All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
540 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Wonderful location! This hotel is exactly where you want to be on Michigan avenue. The rooms are not extremely large, but they are clean, comfortable and have a nice design. The staff are wonderful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Kena
"nice area but lots of sirens all night long."
Very good location, although lots of sirens all night. Bring your own body wash because they have tiny bars of soap.
Response by Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Good Day myra, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with the Chicago Marriott Downtown. I have shared your comments with our engineering and housekeeping teams to see if there is anything we can do to mitigate the noise moving forward as well as ensure we provide ample amenities in all of our guestrooms. Thank you again for your feedback; it truly is the best way for us to improve moving forward.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
myra
"Awesome"
Great hotel, located in a great spot. Good food, shopping and fun
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Calvin
"Nice hotel in downtown"
It's nice hotel in downtown from where you can get easily city attractions, restaurants and shopping centers.
Other trip May 27, 2015
basant
Overall hotel was nice and accommodating. We chose because of location and because it had a pool. View from room was great, although pool was small. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Elise
"Marriot Stay"
Our room was very hot. Maintenance did not fix the air conditioner until the next day. We had to wait 30 because the valet parking could not find our car. After coming in from a long, hot day the shower had no "cold" water. I give the hotel an "A+" for the fresh fruit infused water that was located in the lobby.
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
"atrocious hotel in major city heart..."
was there for graduation. location is good otherwise would never stay here. hot wster ran out no regular coffee pods in room onky decaf.no room service to speak. hotel restaurant service atrocious waited 20 mts before complaining that no waitress showed up she was passing us by as place is not not very big big nkr very busy. would recommend avoiding location is the only positive
3 night family trip May 14, 2015
Gautam
"Bad rooms"
Refused to honor our booking of a King bed because we booked through a third party. Hotel. Com
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Great location, very comfortable!"
This hotel was exactly what was needed for a great stay in Chicago - a fantastic location right on the Magnificent Mile, with a serious selection of restaurants steps away (including Pizzeria Uno, which I can't recommend enough). It was close to the pick up points for the architectural tours on the water, as well as walking distance to the John Hancock and Willis Towers. Very comfortable beds (getting up was quite hard) and good facilities.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Helen
"It was close to our NRA show we were working at"
Easy to get around because of the location to do site seeing & work in same venue
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Great service!!"
It was great only negative sheets and mattress pad kept coming off bed!! But I would stay there again!!! Best staff at front desk
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Awesome location"
Wonderful locations, amenities and good service
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Nicolas
"Has potential, but needs an update"
After walking into the incredibly modern lobby, the hotel goes straight downhill from there. Hallway wallpaper and carpet is dated and has seen better days (stained, torn, ripped). The room was nice and comfortable, but the bathroom in my room needed some serious tile re-grouting and cleaning. I went to Walgreens and bought Tilex to clean it myself, which helped somewhat. Upon check-in, it would have been nice to learn that the Marriott Club was closed on weekends, but I wasn't told. I only found out when asking where it was located. The club is a perk that makes me pick Marriott so when it's unavailable, it's a big let down. With so many other 4-star hotels in the immediate area, this Marriott needs to step up to the plate. I do not plan to come back, unless I have to on business. This was a vacation and based on the price, I wish I had stayed somewhere else...for the price paid, other places would have been much better.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"meeting friends !"
The location was great for the activities we were attending, we were meeting a group of friends so the lobby was a great gathering spot. Only negative was the room bathroom was so very small.
3 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Lacking in customer service"
Overall stay was nice. Check in was absolutely ridiculous. Allison, the manager, was rude and unwilling to help a new employee check us in. She was belittling him right in front of us. Checking in alone had to at least take us 40 minutes. While the room was nice, I couldn't help but be upset with the way things started out. Oscar sent up some champagne for our troubles, and for that we were thankful but Allison never apologized. Horrible customer service on her end.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
Suzanne
"One night in Chicago"
I paid $569 for a room in this hotel and for one night. The room we got shouldn't have been mire than $150 per night.
