All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
52890 State Rt 933 N, South Bend, IN, 46637, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

building was dated and needs repairs the outside, but we had a good stay because we were able to sit on the patios and watch the kids swim. I think if the patios were not available, we would have been miserable. The breakfast was not good at all. the staff was super nice
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
We were in town for a funeral. They let us have a late check out because the funeral was at 11 am. CLEAN rooms. Comfortable beds. Sunday brunch had more food than Monday but was still plenty. Great coffee, A+++. Friendly staff. Easy access to I-80/I-90. Close to lots of resturants. WiFi was fast enough for my emails and Facebook. We are retired Air Force and have stayed in many hotels. This is top on our list.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Staff was friendly and professional, but..."
Staff was friendly and professional. Parking was easy. Kitchenette was very nice. But the Waterford Estates Lodge is basically a deteriorating, rambling motel that has been partially enclosed. Pools were cold, murky, and very green. Breakfast was barely edible (we chose not to eat the free breakfast 2 of 3 days of our stay because it was that bad). Air condition unit was loud and bathrooms were in bad need or updating.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
everything was nice buy dinette chairs needed to be cleaned.other wise our stay was great.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Robin
"So-so hotel...just stay out of bar."
the hotel was older and not well maintained (wasn't bad just appeared understaffed in maint.). went to bar and ordered a shot of Makers Mark whiskey and it was mostly water and almost no whiskey...I ordered it straight and didn't need a chaser...for $8.00, my fiance's vodka and cranberry was also mostly water and very little vodka. Complimentary breakfast was very good, hotel accepts pets but doesn't seem to enforce barking rules after 10:00pm was kept up both nights by yapping dogs down hall. price was good but I probably will pay more for closer hotel to my destination next time.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
daniel
"Nice Hotel For The Price"
The outside of this hotel is very deceiving. Doesn't look like much on the outside and WOW..you get a wonderful surprise when you walk in. Its very comfortable and nice on the inside! Staff was wonderful. I will definitely stay here next time in town.
6 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Russell
"family reunion"
Was very disappointed that the hot tub and indoor pool was one to cold and the other not working.
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
ethel
"A value room at a value price"
Our trip to South Bend was a quick get out of the city type trip so when looking for a hotel we were more concerned with cost than overall quality. The Waterford is run down, but it appears that they are updating or fixing up quite a few rooms. Our room was good sized, had a comfortable bed, and clean sheets. It also had serious signs of water damage to the walls, soda bottle lids from a previous guest, and an odd neighbor who kept his room door ajar. For the price we paid and what we were looking for the Waterford Estates hit the mark. For extended stays or trips where you might spend more time in the room I would look elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Shane
"okay"
decent hotel but it was a little dirty and outdated. Good location, so I would say it's an okay hotel to stay out
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Staff were very friendly. Rooms were renovated with updated flat screen TV, furniture, appliances, and countertops. Our mattress was soft and the tub had some mold around the edges. Given the price, the room was a great value.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Almost missed it, Sits behind another tall hotel. Hotel was in good condition. Thought room next to ours was going to be noisy, but turned out to be fine. Continental breakfast was marginal. Nothing hot that I noticed. Overall was a good stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
charles
"Nice Surprise."
It was above my expectations. A real deal for the price. The only comment was a need for new carpets in the hallways.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Joel
Rough condition overall. This property needs a substantial overhaul. Not a lot of restaurants close by either. The bathroom was on the dirty side and a piece of plumbing was lying on the back of the sink when we arrived.
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Nice room, but not great amenities"
The room was very nice, and the clerk was gracious and let me check in early. It was disappointing that the hot tub was broken. Not only did my companion and I miss the opportunity to enjoy it, but it also gave the hotel a seedy feel. The pool hours were quite limiting, considering check-in/check-out times, so I didn't get to use either pool. Since there's no lifeguard on duty, I don't understand why they aren't available in the mornings or past 10 p.m. The lobby was decent, and the pub area where breakfast is held was nice. However, the parking lot in the back where I parked was dirty and felt like an alley. My other complaint is the breakfast. There were very limited options for anyone with food restrictions like me (no gluten). At least you had yogurt, and a few pieces of fruit (not anything that could be added to the yogurt, though--only apples and oranges). The coffee was worse than instant and basically flavorless. Overall, though, it served my needs and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room, too. We had no idea how to use the fancy sound system, but would have investigated it if there were more time. Nice place for $100 + tax.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Reasonable for the Price"
The room was average, but very quiet, which I liked, but the overall hotel was very tired and run down looking it could really benefit from a face lift of some kind. In addition, the hotel staff, while professional and efficient were not really friendly at all.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Good value for price."
