All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
999 California Street, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Top of Nob HIll.."
We've stayed at the Mark Hopkins before and I'd say the rooms are nothing special; adequate but not luxurious by any means. They could do better in the little things. For example, most 4 star and 5 star hotels give a free bottle of water, not charge 6 or 7 dollars for one... that's so low end... We've stayed very recently at the Grand Del Mar, the 4 Seasons Biltmore in Santa Barbara, and other places and none of them charge for water and in fact, make sure you have more than enough free bottles. So, this is a turn off to us...
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Suzie
"business trip to san fran"
amazing stay. loved it.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Ahmad Naved
"Nice place to sleep."
Very nice hotel but disappointed that they didn't have a gift shop or a pool. They pointed me in the direction of the Fairmont Hotel located across the street. The location of the hotel is not close to shopping or dining, so you will need to either taxi or walk up/down lots of hills to eat/shop.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"50th Anniversary visit."
Stay here celebrating 50th wedding anniversary. Small but nice corner room. Little disappointed in Nob Hill restaurant as it didn't have the intimacy desired for celebrating anniversary dinner and went elsewhere. Thought the breakfast Buffett was great. Overall service was excellent. Top of the Mark was great with first class bands.
3 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
jerome
I got there a little early for check in. Room not ready .no problem had drink in lounge while I waited. Room still wasn't ready by 3.45. Only was staying for one night. That was only problem. Very nice otherwise.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
mark
"Perfectly-located classic hotel"
The Mark Hopkins is the gold standard when it comes to customer experience. This hotel does not disappoint. The staff is warm and gracious and the service level is set very high. And the location....can't be beat. Gorgeous old-world property with great amenities and address.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
J
"Right in the heart of San Francisco, Grace Cathedr"
Excellent! Enjoyed the friendly staff and location
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
sink/tub were outdated..expect better condition for > $ 400/night, but service was great
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
My wife says "the best hotel I've ever been" .. And I think it says everything...
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
jose
"Stressfull time for front desk"
The computer system went down on the day of our arrival and didn't come back up that day. As we attempted to check in a number of times during the day you could see it was telling on the staff. By the evening with me and check to see the front desk was terse and abrupt. This was notable more so because it was the single time during the entire stay we had a poor interaction with any of this outstanding and invested crew.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Location"
Birthday celebration with my mother, daughter and 2 young grandsons.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Good location, on cable car track"
Front desk staff were very polite, allowed us to register before noted checkin time and valet parked the car until we left the next day. Driving directions out of city to Oakland Bay bridge were very easy to follow. Our hotel was very close to the Huntington where our Michigan friends were staying, so it made it very convenient for all of us. Our room was nice, but our view was not the best. That didn't matter too much since we were out and about most of the time anyway.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Hotel is beautiful. Very well maintained, the rooms are a decent size. My biggest complaint is that there was literally a charge for everything. I had to pay $10.95 to get online to print shuttle tickets to the airport and that doesn't even include the per page printing. Over $14 a night for Wifi. It's a beautiful hotel, Top of the Mark is gorgeous, and it's a very comfortable space otherwise.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"BEST TIME"
I went on a combined business trip and to see family. The room was so luxurious and comfortable in the old world elegant style for which the Mark Hopkins is famous. All the staff were happy to help and courteous.
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Gretchen
Great hotel in SF. Intend to stay there again during our next visit. Concierge was extremely helpful.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"nice hotel on Nob Hill"
Definitely go to top of Mark on 18th floor. Breakfast is expensive. Had a nice view from our room over Nob Hill
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
CL
The crowds going to the Top of the Mark made getting onto an elevator a problem. We most often had to wait for 3 or 4 attempts to get to or from our room. I was surprised a hotel of this status did not have safety bars in bath tub.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
william
"Best Hotel Experience Ever."
The staff is friendly and helpful, the service is top notch. The location can't be beat. The bar, the Top of the Mark, is iconic. Truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Meh"
The concierge was extremely rude when we checked in. We reserved a room with 2 beds because we had 3 people staying in our room. We were given a room with a king sized bed and told when you book on websites like hotels.com you aren't guaranteed what you requested.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
laura
"Landmark hotel & Ideal location"
I checked in late at 9pm and was upgraded to executive room on 16th floor with great view, huge bath room, king size bed and sitting area. Room was well appointed and clean. Reward club members get free access to wi fi , another plus. Staff & concierge desk were very polite, helpful and very accommodating. They have facility to hold your bags after check out which is nice too!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Prem
"2 day getaway"
The hotel was very clean and in a great neighborhood. It is a bit well-worn (wall-paper peeling off bathroom wall) and could use a refresh in the public areas as well. The staff was excellent; courteous, attentive, and friendly.
2 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
Jeri
Nice hotel and location, Staff was very responsive.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
MJ
"Beautiful Hotel, not so good service"
Service was very slow checking in. I had to wait an extra 2 hours as they couldn't seem to get that room ready. They ended up having to give me another room. But, that part was OK because it had a better view. We went to the top of the Mark in the evening. I was dressed up in a nice outfit, color coordinated and stylish, with a hat that matched as well. I wear a hat since a medical situation caused my hair to fall out. As we waited for a table, the lady seating people never mentioned my hat. Finally, when it was our turn to be seated, as we're passing by the bouncer, the lady says "I'm going to have to ask you to remove your hat. I said "What?" I told her my hair had fallen out and I couldn't take it off without embarrassment. She wouldn't let me in until the bouncer said "It's OK, let her in." As she took us to our table, I mentioned that the Queen of England always wears hats and they are considered quite stylish. She said "Well, if you don't follow the rules, others may complain". Please, no one complained! They obviously don't teach their employees to be kind to people with physical disabilities. I was sad to be treated this way.
