All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1 Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"3 night stay"
Overall this was a good experience. The staff was pleasant and the room was wwell furnished. However, it took us two days before our room was cleaned. There was a problem with our digital do not disturb light and the front desk failed to take care of it. Their bar/lounge, top of the Mark is excellent and a must see.
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Classic hotel!!"
I was concerned about some of the negative reviews before deciding to stay here. I'm glad I did not listen to the negative reviews. The room was wonderful. The hotel was wonderful. The staff was fabulous! Can't wait to return!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
jeff
"Lives up to reputation"
Former local resident knows the hotel reputation for high quality. Totally lived up to the reputation. Excellent in all respects, from doorman first encounter to departure at the front desk. One night stay and did not utilize restaurant dining or room service.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Classy classic hotel"
Beautiful neighborhood, great views, classy classic hotel, very comfortable beds, great TV, windows that actually open to let in fresh air. The only downside is that the hotel gym is sterile and uninviting.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Carl
"iconic hotel stay"
Wonderful historic hotel
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
james
"Beautiful Hotel"
Viewed several hotels before deciding on this one. Definitely one of the best hotels in San Francisco. Beautiful hotel with luxury old world charm.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Virgo
"InterContinental Mark Hopkins"
Valet parking was a bit confusing as a first time visitor. It was also a bit pricey, but in line with hotels in the area.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great location, great hotel!"
The staff was pleasant, polite and efficient. The room was very comfortable with a good view. The hotel is a classic. I chose it for it's excellent location. I look forward to staying there again.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Chilimac
"Best location in San Francisco"
I've been to San Francisco 4 times before, but this hotel made the difference of the whole city experience, being so well located.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Nice hotel weird restaurant."
My son and I stayed one night at Mark Hopkins on way to Pebble Beach. Overall we had a pleasant stay, everything was above average. However, when we tried to go up to see if we wanted to eat there we were rebuffed by the host for wanting to look inside the dining room, we then asked to sit at the bar while we waited for a table. We were told that the bar had a wait list and we'd have to wait in the foyer. Pretty bizarre! We left and ate at a nice Italian restaurant 2 blocks away.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Kid friendly service"
Couldn't have asked for more welcoming hotel service. Hotel managers were courteous, dining staff kid friendly, room service is worth a phone call -ask for Carolyn! Upgraded to room with a view of GG-kids loved it!!!! Surprised at how many families there were with kids. Made us feel comfortable.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Mark Hopkins on NYE"
My husband and I love Nob Hill. Betweenthe Mark Hopkins and one other hotel on the hill, we spend more than a week in SF each year, especially during the Holidays. The MH location and service are exquisite The Top of the Mark is our favorite bar in the city. We love its spectacular 360 degree view of SF Great experience all around
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Visiting friends at the holidays"
Check in seamless. After seeing our third floor room check in clerk found us a better room-really spent time on finding us the best possible view. Housekeeper was so friendly. Had to go back for my charger-she had already set it aside. Just a great experience. Will be back next year!!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
cathy and keith
"Gorgeous hotel with all modern convenience"
Great view but it's a hike up Nob Hill If you're a city walker. Took a taxi to airport because we couldn't imagine rolling heavy suitcases down those steep hills to BART!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Great stay atop Nob Hill"
Beautiful views, comfortable room on 12th floor with 2 double beds.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Top of Nob Hill. Can't beat the view. old world"
Stayed right after Christmas and loved walking up the hill where the cable car runs
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
My husband wanted to stay at the Mark Hopkins because on his previous trips to San Fran., he had been told that it was very nice upscale hotel. That was not the case on our stay, The one elevator at the hotel was not working most of our stay .We had a room on the 4 th floor and there was no public steps to get to our floor except for the ER exit steps. The hotel has bar (TOP of Mark) located at the top of the hotel. When the bar was open - the public would use one of the 2 remaining working elevators to get to the bar. Therefore, the guest of the hotel had only one elevator to use. We would have to wait for some time for an elevator to leave or enter our floor. At times we were forced to use the ER exit steps. We did contact the staff 2-3 times about the elevator problem, but the hotel staff did not appear concerned about the problem or care if the elevator was not working . Also the lobby at the hotel was small, People going to Top the Mark would fill the lobby and as guest you really could not use the lobby. The room we had was to be deluxe room but was small.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice hotel great service"
Quick get away weekend with the wife....nice but time to revamp rooms..
