All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America

Clean
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Food idea"
This hotel was a great experience. We enjoyed the location, the style and charm, and friendly, helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
"Excellent deal"
The hotel's age shows somewhat, with narrow corridors and some wear in more well-used areas. However, they are renovating much of the hotel, and the areas that have been renovated are beautiful. The room is large for a downtown hotel room, and the staff were outstandingly friendly, available, and helpful. Free wi-fi is a plus. Valet parking is on the high end price-wise ($65/night vs $45 for self park).
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Erika
"Light bulbs?"
Not a bad place for the location and affordable. Some of the lights were missing light bulbs for some odd reason
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
It was OK, not bad and certainly not anything special. The room size was a bit small, but it was a quiet, old space in downtown Chicago. For the rate on a Sunday, it was fine for a place to rest your head.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
"Awesome Hotel"
We loved our room and the view! The staff could not have been nicer. We will definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
The location was excellent, but the service and comfort of this hotel was even better! As far as recent comments about the rooms being small-we thought the room size was exactly what we would have expected for an older hotel right off Michigan Avenue. Couldn't have been happier!
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Kristi
"Ups and Downs"
Loved the room and staff but the single operating tiny elevator caused significant heartburn. We were on 17th floor of 21 so we were always able to board, but once we crammed 6 or 7 folks into the box we would still stop at four or five more floors where frustrated guests would be left unable to fit. Disappointing that this appears to be an extended outage for the second elevator.
2 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"Love the Whitehall"
Excellent room; great bed and bedding and right across the street from Bloomingdales.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Not Provided
"Staycation!"
Great stay!
1 night trip Dec 4, 2015
Jose
"Cute hotel, but needs work"
Quaint hotel, good service, but not great. Went to the hotel bar / restaurant to get drinks and an appetizer before heading out, couldn't get any service at first, though once we did it was good. Only 1, very small, elevator was working, and they only have 2 guest elevators for the entire hotel. We were on the 4th floor and it was VERY noisy, I specifically asked reception if it would be loud since it's so low, she said I wouldn't hear any noise.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"A little but further"
The room was small and the self service parking garage is around the corner and slightly down the block -I'm glad it wasn't too cold the day I was there. The hotel staff at checkin could have been a little more helpful with directions and a little more focused/attentive
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
"Ok stay"
Parking on the hotel.com site said $1 parking wrong $50. A day
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2015
Adam
"Overall Very Good Stay"
Very nice place and great service. However could hear people in the room next door. A bit noisy.
5 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
"nice"
nothing special
2 night trip Nov 27, 2015
jay
That's okay. Not worth 4 stars
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
"Recommend if you like to sleep comfortably"
Really great location with a short walk to everything. Very comfortable bed and climate control worked well. Two stays, one room had a noisy air conditioner. Small bathroom, but worked just fine. Highly recommend if you want a good night sleep. Early evening, you can hear some door slamming, but was quiet after 10p Older historic building so halls were small and elevator seemed dated/small (but moved fast)
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
"Great location and value"
The location of the hotel made it really easy to explore Chicago. It's only steps from the Magnificent Mile, and lots of great restaurants, including the one in the hotel. The rooms are a bit small, but they are comfortable and clean. The staff was very polite and helpful with any questions that we asked. I think the hotel is a tremendous value for the price. We will definitely stay here again when in Chicago!
