All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here52890 State Rt 933 N, South Bend, IN, 46637, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A little dated but comfortable."
Overall, I was happy with the stay. It's easy to tell the hotel is older, but it has been updated with flat screen tv, dishwasher/fridge, and the remote to control AC/Heat was very helpful. Shower controls and pressure could have been better. Decent free breakfast with lots of choices. Indoor and outdoor pools available, but I didn't use either.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Alan
"Fair Value"
The lodge is somewhat sprawling with six or seven different sections. It's older but fairly well maintained. The free breakfast is more continental in that there are no hot options and the choices are limited. Fair value for the money
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"Clean hotel, cloudy pool"
overall a nice hotel, clean rooms, the pool had way too much chlorine in it. I would recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
"Over night in the shadows of TD Jesus"
good location but the property looks tired. I can imagine it's hoppy in the fall on game weekends. The bed mattress would be better described as a hammock as there was little to no support. The best part was two open and empty cans of tuna on our patio table. Either the previous guests were feed a hurd of cats or they were very thrifty with the dollar. Regardless - I shouldn't have to clean it up!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
"Relative in Hospital"
I moved here from another hotel because it was closer to South Bend Memorial and the price. My first observation is that this is a 1950's Motor Lodge which they have done a good job of updating it to more modern preferences. The walkways have been enclosed and they have built hallways between the buildings to give it the feel of being one big complex with a garden area in the center. Because the weather was so cold, the hallways to the pool were very chilly, even though the heaters were set to 90 in the hallways. The hot tub has a hole in the liner so the concrete under it is eroding, the "sand" needed to be cleaned out (they did this the 2nd day, there was more "sand" the next day). The room itself was dated but clean. I did have to go down to the front desk and have them explain to me what the symbols on the remote control for the heater meant, the giggle from the staff member made me think I'm not the first guest that had problems with it. Breakfast was a cold breakfast, no hot food, but the "cook" was very proud of the fresh muffins and breads she served.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Melinda
"Sucks!"
The pool was not clean at all. Didn't have enough towels and wad rags in my room. Staff wss rude. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone! The hallway smelled like mold. My window in my room faced a wall! My kids were highly disappointed!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Review"
The hotel was good. We has no issues with the room. The only issue I had was that what they described as breakfast to me was really a continental breakfast (no hot food). This would have been fine except the coffee was so weak that it was not drinkable. This of course meant for us that the continental breakfast was not worth eating with no drinkable coffee to go with the pastries.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Darlene
"Would not stay here again."
The staff was helpful. The pool, hot tub and surrounding area were very dirty. I had to disappoint my children by not allowing them to swim. There were dirty towels everywhere. The water in the pool and hot tub both were mucky and gross and not clear to see through. The hotel is dated but our room was very nice. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Entrance door lock to keep out non-guests was broken so anybody could walk in. Breakfast supplied was a joke. Not worth the price they were charging.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"What, no restaurant on certain days now?"
I always stay there for the restaurant and bar onsite. BUT now they are not open all week! It was a disappointment that I had to leave and travel somewhere else for dinner. It was very cold, snowy and windy and sure would have liked to stay in.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Noisy heat system"
We stayed twice. First time the heating system was broken, so we were moved to a different room. The heat worked, but it was unbelievably noisy. The second time we stayed, the heat system was much quieter. Other than that, the hotel was pleasant enough. It was quiet, the beds were fine, pillows fine.
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
coren e
"Okay!"