Other trip May 11, 2015
SPS
The place was really cool. The hallway had a weird smell but it was really neat other than that.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Why?"
it was a terrible stay. I arrived at 10:00 pm and the lobby bar was so noisy, the place felt as though it was a night club instead of a hotel. also when calling for room service, no one picked up. It was just a computer message saying "someone will be with your shortly". The staff did their best to improve the situation, but I will never stay in that hotel again. It was a stressful zoo.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
"Great location, but so busy"
This is by far the busiest hotel I've stayed at in my life. (I've been to ny and toronto, and it's still busier.) The hotel is very nice and has a terrific location. The staff is too busy to be hosipitable. Parking is $60 for valet, and $45 a night for self parking, but that's everywhere downtown. The room was comfy, my only complaint was the water damage on the ceiling of the shower, but it didn't bother us at all.
Other trip May 10, 2015
ali
"thumbs up"
Its Marriott, downtown Chicago, $380 a night... what do I need to say about my stay?!?
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Nice location"
The hotel is right on Michigan which I liked, but that's the only thing I liked about the hotel. The standard rooms are very small and the price I paid was not even worth it. I've stayed on Michigan ave before and I've paid less for bigger rooms.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Jia
"Not a good outcome."
Booked a king. Got two double beds instead. Not a good outcome.
3 night family trip May 1, 2015
"LOVED IT"
Perfect Location. We were able to walk to everything. Loved the fruit flavored water in the lobby! FIRST CLASS!! *****
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Becky
"Horrible rooms not as advertised"
The room they gsve me looked nothing like those advertised. They gave me an older riom, small with no refrigerator. The heat could not be turned on and my room was extremcold the entire three days. We complained but was not given any better conditions.
Other trip May 4, 2015
ray
"Magnificent hotel on the magnificent mile."
Attended a business convention here. The room was a bit on the smallish side, but quite comfortable. The hotel staff was very attentive and helpful. The conference facilities were somewhat spread out, over more than one floor, but getting around wasn't too difficult.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Mim
"Great place to stay!"
My daughter and I took a mother-daughter road trip from Minnesota to Chicago and must say the Marriott was perfect! Great location, safe surroundings, clean, hotel staff even helped recommend and got us reservations for one of the local steak houses.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Victoria
"Great hotel on the Magnificent Mile."
The hotel is in a great location on Michigan Avenue, which makes it convenient to explore the magnificent mile.
3 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Perfect location, clean room."
It was located in a perfect place, accessible to any tourist attractions within 30 minutes by walk. But some of the staffs might needed more training, it took quite a time for check-in and using the store in the hotel.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Jae
"Great hotel right on magnificent mile."
Everything was great except the TV in the room didn't work.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Decent Stay"
Front desk associate was very helpful
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Nai
"Great customer service!!!"
The entire staff was friendly and very professional at all times. The bed was so comfortable. I had a little trouble with the air conditioner not working properly but they were there in no time and had it fixed. Can called me to make sure I was comfortable and to see if I needed anything else.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2015
Staff were friendly & helpful & our room was very clean. Size of the room seemed small given the rates.Hotel was in a good location & easy to get to.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Spring Break in the City"
I wish they had two queens vs. two doubles- not the most comfortable- but the rooms are small. The tub didn't drain well. There's no hot tub, which I really wish I would've realized when I booked. The hotel is nice and the location is ideal. They have great customer service- everyone was very nice and professional.
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
melissa
"small"
Small bathrooms/rooms. Great location/service
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Trent
"Hotel lack of communication"
I love the hotel and the view. The room was clean. But the hotel communication is poor. I was told I would receive a discount at the restaurant on site and then was told by the restaurant it was only for dinner. I paid for parking with the room rate. There is no check in and check out. My car had to stay parked.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Tamika
"Location, Location, Location"
This hotel is all about location, it's directly on the Magnificent mile. It's proximity to all the attractions in Chicago makes it one of the best hotels to stay in while visiting
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Mohamed
"Hotel review"
It was great staying at Marriott downtown Mag Mile. This is our 2nd time in a couple of years. The hotel staff were helpful and courteous. The pool was great for the kids, they had a blast. Though the hotel is nice and mostly clean, it is showing its age. It need some retouching and upgrade. The a/c at our room though was not working well. It was warm to almost hot in the room at night, on the control of the a/c it noted that there is some issues with adjusting the a/c during spring. The staff provided a vertical fan right away. In all it is a good and safe hotel. We will come back again.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
E
"Perfect location"
Perfect location for sightseeing and shopping. I would stay there again!
