your shower. We are taking every effort to fix that issue so thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our TV service is handled by Cox Communications and we’ve never had a problem with reception. I do hope you reported the issues to the front desk so we could contact Cox. I’m glad you enjoyed the Madison Street Diner and the food but I’m sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I hope you give us another chance so we can WOW you. Sincerely, Rodger Fry General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great Service"
We were surprised and happy at the service we received at the hotel breakfast. We were not used to receiving any kind of service at the provided hotel breakfast that we were embarrassed that we didn't bring cash to tip the nice man who assisted us. Beautiful hotel - convenient location.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Deena, I believe we have the best complimentary breakfast in the state! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Our breakfast hosts take great pride in taking care of each guest. Thank you for the review! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Deena
"good but dated"
Overall my stay was good. Food from room service was good, service was good, breakfast was good, price good and room was good. Nothing was great. The rooms were dated, the bath was uncomfortable and the elevators were slow, but for the price I would stay there again. The gentlemen helping at the breakfast were great!
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Sarah, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. I’m glad you had a good stay. I’m so pleased you took advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Our breakfast hosts live to please every guest and love what they do. Thank you for your kind words! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Ted and Mike (the breakfast guys) were friendly and helpful, the high point of our visit. Down side: One of two elevators broke down Saturday and wasn't repaired until Tuesday. Were unable to get connecting rooms even though (on a holiday weekend) the hotel seemed far less than half full.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Wonderful stay"
The hotel was very convenient, staff were helpful and friendly, room was clean, the bed was wonderful. The rooms were roomy. We had a room on the first floor, could open the inside door and be right at the pool.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Terry
It was a nice stay with friendly staff and we enjoyed the indoor pool. I would definitely come back!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Probably better than most."
The a/c did not work properly. The carpet and chairs had stains all over.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Great hotel downtown close to everything!"
I was a little reluctant to stay there after I read a couple of reviews regarding parking, etc. loved everything about the hotel. I checked in and went to a very comfortable clean room, then went down to a quaint bar and had a wonderful Reuben and beer and the next morning had a huge hot continental breakfast before my full busy day.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Buddie
"Topeka hotel"
No bad if you are passing through and need an inexpensive place to stay. Nice breakfast but the front desk staff was a bit rude at times.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Mike, Thank you for the feedback from your stay. I’m happy you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast buffet but I’m sorry you felt the front desk staff was rude. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you’d like to discuss this further. Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Nice room, good breakfast buffet
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Ron, Thank you for the feedback from your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed the nice room and our complimentary hot breakfast. Please stay again soon! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Ron jannelli
"Great room, great stay."
The main thing I care about when traveling: a clean room! I was not disappointed. Plus this hotel has a diner, a bar, a blues club, an arcade room, a pool, a jacuzzi, free parking, free wifi, and hot breakfast which was is a pretty extravagant breakfast for the cost (Free!) I don't think I'll find myself in Topeka KS again, but if I do, I'll definitely stay here.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Lauren, We would definitely appreciate it if you stay with us again the next time you are in Topeka! There is so much to do here; you can’t see everything during just one stay. We appreciate your kind words! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Lauren
The breakfast is worth the stay. Good room with all the amenities.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Great stay, not great pillows..."
Great stay, the pillows however, were not light and feathery, they were very firm. Which for some people is great, but not for me. So I tossed quite a bit. Overall, being an older hotel, I was very impressed with the cleanliness and care that was taken to maintain the hotel. The breakfast was also very nice and professionally done.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Josh
"old"
Not good when we got there dirty ice tray bucket tub dirty had to have cleaners come up.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear corey, Our housekeeping team takes great pride in making sure every guest room is spotless. I apologize that the ice bucket was dirty. It won’t happen again! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
2 night business trip May 16, 2014
corey
"Two days. Good free breakfast. Very good staff."