Pat
"Nice Hotel but Lousy AC"
The InterContinental Mark Hopkins is a beautiful hotel in a great location and very nice staff but the AC in the room was lousy!!! We had the Maintenance Person come up and change the AC Filter and said he fixed it but it was very stuffy and uncomfortable in our room..
"Excellent Vacation Stay"
This is the perfect place to stay, it is in the Nob Hill area, which is very upscale and excellent access to all the attractions. Very affordable (if you keep watching for deals), and excellent service. The car park was slightly expensive $54 per night, other than that a perfect place. Wen for breakfast at the adjacent Fairmont hotel ($32) which was fantastic. Crooked street was just 10 mins away, China town was close by, Union Square was walking distance...great place,
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"great experience"
overall excellent, beds too soft for our taste, would be nice if adjustable or not as soft, but otherwise all was lovely
soobieo
Great location, comfortable beds! We will stay again if we come back to San Fran.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Bad place"
Horrible service!!! There are much better places to stay in SF! Double charged my credit card and didn't want to correct the charge. I had to call Amex to fix the charge….Bad place!
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
It was very good.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Trainee wasn't very friendly but rest of staff was very friendly. Bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"good stay"
nice time. room needs water pressure
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
great
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Murray
The Mark Hopkins is an historic hotel and San Franciscan landmark. I really had a great stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Bruce
"SF Classic"
Beautiful hotel in beautiful location. Nice staff. Clean, well sized rooms. Had a room in front of hotel with amazing view. Only negative was that is was over the entrance so it was pretty noisy. My companion's room was quite but had view of HVAC.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"No Martinis for me........."
We missed a gift shop at the hotel , but the location is excelent the people who tends to the cars were very helpful.....
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Silvia
"A great experience"
Stayed one night. Room was too warm, poor temp control but it's an old hotel and you stay for the history. Our room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom is small and no counter space. A great overnite but wouldn't stay there again
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Faye
"top of the hill"
nice enough room at the top of the hill so a solid walk or a cab away from everything i would stay there again
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Jeffrey
"Location is not comfortable. Breakfast is very exp"
Did meet my expectations and the room did not include breakfast.
Other trip May 31, 2015
I was not happy
"Memorial Day weekend"
We stay at the Mark Hopkins every time we go to San Francisco (4-6) times a year. we usually stay in a deluxe King room and have never had an issue. This time we were there for 6 nights and our bathroom was the size of a closet - not particularly comfortable- there was no place to put our toiletries etc. We love this hotel and will probably return. The location is fabulous and close to our family.
6 night romance trip May 20, 2015
"Great Place"
It was our anniversary. I always wanted to stay here for and enjoy the Top of the Mark without having to drive home. Cable Car close by. Parking was outrageous I think it was $54 for overnight parking. Anyway, you only live once.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Nice hotel at great location"
Great comfortable bed, mattress and pillows. Very responsive staff. Bedside lamp was broken, and replaced within minutes. However, quite noisy in the morning (street noise).
Other trip May 27, 2015
peter
"Very nice, but noisy."
When we first checked in, we had a room on the fourth floor. The noise from the cable car and the parking plaza in front of the hotel wasn't too bad. However, the next morning, the guests (and their children) in the room adjoining ours were up at 7:00. We knew this because we could hear every word. The rooms were connecting and the doors must have made of wafer-thin cardboard. We contacted the front desk and were transferred to a somewhat smaller room on the 15th floor, along with a bottle of prosecco - very nice touch. We enjoyed the remainder of our stay.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"finally made it"
Nice night at an iconic SF landmark (even though Taxi driver never heard of it, nor of Nob Hill !) Understand that a major renovation is in the works...yeah, it could probably use a facelift or two...
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Roger
"Top of The Mark"
Great stay and perfect location.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
elias
"Historic elegance."
I upgraded for just $20, to a corner room with a terrific view. The hostess at The Top of the Mark was not friendly, but the rest of the hotel staff was terrific. Great historic hotel. Will stay again.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Deborah
"TOP RATE!,,"
We had a wonderful time. It was my husband's 75th birthday and he was born in San Francisco. Ironically, the Top of the Mark was celebrating 75 years, as well. The hotel comped Bill a beautiful BD cake. Thank you very much. We plan on staying there again in October for the U of Washingon- Stanford football game.
3 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Marilyn
"Fun getaway."
Girls getaway with my sister, daughter and mother as a present from my husband. We had a very fun time. Hotel is a bit dated but still a great place. Staff was terrific. Beds were standard doubles so a bit small and not the cushy types you find in newer places. No coffee in the lobby was not guest friendly as we had to go to the restaurant to get our morning cup.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Great location/view"
Top of the Mark is a great place to check out while you are here - one of the better views in SFO. Staff was great - polite and congenial. Check in and check out literally took a few minutes total - very efficient. Room was nice. Only comment about the room was that the shower water vacillated between full hot and full cold. We've all had experiences where the temperature varies, but this was from one extreme to the other. You couldn't take a shower under the head - had to move in and out of the stream to rinse off. That was the only ding in their armor that we could tell. Would otherwise stay again.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Alex
Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, great bar at the top of the hotel!
Other trip May 9, 2015
"A nice hotel in a great neighborhood"
I enjoyed my stay, the hotel is within walking distance of numerous restaurants.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015