Room was larger than I thought. Comfortable and good pub restaraunt in house
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Very dissapointed"
Nothing works. Hot tub, heater for pool. Room smelled. did not do a good job cleaning.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Near the Airport"
Overnight stay to catch the 6am commuter train to Chicago. Great value!
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
Pedro
"Needs work"
Odor in hallways, room acceptable, bathtub needs work
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Stephen
"Great night sleep"
Great place just up from the University of Notre Dame. With some small upgrades this would be an even better hotel. Hotel staff were super friendly and helpful. Beds were super comfy and as someone with a bad back that is the deal sealer for me. Overall look and feel of hotel was good. Sadly the carpet was pretty gross in our room, definitely needs to be replaced or cleaned really well. Overall the room was good & quiet. Fit our needs for a one night stay. Would recommend & would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"Pretty disappointing stay !"
Our room was good but they put us on the 2nd floor & there is no elevator & we had a lot of luggage & clothes to carry up. Then, our room was the very last room as far as you could go ! ! They did offer us a rm on the 1st floor but we would of had to take it all back down & all of those stairs ! We always look forward to getting in the hot tub & of course it was broke down & the pool outside didn't even have any water in it ! The breakfast was so so. All in all we would never stay here again. The biggest complaint is that when I made the reservation 7 wks b4 we even arrived, they put it right on our credit card ! ! Not very cool !
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"SouthBendRaces"
Convenient indoor pool.
3 night trip Jun 1, 2015
"Rooms look nice, but hotel was not"
The hotel does a hold on your credit card in the amount of your whole stay (3 days) plus $50 over for a deposit. They will not take cash, you have to use your card. I learned the hard way. The front desk was not very personable. The pool was not cleaned regularly. Definitely would not stay there again.
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Nice enough, but need new mattresses"
We stayed here during the off season-school was not in session-so there was nobody there. It was very strange. There wasn't much available-restaurant was closed, hot tub was drained and no ice in the ice machine. Still, the room was clean and lovely, but the mattress was old and created a crevasse in the middle. They really need to replace the mattresses. The Bose sound system in the room was a big plus.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Jana
"Waterford South Bend"
Getting a little dated. Weekends filled with kids running wild in halls. Breakfast not "breakfast". Should list as continental or limited. Should state if pool and hot tub is open or not.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Hugh
"Not a 4 star hotel"
The first room stunk so bad I had to get another room. The second room was a little nicer the carpet was dirty and the stool didn't work the tank wouldn't get enough water in it to flush. So we had to fill the tank every time we used the stool. The bar wasn't open and they said on line hot breakfast turned out to be only cold. They did give me half my money back. We will never stay there again they rated it a 4 star and it's only a 2 star.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Notre Dame"
Great staff! Clean and comfortable. Only negative was in door pool/hot tub was not available. Hidden Gem of a place.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Pamela
We enjoyed our stay and had a very comfortable night.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Jeanne
"PERFECT STAY"
IT WAS PERFECT
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
MELBA
"Good value."
My husband and I had stayed at the Waterford Estates twice in the past when we traveled to South Bend to visit family. We appreciated its closeness to the Notre Dame campus, where we liked to go for a morning run. We also were impressed by the full breakfasts that were offered. We were disappointed to discover on this recent visit that the hotel now offers only a continental breakfast. Nevertheless, we would chose to stay there again on a future visit. The staff members were all very welcoming and accommodating, the rooms are comfortable and well-stocked with amenities and towels, and the indoor pool and hot tub a very welcome perk--all in all, a very good value.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Victoria
"Waterford Hotel"
Stayed 2 nights and accommodations were very comfortable. Room was clean, staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay again
2 night business trip May 7, 2015
Craig
"Weekend stay"
Stay was ok, no elevator though, hotel is old, pool did not look welcoming at all.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Need good eyesight"
The hotel layout is like a maze; it is a hodgepodge of buildings. The room was fine except for the awful lighting. Luckily I had the light of my computer/IPAD to able to read in bed. The continental breakfast was mediocre, but that was expected. But it is a fine place to stay if you are visiting the South Bend area.Poo
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Terri
I don't want to waste time writing a review. I enjoyed 100% of my stay. This is a bad requirement. If you want my feedback, don't require me to explain myself if I don't want to. I rated everything at "5", enough said.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"A little dated but comfortable."