Good weekend good food and nice people. Stayed there four times so far and had a good experience each time. I will stay there again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Not worth the $100.00"
Rooms were old and outdated. Cob webs were present on the walls. Outside balconly was dirty with cigarette butts. What you see in their photos for the rooms are not what you get.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Trip for business"
Good room good wifi
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear John, We appreciate the feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our super-fast Wi-Fi. Have a great day! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
"Short stay"
Hotel was nice and my stay short, but maid did not stop by room.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
H
I reserved a king room, but when I checked in was told that none were available. Had to wait a LONG time for the desk clerk to find a double queen room. Her instructions for parking led me nowhere near where I should have been, so I ended up dragging my luggage all around the hotel. A maintenance worker was very kind, and set me on the right track. Very disappointed in the overall facility. I had been told by my state organization that this Ramada had been cleaned up and was very nice. I found it dated, dingy, and very unimpressive. Worse yet, I really didn't feel safe.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and sending us your feedback. Feedback such as yours will help us continue to grow into an even better hotel. Sometimes with early check ins, there isn’t always a room ready but the front desk will try their best to accommodate all early check ins. I’m saddened to hear you weren’t impressed with our property. I assure you our hotel is completely safe and we even have overnight security every day of the week. I do hope you let management know about your stay so we could address those issues. Thank you for the feedback. Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Ramada"
Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Great complimentary hot breakfasts each morning with friendly staff willing to assist in any way. Madison Street Diner had good food at fair prices. Reliable free shuttle service to almost anywhere around town. Beautiful atrium. Game room.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Satifactory and pleasant."
A very pleasant stay. The one problem was that the restaurant, Maddie's, was understaffed. There was 1 waitress for the entire place and there was a convention. She was very nice and was very capable. She always had a smile and did her best to seat and take care of customers. Amazing. The restaurant was almost full. She deserves a raise!! There was only the one restaurant.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear guest, Thank you for staying and sending us your feedback. We appreciate it! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
4 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
"One night jam"
Went for a show at Uncle Bo's Blues Bar (located in hotel) and booked a room so as not to have to travel back to K.C. afterwards... allow for my wife and I to enjoy many drinks and good times without risk to others or ourselves by driving. Free breakfast was perfect to finish off the stay before checking out and heading home.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Marc and Chris M.
"Nothing Special"
The room was nice, but hall curtains were falling down. Large stacks of tables and equipment stacked outside conference rooms. Ice and soda machines on odd numbered floors only. Sirens at all hours and noise from nearby I-70.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear James, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay. I apologize for the hall curtains falling down, the issue has been addressed. As for the noise, unfortunately we cannot control the highway noise, but we can always find you the perfect room away from the noise. All you have to do is ask the front desk to help! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Good hotel for the price"
We had a good stay. Breakfast was good! No complaints about anything, just an average hotel!
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Colette
"no where to park"
There was a political rally going on in the hotel and we had to park over a block away. The room was nice enough except for the bed. The mattress needed replace a long time ago. I rolled to the middle so badly neither one of us got much sleep.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear guest, Thank you for choosing the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Sincerely, Rodger Fry General Manager
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
remarkerr
"Beautiful Capital Topeka"
Downtown Ramada Inn is located just minutes from the historic state capital and reminded me a bygone era. The staff greeted us warmly and attended to our every need and request. They were helpful at every turn. The morning buffet is a tasty reminder of why Ramada Inns have a fine reputation of quality and service. I would recommend this hotel to any and all seeking accommodations in the Topeka area.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Pastor Mark
No newspapers were available. The restaurant had a pretty limited menu. Not many choices for me, given that I didn't ant to go out for dinner. Otherwise, the room and service were excellent.
2 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"The lobby is the nicest place of the entire hotel."
We knew this would be an old hotel, but it also looks like no one has invested any money in it since it was first built.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear guest, Thank you for choosing the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. Rodger Fry General Manager
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Will stay again"
We always stay here and I love it! The water pressure in the shower takes a bit to get hot. Be patient. Don't take a cold shower like I did! Service is great. Rooms are clean. People are friendly. Pool is awesome!
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed the pool! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"A very nice experience."
