All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
52890 State Rt 933 N, South Bend, IN, 46637, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Breakfast is average
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
We were in town for a wedding at Notre Dame . We had a 5 hour wait between the ceremony and the reception. We were able to relax pool side or take a nap in our room for a while at 3:00, although the option of an early check in would have been ideal. Hotel staff was friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
everything was nice buy dinette chairs needed to be cleaned.other wise our stay was great.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Robin
"Fooled"
Thank the Lord it was only me and my son that went for his baseball tourney. My wife never would've stayed here. Morning front desk guy smelled like an ashtray. Cleaning personnel decided to clean our room at 4pm. Dirty outdoor pool. Inoperable hot tub. Breakfast buffet was not very appetizing
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"So-so hotel...just stay out of bar."
the hotel was older and not well maintained (wasn't bad just appeared understaffed in maint.). went to bar and ordered a shot of Makers Mark whiskey and it was mostly water and almost no whiskey...I ordered it straight and didn't need a chaser...for $8.00, my fiance's vodka and cranberry was also mostly water and very little vodka. Complimentary breakfast was very good, hotel accepts pets but doesn't seem to enforce barking rules after 10:00pm was kept up both nights by yapping dogs down hall. price was good but I probably will pay more for closer hotel to my destination next time.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
daniel
"Nice Hotel For The Price"
The outside of this hotel is very deceiving. Doesn't look like much on the outside and WOW..you get a wonderful surprise when you walk in. Its very comfortable and nice on the inside! Staff was wonderful. I will definitely stay here next time in town.
6 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Russell
"family reunion"
Was very disappointed that the hot tub and indoor pool was one to cold and the other not working.
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
ethel
"A value room at a value price"
Our trip to South Bend was a quick get out of the city type trip so when looking for a hotel we were more concerned with cost than overall quality. The Waterford is run down, but it appears that they are updating or fixing up quite a few rooms. Our room was good sized, had a comfortable bed, and clean sheets. It also had serious signs of water damage to the walls, soda bottle lids from a previous guest, and an odd neighbor who kept his room door ajar. For the price we paid and what we were looking for the Waterford Estates hit the mark. For extended stays or trips where you might spend more time in the room I would look elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Shane
Great hotel and staff. Would definitely stay here again! I wish they offered more for breakfast, but it was free so that was a plus.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Satisfied Customers"
Large, clean and comfortable room. Nice breakfast with made on site pastries. The hallways were a little dirty because of renovation work but the overall experience was a good one. Considering the price this is great deal.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Walter
"okay"
decent hotel but it was a little dirty and outdated. Good location, so I would say it's an okay hotel to stay out
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Great family place"
I would have given a five down the list, but there were two issues that made a difference to our stay. My room had two beds and one of them felt like you could sink into it and could not sleep comfortably. Must of had been very old. The other bed was great so we took turns with the kids sharing the good bed. Great staff, nearby dining and restaurants, two swimming pools, free contintal buffet. The kids loved it. The other issue we had was that the inside pool was salty and had too much chlorine. My eyes hurt for a full day after swimming in it. The out side pool was changed during our stay and that one was lots of fun.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Jesse
Staff were very friendly. Rooms were renovated with updated flat screen TV, furniture, appliances, and countertops. Our mattress was soft and the tub had some mold around the edges. Given the price, the room was a great value.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Almost missed it, Sits behind another tall hotel. Hotel was in good condition. Thought room next to ours was going to be noisy, but turned out to be fine. Continental breakfast was marginal. Nothing hot that I noticed. Overall was a good stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
charles
This motel has seen better days. Rooms need updating.I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpets There was only one friendly and helpful employee when we checked out. Dinner and wait staff at the restaurant were was good.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Nice Surprise."
It was above my expectations. A real deal for the price. The only comment was a need for new carpets in the hallways.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Joel
"Hotel could be cleaner , common areas."