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Kristin
"NOT a hotel for families!!"
Paid extra for the free parking which I would recommend because otherwise the price of parking will kill you....the walk with our luggage from the parking garage was exhausting though. Upon check in the lady behind the desk was rude and didn't give me directions to the room so we got lost because we didn't know that there were 2 different elevators,one set for low rise and one set for high rise. There also was a huge conference with teens everywhere! You also don't get to choose if you have 2 queen beds or a king which my daughter and I got stuck with a king size bed to share even though we checked in 15 minutes after check in because of all the kids there for the conference! Good thing my husband decided not to go because the room wasn't even big enough for a roll away. It also has a tiny bathroom! No fridge or microwave so any food we didn't eat at the restaurant had to be left there.The pool is tiny and there is NO hot tub to relax after a busy day of shopping. The lobby is gorgeous but we didn't get to enjoy it because it was full of teens from the conference and it is the only area with wifi. The only plus side to this hotel is the location!! Great great location and a beautiful view of the city from our room. The bed may have been comfortable if I didn't have to share it with my daughter....would I stay there again? Only on a couples trip. Definitely not a hotel for families!!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Great hotel, right in the middle of the magnificent mile. Not a good choice for those wanting to spend time in the room (tight quarters). The included parking was a disaster. The included parking is self parking (not a problem). The attempt to charge for self parking at the valet desk (who has to validate the ticket) was the problem. It required me pulling out my reservation and getting a little snippy, for the valet manager to go somewhere to get the okay to validate without me paying again. It was as if the hotel and the valet desk located in the hotel lobby were from different planets. All in all that checkout delay was worth it, as self parking is another $47.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Beautiful hotel with nice amenities in the middle of the Michigan Ave activity. Close to shopping, parks, theatres, and restaurants. The only thing we didn't like is that they charge for internet access which was surprising at a Marriott...
"Excellent downtown location."
My only two complaints about this property were the lack of a hot tub/whirlpool and having to pay for the internet. I have arthritis and walking the Mag Mile is hard but without a whirlpool I found myself having to use more medication than I would have liked.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Connie
"Over priced and over rated"
The room was small and worn. I booked a premium city view upgrade. The film on the windows was peeling and windows were filthy, could not see the view. The description of the room/photography on line did not come close to the room I was assigned. I inquired several times as to why such a disparaging discrepancy, I am still not satisfied I actually received the room I booked and not some garbage left in their inventory. The AC did not work. The room was suffocating hot to the point of unbearable.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice downtown location easy walk to shopping"
Great check in process and great customer service!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Family get together"
A wonderful place to stay with a great all around staff. From check-in to getting a cab to the entire staff was friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Diappointing Room"
I was disappointed in this room. It was TINY!! The funishings and fixtures had seen better days. There was only one small towel rack inside the shower. There was no bathroom fan. I was expecting more from a hotel on the Magnificent Mile.
Response by Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Donna, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. I was very pleased to see that you were happy with the overall demeanor of the staff that you encountered during your time with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to win your confidence in the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile and the opportunity to “Host You Brilliantly” if your travels should bring you back to this area.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Gets the job done-- accommodations a plus."
rushed--- room was not as described. Cleanliness--- more effort towards was more expected.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Nice hotel in a great location."
Hotel exceeded expectations. Great location and extremely friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Not Good
"Big Ten Tourney Hotel"
Exciting to stay where a team from the Big Ten Tournament was staying. Fun to be right on Michigan Avenue too.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015