We were in twon for a state high school diving match, and stayed here because the team was, too. It was a nice experience and we would certainly stay here again
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for the review! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"spacious"
Large spacious facility with an excellent and delicious buffet style breakfast.....will return when visiting Topeka
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Great service and clean and comfortable rooms
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Terry, Thank you for the review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed our great service and our clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope you stay with us again soon! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Terry Willyard
"Nice hotel, room not so much"
The lobby and atrium was beautiful. We had a descent distance to get to the elevators we had to use to get to our room and our bed was EXTREMELY hard and the pillows were TINY! We enjoyed the blues bar in the hotel but the 10 DOLLAR COVER was a big surprise since it was in our own hotel, and the waitress made drinks that she said she knew how to make and they were not made correctly. Our overall stay was fine but just a few things could have been better.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear NBrien, Thank you for the review. I’m glad you enjoyed the lobby and atrium and our Blues bar, Uncle Bo’s. Uncle Bo’s is one of the top Blues bars in the nation and features a different act every Friday and Saturday. I apologize that your drinks weren’t made to your liking. I do hope you let Suki, the manager of Uncle Bo’s, know so she could get you the correct drinks. Thank you for choosing us and I hope your next stay is a better one! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
2 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2014
NeBrien
"Christmas Party stay"
This hotel is very nice and clean. The bed was a little hard but ok. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Chris W, Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center while you were here for your Christmas Party. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and felt it was very nice and clean. Thank you for recommending us to others! We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Chris W
"Happy customer"
The staff was exceptional, they were all very professional and friendly. I would rate my stay as refreshing compared to any of the high end hotels I've patronized. The breakfast was excellent.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Thomas, Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional customer service so I’m happy to hear you felt we were very professional and friendly. I think we have one of the best breakfasts around so I’m happy you enjoyed it. Thank you for staying and please choose us again the next time you need a refreshing stay! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Thomas Haas
"Ramada downtown Topeka"
Stayed one night. Arrived around 7pm. The hotel desk agent was very nice and helpful. We appreciated her pleasant personality. We asked about dinner options and she let us know about the bar and grill onsite. It was fabulous food. It was a great choice. She also helped with directions for the rest of our trip. The breakfast was very good as well as the staff overseeing the experience. Very nice!
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Cas
"Nice comfortable hotel"
Free drink tickets for Wyndham members a great touch!
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Aj, Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center. In addition to receiving points for your stay, all Wyndham Rewards members receive 2 complimentary drink tickets at check in. That is our little way of saying thank you. We appreciate your loyalty! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Best in Topeka"
Our stay was great as usual. The whole floor smelled not just clean, but great!!! Parking is secure and plentiful. The breakfast is OUTSTANDING both in variety and quality. Make sure you enjoy it when you stay, and say hello to Mike. He goes above and beyond what is expected. Quality employees make a good business. All the employees are very freindly. The hotel is very easy to get to, and easy to get back on the highway. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing or staying near Topeka.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Bob C, Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback from your recent stay. We really appreciate the kind words! Mike, our Hospitality Supervisor, does an amazing job making sure each and every guest has a smile on their face. He helps out all over the hotel and never forgets a face. Thank you for the great review and for recommending us! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
Bob C
"Wanted to like it"
Unfortunately for us we stayed in Topeka right when fall hit winter with the temperatures dropping from 60s to 20-30s overnight. Thermostat in room stuck at 58 degrees sometime in night and the blankets were very thin. So waking up was very cold. The floor our room was on had a very strong medicinal smell. It was like it had been treated for mold or very intense carpet cleaning. The smell came home in my bag and we only stayed one night. The room was clean. The bathroom clean. The sheets were thread bare as you could see the mattress pad thru the sheets. We ate at the Madison Street Diner. Service was okay. Food was slow. We ordered a César salad and club sandwich and it took 45 minutes to prepare and it wasn't busy.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
JellyBean88
"Road Noise"
-- lots of road noise --poor insulation
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
Ed
"short stay, did the job"
The hallways, elevators, and rooms were clean but the overall look and feel was extremely dated. The staff was nice and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was well above average. Perfect for a quick stay, but don't expect luxury.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Tom, Thank you for the review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad the staff was helpful and the breakfast was great. We look forward to your return! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel But ?"
Hotel was beautiful and the hotel staff were wonderful but there was no resturants near by and you had to go across to find a place to eat. It would have been nice if there were some resturants closer to the hotel.
Response by Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Dear Edpcoulter, Thank you for reviewing your stay. I’m so pleased to hear you felt the hotel was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. There is no need to leave the hotel in order to find a good restaurant. Our Madison Street Diner has the best food and service around! We also serve our full menu in our Blues bar Uncle Bo’s and in our Maddie’s Lounge as well as room service. Next time you stay with us, please give our diner a try! Sincerely, Daniel Sheridan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013