3 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Justin
"Hotel-extremely poor condition. Couldn't wait to get back home"
We get to our room and it has a heavy musty smell. We informed the desk and asked if their is anyway to switch.The next room looks fine, clean and we are happy. I lay next to the bed closest to the window and hear a loud streaming windy sound. I go to bed that night to wake up and stay up all night because this sound was not going away. It was awful! In the am we discover the window isn't even in the the sill and was partially open allowing outside air in (and can not be closed). So we put a towel and use our curling iron and blow dryer plugs to keep the towel tight in between the window to avoid the noise. That one shopping day on Saturday, I walk around like a zombie, exhausted. Hoping to rest, being away from 3 young children at home. The following night I am sure I will get a wonderful night sleep. Nope, I shortly get woken up from a loud noise coming directly under my bed. It felt like their was drilling going on beneath the the wall under me and my bed is slightly vibrating…I can't understand what was going on. I was furiated and beyond exhaustion, and this was supposed to be vacation. I can't tell you how disappointed and turned off I am from ever returning here again. We visit Chicago at least 2-3 times a year. From this experience I am beyond upset and disappointed. I couldn't wait to get back home. I had a 5 hour drive if you can imagine driving on 2 nights of no sleep and coming home from what was supposed to be a vacation.
2 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
Hotel is older but kept up very well. Service was exceptional and the room was very comfortable. Make sure to check out the bar... very cool! Very close to everything. Very walkable to many favorite tourist spots.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"Classic Hotel in a Great Location"
Great location. Very comfortable and quiet room. Staff was very friendly. Very nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. Temperature control worked nicely and the HDTV also worked nicely.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
I arrived very early and the gal at the front desk, Bizarre, was kind enough to let me check in at that time which was wonderful and made my day! The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet and there were robes in the closet - all made for a great stay.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2015
Awesome landmark hotel with old time feel. Quite,clean and well placed. I will definitely return
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
"Cozy"
My stay was convenient and nice. I had an encounter with one rude person who answered the phone at the front desk at 8 this morning, but the rest of the staff was helpful, friendly, and honest. The rooms are small, but intimate and cozy.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2015
lanisha
"For the money it should have been better,"
It was for a surpise anniversary get away for my wife. I wish the look of the room had been better.
3 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
LARRY
It was great!! Amazing location.. room was little dark.. no view but very comfortable
4 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
Carlos
"Perfect in every way!"
The location and quality of this hotel are stellar. Everything you'd like to experience in the Windy City is within close reach. If you choose to stay indoors, the hotel is ultra plush and cozy.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Angela
"Earned it's stars!"
We had a great, short stay - only overnight. However, we had leftover pizza that needed kept cold and they brought a mini-fridge for that at no charge. Also, the pillows and bedding are super comfy! The morning coffee was a nice "perk" too :)
1 night family trip Nov 17, 2015
Margaret
"Very Friendly People"
The hotel staff were very helpful
1 night trip with friends Nov 17, 2015
Cindy
"First time to Chicago"
Was a very nice hotel, needs some updates but felt very safe. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Would stay there again! Location was great! Two blocks from Willis Tower
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2015
Stacey
great location it was pretty clean the staff was very friendly, close to the shops overall pretty good. The only bad thing was parking it is very expensive to park $40 to $60 per night
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
Ricardo
The hotel was in the perfect location. The room was a lot smaller than we assumed but we were not in the room long enough to mind.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"great place to stay"
great employees there, room was very nice although the hallways were dated we had 4 rooms for a business trip and loved the hotel and the location. we will go there again the next time we go to Chicago.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
greg
"Boutique hotel, older charm & great location"
We had a great time staying at the Whitehall. It is super convenient to Michigan Ave/Mag mile, State and Rush Streets. The staff was excellent and although the room was small the bed was comfortable. The building is old and the heater made a racket the first night. They comped us breakfast and had maintenance repair it which helped.The bar and Italian restaurant are both excellent and I recommend it over the chain restaurants in the area.
2 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
"Fantastic staff and great location"
The staff at the Whitehall was A++ from the front desk to the valet. They answered all my questions and helped us by storing our luggage after we checked out. The proximity to Michigan Ave is hard to beat. We will definitely come back again!
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2015
Judith
"Don't pay with debit ."
I still haven't received my deposit back after it took less than 2 seconds to be deducted from my account , however it takes over a week to be returned ? Terrible .
