All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
540 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Hotel lack of communication"
I love the hotel and the view. The room was clean. But the hotel communication is poor. I was told I would receive a discount at the restaurant on site and then was told by the restaurant it was only for dinner. I paid for parking with the room rate. There is no check in and check out. My car had to stay parked.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Tamika
"Location, Location, Location"
This hotel is all about location, it's directly on the Magnificent mile. It's proximity to all the attractions in Chicago makes it one of the best hotels to stay in while visiting
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Mohamed
"Hotel review"
It was great staying at Marriott downtown Mag Mile. This is our 2nd time in a couple of years. The hotel staff were helpful and courteous. The pool was great for the kids, they had a blast. Though the hotel is nice and mostly clean, it is showing its age. It need some retouching and upgrade. The a/c at our room though was not working well. It was warm to almost hot in the room at night, on the control of the a/c it noted that there is some issues with adjusting the a/c during spring. The staff provided a vertical fan right away. In all it is a good and safe hotel. We will come back again.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
E
"Perfect location"
Perfect location for sightseeing and shopping. I would stay there again!
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Kristin
"NOT a hotel for families!!"
Paid extra for the free parking which I would recommend because otherwise the price of parking will kill you....the walk with our luggage from the parking garage was exhausting though. Upon check in the lady behind the desk was rude and didn't give me directions to the room so we got lost because we didn't know that there were 2 different elevators,one set for low rise and one set for high rise. There also was a huge conference with teens everywhere! You also don't get to choose if you have 2 queen beds or a king which my daughter and I got stuck with a king size bed to share even though we checked in 15 minutes after check in because of all the kids there for the conference! Good thing my husband decided not to go because the room wasn't even big enough for a roll away. It also has a tiny bathroom! No fridge or microwave so any food we didn't eat at the restaurant had to be left there.The pool is tiny and there is NO hot tub to relax after a busy day of shopping. The lobby is gorgeous but we didn't get to enjoy it because it was full of teens from the conference and it is the only area with wifi. The only plus side to this hotel is the location!! Great great location and a beautiful view of the city from our room. The bed may have been comfortable if I didn't have to share it with my daughter....would I stay there again? Only on a couples trip. Definitely not a hotel for families!!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Great hotel, right in the middle of the magnificent mile. Not a good choice for those wanting to spend time in the room (tight quarters). The included parking was a disaster. The included parking is self parking (not a problem). The attempt to charge for self parking at the valet desk (who has to validate the ticket) was the problem. It required me pulling out my reservation and getting a little snippy, for the valet manager to go somewhere to get the okay to validate without me paying again. It was as if the hotel and the valet desk located in the hotel lobby were from different planets. All in all that checkout delay was worth it, as self parking is another $47.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Beautiful hotel with nice amenities in the middle of the Michigan Ave activity. Close to shopping, parks, theatres, and restaurants. The only thing we didn't like is that they charge for internet access which was surprising at a Marriott...
"Excellent downtown location."
My only two complaints about this property were the lack of a hot tub/whirlpool and having to pay for the internet. I have arthritis and walking the Mag Mile is hard but without a whirlpool I found myself having to use more medication than I would have liked.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Connie
"Over priced and over rated"
The room was small and worn. I booked a premium city view upgrade. The film on the windows was peeling and windows were filthy, could not see the view. The description of the room/photography on line did not come close to the room I was assigned. I inquired several times as to why such a disparaging discrepancy, I am still not satisfied I actually received the room I booked and not some garbage left in their inventory. The AC did not work. The room was suffocating hot to the point of unbearable.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice downtown location easy walk to shopping"
Great check in process and great customer service!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Family get together"
A wonderful place to stay with a great all around staff. From check-in to getting a cab to the entire staff was friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Diappointing Room"
I was disappointed in this room. It was TINY!! The funishings and fixtures had seen better days. There was only one small towel rack inside the shower. There was no bathroom fan. I was expecting more from a hotel on the Magnificent Mile.
Response by Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Donna, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. I was very pleased to see that you were happy with the overall demeanor of the staff that you encountered during your time with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to win your confidence in the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile and the opportunity to “Host You Brilliantly” if your travels should bring you back to this area.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Gets the job done-- accommodations a plus."
rushed--- room was not as described. Cleanliness--- more effort towards was more expected.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Nice hotel in a great location."
