All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
555 Canal St, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

We stay here every visit. ..and it's always wonderful experience.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Cheryl
We loved it, everything was wonderful.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Marya
"Big Disappointment!"
The prices were raised extremely high because there was a music festival going on. Every staffer was extremely rude. When I talked to the manager, I felt brushed off. For the prices, the service should have been much better. Never again.
3 night business trip Jul 3, 2015
Katina
It was a short stay, but great location. Easy walk to bourbon street. But far enough away to get a good night sleep.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Lester
Great place to stay.
3 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Portia
New Orleans trip was a nice experience!
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
JAIME
"Internet users beware!"
After traveling through and staying in 5 different states, the Marriott was the first hotel where I could not access the Internet without paying! I was dumbfounded. Hotels in rural Kentucky and Tennessee and Mississippi offered free Internet access, but not a major hotel chain in a major U.S. City! So travelers be forewarned - if your reservation is made through a third party and you are not a Marriott rewards member, be prepared to pay if you want WiFi in your room. Also, request a room at the far end of a floor, away from elevator pod, noisiest stay I have ever had, and one of my other hotels was near the Louisiville airport!
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"clean with good service"
The staff are pleasant and accommodating. It is a well organized experience at this Marriott. Our room was clean. We were 4 to the room and when we asked for clean towels they brought just 2 which is a small annoyance yet one that can be avoided. We were also unaware that due to code regulations a roll away is not permitted. Had we known this ahead of time we would have booked a 2nd room when they were available. Again not a big deal bur a way to improve.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Tracy
Excellent location
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
Jeffery
"Mardi Gras at the Marriott"
Mardi Gras. Reasonable rates!
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
This was my wife's and I second stay at the hotel and again we loved everything about it. This will definitely be our place to stay everytime we come to New Orleans.From the hospitality to the room,we really feel like we are home.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Trendelle
"NoLa getaway"
Hotel is super organized, pretty and easy to reach. It's located extremely well
4 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Turn 21 once"
The only thing I would suggest is a shuttle from the airport
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Jill C
"Staycation"
hotel is located right in the middle of the fun! we were very comfy in out room and within walking distance of shopping, great restaurants, bars and BEIGNETS! Check in was atrocious: very few workers behind the check in counter, the line completely filled the entry way and part of the lobby, and it took 30 minutes to check in. workers cab hold baggage for you while you wait for your room, which is a plus! we were charged for parking both at the valet stand and on our hotel bill...inefficient systems that apparently aren't connected.
2 night trip May 23, 2015
"Memorial Day Weekend: Expect to Wait"
Hour wait just to check in, then a 2 HOUR+ wait to get into our room. We had to call and complain to manager before FINALLY getting any attention and we were able to get into our room twenty minutes later. Shouldn't have to work so hard to get good service. Also the bartenders suck. Take forever to bring you a drink and ignore you if you just need a glass of water.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Alexandra
Had a great time. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Pool was nice.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Staff were helpful"
Due to a miscommunication between Expedia and the hotel, we had been booked for a room that wouldnt work for us. Luckily the hotel was extremely helpful, making sure we had enough space for a comfortable stay. Grateful for the above average service of the front desk.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Disappointing"
Very disappointed. They were remodeling the room on the floor above us. Promptly at 8am both Saturday and Sunday mornings we were awakened to hammering, scraping and other loud noises. When we tried to take an afternoon nap, more hammering until 6 pm. Not a relaxing nor restful weekend getaway.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Suzi
"Good hotel near Bourbon St"
Overall a nice hotel. I was a little upset by no free wi-fi in the rooms. There is free wifi in the lobby.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Very nice! Rooms are a little dated, but location was a plus!
Other trip May 29, 2015
Connie
"New Orleans Marriott ROCKS!!!"
Overall great property!! Serious nice location..1 block from French Quarter
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Edward
"Rest"
Great
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Cyril
Location perfect , walking distance to everything .
Shawn
"Very Nice Hotel"
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and the bed was extra comfortable. Good central location to most things. I would stay there again.
"Excellent!!"
Close to family on royal st.Out the front door your at french quarter and 10 min walk to french market, river,casino. Jon at front desk was very helpful and the other staff members as well.Thanks to all!
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
randy
"Great hotel on Canal!"
We booked a room with double beds but the hotel mistakenly booked us a single. However they upgraded us to a king suite with a kitchenette and living area with amazing views of the french quarter, canal street, and the Mississippi river at no extra cost plus they gave us complimentary free breakfast. The hotel is modern and very clean. The beds are extremely comfortable. Valet parking and quick transportation if needed. The location of this hotel put us in the middle of all the fun...great restaurants, tons of shops and short walk to practically anywhere in the french quarter that you want to go.
Crystal
This was my girlfriends first time to New Orleans and it had been ten years since I was last there. I wanted to get a hotel near the French Quarter where we could have the entire experience. The Marriott did just that! The room was very nice and clean with an excellent view of Canal Street and partial river views. We didn't have much interaction with the staff, but everyone was very nice when we did. I highly recommend this hotel on a trip to New Orleans!
3 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Justin
"Horrible service and staff, good room and view."