The hotel was very nice and clean but the pools heater went out and the hot tubs jets went out. Also my room was located upstairs and it was freezing cold temperatures walking through the hallways. Other than that, our stay was great!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
JANAE
"Great staff"
I had some special requests for our valentines getaway. The hotel staff was great and helpful. I was a little disappointed that the pool/hot tub were not working properly but it was a great stay! Thanks to a great staff
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
jason
"Our first night away from our 5 month old"
Issues from the hotel: a dirty wash cloth was left on the curtain rod in our bathroom(we didn't see it until the morning). The "free breakfast" consisted of a few English muffins, bagels, and a bowl of fruit. If anything else was available we didn't see it. The outside door by our room slammed all night and the "queen bed" was not queen sized. It was almost like a standard sized bed. Issues from guests: There was a large dog running up and down the hallway barking until 12:30 in the morning until I called the front desk. The little girls next door were up and screeching at 7:30. In the morning, the dog injured his tail somehow and had sprayed blood on both sides of the hallway. Someone decided to have a birthday party with a bunch of rambunctious kids that weekend, as well. Pros: We didn't meet a single unfriendly staff member. Everyone was very accommodating. We did ask for a room that was in a quiet area, but unfortunately it was two double beds. We opted for the queen room, but regret it due to above reasons. This hotel was a good value overall. There was a Dunkin' Donuts and a Starbucks across the street. Cons: This is not a "fancy" hotel, and the hallways and entryways have a "motel" feel. The room was nice but a little shabby. Although we did not ask (and would not have asked) for any compensation for the issues mentioned, the lady checking us out said she was able to do something for other guests who had complained, but not us since we booked online.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Nicole
"fun time"
Second stay, a little more relaxing. Enjoyed the bend for drinks and karaoke on Saturday night with friendly crowd and chatted with manager and staff, all friendly and helpful. Only draw back, would like two queen beds, but fold out chair gave us a little extra sleeping space. We'll be back.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Angie
"Stay in South Bend"
great
3 night family trip Jan 14, 2015
Walter
"great stay will stay there again"
Bartender was extremely nice too
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
ronald
"peaceful"
Love the staff Debbie in the front desk and the room sevice personal .- a peaceful place to enjoy
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Carlos J
"Great service"
We needed a quick booking because of an emergency. There was a blizzard that night. The door to the hotel was frozen, but they pried it open. Service and the staff are excellent and friendly. Everyone was very helpful. We woul return anytime.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"Notre Dame weekend"
We had a great stay at the hotel. We did wonder about how few people were staying there for such a huge facility.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Jackie
Came to town for a 3-day long swim meet held at the University of Notre Dame. Brought my wife and two children. Took advantage of the pool and hot tub. Did some shopping at the mall and frequented a couple of the many eating establishments.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Benjamin
We've stayed here before & the price is always very reasonable. The rooms are comfortable, clean & the staff are always really nice.
"Passing through."
Advertising pictures look nice but are deceiving. Exterior has been remodeled but has been poorly cared for. The room itself was in better shape and clean.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"nice staff not so nice facility"
Online pictures are very missleading. The lady at the front desk was great. Super nice and helpful. The rooms had been redecorated nicely, but the facility itself is old, tired, and run-down. We specifically took our grandkids for the pool. It had enough chlorine to choke a horse, peeling paint, and a hot tub full of suds. A full breakfast is included on your site, but it is now a continental. That was very good. We will not be returning.
Connie
Very nice accommodations ... staff friendly and helpful
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Second time around"
This was our 2nd time staying here. The rate offered was great. It was nice and quiet when going to sleep. We were disappointed that the nice, hot, breakfast was changed to a simple continental breakfast. For the most part, would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Dee
"South Bend"
room was very nice for most part, bathroom could use some maintinence.
1 night business trip Dec 26, 2014
"Overnight stay only!"
Its not a bad place to stay provided it is only overnight. We've stayed there a number of times now (only overnight each time) and the biggest issue is their plumbing. The room we had this time was the worst so far. If you are taller than 5'5'' you will have to at least stoop if not kneel. The sink also sprayed water from under the faucet on the counter. Their food in the hotel isn't the greatest either. They also seem to be in a constant state of remodeling.
1 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
"Clean and safe"
Clean and safe but there's no elevator so if you're on the second floor you'll have to brag your own luggage up the stairs. Older facility but updated and clean.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2014
"Review"
a Nice one night stay. Was disappointed that the restaurant was closed.
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
I enjoyed the whole experience. Great staff. Awesome room. Warm pool. The hotels morning cook went out of her way for us. The front desk lady helped us out with maps and a printer. I'll probably be back this summer.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Dana
"a will do one night hotel"
The front desk is very helpful, but mind your belongings in your car. Breakfast does not have a good selections. what get what you pay for.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
chingwah
"Really enjoyed Waterford and I'd go back"
We had a weekend party with friends starting Friday night in South Bend and needed a place for Thursday night. I looked over the available motels on the web and noticed that some looked great and were giving away their rooms because Notre Dame's football season was over. Waterford looked real good on the websites and the reviews were very positive, so I figured we would give it a shot. A great decision. The room was nicely-appointed, clean and spacious. Front desk was helpful and courteous. The motel itself is well-maintained, with a beautiful restaurant, the Bend, which looked all spiffed up and candle-lit for the holidays. The pool and its surroundings were clean and the hot tub was terrific. Beds were clean and comfortable. In short, a great room at a great price and yes, I would go back on my next visit to South Bend.