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Juan
"Encore"
One of our San Francisco favorites. Always excellent. One complaint is lighting for women to apply make up. It is poor. Need to take a lighted make up mirror.
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Ronald
"Great Xmas overnight stay in lovely hotel"
Comfortable overnight stay in central San Francisco on Xmas day. Very good service, friendly helpful staff. We walked everywhere .. quite a workout with all the steep hills!
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Valerie J
"San Francisco at its best!"
Walking distance to North Beach, Union Square or Chinatown. There should be no cover at Top of the Mark for hotel guests.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Michele
A lovely hotel in the heart of the City. Great views above the 10th floor. Our room was surprisingly spacious.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Just excellent!"
Just excellent! I planned a solo getaway to SF for seeing a Christmas service at the Grace Cathedral, and the hotel was not only located conveniently, but has become a very nice addition to the pleasure I've got there. Thank you.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2014
Iryna
"Nutcracker stay"
Great stay.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"One of the best in SF"
I throw charity events in SF, so I know all the hotels. The Mark Hopkins is one of my favorites! Many other older hotels have been ruined by new owners trying to 'modernize' which takes the charm away. The Mark Hopkins stays true to its age as a classic hotel.
3 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
"Almost affordable luxury in downtown San Francisco"
For those who can afford it, this is a lovely, albeit dated, grand old hotel in the heart of the business district of San Francisco. Even our 2nd floor (corner) room had great views of the city and was relatively quiet. The bedding was very comfortable, room was clean and everything but the coffee maker worked fine. Of course, expect to pay for the location and the ambience. Don't take your car unless you really need it since parking in the garage is $55 a day, and impossible to find on the street. The ground floor restaurant breakfast buffet is good but cost $30, and you can't order off a menu. The Top of the Mark restaurant on the 18th floor has tremendous views, and is a great place to have a drink and appetizers. But get there early in the evening or you're likely to wait a while. Overall, we had a nice stay and would go back to the Intercontinental, especially in the off season.
4 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
David R
"Walk tour"
Lovely! We love to walk and climb the streets of SF!
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Rose
"xmas get together"
Sent you a letter Staff are wonderful Bath tubs need gauards fo seniors and Upholstery in main entrance is very dingy and dirty
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
robert
"Cat's Meow"
Stayed with my wife for an amazing Cat Stevens concert at the beautiful Masonic Auditorium a block from the hotel. Its a great old iconic hotel in a fabulous spot on Nob Hill. We really felt special staying here, and the service was outstanding. My only complaint might be the antiquated elevators, just be prepared to wait a while since you cant use the stairs. Not a big deal, though. We will definitely be back at The IMH for our next concert at the Masonic.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
philip
"Beautiful but pricey"
Beautiful hotel. Clean room but pillows on bed were far too big.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Tired and busy"
Great location. Old hotel that is showing its age. Parking is $61 per night which they didn't inform me about when parking the car. Rental car was only $41 per night so it cost more to park than the rent the car. Walls are thin. I felt like I was in an adult movie with the people next door. Rooms are tired, need a facelift. Usually have to wait for the elevator with all the people going to the Top of the Mark. 750ml Evian bottles in the room for $8.50. If you are going to charge that much, don't even put a bottle in the room as its offensive.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Keith
"Charming Hotel"
Stay was a brief overnight but staff was friendly and attentive. There was a big storm the morning we left and the hotel lost power, the staff was very helpful during the outage.
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
Ian
"Great hitel"
Nice hotel I stay in regularly. A little noise from the street and cable cars, but minor.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
"My Holiday getaway"
I am very pleased to say I enjoyed my stay at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental Hotel. I usually stay across the street at the Fairmont Hotel on top of Nob Hill. Now I can consider another alternate when I decide to visit San Francisco. I had a slight problem the first night there with water coming through the bathroom light fixture. The Front Manager David Valencia had taken care of the problem right away, by assigning me to a room comparable to the same one I had. He sent a letter of apology for the mishap and ordered a bottle of wine along with a sample tray of appetizers cheeses, fruit and nuts to me. I appreciated the complement letter along with the attention to the matter.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Chaneel
"So-So at best"
Only ok experience. Top of the Mark service was non-existent. Stayed a few times before and this time was my least positive experience so far.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Excellent hotel.
