All hotels in Osage Beach, Missouri, United States of America
494 Tan Tar A Drive, Osage Beach, MO, 65065, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointing"
When I check into the hotel, I did NOT realized that there was an extension called the Estates. Our room was too far away from the hotels main lobby and activities. The room was dirty. The bathroom had mold around the toilet and bathtub. There was hair on the sink and in the bathtub. Who ever cleaned the room, you better have a talking too because they need additional training on housekeeping. The bedcovers look like something from the 1970's. The place just seemed outdated. I probably will NOT be staying at the hotel in the future. It's not worth the priced paid. VERY DISAPPOINTED!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Ken
"last minute quick trip"
Loved our stay. Only negative was being a Friday (a work day) and checking in late we thought the pools etc. didn't stay open late enough. By the time we checked in and ate dinner we only had 20 minutes to swim. :(
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Not at all what we hoped for."
The staff was friendly as was service though a fast paced environment. Amenities are good but condition of rooms lack much luster for dollar value received. As with most resort properties you will be billed an extra service fee after your stay. If was looking for a place to stay without my kids, it would be somewhere else for sure.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Kenn W,.
"Pool very good son had great time on water slide"
Got room at fair price beds small but worked for us . Pools were big hit with son plenty of lay out room for wife . Only draw back was breakfast at blackbear cafe no info on what it was and what it cost( 36 ) $ was entierly to high .
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
derrick
"Perfect"
This resort was great. My kids 3,8,13 yrs enjoyed themselves. I would say their water park is not worth $17 a person. More geared for younger kids. Bowling ally needs to be updated as the games in the bear den. I would say almost all the amenities are over priced. But the room and staff were great. Very clean.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
"Weekend at LOTO Missouri"
Booked a weekend at Lake of the Ozarks during the 2014 Powerboat Shootout. Room was a suite, right on the water in a 4-plex. King size bed, Jacuzzi tub, private deck, close parking, very private and quiet. Dining on site was excellent as were amenities. Planning another trip in the next few months to this resort.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Alan
"Old and Tired Resort"
At check in there was one clerk, there were 10 people waiting in line. It took about 20 minutes to get to the check in counter. I requested a room with a view of the lake and the clerk, said "Oh you booked through Expedia and we don't offer lake view rooms with those bookings." She checked the computer and said she could put me in a room with a lake view, on the 4th floor of a building with no elevator, or in a non lake view room in another building next to the lodge. I opted for the non lake view building. My room was below the Putt putt golf course. It was very dungeon like. No cell service available and musty smelling. The parking garage beneath the building had very small parking spaces and very few spaces. I had to park outside on several occassions and walk quite a distance to the building. The food during the convention was very good. The ice cream shop was very nice.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
lbkenny
"Fantastic getaway for adults and kids."
Wonderful experience with so much for kids and adults to do. We will be returning!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Michele
I had a wonderful stay, the resort facilities and staff were outstanding
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
there seem to be an older and musty smell in the hallways in the entryways to the elevators, and in the main area.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
steve
"Nice place to stay"
We stayed for 9 nights. All of the amenities were not replenished every day, but service was excellent when amenities were asked for.
9 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Ozark Bound
"Small Getaway"
Tan Tar A is a fairly nice place to go for the price. It was Myself, Wife and 4 Year old daughter. Plenty to do in the resort for free. Outside pools are great almost make you forget you are in MO. Taking a "little" hike (with a toddler) around the resort will keep you entertained as well. Plenty of scenery. Walking down and feeding the fish and ducks on the marina. One of the days we stayed it was stormy so we opted to pay the $17 a person for the indoor waterpark. It is not too big of a place but it definitely keeps the kid busy. The Sabarro pizza very reasonable $13 for a large pizza. Overall it was a nice place. A few things that could have been better customer service lacked a bit, employees must remember most people coming are tourist. They should approach the customer if they look like they have questions, instead of us seeking them out and making it feel like its a hassle. Just from what I witnessed did not actually happen to me. I feel that we did not enjoy over 50% of the resort due to not knowing. Did not really want to be a bother either. Landscaping could have been better we stayed in Building "D" on the backside. Its all weeds and a few bushes. I would have enjoyed the patio more if it was a nicer landscape. Rooms were very clean, parking for us was very easy, but I can see that being an issue on a busy night.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Wonderful stay!"
Loved having all of the different things to do and places to eat!!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Rochelle Myers
"Great of you stay clear of the shabby parts"
Parts of the resort are still in need of remodel and upgrade. However out room in Bldg A was freshly renovated and very nice. Enjoyed the Timber Falls Water Park and outdoor pool especially.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Nice with many amenities"
Everything you need is there. Very friendly staff
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
mommy
I booked a one night stay for my children and I with the option for Tan Tar A to choose my room at the time of check-in. Although I wasn't able to get a room directly on the resort I was assigned to the Tan Tar A Estates. I loved it! The room was clean and comfortable. Being away from the resort gave it a cabin feeling. If we needed to make a trip to the resort, I just made simple phone call to guest services to request a ride from the Shuttle bus. I expected a 20 minute wait for the shuttle bus, but each time they came within 5-10 minutes. The resort provided so many options for food & fun that we will definitely be returning in the future.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great getaway!!!"