1 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
"Very Good"
VERY GOOD
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
RICHARD
"Good stay for a family weekend"
All in all it was a good stay. I did find that the small glasses were not clean when I went to use one for my drink. I just cleaned it myself in the bathroom sink. The comfort was nice and location exactly what we were looking for.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Melanie
"extremely let down!!"
We stayed for our wedding night, the room was much smaller then other hotel chains. The door to get into the hotel was a pain because the key reader was defective. Our bed had a huge dip in it and was horribly uncomfortable. To top off our stay the cleaning lady walked into our room in the morning!! We were in bed, this was at 10 a.m., check out is 11. There is no excuse for that to ever happen! I would never stay at this hotel again, and I will be sure to let my friends know as well!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Denise
"Great stay :)"
I greatly enjoyed my stay, the service was great, the people were nice, and the hotel room looked amazing... the only thing was the window was to hallway and that was a little disappointing because it would have been nice to be able to look outside. I also brought my dog and the hotel was very accommodating putting me close to an outside door.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Holly
The hotel was great! Went on a Notre Dame game weekend and with as much that was going on everyone was very pleasant. Was also nice that they had a shuttle that went from the hotel to the campus. I liked that I didn't have to deal with all the traffic after the game was over. Great weekend, nice hotel, and also was able to get a very good hot breakfast before doing anything.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Liisa
It is a non-smoking facility but most of the hallways smelled like smoke. We turned our heater on and our room quickly smelled like cigarette smoke. It was an outdoor motel with walls put up to make it into an indoor "lodge". We've stayed in worse but the room itself was really nice looking, except for the shower was for a really short person.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
G.
"Overnight Stay"
I have stayed at this hotel in the past. The customer service is always top notch!
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Ok place to stay close to campus"
The staff very friendly and welcoming. Coffee and cookies in lobby. Dinning room and bar good service and food, reasonably priced. Full breakfast included with stay. I thought room would be larger, had small refrigerator and microwave, with cabinets and small counter space. Flat screen tv, free in room wifi. Expensive, two night stay for college football game weekend. Offered shuttle service to football game for additional price per person.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Ginger
"Notre Dame Trip"
Good Times - certainly convenient to Notre Dame
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
deborah
Nice hotel. Not great. Staff was excellent. Room avg to slightly above avg. mattress way to soft. Food at bar/restaurant just ok.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice rooms"
We loved our room. It was very clean and roomy. The only negative was that the bathroom air vent did not work. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
"Stay"
Just ok - no hot water at night.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
"Housekeeping issues"
Housekeeping was not good. Did not clean our bathroom at all. Did not leave clean glasses for us. Also I think the hotel itself is rather rundown looking. Tha staff was very nice, very friendly, and extremely helpful and accommodating.
Debi from IL
"Non-football weekend in South Bend, IN"
A dated hotel, but room was clean. Closet space to hang-up clothing is small/limited.
Ken
I had a very nice experience. The hotel staff were polite, courteous, and accommodating. My stay was most pleasant.
"Good price, Good hotel."
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and very good. Will stay there again when in South Bend. Location was central to all the places I needed to be at.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Dee
"good"
The beds could use some updating
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
thomas
"Friendly and helpful staff."
I needed a 1) pet friendly hotel and 2) a place to park my uhaul trailer with a car in tow. I happened to arrive in a heavy snow storm with temps in the low 20s, so was happy to get to my heated room. Service was great and I ended up eating dinner at The Bend, the attached restaurant since I didn't want to drive the trailer around town to get food. The restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere- like a place I would want to go regularly. Very friendly vibe. Front desk staff were helpful and directed to me to where I could park my trailer and it was close to my room. My room exited to the outdoor parking lot, I suspect because I had my dog with me, as most were indoor. (The pet fee of $30 per animal is better than some places I've been but the 'per pet' part could make it pricey.) The bed was comfy and I could control the temp in the room easily (and it was quiet). The breakfast is pretty much a huge variety of pastries, your standard cereal option and,at least the day I was there, terrible and weak coffee. I need real food in the morning but tried the coffee just to get me on the road and ended up abandoning it and heading elsewhere (and I'm not a coffee snob at all).
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014