Overall, I was happy with the stay. It's easy to tell the hotel is older, but it has been updated with flat screen tv, dishwasher/fridge, and the remote to control AC/Heat was very helpful. Shower controls and pressure could have been better. Decent free breakfast with lots of choices. Indoor and outdoor pools available, but I didn't use either.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Alan
"Fair Value"
The lodge is somewhat sprawling with six or seven different sections. It's older but fairly well maintained. The free breakfast is more continental in that there are no hot options and the choices are limited. Fair value for the money
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Room was small. Old decor. Poor service in bar. Way overpriced for what you get. The entire place needs updating. Carpet was really dirty.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
We really enjoyed our stay. We were in a suite and was very comfortable there. We also enjoyed having the pub and food right on the site. If i had one criticism it would be that their continental breakfast was lacking and should be made in to a better experience by adding things such as eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, waffles etc..
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Judith
"Clean hotel, cloudy pool"
overall a nice hotel, clean rooms, the pool had way too much chlorine in it. I would recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
I checked in and upon seeing the conditions of the room, as well as the hotel in general, I checked out and went to another hotel. Room and hotel was not clean, very small rooms. Carpet stained, bathroom dirty, very difficult to access my room without considerable walking and driving.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Disappointing"
Showed up to check in and they wouldn't except cash. Had to have a credit card for "incidentals". Took our cash and went to a different hotel. Won't ever return to this hotel.
"Over night in the shadows of TD Jesus"
good location but the property looks tired. I can imagine it's hoppy in the fall on game weekends. The bed mattress would be better described as a hammock as there was little to no support. The best part was two open and empty cans of tuna on our patio table. Either the previous guests were feed a hurd of cats or they were very thrifty with the dollar. Regardless - I shouldn't have to clean it up!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
"Relative in Hospital"
I moved here from another hotel because it was closer to South Bend Memorial and the price. My first observation is that this is a 1950's Motor Lodge which they have done a good job of updating it to more modern preferences. The walkways have been enclosed and they have built hallways between the buildings to give it the feel of being one big complex with a garden area in the center. Because the weather was so cold, the hallways to the pool were very chilly, even though the heaters were set to 90 in the hallways. The hot tub has a hole in the liner so the concrete under it is eroding, the "sand" needed to be cleaned out (they did this the 2nd day, there was more "sand" the next day). The room itself was dated but clean. I did have to go down to the front desk and have them explain to me what the symbols on the remote control for the heater meant, the giggle from the staff member made me think I'm not the first guest that had problems with it. Breakfast was a cold breakfast, no hot food, but the "cook" was very proud of the fresh muffins and breads she served.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Melinda
"No thanks"
It seemed like a nice place, but it's very large and spread out and there were only about 5 cars in the parking lot. Walking around the place It felt like I was on the set of "The Shining". We checked in late and tired and were given a room way in the back, upstairs (no elevator). The room we got had two double beds and was about 100 degrees. The girl who checked us in knew it was me and my wife, and I never thought to ask about the room. I walked the long walk back to the front desk and asked if she had another room with a king or even queen bed. She gave me another key card and this room smelled like a dirty ashtray - freshly smoked in. I walked back to the front again and asked for another room This one was ok, but the bed was only a queen and it is the first time in many years my wife and I have shared a queen bed. Not much sleep. The next couple of days, when the reality of just how empty the hotel was and that we were in one of the most far away upstairs rooms, my wife became extremely unhappy. The morning continental breakfast was not to our liking. We ate out all three days we were there. I need to book 3 rooms for 3 nights coming up in a couple of months, and my wife has already told me I will not consider this hotel, ever.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
thomas
"Needs lots of work."
It looks like they are updating some of the hotel. Our room was dusty. Not the counters but on the doors and in the hallways. The door leading to our floor from the parking lot had a broken door lock and dirty floors. The hot tub was dirty and we were not able to take a shower. The water was ice cold or too hot. When I complained about the shower the response was " oh, that happened to me when I stay one night too". .what?
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
beth
Everything was fine. I would stay there again. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Sucks!"
The pool was not clean at all. Didn't have enough towels and wad rags in my room. Staff wss rude. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone! The hallway smelled like mold. My window in my room faced a wall! My kids were highly disappointed!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Never again will I stay here"
I had the worst experience here. It was 11:30pm and the people in the room next to me was being so loud plus I could smell smoke. I complained the next day and got moved to another room. That room was not good either. I went to take a shower just to see someone elses hair in the shower plus the tub was backed up.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Nice Getaway!"
My boyfriend and I stayed just for a weekend getaway. The price was reasonable and they served a great continental breakfast! The Bend was a good place to relax and have a nice dinner and drinks. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were adequate. Location was very convenient to campus. Definitely would stay again!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Lori
"Review"
The hotel was good. We has no issues with the room. The only issue I had was that what they described as breakfast to me was really a continental breakfast (no hot food). This would have been fine except the coffee was so weak that it was not drinkable. This of course meant for us that the continental breakfast was not worth eating with no drinkable coffee to go with the pastries.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015