All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here52890 State Rt 933 N, South Bend, IN, 46637, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Ok place to stay close to campus"
The staff very friendly and welcoming. Coffee and cookies in lobby. Dinning room and bar good service and food, reasonably priced. Full breakfast included with stay. I thought room would be larger, had small refrigerator and microwave, with cabinets and small counter space. Flat screen tv, free in room wifi. Expensive, two night stay for college football game weekend. Offered shuttle service to football game for additional price per person.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Ginger
"Notre Dame Trip"
Good Times - certainly convenient to Notre Dame
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
deborah
Nice hotel. Not great. Staff was excellent. Room avg to slightly above avg. mattress way to soft. Food at bar/restaurant just ok.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice rooms"
We loved our room. It was very clean and roomy. The only negative was that the bathroom air vent did not work. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
"Stay"
Just ok - no hot water at night.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
"Housekeeping issues"
Housekeeping was not good. Did not clean our bathroom at all. Did not leave clean glasses for us. Also I think the hotel itself is rather rundown looking. Tha staff was very nice, very friendly, and extremely helpful and accommodating.
Debi from IL
"Non-football weekend in South Bend, IN"
A dated hotel, but room was clean. Closet space to hang-up clothing is small/limited.
Ken
I had a very nice experience. The hotel staff were polite, courteous, and accommodating. My stay was most pleasant.
"Good price, Good hotel."
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and very good. Will stay there again when in South Bend. Location was central to all the places I needed to be at.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Dee
"good"
The beds could use some updating
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
thomas
"Friendly and helpful staff."
I needed a 1) pet friendly hotel and 2) a place to park my uhaul trailer with a car in tow. I happened to arrive in a heavy snow storm with temps in the low 20s, so was happy to get to my heated room. Service was great and I ended up eating dinner at The Bend, the attached restaurant since I didn't want to drive the trailer around town to get food. The restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere- like a place I would want to go regularly. Very friendly vibe. Front desk staff were helpful and directed to me to where I could park my trailer and it was close to my room. My room exited to the outdoor parking lot, I suspect because I had my dog with me, as most were indoor. (The pet fee of $30 per animal is better than some places I've been but the 'per pet' part could make it pricey.) The bed was comfy and I could control the temp in the room easily (and it was quiet). The breakfast is pretty much a huge variety of pastries, your standard cereal option and,at least the day I was there, terrible and weak coffee. I need real food in the morning but tried the coffee just to get me on the road and ended up abandoning it and heading elsewhere (and I'm not a coffee snob at all).
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"New gem"
years ago we walked out of this hotel, now we can't wait to come back and have already recommended it to family in that area. the breakfast isn't a hot breakfast, but it's still good. the restaurant is beautiful, and the shrimp appetizer was awesome. started during the week and had the pool to ourselves. our room was great too. we'll be back.
2 night trip Nov 11, 2014
"Satisfied with the hotel for the rate paid"
We picked this hotel because of the great rate and strong ratings. Everything regarding the hotel was okay but I would possibly opt elsewhere in the future when traveling with family. The room was definitely cleaned but some cleaning or dirty towels were left hanging in the shower. Staff promptly took care of them. Breakfast was truly continental - muffins, cereal, pastries, fruit, not like some other hotels' free hot breakfast. The pool setup was great for the kids (5, 4, 2yrs) - it had this small 1-foot section, then the larger section went from 3-5'; hot tub as well. But the chlorine/chemical was so strong it completely faded out a swimsuit of mine that I've had for years.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Old but comfy"
Old rambling hotel. Hallways ragged. Room very nice-- comfortable & clean. Small kitchenette a convenience. Low occupancy on Nov. 1. Busy area with several discount hotels along the strip. Walk up to 2nd floor. Breakfast buffet in old world bar restaurant nice. Attractive interior courtyard. Courtious service.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2014
"We would definately stay again"
We were pleasantly surprised at how undated the rooms were, and the beds (2 doubles) were so comfortable. There were enough pillows, which were also comfortable. We only have two complaints ... no elevator service to the second floor, but we fortunately were on the first floor and our heater/AC unit did not work. We reported it the first night and were assured that we would be compensated and a work order would be made. The second night, the unit had not been repaired and on check out, we found out that no note had been made of the situation and the compensation. We were given a lower refund on the two nights, and hopefully a work order has been submitted. Fortunately, our room was a comfortable temperature, and there are wonderful comforters available.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
susan
Nice room. Offset a little from the road to avoid traffic noise. Nice breakfast included.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Beautifully updated, great price. Fairly large, two story hotel - can be a little tricky to navigate, hang on to the map that is provided. Will stay again!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Stacy
"short stay traveling through"
Just a quick over-nighter, but exactly what we needed. Clean, comfortable and close to the freeway. The staff was friendly and efficient. Not there long enough to give any other info.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel."
