All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
52890 State Rt 933 N, South Bend, IN, 46637, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great service"
We needed a quick booking because of an emergency. There was a blizzard that night. The door to the hotel was frozen, but they pried it open. Service and the staff are excellent and friendly. Everyone was very helpful. We woul return anytime.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"Notre Dame weekend"
We had a great stay at the hotel. We did wonder about how few people were staying there for such a huge facility.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Jackie
Came to town for a 3-day long swim meet held at the University of Notre Dame. Brought my wife and two children. Took advantage of the pool and hot tub. Did some shopping at the mall and frequented a couple of the many eating establishments.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Benjamin
We've stayed here before & the price is always very reasonable. The rooms are comfortable, clean & the staff are always really nice.
"Passing through."
Advertising pictures look nice but are deceiving. Exterior has been remodeled but has been poorly cared for. The room itself was in better shape and clean.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"nice staff not so nice facility"
Online pictures are very missleading. The lady at the front desk was great. Super nice and helpful. The rooms had been redecorated nicely, but the facility itself is old, tired, and run-down. We specifically took our grandkids for the pool. It had enough chlorine to choke a horse, peeling paint, and a hot tub full of suds. A full breakfast is included on your site, but it is now a continental. That was very good. We will not be returning.
Connie
Very nice accommodations ... staff friendly and helpful
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Second time around"
This was our 2nd time staying here. The rate offered was great. It was nice and quiet when going to sleep. We were disappointed that the nice, hot, breakfast was changed to a simple continental breakfast. For the most part, would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Dee
"South Bend"
room was very nice for most part, bathroom could use some maintinence.
1 night business trip Dec 26, 2014
"Overnight stay only!"
Its not a bad place to stay provided it is only overnight. We've stayed there a number of times now (only overnight each time) and the biggest issue is their plumbing. The room we had this time was the worst so far. If you are taller than 5'5'' you will have to at least stoop if not kneel. The sink also sprayed water from under the faucet on the counter. Their food in the hotel isn't the greatest either. They also seem to be in a constant state of remodeling.
1 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
"Clean and safe"
Clean and safe but there's no elevator so if you're on the second floor you'll have to brag your own luggage up the stairs. Older facility but updated and clean.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2014
"Review"
a Nice one night stay. Was disappointed that the restaurant was closed.
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
I enjoyed the whole experience. Great staff. Awesome room. Warm pool. The hotels morning cook went out of her way for us. The front desk lady helped us out with maps and a printer. I'll probably be back this summer.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Dana
"a will do one night hotel"
The front desk is very helpful, but mind your belongings in your car. Breakfast does not have a good selections. what get what you pay for.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
chingwah
"Really enjoyed Waterford and I'd go back"
We had a weekend party with friends starting Friday night in South Bend and needed a place for Thursday night. I looked over the available motels on the web and noticed that some looked great and were giving away their rooms because Notre Dame's football season was over. Waterford looked real good on the websites and the reviews were very positive, so I figured we would give it a shot. A great decision. The room was nicely-appointed, clean and spacious. Front desk was helpful and courteous. The motel itself is well-maintained, with a beautiful restaurant, the Bend, which looked all spiffed up and candle-lit for the holidays. The pool and its surroundings were clean and the hot tub was terrific. Beds were clean and comfortable. In short, a great room at a great price and yes, I would go back on my next visit to South Bend.
1 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
"Very Good"
VERY GOOD
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
RICHARD
"Good stay for a family weekend"
All in all it was a good stay. I did find that the small glasses were not clean when I went to use one for my drink. I just cleaned it myself in the bathroom sink. The comfort was nice and location exactly what we were looking for.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Melanie
"extremely let down!!"