Room was fine, staff friendly. Property needs a thorough updating.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
good value for
"Older facility, nice enough room for the money"
The room was large enough, clean, staff were friendly and helpful, gave us a discount because we couldn't take a shower, the hot water handle broke off about 11:00 pm. In the morning we told them and got the discount. It's clean, and price is right.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Rough condition overall. This property needs a substantial overhaul. Not a lot of restaurants close by either. The bathroom was on the dirty side and a piece of plumbing was lying on the back of the sink when we arrived.
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Nice room, but not great amenities"
The room was very nice, and the clerk was gracious and let me check in early. It was disappointing that the hot tub was broken. Not only did my companion and I miss the opportunity to enjoy it, but it also gave the hotel a seedy feel. The pool hours were quite limiting, considering check-in/check-out times, so I didn't get to use either pool. Since there's no lifeguard on duty, I don't understand why they aren't available in the mornings or past 10 p.m. The lobby was decent, and the pub area where breakfast is held was nice. However, the parking lot in the back where I parked was dirty and felt like an alley. My other complaint is the breakfast. There were very limited options for anyone with food restrictions like me (no gluten). At least you had yogurt, and a few pieces of fruit (not anything that could be added to the yogurt, though--only apples and oranges). The coffee was worse than instant and basically flavorless. Overall, though, it served my needs and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room, too. We had no idea how to use the fancy sound system, but would have investigated it if there were more time. Nice place for $100 + tax.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Reasonable for the Price"
The room was average, but very quiet, which I liked, but the overall hotel was very tired and run down looking it could really benefit from a face lift of some kind. In addition, the hotel staff, while professional and efficient were not really friendly at all.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"good find"
I was in town for a family reunion and spent Fri and Sat. at this facility. This seems to be a well kept and well run hotel with good customer service. A restaurant and bar on the premises is also a plus.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
JB
"Good value for price."
Room was larger than I thought. Comfortable and good pub restaraunt in house
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Room was dark, damp and a long walk to front door... LONG!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"good location"
dinner at hotel restaurant was fair, but nice atmosphere, decent draft beer selection
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Best kept secret in South Bend"
I was in the City for a Church conference. I was well received by the Front desk Attendant. The hotel is close to all amenities ( food, drug store, gas station). Overall, it was a good stay. Friendly and helpful staff made the difference.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Timothy
"Great hotel for the money."
They are currently going through some renovations but the facilities are still well kept. Theresa who works at the front desk and the one night at the in house restaurant was very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was good. Mostly a bar menu, and some good sandwiches. The breakfast is a continental breakfast with hard boiled eggs bagels and such. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Very dissapointed"
Nothing works. Hot tub, heater for pool. Room smelled. did not do a good job cleaning.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Near the Airport"
Overnight stay to catch the 6am commuter train to Chicago. Great value!
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
Pedro
"Needs work"
Odor in hallways, room acceptable, bathtub needs work
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Stephen
The hotel is outdated. The room was ok but in need of updating. The carpet was old and very musty smelling. The staff is very hospitable.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great night sleep"
Great place just up from the University of Notre Dame. With some small upgrades this would be an even better hotel. Hotel staff were super friendly and helpful. Beds were super comfy and as someone with a bad back that is the deal sealer for me. Overall look and feel of hotel was good. Sadly the carpet was pretty gross in our room, definitely needs to be replaced or cleaned really well. Overall the room was good & quiet. Fit our needs for a one night stay. Would recommend & would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"Earwing invasion"
The hotel has a oroblem with earwings. The water was orange from a supposed new pump. No hot water in bathroom sink.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Nice rooms, quiet location"
Hotel exterior was a little dated but our room was pleasant and in good working order. First day a screw holding the toilet seat broke, it was fixed by the time we returned from dinner. On our last night they had a main water line break. It was fixed in about 2 hours with only minor inconvenience to us, they were prepared to give us another room but it was fixed before we even thought about moving. I don't think there is an elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs or have extra luggage request a first floor room.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Pretty disappointing stay !"