Outstanding service,comfortable room and great breakfast.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Nice facility. Rooms very nice. Put bacon on the morning breakfast and you'll get 5's
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Rob
The location and the overnight price were great. The free breakfast was more than just the standard pastries/toast that some hotels provide.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Very comfortable stay"
This was our second stay at Waterford and we were very pleased (again) with the experience. our room was perfectly situated for our needs with the laundry and fitness center located nearby, and access to our car very convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on our next visit to the area.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"My stay at Waterford Estates Lodge"
My family enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was good and the servers did a wonderful job. Room was neat as well. I'll be sure to visit again.
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Roxanne
"Convenience, Friendly and Affordable"
I enjoyed my stay immensely - comfortable, friendly and convenient to where I needed to be!
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
laura
"Just what was needed"
Had a brief getaway to S. Bend to visit family. Got a great rate at the hotel (not a home-game weekend), staff was friendly and location was perfect-centrally located, close to restaurants and coffee shops, shopping and sites. Room was clean with just some old water damage in bathroom that was painted over. Saw a rag propping open a door in a hallway-no biggy. Restaurant downstairs was cozy and staff was very friendly and accommodating. We only had drinks there in evening, so other than continental breakfast in mornings can't comment on food. All in all would stay there again.
4 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Stefanie Poorman
"Needs a Major Facelift"
This hotel is terrible! I don't know how it got a "4" in reviews. There is no way this hotel can be anything more than a 1. The room smelled musty and was very dirty. There was a film of dust covering everything, as if it hadn't been used in a while. The decor was outdated and the sheets and towels were worn. I am not particularly picky, but this room literally grossed me out. At check-in and check out the clerk barely looked at me, never asked how the room was. I couln't wait to get out of there.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
"Too Many Things are Wrong!!"
First the gentelman checking in said no, because I have 5 kids (split between 2 rooms). Next, the rooms had fleas so bad that we left with our legs raw around our ankles. Then, one of the rooms did not have a remote. If you have kids you will understand why this is a problem. Finally, the room next to us was loud half the night. I called the office and complained, they spoke with them, however they still made noise and woke up three of my kids.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Kristy
"Business trip"
It was awesome!!! Top notch!!! Everyone was so friendly!!!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
jeff
overall a very good place to stay and very close to the venue . Only problem was the water pressure in the shower could have been alittle better. I still would stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Drip drip"
There was the sound of water dripping on something all night. This made sleeping impossible so I was rest broken for the trip home. The rooms were clean and comfortable but the dripping noise spoiled my stay.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
Ronald
"Close to campus, friendly staff, yummy breakfast!"
One mile up Michigan from campus with a game day shuttle ($12 per person round trip) and great hot breakfast. Indoor pool for the kids! Hot tub was broken :( Comfortable and spacious rooms. Friendly, welcoming, and very accommodating staff!
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Convenient access to downtown South Bend."
Chose this hotel for "price" - sight unseen. Wasn't sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised by the property, amenities, and the condition of all. Great experience.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Close to town"
It was OK, but not good. The hotel is in need of a great deal of refurbishing!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Good intentions fall short, felt gouged on rate."
This is an old Ramada Inn that has been purchased, and the owners are obviously trying to "upscale" the property to give it a "country inn" flavor. Their efforts are applauded, but fall a bit short. The rooms are decent, although the layout is a bit strange with a lot of wasted space in their entryway, and no real closet space. Ceilings in the bathroom are very low, we had to duck to get under the shower head. On a normal night, the rates would be equitable to the room experience. We, however, chose an ND football weekend, and the quadruple rate was definitely gouging for the experience.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"easy to find on main route"
would stay again.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"ND Game"
Came for ND game weekend. Room was relatively clean and breakfast was great. Only complaints I had were: low water pressure, hot water was rusty red color, and rooms are poorly lit.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, convenient"
Very pleasing-would stay again
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Jerry
"great stay"
Felt safe although the lighting outside was poor and need improved. Great place to stay. Will stay again on next business trip to area
3 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
amy
"Nice Hotel....Go Irish"
Spent two nights here for an ND game. Rates were high, but it was an ND game weekend. Front desk staff was great and very friendly. Rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped. Water pressure in shower is a little weak, but that would be nitpicking. Hotel layout takes a little getting used to and hallways are a little dark. They have a restaurant on site. Service was good, took care of a mix up, no problem and food was better than I expected considering the venue. Prime rib was a pleasant surprise for the price. They have a great breakfast buffet included, which helps with the pricing. Restaurant manager was really great and staff was pleasant and seemed really happy to serve us. If I ever get back to South Bend...I'd come back.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
JB
"Hotel was okay. It needs some work."