Try the Wind Rose. Very romantic on the water dining.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Justin
"Conference getaway"
Stayed at the estates. Room very comforatble and clean. Secluded from most amenitites. Parking was difficult near the main hotel. Location challenging, very hilly, many steps. Beautiful location. Main pool, dock and beach very nice.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Unclean Outdated Rooms"
My family and I left early due to the conditions of the room. We were supposed to stay two nights only stayed one. Our room felt like we we were in basement. The floor was filthy no one wanted to take their shoes off. There was little lighting. The comforters and decore were old. The worst part was we had a mouse visit us around 2am. We left first thing in the morning. I will not ever return to this property. Save your money.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Our risk payed off"
We read all the reviews about the various places to stay in Osage Beach, and decided on Tan Tar A. Some review were good, others not so good, so we weren't sure what to expect and we needed somewhere to stay. We weren't looking for something super fancy, but we did want something clean and nice. As soon as we drove into the resort, we were surprised by how big and pretty it was. Our cabin/room was right on the water and we had a small kitchen which was spotless (including the refrigerator). The bathroom was clean as well. We were very pleased with the place, although it could use a bit updating. There were two pools which were also very clean, a large game room for the kids, a marina, a golf course and many other amenities that we didn't have time to check out. If you are looking for a really nice place in a beautiful area, you will love it.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Tammy
"Good overall location"
Good experience at the resort. It had several nice pools.
Lolly
"Great service and clean"
Thought maybe because this was an older resort the accomodations might be lacking but to my surprise it was very clean and the place is the perfect location for the ozarks.. the staff were great. If you have never been there this is a great place to start... Only negative was the mattress having little support and shower was weak.
4 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
"quick leisure trip"
I was with my family in a rental home the week before and stayed an extra night at Lake of the Ozarks with my sister. We stayed in the main lodge and had a very nice two king bedroom with a view of the lake. My room wasn't ready when I got there early but I took my niece and nephew to the pool, hit the water slide ordered pizza and drinks poolside and had a blast. We went into town and rented jetskis, had a blast. We ate at the restaurant that night andwas surprised at how good the food was,our server was young and clearly new at serving but very nice. The resort is big and busy but I still had a great time abd would do it again.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Tyson
"Summer Get Away"
Great stay, but they were sold out when we arrived. A lot of effort to get us into a room that would fit 5 as promised on Hotels.com. They figured it out though. We loved the Marina! Tubing and fishing was wonderful. They don't rent fishing rods or sell coolers so we had to go to the Walmart to buy them. Wish we would have known that ahead of time so we didn't have to go buy them. Otherwise, great stay and beautiful view.
4 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Nicole
"Not Good enough"
Check in staff was curt. Room location terrible.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Ray
"Really nice place to stay"
Tan Tara is a huge place with a lot to offer. Would definitely recommend. The restaurant was nice, food was ok, but a bit overpriced for the quality.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Becca
"Just a day at the lake"
Clean and friendly. Buildings are all being renovated so they have made progress. So much to do here you probably wouldn't have to leave to go anywhere else.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
When we first arrived after booking through expedia we went to check in thinking we would be staying in a hotel room. They then gave us a cabin and told us it was 3-5 minutes from the lodge. We drove around for 20 minutes before deciding to go back and ask for a new room. Finally we found it and we less than impressed with the room. We thought we were on a relaxing vacation not a campground. After another 10 minutes of driving around we found the front desk and explained our issues. Luckily Ryan at the front was very helpful and switched our room to something closer to the main attractions and easier to find. He was very helpful and understanding. The Burger King and sbarro pizza were terrible compared to the ones we have in omaha. The pool was nice but the Jetty is not a swim up and the pool closes at 9 or 10pm. I wish it had an adult area due to the volume of kids there. Or even late night hours at the pool for adults. There was a convenient store on site the women in there was extremely rude and unhelpful. Parking was hard to find at times. Places off the resort were quite a drive. It was a beautiful lake and view but more of a place for kids. Nothing to do for adults. Highly disappointed with that. The only staff member that was helpful was Ryan at the desk that helped me find a better located room.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
jenni
"Birthday Get-a-Way"
It was a great 2 day, stay, celebrating a Birthday!
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"It was lakeside view"
It was nice resort, just extremely big and hard to commute without getting lost, but everything else was nice, people were very friendly
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Can't understand why anyone wouldn't like this place. I saw reviews, prior to staying at Tan Tar A, that expressed complaints about the rooms being "dated" or the parking beimg an issue. Please. Parking was fine. The room we had was great, with a great view. I would definitely stay again. No question. Plenty of pools. Beautiful views. Loved it. Stay at Tan Tar A.
