All hotels in Newport Beach, California, United States of America
900 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA, 92660, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Unbeatable Service"
Stayed at this wonderful hotel right before this past Christmas. The stay was due to a weekend getaway as well as an engagement. The hotel staff was impeccable. Everyone was courteous, friendly and helped make the weekend very special. The concierge was amazing and provided last minute amenities such as flowers and champagne and had them delivered right before check in. The hotel staff definitely helped make it a weekend to remember. Thank you!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Bad policy"
Because I booked my room through hotel.com I had to pay for wifi, bad policy.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Just a quick "girls night" & what a lovely way to spend it. The hotel was excellent. Staff very friendly & helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Siobhan
Great! Walking distance to Fashion Island
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"would stay again"
It was nice but I paid for a bayview room all I seen was the golf course.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Donald
"Just perfect !!"
This hotel is beautiful and exceeded our expectations. The surrounding area is gorgeous, and it's right across the street from Fashion Island. Everything was immaculate. Staff was super friendly
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
rose
"Nice stay in Newport Beach"
We had a really nice time in Newport Beach at this hotel. Everything was fine. My only complaint is that our room looked out onto the hotel roof. The hotel had a very low occupancy while we were there so I would've liked a better view without having to ask for it. It is very close to Fashion Island - a plus! And to local tennis facilities.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"To much noise."
Staff was great, hotel is beautiful, however, if you want to sleep through the night and you want to sleep past 6am DO NOT stay here. Outside noises were awful. Our room had a great view of the bay and the ocean, also got to hear the trash being dumped at night and then the mornings had machines beeping while backing up just below our room. As nice as the hotel and staff are we will probably never stay again.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
My first room accommodation was unbearable with an awful perminating foul odor; however, the staff quickly resolved the situation, and moved us to a better room and location! The staff that was involved with helping us out with the room was manager Sean, Mrs. Paulk, Ryan, thanks to you all! Christine the spa manager was absolutely accommodating and pleasant! We loved her whole demeanor and superb professionalism! Thanks Christine! Thanks to you all for making our stay a rememberable one!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Carmen
"Great review for a great hotel"
I was very happy with my stay at the hotel. I read some of the other reviews that had negative comments and did not experience anything like they did. Everything from the valet, check in, breakfast Sunday morning, comfort of the room, staff was absolutely the best. I will definitely stay at this hotel again
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"holiday get away"
We enjoyed it very much
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Mediocre Marriott at 5 star location"
Nickel and diminig, horrible bed mattresses and super clogged shower tub kill the positives of great location, decent ambiance and an excellent, heated outdoor pool. Breakfast buffet was so-so. Will not repeat unless more perks than the complimentary parking is thrown in. I will say that the late checkout on Sunday was a great gesture.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Razab
"Christmas weekend"
The property was great. We waiting 60 min for our bags to be delivered and the wait staff in the lounge was a little slow, I think it was bc of Christmas. We'll staff here again though.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Nice lodgings, near beach, near shopping."
Great lodging, near freeways, shopping and my family for the holidays.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Grandfather
We stayed one night at this hotel so as to not have to drive home after a Christmas party. It is a typical Marriott. The nice thing about it is its location. Right across from the mall. Nice walking distance for shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
ellen
"We will return!"
Excellent!!!
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Bernadette
"Great south beach location"
Great spot for enjoying the beach and boating/diving activities. Aside from nice but pricy onsite options, there are good near by inexpensive markets and food places.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
DINKS
"Very nice with a warm welcome!"
Quick overnight trip with my daughter. Room was clean and comfortable. Close to Fashion Island and great places to eat. Will definitely stay again
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Muy bueno!"
It was mágic!' Thank you
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
gabriela
"Poor Service"
Rude doorman. Reserved a king bed for both rooms and got twin beds.
Response by Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa
We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, and we have unfortunately fallen short during your recent stay. It is our commitment to provide exceptional service, and we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Newport Beach.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Yousif
"Lovely stay"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The resort is well maintained. Parking and interenet are additional costs.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Great location for exploring Newport beach area"
We stayed over the thanksgiving holiday,, Great location and the service was very good.. I was nonplussed by the addons. $30 a day to park the car? lame and in this day and age charging for internet is super lame. 15 bucks a day Lucky I had my hotspot
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Timothy
Most of the stay was okay, the hotel was not full yet we ended up in a section of the hotel where the elevator was not working more over there was just one elevator no other option. You have to climb down. We stayed there for 2 days with 2 kids and all the luggage. For the class of the hotel and cost i cannot understand why they would have a section of the hotel build with just one elevator. I will try the Hyatt across the next time I am there. Great location and views.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
From the moment I arrived at the hotel to the moment I checked out, I had a wonderful experience at the Newport Beach Marriott. The room was great and the bed was super comfortable. This trip was for business, but I would absolutely bring my family to this property! Only downside was having to pay for internet service.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"nice hotel, but not what i paid for"
Beautiful hotel in beautiful area. When I walked into my room the thermostat was set to 90 degrees, very unpleasant. The balcony I was told I would get when I upgraded to a deluxe ocean front room was non existent. When I called the front desk to tell them these things they told me sorry and that they'd make a note for my next stay. Uh, how does that fix the problem right now? There won't be a next stay .
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"good stay and great location"
This hotel is across street from Fashion Island which is great if you are in shopping and looking for good places to eat our room had a great ocean view and the facility was in good condition I hate the parking fees but I am now used to them. $25 for overnight parking seems little high overall good hotel
"Nice hotel but..."
My husband and I were in Newport Beach for a very quick visit. Having stayed at the Marriott Newport Beach Bayview before, we thought this Marriott would also be as comfortable and pleasant. Granted, grounds are pretty and the lobby is inviting, however the room was not up to par. It was clean but, it was small, the bed was uncomfortable and the tiny pillows were less than adequate. making for a restless sleep.
