All hotels in Newport Beach, California, United States of America
900 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA, 92660, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Great pool
    Uncomfortable
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Disaapointed"
The room was much smaller than I expected. The bathroom did have a smell to it and we tried to do a breakfast at the hotel and we found a roach. When we told the staff they just moved us to a different table. We ended up not eating there and then did not order room service at all the whole stay as roaches are a sign of dirtiness and to me is the grossest insect ever. This made our stay hard as we had a 2 year old with us so we could not go out to eat and ended up going to bed hungry most nights. It was kind of a disappointment however the staff was nice.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Tina
"Marriott never dissapoints! Service was great!!!"
Service was excellent!
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Cristian
"I would stay again."
Nice hotel with perfect location next to nice mall with lots of restaurants. Only down fall was mattress wasn't comfortable and hurt my back.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Nate
Super friendly staff top to bottom. Would like to stay here again.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Mac
"Girls night out"
Very lovely hotel. Had a very relaxing stay. Had a dip in the hot tub with friends. Would definitely come back and stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Karla
"Weekend stay"
The hotel was nice, clean and friendly staff. The only negative aspect was the parking fee. Too much
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Unhappy stay at the Marriott"
The service is slow. The phone took a long time to be answered when calling for service ( from the room for service).personal items ex: toothbrush/toothpaste should be available instead of asking for it). Valet parking cost $33/day which is not disclosed on the ad. Requested for 2 beds & the charge went thru. When arrived in the hotel, was told upon arrival only king bed available. That's why called service which took a long time to be answered with room phone call to the service & use of my own cell phone til someone answers the phone to inquire for the roll away bed.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Primavera
Overall, very nice and nice area. Hotel staff very helpful and accommodating. Being the Marriott, some of room essentials were lacking some menial maintenance ie;bed frame and fit of mattress, balcony ballusters
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Marriott so so"
Although the staff we did encounter was friendly and knowledgeable they seemed quite understaffed in all areas but the valet/bellmen. The restraunt was quite slow once you did order and the food was pretty good. Great location in Newport Beach w easy access to corona del mar and Laguna beach. Will probably choose a different hotel for next visit.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Caroline
Service was very slow. Not a very friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
fey
"Great Newport Getaway"
Great hotel with friendly staff at a great price!
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great managers"
There was some confusion at the front desk while we were checking in,close to midnight, but the response of the night hotel manager was very professional and efficient, and the next day manager followed up to ensure we had a good stay - we will be back because these managers do care! And the hotel was comfortable.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Liliana
"location, location, location"
Stayed with some friends when attending a party. The staff was courteous. Lucked out and was able to get early check in. Love the fruited water in the lobby.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"just ok"
seemed a little expensive for me, but just stayed one night, location was good for us, they put us in the back of the hotel in the older part, said we would over look the golf course! got to the room, looked outside, couldn't get the slidding door open, finally did, but only enough to wiggle out, our view was high bushes, no golf course that I could see!!! Next morning went to sit outside to drink coffee, so much traffic from the hotel staff, hauling stuff to the rest of the hotel, just wasn't an enjoyable stay, will look somewhere else when I'm back in town
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Not at All worth the $$$$"
Not staying here again!!! For the price this was a huge disappointment anyone that understands this location expects a much better place! I think that's ALL they have going is location! They don't mention half the rooms are "Motel" and you have to leave and go outside the hotel near parking to enter your room! Oh and $26 Self Park Fee! That's not even Valet!!
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"The hotel was in a nice location."
Nice location - close to shopping and the beach. Friendly staff with nice amenities - pools, restaurant, snack shop, etc.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Marla
Hotel was awesome. Customer service was impeccable. Don't like the fact that you're nickel and dimed on other amenities.i.e. business center internet, wifi, parking.
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Excellent Hotel across from shopping pavilion. The only negative is that if you have two beds there are only twin beds not queen size which would have been more comfortable. Otherwise, everything else was fantastic.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Hotel is close to where we want to see - Balboa Island, Dunes, etc.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
L
"Unwind and Recharge"
I live about 10 miles from this hotel, it's a great place to unwind and recharge, especially with the mall across the street and breakfast in the morning.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
shawn
"Anniversary weekend stay"
We had an amazing experience at the Marriott Hotel and Spa bathe service we received was extraordinary. They greeted us with a smile and they sentus on our way with a smile. My husband and I stayed there to celebrate our anniversary weekend and they helped make our experience wonderful- definitely a core memory.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Janette
A+ hotel and staff!!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. One of the best experiences I've had in a long time.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great location to shop but hotel needs updating!!!"
Great location across from NB fashion island. Nice valet and hotel staff but hotel looks old and needs a facelift. Beds very ok, a little creeky and not as good as normal Marriott properties. wouldnt stay here unless no other choices!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Recommend this hotel!"