We stayed for our wedding night, the room was much smaller then other hotel chains. The door to get into the hotel was a pain because the key reader was defective. Our bed had a huge dip in it and was horribly uncomfortable. To top off our stay the cleaning lady walked into our room in the morning!! We were in bed, this was at 10 a.m., check out is 11. There is no excuse for that to ever happen! I would never stay at this hotel again, and I will be sure to let my friends know as well!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Denise
"Great stay :)"
I greatly enjoyed my stay, the service was great, the people were nice, and the hotel room looked amazing... the only thing was the window was to hallway and that was a little disappointing because it would have been nice to be able to look outside. I also brought my dog and the hotel was very accommodating putting me close to an outside door.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Holly
The hotel was great! Went on a Notre Dame game weekend and with as much that was going on everyone was very pleasant. Was also nice that they had a shuttle that went from the hotel to the campus. I liked that I didn't have to deal with all the traffic after the game was over. Great weekend, nice hotel, and also was able to get a very good hot breakfast before doing anything.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Liisa
It is a non-smoking facility but most of the hallways smelled like smoke. We turned our heater on and our room quickly smelled like cigarette smoke. It was an outdoor motel with walls put up to make it into an indoor "lodge". We've stayed in worse but the room itself was really nice looking, except for the shower was for a really short person.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
G.
"Overnight Stay"
I have stayed at this hotel in the past. The customer service is always top notch!
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Ok place to stay close to campus"
The staff very friendly and welcoming. Coffee and cookies in lobby. Dinning room and bar good service and food, reasonably priced. Full breakfast included with stay. I thought room would be larger, had small refrigerator and microwave, with cabinets and small counter space. Flat screen tv, free in room wifi. Expensive, two night stay for college football game weekend. Offered shuttle service to football game for additional price per person.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Ginger
"Notre Dame Trip"
Good Times - certainly convenient to Notre Dame
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
deborah
Nice hotel. Not great. Staff was excellent. Room avg to slightly above avg. mattress way to soft. Food at bar/restaurant just ok.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice rooms"
We loved our room. It was very clean and roomy. The only negative was that the bathroom air vent did not work. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
"Stay"
Just ok - no hot water at night.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
"Housekeeping issues"
Housekeeping was not good. Did not clean our bathroom at all. Did not leave clean glasses for us. Also I think the hotel itself is rather rundown looking. Tha staff was very nice, very friendly, and extremely helpful and accommodating.
Debi from IL
"Non-football weekend in South Bend, IN"
A dated hotel, but room was clean. Closet space to hang-up clothing is small/limited.
Ken
I had a very nice experience. The hotel staff were polite, courteous, and accommodating. My stay was most pleasant.
"Good price, Good hotel."
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and very good. Will stay there again when in South Bend. Location was central to all the places I needed to be at.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Dee
"good"
The beds could use some updating
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
thomas
"Friendly and helpful staff."
I needed a 1) pet friendly hotel and 2) a place to park my uhaul trailer with a car in tow. I happened to arrive in a heavy snow storm with temps in the low 20s, so was happy to get to my heated room. Service was great and I ended up eating dinner at The Bend, the attached restaurant since I didn't want to drive the trailer around town to get food. The restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere- like a place I would want to go regularly. Very friendly vibe. Front desk staff were helpful and directed to me to where I could park my trailer and it was close to my room. My room exited to the outdoor parking lot, I suspect because I had my dog with me, as most were indoor. (The pet fee of $30 per animal is better than some places I've been but the 'per pet' part could make it pricey.) The bed was comfy and I could control the temp in the room easily (and it was quiet). The breakfast is pretty much a huge variety of pastries, your standard cereal option and,at least the day I was there, terrible and weak coffee. I need real food in the morning but tried the coffee just to get me on the road and ended up abandoning it and heading elsewhere (and I'm not a coffee snob at all).
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"New gem"
years ago we walked out of this hotel, now we can't wait to come back and have already recommended it to family in that area. the breakfast isn't a hot breakfast, but it's still good. the restaurant is beautiful, and the shrimp appetizer was awesome. started during the week and had the pool to ourselves. our room was great too. we'll be back.