Response by Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you did not get a restful night’s sleep, as that is one of the most important parts of any hotel experience. We are currently in the process of putting new pillows in our guest rooms, and that will be completed by month’s end. I will also have our team look into the condition of the bed, as we want to ensure it meets our guest’s and the hotel’s highest standards.
"Really nice resort. Loved the location!"
Had a perfectly great time and will stay there again.
Tracey
"1 year anniversary"
Great experience and the staff was unbelievably AWSOME!!! little high in price but i think it is worth it
dhushan
"Honeymoon night, thanks!"
It was great, what can I say. Thanks for your beautiful hotel and nice view
"Newport Vaca"
Love this hotel, older and needs updated in some of the outside areas. Our room had an odd smell, but other than that it was great.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"couples trip"
this was our first time in Newport beach, very nice hotel, very nice area, the only thing was our sink in our bathroom was clogged but it wasn't that much of an inconvenience..
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Maria
"Smelly"
Room has a horrible smell and people partied at the fire pit on the patio till after 2am and kept me awake
Response by Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa
Please accept my sincere apology for the unpleasant experience you had during your recent stay. We take tremendous pride in ensuring our rooms are fresh and clean, and I am disappointed we fell short. I will make sure that is an area of focus for our Housekeeping and Engineering departments. It is also disappointing to hear you were not able to get a good night’s sleep. We do have a 10pm limit on our outdoor space, and I will look into why the noise disturbances continued into the early morning hours. Your experience did not meet your, and my, expectations and I hope we can welcome you back and show you what an exceptional stay at our hotel looks and feels like!
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
"One night stand"
For one night only - too bad you charge for parking
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great choice for coastal Newport Beach"
This Marriott is very nice; the room was updated, clean and the beds were very comfy. The location is right across the street from Fashion Island - convenient for eating and shopping. Only snags was a room service misorder and lamp not working - small oversights that keep it from being top rated.
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
"Nice stay in Newport Beach!"
First stay at the Marriott Newport Beach and it was very nice!
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Matthew
"Very good Hotel"
I have been in the hotel just one night but everything was fine. One complaint is about the fact that after meednight anything to eat is available in the entire hotel, if you are hungry after meednight you have to give up.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Great hotel and stay..hotel staff not up to par"
Great weekend spot. We checked in Saturday and checked out on Monday. Upon arrival there was an event going on so it was a busy night, but valet guided us right in and helped with unloading our bags. We checked in quickly and made our way to our room. We got a deluxe view and the walk to the room was nice and short and the walk was gorgeous. Got a ground floor room with a view of the pool. Very comfortable room, my girlfriend absolutely loved how comfortable the bed was.Got great sleep and very comfortable shower. Got a little freaked out when we found an ugly looking spider coming down from the ceiling while getting ready. Sliding door was great to walk outside and enjoy the view and the weather. Left the door open essentially all morning to enjoy the weather. The only thing I was not happy with was a few days (4 days) before checking in, I made a request to have extra pillows and to my surprise, that request was not made the first night. The next day I brought it up to the front desk and Chris was awesome about it, apologizing and was very courteous. Told him I would be going to brunch at noon and if they could have the room cleaned while we were gone and to leave a few extra glasses and the extra pillows they had forgotten the night before. Overall the hotel was a GREAT spot to stay at. Lots of dining options close by at Fashion Island. Overall, I would stay here again, but probably won't try to request or rely on staff to get me anything.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
We enjoyed the hotel and the location was perfect for the event we were attending. BUT we couldn't believe that we had to pay for parking and use of the internet! Paying a high enough price without adding on to it!
5 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"As expected, comfortable stay by Fashion Island."
We stayed here for only 1 night and checked in very late. Location is good, next to Fashion Island. Check in was easy, staff was courteous. Hotel was clean. Did not have the opportunity to visit gym or pool. Would consider staying here again if the price was decent.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
"Lovers getaway"
We were on the seventh floor overlooking the golf course and had a view of the ocean, it was exquisite. We were greeted by every staff member we came in contact with. I would highly recommend this hotel~ We can't wait to go back! The only thing we wished we had in the room was a mini fridge. Nice work Marriott!! We'll be back ;)
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Deborah
Excellent room, comfortable but small. Nice view of the pool.
2 night trip Oct 21, 2014
Connie
What a beautiful spot for a weekend stop over. The Fashion Mall next door (walking distance) was a great experience.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Rob
"Fair"
The hotel was great had allot going on it was big quiet rooms felt kind of small for the price and the driving down a few hours from northern California to shower in a shower that flooded didn't know if it was dirt or fecal matter they changed me rooms didn't even comp my room they just said they would comp my parking so that was sort of rude I don't know what kind of decease infested water we stepped on but it's over and done overall great place mostly because Newport is awesome
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Great hotel, easy for the relax."
After a few days at Disneyland, my family and I relaxed here for the day before returning home. Nice overall hotel, great staff, kids had a blast at pool. If I had to say anything off, the bed as a bit hard for my taste and the pillows were poor. The neighborhood, was good, if shopping was the key, but we did do the beach and bike rides, so the drive, with limited traffic, was about 15 minutes to the beach.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
It was eexcellent except last day was noisy from neighborhood he was on Higer Villa
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Fahd
"Great-!"
Lovely hotel near fashion island.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"10/10 would stay here again"
This hotel is perfect in every way! Friendly staff, goegeous room and awesome location!
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Well worth the money"
Very nice hotel. Excellent service. Only issue was the mattress. Will definitely stay again with the kids.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
Ava
"disappointed"
They gave us room. Than made my Handicapped wife walk distance of a city blocks to another room.and at 170 they should include wifi.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014