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Nice place to live
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Vikas
"Unprofessional Bellman"
We asked for an adaptor and the bellman gave me an "universal" adaptor that is absolutely not "universal", had to call the concierge again to ask for one, the bellman came back like he was in hell with the most unpleasing face ever! he's uniform was dirty also.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Family vacation in San Fran"
Great hotel and Top of the Mark is a classic San Francisco experience. Staff was helpful. Rooms are nice but it is an older hotel so expect a few quirks.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
JERRY W.
"Wonderful luxury on Nob Hill"
Fabulous - even if you are at the budget rate on the lower floors the view is wonderful from the front rooms # 18-20-22, looking out over the hotel entrance and the beautiful Flood Mansion (Pacific Union Club)
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
JAMES
"Very Happy!"
Every thing was great! The views were amazing, the staff was very helpful and friendly, the room service was fast and delicious. My only concern, was that the beds not very comfortable. I loved the location. Overall, I had and amazing experience.
5 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Kathryn
"lovely old hotel"
lovely old hotel with beautiful views from the "Top of the Mark" Next year at Thanksgiving we will try their buffet, our stay was very pleasant, staff welcoming and courteous, bed comfortable, will stay there whenever in San Fran.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Geoff
"A needed getaway!"
Always wanted to stay at the Mark Hopkins -great deal and price but was surprised they charged for internet access. Next time I would spend more money to stay in a bigger room. Old world charm & nice view even from the 6th floor.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Kathleen
"Complete unmitigated disaster."
Their "system" was down, so they could not check anyone one in. They sent everyone to the lobby bar where they offered free drinks, which was nice. But we were there as a surprise party for our Dad, who was also waiting in the lobby bar, so we had to hide elsewhere until rooms were ready at 5pm and later. Rooms were so loud, so much noise from all sides, that I thought I was in a fraternity house. There was NO staff in the garage so I had to park my car by myself, and retrieve it, but they still charged me the same $60 that usually includes valet. Terrible staffing and technology situation at a historic hotel, what a shame!
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
todd
"Great view at the Top of the Mark."
Stayed here with my son. It was our second time at this hotel this year. Love the location and especially the Top of the Mark - exceptional view.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
June
"Great deal for an overnight getaway"
Fantastic hotel at a great rate.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Historic!"
Great Area!
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Everything you need from a hotel"
Very nice staff. Large room. Good sized TV. Clean.
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Classic Hotel Experience"
Always love staying at the Mark , and the top of the Mark is not to be missed
2 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Classic elegant SF hotel, rich with history"
Spent the night there because we had a dinner event in the City, and had always wanted to stay there but never had a reason to as we live nearby. Check in went fine, and though at first we were told they could not give us an upgrade (we had booked through Expedia standard room), when she saw that it was my birthday she put us in a deluxe...which I think was simply a higher floor, but much appreciated, as view of Nob Hill neighborhood was lovely. Room was traditional and "old school SF", as were the lobby etc downstairs, which is just what we were hoping for. Went upstairs to Top of the Mark for cocktail before leaving for our dinner event---that was lovely! At first they told us we would have to wait 20 mins for a window table and stuck us somewhere crummy, but once they saw me get up and walk around and see several open window tables, they moved us before I could even ask. Everything was fine after that. The room was fine, service good, and when we called down at midnite to tell them there was no tv remote control in the room (Hmmm?), they came right up with a replacement. Parking is pricey ($60) so we used the one right across the street ($42) and taxi'd to our event...still saved $! Location is wonderful--we took cable car to Union Square for breakfast at Sears Fine Foods, another old SF classic, and walked back up the hill and walked around and saw lots of lovely old places on Nob Hill--a great way to enjoy SF overnite if you are a local!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014