Seems someone is letting it fall apart. It's a good place just needs some maintenance. The magnetic door openers do not work. I got caught and had to walk around the entire building thru the lobby to get back into my room. I find this to be a real safety issue and aggravating. The frig didn't work either. They had marble tops on tables and sinks, very nice. Bedding was good. I'm personally not crazy about these beds with sponge on the top but it worked. The hotel did make monetary restitution for my inconvenience and were very nice about it. All in all it was an okay place. The menu could use a few more choices but what I ate was good.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Patty
"Nice inner city hotel."
My bride and I enjoyed our short stay, but will return again.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Good service, lots of amenities"
I stayed here just passing through driving from NYC to MPLS. So far the best place I've found along the road for the rates, and it's in a nice area with lots of food options. Will stay again for sure.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Laurel
Very clean and updates done well. Staff was super friendly. Highly recommended
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Char
wonderful experience! will stay here again. zero complaints
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Adequate, but not nice"
We stayed here because it was 3 stars, but really it should be rated 2. Several of our friends were in town for the wedding too and their 3 star hotels were much nicer. The staff was friendly enough, but nothing extraordinary. The hotel feels old and out of date--no place to hang out in the lobby. There is one ice machine outside toward the back of the property so they have a huge open cooler full of ice (and water) up front for guests to dip their bucket into if they don't want to walk all the way to the machine. Gross. The room was fine, but the space was weird and not used very well. It looks like they did some remodeling in the late 90's and put big built in closets that take up a lot of space and have unusable storage. The closet was absolutely tiny. It served it's purpose and was fine, but would not stay again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Waterford Lodge"
At one time the Lodge might have been a 3 star location. Having sofas in the public areas that are all torn up, an outside door that does not close correctly because the stairway ends and starts right at the door. A towel under a door that leads from a public area to the hall with the rooms and was leaving the door propped open for 3 days. We did not even go to the restaurant for the complimentary continental breakfast because we were not sure of the sanitation of the kitchen. The room was not unclean but seeing all the other areas we had our doubts as to how it was cleaned.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Bad mattress on bed hotel needs update but price was good
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Good rooms, but thats all"
My wife and I went there for our 1st anniversary since thats where we stayed the night of our wedding. The rooms are nice but everything else was pretty disappointing, for starters we went to the pool/hot tub area, we were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub after a long week at work only to find the hot tub was broken cause it was colder than the pool. Pool was a nice temp though. Then afterwards we were looking forward to going into the Pub restaurant on sight, only to find that its closed on sundays. So we had to dine and have some drinks elsewhere. Then to top it off we find out the next morning the continental breakfast is just horrible, just cereal and a few other cold options plus the coffee didnt taste that great either. So we went to have breakfast elsewhere. All and all the room was nice, but thats all this hotel had going for it. Definitely wont be returning.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Nick
"We felt like royalty"
This hotel is older, but has been well maintained and has staff that are truly dedicated to customer service. Everyone went the extra mile, including the manager who gave me her personal tea when there was none at breakfast! As I cannot drink any type of coffee, this made a great impression. The rooms are positively palatial, and decorated like an old English manor. The woodwork and furnishings (done by local Amish craftsmen) were exquisite. The beds were very comfortable and we also had a kitchen, desk, loveseat, large bathroom and built in plasma TV. An even bigger surprise was that the room had both interior and exterior doors. We used the the exterior door for loading luggage in and out of the room, and the interior one when it rained. There was plenty of parking for our truck and flatbed, and we were able to readily keep an eye on the flatbed with our 8 foot tall rockinghorse on it. We felt pampered like royalty and would gladly stay again if we are ever in the area.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
Katlinel the Rockinghorsegal
"Just what we needed"
This hotel provided my family and I the perfect location to be close to our family nearby. These rooms were good size, clean and we loved the armoire set up which included a mini fridge & microwave. The full breakfast service in the morning was very good. Would recommend this hotel to family & friends.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014