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Deidra
"Can't wait to go back"
First time using hotel.com. Received great follow-up and confirmation status. Hotel staff generous and very pleasing. I got upgraded to a jr. suite. What a nice surprise and this was a much needed get away. Showers had great pressure and bed was super comfortable. I will be back again as soon as I can thru hotel.com!
1 night trip Nov 8, 2015
Katheryn
"Wouldn't be standing if it wasn't right downtown"
The "queen" beds are considerably smaller than the one we own... hotel needs updating. But it worked fine for us, we thought it was quite funny that we stayed on floor 13.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Nathan
Friendly helpful staff. Great location Clean
2 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
Gail
"Solid option in Miracle Mile"
The hotel is a little old, but the room was very nice, clean and quiet. The neighborhood is fantastic. The free Wi-Fi is pretty slow (they want you to pay to upgrade to faster speed) so couldn't watch Netflix or stream video, some social media was pretty slow to load. The price was definitely worth it for the hotel (got a sale rate)
5 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
Keith
"Nice Stay in Chicago"
The Whitehall is conveniently located and served our needs perfectly. The room was on the small side but was clean and comfortable. There was a minor maintenance issue in the bathroom but did not affect functionality at all. The staff were all professional and very helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
"A classic hotel in the heart Chicago"
My girlfriend and I stayed here 1 night while we were in town for the Bulls game. The best way to describe this hotel is vintage with some upgrades. It's really close to a lot of great things in Chicago that is okay to walk to or take a cheap cab ride. Overall we were happy with our stay since we got a great rate, however the view was of an ugly building and a back alley, however I'm sure if you ask for a room with a view it would have been much more expensive. The staff was very nice and the concerige recommended a great sports bar that was a bit of a walk but it was really cool. I'd probably stay here again if I could get the same rate or maybe a little cheaper but all and all a good experience but if you are use to staying in big chain hotels you may not like this place but I'd recommend this place if you like vintage hotels with some old school flare.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
"Nice Hotel in a Great Location!"
Overall this is a very nice hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The view from the 20th floor towards the Hancock building was incredible. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. My only complaint has to do with the lack of lighting in the room. It was a bit too dark, even with every light turned on, and there was no real desk, making it rather difficult to use a notebook computer. That being said, I would still recommend it and I will definitely be returning soon.
2 night trip Oct 27, 2015
arthur
"Would stay again!"
Was very pleasantly surprised - room was wonderful - price was terrific!
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
"Wait until renovation is over."
The hotel is being renovated and our room was right next to the renovation. Nothing like being woke up by someone screaming outside your window at 7 AM. Otherwise, this would have been a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
"Wonderful Whitehall"
I had a great time ! The shower made a high pitched screeching noise when the water was on. I told the attendant at the front desk when I checked out. Also, there was construction going on at the property during the day but it was peaceful and quiet at night. The hotel is beautiful and it's in a perfect location! I would definitely return to the Whitehall on another trip.
2 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2015
Monica
I love this hotel and have stayed there many times. However, it seemed to be in poor condition. The common areas, hallways, elevators were dirty and just looked run down. The food in the adjacent restaurant was not up to par. Maybe this is temporary and due to the construction work taking place on the facade. I will try the hotel again in the future.
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
Jessie
"Would Do It Again"
Two-night stay for work. Location was perfect for Streetersville businesses. Hotel was classy, quiet and clean. My only complaint was the smell from the bathroom after showering or using the sink. I'm not sure if it was from old pipes or sewage system, but it was pretty bad. Other than that, though, I'd definitely recommend it.
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
"Beautiful room, no hot water :-("
I would have rated the room higher except that there was no hot water in the room for my morning shower. The water was like warm at best. Other than that the room was up to date, very clean, very comfortable, the staff was lovely.
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
taneva
"FUN"
The staff was great from the valet to the front desk!
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
EILEEN
We were very happy with the Whitehall Great location very comfortable room accommodating staff good restaurant we definitely would stay again
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015