Where to begin. First, be prepared to pay $50 a night for parking. That is a little tidbit they leave out. We checked in at 6pm Saturday night on Memorial weekend and they had one desk person to check in 50+ guests. It took an hour to get our car parked in their garage and another hour just to check in and get a room key. It was ridiculous. Then they put us on a floor that had just been refurbished the night before and the paint smell was overwhelming. We changed rooms. No bottled water in the room. They charged $2 for bottled water. We stopped at the concierge desk to ask where we could get good crawfish and she didn't know. I mean come on, it's New Orleans. The concierge couldn't even look us in the face. The last straw was when we were in our room and I was naked and my wife was in the bathroom and housekeeping just walked in. They didn't knock on the door or announce themselves but just walked right in. We complained to security and they confirmed that it was housekeeping. The security officers were the only ones in that hotel that knew what they were doing. They were professional, attentive and very nice. They rest of the staff was clueless. Oh, by they way, did I mention that they charge $50 a night for parking your car there? Horrible. I will NOT be back to another Marriott.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Hot"
The upgrades to the room were nice visually but the room was small and the air conditioner did not work. Repair men were there twice to no avail. It remained hot throughout our 4 day stay. Also, I was trapped on an elevator for over an hour at this hotel.
"Construction hell"
They won't tell that they a doing a major remodel
Other trip May 25, 2015
Bachelorette/bachelor party. We had a great experience.
"The best experience"
It was great
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
joseph
Excellent location, very nicely maintained, beautiful outdoor pool area. Only small complaint would be that our room had a distinct cleaning-supply smell that was hard to ignore. But overall, I found very little room for improvement.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Ken
"Beautiful hotel"
Enjoyed our stay, hotel is very close to bourbon street and to the river walk!
3 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Valerie
"Toilet"
Toilet didn't work had to put hand n back of toilet to flush. Told lady at desk she said they renovating rooms. I told her that was not my concern
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Jmariel
"Ok hotel, rip off during jazz fest"
Room was ok... I paid nearly double their normal rate because of jazz fest and i wasn't too happy with the price for the accommodations. It's definitely on par with hotels that cost about half what i paid. The food was surprisingly good when we ordered room service. The accommodations are relatively clean but not fancy or special in any way. The location is great for things-to-do around new orleans.
4 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Trevor
"great location, lousey bathroom details"
our room was so small- we bumped into each other. the shower had N pressure and made it difficult to shower. Also, the hairdryer that was provided overheated every time - make me let it cool down 3 times while trying to blowdry my hair. not fun. the staff was terrific - all very nice and accommodating.
4 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Betsy
"Marriott room horror"
Got to hotel after driving 8 hours from Dallas. The check-in girl greeted us nicely after we had to wait 30 min in line. She asked our name and started looking it up. She kept typing and finally I asked if there was an issue. She said she couldn't find our name so I pulled up reservation on hotels email and she kept typing away not saying anything. She got very rude to us and said she couldn't find it. We started to panic because it was already paid for and she wasn't helping. She said she had to talk to her manager. She finally came back and said she found it but instead of apologizing for everything tried to sell us an upgraded room on a higher floor. We finally got to our room in 921 and it smelled really bad like mildewey and there was a whole in the wall below the window. We had to call and ask for them to spray something to make it smell better. We will not stay there again
3 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"Mahalo"
Great Location-good service
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Petrina
"Nice hotel close to the French Quarter."
Excellent hotel but very expensive. Close to the French Quarter. Parking fee is excessive.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Great Place for the Jazz Festival Shuttle"
room could have been cooler. The air conditioning said one thing, but the room usually felt warmer. This was a room due to be updated, but was nice enough. An extra night requested wasn't offered until we were about to check out. But we did get one and were able to stay where we were. Every employee was very, very courteous and wanted to help.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Catheryn M
"Good location average staff"
Nice hotel in good location. Staff was somewhat mediocre though. Had to walk by fried chicken spread about outside the elevator for an entire day and night. I told two different desk clerks about it and they told me the night crew would take care of it. How about " I'm so sorry that the day crew ignored it. I'll go take care of that right away."
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Ok, after I complained..."
Toilet was dirty. Had to ask the staff to clean it two times and someone finally did at 3am. Slept in the bed and the next morning noticed a big stain on the comforter. After we complained they finally moved us to a cleaner more updated room. I love the location of this hotel and the staff was helpful after we complained enough times.
Response by Marriott - New Orleans
Melissa, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to learn of the challenges you experienced in the first room you received. We have shared this feedback with our team to ensure they were an isolated incident which is corrected moving forward. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future and exceed your expectations.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Great Time!"
Everything went smoothly. This hotel is in a good location and have great service.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
De'Anne
"Nice hotel, location, room very small"
Friendly staff, enjoyed a music festival and liked staff and location
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Very accessible to everything!"
I like the fact that the hotel was smack dab in the "middle" sort of, the French quarter. It is the first time I've visited the city and was not expecting how easy to go places and transport is not even that necessary unless one wants to go outside of the city.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Lionel
"Best location for french quarter."
Very convenient for walking the french quarter and riverfront park areas.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Dale
"Easy access to the Quarter"
There were four of us in the room but there was only one chair....not that we needed 4 but 2 would have been nicer.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Location can not be beat"
Great location, comfortable bed, a little disappointed our room didn't have a dresser
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Deborah T
"Close to French Quarter"
Hotel was nice and convenient, they did not have the room I requested.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015