2 night trip Nov 11, 2014
"Satisfied with the hotel for the rate paid"
We picked this hotel because of the great rate and strong ratings. Everything regarding the hotel was okay but I would possibly opt elsewhere in the future when traveling with family. The room was definitely cleaned but some cleaning or dirty towels were left hanging in the shower. Staff promptly took care of them. Breakfast was truly continental - muffins, cereal, pastries, fruit, not like some other hotels' free hot breakfast. The pool setup was great for the kids (5, 4, 2yrs) - it had this small 1-foot section, then the larger section went from 3-5'; hot tub as well. But the chlorine/chemical was so strong it completely faded out a swimsuit of mine that I've had for years.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Old but comfy"
Old rambling hotel. Hallways ragged. Room very nice-- comfortable & clean. Small kitchenette a convenience. Low occupancy on Nov. 1. Busy area with several discount hotels along the strip. Walk up to 2nd floor. Breakfast buffet in old world bar restaurant nice. Attractive interior courtyard. Courtious service.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2014
"We would definately stay again"
We were pleasantly surprised at how undated the rooms were, and the beds (2 doubles) were so comfortable. There were enough pillows, which were also comfortable. We only have two complaints ... no elevator service to the second floor, but we fortunately were on the first floor and our heater/AC unit did not work. We reported it the first night and were assured that we would be compensated and a work order would be made. The second night, the unit had not been repaired and on check out, we found out that no note had been made of the situation and the compensation. We were given a lower refund on the two nights, and hopefully a work order has been submitted. Fortunately, our room was a comfortable temperature, and there are wonderful comforters available.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
susan
Nice room. Offset a little from the road to avoid traffic noise. Nice breakfast included.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Beautifully updated, great price. Fairly large, two story hotel - can be a little tricky to navigate, hang on to the map that is provided. Will stay again!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Stacy
"short stay traveling through"
Just a quick over-nighter, but exactly what we needed. Clean, comfortable and close to the freeway. The staff was friendly and efficient. Not there long enough to give any other info.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel."
Outstanding service,comfortable room and great breakfast.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Nice facility. Rooms very nice. Put bacon on the morning breakfast and you'll get 5's
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Rob
The location and the overnight price were great. The free breakfast was more than just the standard pastries/toast that some hotels provide.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Very comfortable stay"
This was our second stay at Waterford and we were very pleased (again) with the experience. our room was perfectly situated for our needs with the laundry and fitness center located nearby, and access to our car very convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on our next visit to the area.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"My stay at Waterford Estates Lodge"
My family enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was good and the servers did a wonderful job. Room was neat as well. I'll be sure to visit again.
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Roxanne
"Convenience, Friendly and Affordable"
I enjoyed my stay immensely - comfortable, friendly and convenient to where I needed to be!
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
laura
"Just what was needed"
Had a brief getaway to S. Bend to visit family. Got a great rate at the hotel (not a home-game weekend), staff was friendly and location was perfect-centrally located, close to restaurants and coffee shops, shopping and sites. Room was clean with just some old water damage in bathroom that was painted over. Saw a rag propping open a door in a hallway-no biggy. Restaurant downstairs was cozy and staff was very friendly and accommodating. We only had drinks there in evening, so other than continental breakfast in mornings can't comment on food. All in all would stay there again.
4 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Stefanie Poorman
"Needs a Major Facelift"
This hotel is terrible! I don't know how it got a "4" in reviews. There is no way this hotel can be anything more than a 1. The room smelled musty and was very dirty. There was a film of dust covering everything, as if it hadn't been used in a while. The decor was outdated and the sheets and towels were worn. I am not particularly picky, but this room literally grossed me out. At check-in and check out the clerk barely looked at me, never asked how the room was. I couln't wait to get out of there.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
"Too Many Things are Wrong!!"
First the gentelman checking in said no, because I have 5 kids (split between 2 rooms). Next, the rooms had fleas so bad that we left with our legs raw around our ankles. Then, one of the rooms did not have a remote. If you have kids you will understand why this is a problem. Finally, the room next to us was loud half the night. I called the office and complained, they spoke with them, however they still made noise and woke up three of my kids.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Kristy
"Business trip"
It was awesome!!! Top notch!!! Everyone was so friendly!!!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014