Stayed at hotel while attending a nearby wedding. Very nice. Convenient to shopping, Newport Beach/Coast. Found the hotel clean and the staff very helpful. Would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel Next To Great Shopping"
I stayed at this hotel for two nights on business last week. It is right across the street from Fashion Island shopping center. You can literally walk there. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are too. I especially like how nice the bathrooms were with plenty of towels and space. The lighting in the room is excellent with lots of lamps (I have trouble seeing so important for me). Nice little coffee/tea machine in the room that actually worked, along with a room safe. Room service was prompt and the food was excellent with generous portions. The hotel itself is beautiful and in excellent condition. I felt like I was staying in a 5 star. I will definitely return.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Hotel staff was wonderful. From the time we checked in, to the time we left. Very friendly and courteous. They responded to any extra request we ask for promptly. Would definitely return.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Alfosno
"horrible experience"
if there were a way to give 0 stars I woild. 1 is being generous. this hotel was the biggest waist of money we have ever spent. we paid extra for a breakfast package, which hotels.com sold us, however we were told by the hotel that they don't even sell. out 36$ there. we paid extra for a room with an ocean view. when arriving we were informed that they over booked and stuck us in some closet space room and did not refund us the difference. we paid an 100$ for the ability to charge to the room.. I am now going to have to fight with them because today I see they charged each thing sperately and kept the money I put down for extra charges. the hotel is a far cry from the pictures, overall very disappointed. we travel to the OC each month for business and I can guarantee you, it money is better spent elsewhere.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Rebecca
"awesome"
great presentation
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
shona
"Still a leading hotel of the area"
The Newport Beach Marriott is a lovely hotel in the heart of all the action of Orange County. We enjoyed a beautiful 9th floor room looking out to the Back Bay estuary and golf course. Though we didn't stay long enough to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel, we enjoyed our quiet, elegant room. This hotel is over 20 years old but is kept current with impeccable refurbishing. The only adverse comment I might share about the hotel is the considerable walking distant from the front desk to the tower elevator. The self-parking lot is the opposite direction from the lobby, so we walked an unexpectedly long way between those points.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"5 star definitely"
From the time we arrived at 4:50a ( due to flight delays) the staff was friendly and fast to get us checked into our room. The staff checked up on us to make sure we had a good restful night and offered us a late check out. The on sight Starbucks was a huge plus for our family. Everything was clean and easy to find around the grounds. The room was bigger than most that we stayed in and super clean.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Gerald
One night for a wedding. We enjoyed it!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"about having fun!"
My trip down for Newport jazz festival was great and hotel was great. Also loved the location right across from the mall!
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Earnest
"Wonderful place for a family vacation"
I absolutely love this hotel. The pools are amazing with lots of seating and very relaxing, they have pool toys (i.e. beach balls and pool noodles), they landscaping is absolutely beautiful and tasteful, the parking garage is very convenient to get to the hotel rooms, you have a view of the ocean from the hotel. The best part about this hotel is that I feel safe here. It is just my daughter and I when we travel and it is very important to me to be safe and secure. Having the Fashion Island right across the street is an amazing bonus. Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip May 29, 2015
April
"Excellent service"
Customer service was excellent, especially the person who checked us in.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Elmer
"Choose different hotel"
Booked double room but when we got there they told us double rooms are sold already. Housekeeping brought additional bed which was really uncomfortable and the room was extremely small! Staff was polite but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Dubious."
very noisy rooms....can hear showers/toilets from other rooms and footsteps from room above. service in restaurant the worst!
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Benson
"Business + Family trip."
Business trip plus family trip. No problems, Marriott does NOT do that obnoxious "resort fee" BS which is a BIG factor for me when picking a hotel. $33 for parking per night is a bit steep. Room was fine, pool was nice and uncrowded. Easy walk to a bunch of restaurants.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Ed
"Mini vacay"
excellent place to getaway at!!!
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
steve
"Nice Hotel but not close enough to the beach for m"
Very nice room, beautiful pool. Close to the mall but area did not have the beachy feel we were looking for. Parking is very expensive
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"LACK OF COMMUNICATION"
The Hotel and room were great, but the service seemed to lack communication. Literally! The phone in the hotel room did not work, and when I tried to call the front desk from my cell phone I wasn't getting service (AT&T is my carrier). When I walked down to front desk and voiced this concern they said they would send someone to my room to fix, and they did not. The entire reason for my stay was to order room service, and relax as my lower back is messed up. I found myself walking to and from the lobby and having to travel outside of hotel to eat and make phone calls. This defeated my whole purpose for the weekend.
1 night trip May 15, 2015
Regin
"Newport"
We visit at least 3 times a year. We always have a great stay
Other trip May 12, 2015
Teri
"gteat location to shopping, beach, and resturants."
Great location to shopping, beach, and resturants. Staff is the best in the business!!
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Weekend get away"
Lovely
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Ricky
"First time staying here won't be the last"
Have to go to Oc for business often. This was my first time satying at this hotel. Have to say I really liked it. Room seemed pretty newly renovated, it felt extremely clean. Had a nice view of the pool and the ocean in the distance. Even though I was there for work it felt like I was on a mini vacation. The only thing I cannot comment on is the restaurants or bar as I did not have any meals on the property.
Other trip May 6, 2015
kjk
"Great Experience!"
Everything was great! The hotel was very clean and very well managed. The view was great in the heart of Newport Beach, a paradise in itself!
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Brett
"Last minute weekend getaway!"
All the staff we encountered were very pleasant, courteous and professional. Greeted at the door and escorted to the front desk who checked us in very quickly. Nice room, clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Bradley
Everyone on the staff is so happy. Very well managed hotel.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Maria
"Great Family Get-Away"
We had a beautiful and quick overnight stay with the two youngest boys. They enjoyed the pool & jacuzzi, while we relaxed poolside. The view of the ocean from our room was so enjoyable, and the hotel staff was amazing!
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Cheryl
"Great service, tired property"
The staff could not be more attentive and professional. The property has been renovated several times but the rooms are small and the finishes are not high end. The restaurant/bar is sterile and at a remote area of the hotel. Our view was fabulous.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Pam & Gene
"Weekend getaway"
The hotel and resort is gorgeous. I wish I had more time to explore the grounds. There are 3 beautiful pools. The room was clean with a great view. The staff was friendly, welcoming and courteous. The only thing I was not aware of was the parking fee, I wasn't expecting to pay $28 for parking. And there is a fee to use the wifi. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015