Our room was good but they put us on the 2nd floor & there is no elevator & we had a lot of luggage & clothes to carry up. Then, our room was the very last room as far as you could go ! ! They did offer us a rm on the 1st floor but we would of had to take it all back down & all of those stairs ! We always look forward to getting in the hot tub & of course it was broke down & the pool outside didn't even have any water in it ! The breakfast was so so. All in all we would never stay here again. The biggest complaint is that when I made the reservation 7 wks b4 we even arrived, they put it right on our credit card ! ! Not very cool !
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"SouthBendRaces"
Convenient indoor pool.
3 night trip Jun 1, 2015
Small private bed and breakfast lodge for small groups or receptions. Well decorated theme rooms with wonderful breakfasts and staff.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Rooms look nice, but hotel was not"
The hotel does a hold on your credit card in the amount of your whole stay (3 days) plus $50 over for a deposit. They will not take cash, you have to use your card. I learned the hard way. The front desk was not very personable. The pool was not cleaned regularly. Definitely would not stay there again.
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Nice enough, but need new mattresses"
We stayed here during the off season-school was not in session-so there was nobody there. It was very strange. There wasn't much available-restaurant was closed, hot tub was drained and no ice in the ice machine. Still, the room was clean and lovely, but the mattress was old and created a crevasse in the middle. They really need to replace the mattresses. The Bose sound system in the room was a big plus.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Jana
It was quiet and clean. No jacuzzi avaiable which was a bummer
Other trip May 30, 2015
Michele
"Great place to stay, very nice and good service."
Great place to stay. I got a good price on the room for just one night passing through. The room was really nice, very clean and comfortable, with more than enough space and furniture for just me. I had dinner at the restaurant on the premises, and it was delicious. Very convenient. The staff were helpful and kind, the pool area was nice (though the water was just a bit too cold for me to stay in long). It was a very pleasant experience and I wish I'd been able to stay there again on my way home.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Erin
"Waterford South Bend"
Getting a little dated. Weekends filled with kids running wild in halls. Breakfast not "breakfast". Should list as continental or limited. Should state if pool and hot tub is open or not.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Hugh
"Not a 4 star hotel"
The first room stunk so bad I had to get another room. The second room was a little nicer the carpet was dirty and the stool didn't work the tank wouldn't get enough water in it to flush. So we had to fill the tank every time we used the stool. The bar wasn't open and they said on line hot breakfast turned out to be only cold. They did give me half my money back. We will never stay there again they rated it a 4 star and it's only a 2 star.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel"
The room was very big, comfortable and clean. It is an older hotel but we enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was great, the food was good and the service excellent.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Phil
"Good location and staff, needs redone or leveled."
Great staff, decent breakfast, superb location. Lighting within room was horrible!!
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Notre Dame"
Great staff! Clean and comfortable. Only negative was in door pool/hot tub was not available. Hidden Gem of a place.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Pamela
"Location"
Very nice room. Like the kitchenette in the room. Location was great. We needed to find a few places and the informaion the front desk gave us was very helpful
Other trip May 14, 2015
becky
We enjoyed our stay and had a very comfortable night.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Jeanne
"Hotel close to Notre dame"
Badly renovated motel, old carpet, minimal breakfast, bad unsupported beds.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Cathy
"PERFECT STAY"
IT WAS PERFECT
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
MELBA
"Good value."
My husband and I had stayed at the Waterford Estates twice in the past when we traveled to South Bend to visit family. We appreciated its closeness to the Notre Dame campus, where we liked to go for a morning run. We also were impressed by the full breakfasts that were offered. We were disappointed to discover on this recent visit that the hotel now offers only a continental breakfast. Nevertheless, we would chose to stay there again on a future visit. The staff members were all very welcoming and accommodating, the rooms are comfortable and well-stocked with amenities and towels, and the indoor pool and hot tub a very welcome perk--all in all, a very good value.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015