Hotel exceeded expectations. Great location and extremely friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Not Good
"Big Ten Tourney Hotel"
Exciting to stay where a team from the Big Ten Tournament was staying. Fun to be right on Michigan Avenue too.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"no"
We had a great time!!
4 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Dennis
"Call Maintenance...To start after 9am."
Great Hotel with lots to do nearby, but... Woke up in morning hearing power tools going before 8am (Hotel Maintenance..) Sliding bathroom door loose. Had to hand tighten bolts myself to fix. Shower valve on tub faucet terrible. Poor pressure shower, 50% of water running out of the faucet
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Jonathan was great"
Wonderful trip. Jonathan at the front desk was amazing!
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"Can't wait to go back!"
Great hotel, great staff!
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
"Ugly room and poor design"
I had stayed at this Marriott before and had good memories of it however, my most recent stay did not seem to reflect the memories I had of it. Our room was on one of the "lower floors" and it seemed to be a rather old room. We had a king bed which was very comfortable however the room was very small, smaller than I was expecting. The carpeting in the room was extremely ugly, the picture in the bathroom was hanging crooked, the toilet paper roll in the bathroom is practically hidden from sight and there are no towel racks By the sink to hang towels from so all our face and hand towels would get used and then have to sit wet on the counter or just get thrown on the floor to be washed, which I think is very wasteful use of energy for the hotel's sake. There was one towel rack in the shower and a hook on the back of the door. We found the hotel staff to be very unhelpful. We had several bags with us when we arrived on Friday evening and we couldn't even find a bellhop to help us. The front desk woman tried to call someone but we became tired of waiting and just took them up ourselves. And when leaving on Sunday morning the staff all seemed to be standing around outside, appearing to be doing nothing and offering no help. Overall I would say I am rather disappointed with the hotel itself. If it wasn't for the parking deal that came with our room and it's prime location I don't think I would contemplate staying here again in the future.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"A Wonderful Hotel in the Heart of Chicago"
We had a very pleasant visit with our son and daughter-in-law. They live in Minnesota and we in Indiana so Chicago was a nice compromise location. We enjoyed shopping along Michigan Avenue and dining at Margaritaville on Navy Pier. All of us utilized the fitness room each morning.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Personal Review"
In all honest the hotel was beautiful I had a great stay. Only problem early in the morning there was loud banging and power tools going off wasn't looking forward to waking up too all the noise I got a hotel to get away from waking up early and enjoy my morning so I would now come back for that.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Carlos
"Thank you Johnathan and Richard!!!"
Thank you so much Johnathan! Johnathan worked the front desk, we had a little mishap when we arrived. Johnathan made sure that we where confortable and well taken care of. And a big thank you to Richard for mking sure our baggage was well taken care of. All the staff was kind and caring. Thanks again. I would recommend staying at The Marriott Downtown to anyone looking for a great get away!
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Gina
"ripped off"
I paid for room and parking hotel did not validate since i did not have a confirmation number from then it was a third party. In addition to what i paid hotels.com i had to pay $47.00 for parking which was included in my package!
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Not impressed"
We were really mislead by the pictures that we saw online. The lobby was nice but the room was old and out dated. The bathroom was very small. We couldn't find a parking spot in the garage and still had to pay 61.00 for valet after paying for parking with our room which was 38.00. The girl at the desk said she couldn't refund it to us. The room was very small also. We paid over 200.00 for this room and definatley didn't feel like it was worth the money. In fact we decided if we were going to stay another night we were going elsewhere.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
dawn
"Great location."
Staff was great. Right in the heart of shopping. Close to red line subway which helped us get around the city. Hotel was a bit dated with furniture. Beds were very comfortable!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice hotel on the strip."
Nice location & nice lobby roooms are a little outdated but still ok would stay there again if the price is right.
"Awesome!"
Great hotel. Conveniently located to all food, bars, shopping and entertainment! Easily accessible!
Lauren
"Great location, great staff"
Great staff, great location, valet was nice, no fridge or microwave in room, charge for wifi. Room was small but clean and in decent shape. Would stay again for 129$. The location was walking distance to shop, eat and club
"Not great"
The majority of the hotel staff was rude. One bell hop let the door go on top of me. I asked for double beds and did not get that. The front desk workers acted agitated a good deal of the time. I was not pleased.