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
"Vacation stop for two nights"
The property is well maintained! We enjoyed our stay & wish we had planned a longer stay!
2 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Do not stay in Estates."
The Estates. Wow.. Bad. Loud. Outdated. Will never stay there again. Very dark. Little privacy with other guests in same cabin. Terrible view of lake. Carpet was awful. Told front desk person. Did not seem to care very much. Not a good experience.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
jb
"nice getaway"
Very pretty!! Fun things for all ages
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2014
"close to pools and lake"
Room and resort in general could use some updating, but the location can't be beat!
4 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Very nice place to stay"
Great location. Staff is very nice. Can't wait to go again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Classic resort with lots of amenities"
Our first introduction to the resort was at night and we were quickly confused as to where to go with our boat in tow. A friendly resort staffer driving a golf cart saved us and helped lead us back to the boat parking area. This is just one of several examples of an outstanding staff making our stay more enjoyable. Although there is a lot of walking involved due to the size of the resort, it is well landscaped and beautifully kept. The highlights for us were the excellent outdoor pool (with cocktails available) and the excellent and well kept dock and marina area. This resort is very loaded with things to do, and although it can sometimes seem a little dated, it is very well maintained and has a first class staff. I would definitely recommend this resort for a family vacation.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Brad
A good resort but a bit dated. Some recent work in the lobby is a nice improvement but more work is needed throughout. More food choices would be nice. High charge for indoor water park.
"Awesome Resort!!"
My family was treated with absolute greatness. From check-in to check-out, we were completely pleased. Anytime we ever go back to the Ozarks we will be staying at Tan-Tar-A! The pools were great, it was teenager friendly and had absolutely beautiful views!
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Tina
"Pleasantly surprised!"
We didn't know what to expect as this was our first trip but we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the resort was. Had a good time. The waterpark was nice as were the other pools.
4 night family trip Jun 18, 2014
Debi
"Great getaway!!!"
Great resort, friendly staff, lots to do!!! The horse ride was great, we rented waverunners and that was nice, a little pricey but nice. The pools are beautiful. The restaurant "Windrose" was so delicious, very nice staff, gave free appetizer and dessert and roses for the ladies. Excellent chef!! A must try!!! Paddle boats were fun, very we'll kept resort and would go back :)
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Dana
"Lake getaway."
Everything was good except for the beds. They were so uncomfortable! My back was seriously hurting after sleeping on them.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Tan-Tar-A is a great place to stay"
Tan-Tar-A has a great staff who are friendly, helpful and always make you feel welcome. Other than sketchy cell service at various places, it's a great resort for business. For leisure, it's a great location.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"just OK"
35 minutes to check in. Over priced drinks. Over priced mini golf. Very nice scenary. Sub par parking.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
curtis
"Great Resort but expected little more cleanliness"
We were here just for a day, the room view was awesome. We saw the evening fireworks from our patio. Excellent amenities, loved the pool area. Only thing was the carpet was really dirty, also the bathroom could have been a little more cleaner. But then again it is peak tourist season may be lot if people are wearing their dirty and wet sandals inside the room.
1 night business trip May 25, 2014
Jyoti
"Do your research - customer service is lacking"
Customer service and staff helpfulness was not good. Very little info was given at check-in. I had to ask a lot of questions and do my own research. The room was clean, but lacked toilet paper - good thing I had baby wipes! The bed sank in the middle. The pools and public areas need a good scrubbing or remodel. We were in a "home" with a lake view with patio, that part was nice. However we left and when we came back another guest had parked in their room numbered spot and ours leaving us with no where to park. I called security 2 times. Finally the owner of the home came out and moved his car so we could park there. He was very accommodating and nice. Security came 30 min later and drove by - no stop and check to see if we were good. When I mentioned this to the manager at check out she said "they were not resv spots - it was just a numbered spot we could use if open" seeing that there was really no other safe spot this is really stupid. She said she would talk to security. I had to offer the info - she did not ask how my stay was at check-out. Also something the pictures don't tell you is that they charge for the "waterpark" and it's not cheap. They also charge for parents to get in to supervise their own kids. We would not have done this except our 5 year old had her heart set on it. It was fun, but not worth the high cost of admission.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
Anita
Hotel staff was great providing taxi service for getting around, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful/accommodating. We stayed at this location so we would have food without having to travel. However, the food was expensive. $11 for a cup of coffee.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
Laurie
"Wonderful get a way"
Although remodeling I have been going to tan tar a for for than 10 years this was the best stay. I had a newly remodeled room with a breathtaking view. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the golf course and went on an afternoon cruise. Went by myself and loved it!!!
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Kk
"Comfortable stay"
It was clean and comfortable, great location. They are updating the hotel and our room had two king beds, lots of space. I will certainly check here for available rooms when I need to stay in the area again.
Other trip May 5, 2014
JJ
"great place to hide out."
needed to get away from work, kids and everyday life. wife and I just shopped and lounged around. will be doing it again soon.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014