"It's a Marriot"
I just could not get my room warm enough :(. I cranked the thermostat to 86, but it didn't feel any different than when I had it at 76. Oh well
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"SA TX REPO MEN"
Great people, went the extra mile for anything we requested.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Top Service!"
Rooms a little dated, and we didn't like not having free wifi. We stayed 3 nights when they came to clean the rooms we didn't get new sheets daughter had spilled a drink and when we came back that night sheets were just folded over. Other than that we loved the hotel and its location THE STAFF FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WAS FANTASTIC, FRIENDLY, AND VERY PROMPT! This service is why I seek out Marriotts. Thanks again Pastor Snow
4 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Lonnie
"Wonderful"
The hotel was wonderful and the location to shops and dining was awesome we could walk to everything will definetly be back
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Kristy
"Great hotel!"
Great location. Great service and friendly staff all around! The rooms were a little small but clean.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Wandering for a hot tub."
There was no hot tub and we could hear our neighbors through the wall, that is my only complaint.
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
michelle
"Comfortable Beds, but No Hottub and Broken Sauna"
The beds were extremely comfortable and the staff was very friendly, however, despite calling ahead to confirm that the hotel had a hottub, there was no hottub (it had been removed a year before) and the sauna in the women's locker room was not functioning.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Good location."
Hotel is close to all the shopping area.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
karen
"Wonderful Stay"
My stay was amazing. The location of the hotel was super convenient, the hotel is updated and very clean, and the hotel employees are nothing but nice. I really enjoyed my time there.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Kamilah
"Not so good this time"
We had very noisy neighbors. Also never get a room near the elevator if you plan to relax.
Response by Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
We appreicate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Our focus is to provide our guests with an exceptional experience. Your comments were forwarded to applicable department leaders and will be of value as we continue to look for ways we can continue to focus on improving the guest experience.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"Very nice room and great view."
The hotel was very nice and the view from our room was excellent. It's right in the middle of lots of shopping. I also appreciated how quick the elevators were for such a tall building. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Wendy
Beautiful hotel in perfect location on Michigan Avenue. Undergoing some renovations so some upper level floors are not available. Windows not very well insulated and room was pretty cold during some very cold & windy nights. Service was excellent.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great hotel!"
We had a great time in Chicago! The Chicago Marriott is right on Michigan Ave with great shopping and awesome restaurants. Lots of things to do and see within walking distance. We will be staying there again!
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great Chicago location"
This was a great location and a good price for our quick overnight Chicago family fun stop after the holidays. Close to all the Magnificent Mile shopping and restaurants you could want and an easy walk to Millennium Park and the Art Institute (our primary destination). Parking is not attached to the hotel (across the street) and is therefore cheaper than other hotels, which was nice. Staff was great and efficient, room was clean and quiet if a bit small for four (esp. the bathroom!), but we had a great city view.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
M
"Nice hotel and convenient location!"
Very nice hotel conveniently located near shopping, great food, and nightlife!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Great location, great restaurants, shopping"
I brought my grandchildren and they had a great time in the heated pool (which had good hours open til 11:00 pm0
Response by Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Dear Renni, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Welcome back to Chicago, I hope you enjoyed your time in the Windy City. I wanted to let you know that your feedback has been heard loud and clear . Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope we have another chance to "Host You Brilliantly." Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to speak with the manager on duty regarding any specific feedback about your stay. Sincerely, Brian Carter
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Renni
"Repeat Customer"
We have stayed here 4 times along with trying out some other hotels in the Magnificent Mile area. We keep coming back to the Marriott. We love the lobby atmosphere & unmatched customer service in every area of the hotel. We've always received excellent, friendly service from front desk, valet, bellman, concerige, maid, etc. The bathrooms are a little small for a family due to the age of the hotel. But, definitely our favorite hotel downtown Chicago!
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Debbie
Absolutely no complaints! Will book again! From booking to checkout, superb customer service!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
jenn
"Great Service"
The bathroom was tiny but other than that it was great. The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Our family went up for a fun weekend. Hotel is at a perfect location, right in the heart of Michigan Ave. hotel staff were pleasant ant helpful. Our room was clean and accommodating. Overall a fun weekend!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015