All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
999 California StreetSan FranciscoCA94108United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Food is all right
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
It could not have been lovelier
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2015
Marjorie
"Grand old hotel"
The staff were on top of their game as far as customer service is concerned. Polite,helpful and professional. The Hotel lobby was comfortable clean along with great atmosphere, however it needs a bit updating , the furniture slightly tired and I felt the same of the rooms. A hotel of that class should be standing taller. I will defiantly stay there upon my next visit and highly recommend it to others .
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
Linda T.
Once in a lifetime concert in San Francisco. Stayed at Mark Hopkins Intercontinental to be able to walk to venue. European hospitality and excellence. A treat of comfort and excellent service.
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2015
"Weekend Getaway!!!"
Very expensive parking charge per day.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
Craig
"Halloween Weekend!"
Parking is too expensive!
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
"Nob Hill Treasure"
Went up to celebrate my birthday. Hotel staff was very nice, delivered happy birthday cards, and complementary cake and champagne.
3 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2015
"Great view but steep hills"
Hotel is located in Nob Hill. If your fit and open to walk up the steep hills to get to the hotel, then this place is for you. Wall paper from the restroom needs to be reinforced. On a positive note, the hotel has a great view from The Top of the Mark. No reservations accepted. Get there early for a table.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
"Not what I reserved"
Went to SF for the Nike Women's Half Marathon. Made reservations months in advanced for 2 double beds. Did not receive them. Staff was condescending and rude.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Great location, beautiful views,definitely would recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Stayed here many times...but something has changed"
This trip, we used Expedia points to "buy down" the cost of the room. This was the WORST room we've ever had...small, dark, chunks of wood gouged out of doors, bathroom really run down and so dark. Light bulbs burnt out and not replaced. I can't help but think they put us in the worst $400/night room they had, perhaps because we were using Expedia points. Top of the The Mark has always been run down, but this time it was mostly closed down for a private (corporate meeting) event three different times we tried to go there. We won't go back, and we typically stay there three to four times per year.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Everything was wonderful. The only issue was the water pressure in the shower. We let the front desk know. They were cooperative and helped us out.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
Stuart
Food was overpriced and mediocre. Tea was served in a teabag. One should be able to buy breakfast a la carte, not just a one-price only buffet.
3 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
MARK
"Great stay."
Great customer service all around!
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Isidro
"Hotel was close to cable car tracks for ease"
everyone was very kind to us. Especially the doormen.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Great night at the Mark."
The Mark Hopkins seems to have been renovated since we last stayed here several years ago. Service was great, we had a beautiful corner room with a view of the bay, and it was quiet and comfortable. We'll definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"hotel on the hill"
Always love this neighborhood. I used to be an SF resident and always think it's the best for visits.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
Heidi
"Disappointing Stay at the Mark Hopkins"
My husband and I booked a 2 night stay at the Mark Hopkins that included breakfast. The price we chose on Expedia only referred to the first night. The second night was much more--over $100 difference. We were not informed about that until we got the bill. As noted above, we also signed up for breakfast. The first morning we enjoyed it and looked forward to the second breakfast, especially because we had an early flight out of San Francisco and a long, traveling day ahead of us. That's when we found out that breakfast started serving at 6:30am. We had to leave the hotel at 6am to catch our flight on time. So, because room service didn't allow for a hot breakfast until 6:30am, we missed breakfast all together. This was very disappointed because we paid for it. There was no mention of breakfast times from Expedia. If that had been mentioned, we wouldn't have signed up for breakfast on both days. This was a disappointing adventure into San Francisco......
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Was disappointed Top of the Mark was not open earlier in the day and later at night on the weekend and holiday.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"date night"
hotel was great car was damaged in valet parking
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Nice hotel however walking is difficult"
Excellent room comfort but location not the best view of SF for price.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"I would stay here again."
Great and a lot less expensive than the Fairmont next door. Top of the Mark food was just ok and the group event catering food in the conference room was pretty sad.
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2015
"Treat yourself to the best!"
The Mark Hopkins is the height of luxury. Staying there is a real treat. We love it!
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Cheryl A
"Outdated, noisy!!"
Stayed in three hotels on my recent trip to this area. This hotel is old and outdated! The street noise was unbearable and noise from hallway was unacceptable! I would not stay here again!
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
d lenn
Hotel is in dire need of renovation. I could feel the springs in the old bed.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
"Top of Nob HIll.."
We've stayed at the Mark Hopkins before and I'd say the rooms are nothing special; adequate but not luxurious by any means. They could do better in the little things. For example, most 4 star and 5 star hotels give a free bottle of water, not charge 6 or 7 dollars for one... that's so low end... We've stayed very recently at the Grand Del Mar, the 4 Seasons Biltmore in Santa Barbara, and other places and none of them charge for water and in fact, make sure you have more than enough free bottles. So, this is a turn off to us...
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Suzie
"business trip to san fran"
amazing stay. loved it.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Ahmad Naved
"Nice place to sleep."
Very nice hotel but disappointed that they didn't have a gift shop or a pool. They pointed me in the direction of the Fairmont Hotel located across the street. The location of the hotel is not close to shopping or dining, so you will need to either taxi or walk up/down lots of hills to eat/shop.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"50th Anniversary visit."
Stay here celebrating 50th wedding anniversary. Small but nice corner room. Little disappointed in Nob Hill restaurant as it didn't have the intimacy desired for celebrating anniversary dinner and went elsewhere. Thought the breakfast Buffett was great. Overall service was excellent. Top of the Mark was great with first class bands.
3 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
jerome
I got there a little early for check in. Room not ready .no problem had drink in lounge while I waited. Room still wasn't ready by 3.45. Only was staying for one night. That was only problem. Very nice otherwise.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
mark
"Perfectly-located classic hotel"
The Mark Hopkins is the gold standard when it comes to customer experience. This hotel does not disappoint. The staff is warm and gracious and the service level is set very high. And the location....can't be beat. Gorgeous old-world property with great amenities and address.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
J
"Right in the heart of San Francisco, Grace Cathedr"
Excellent! Enjoyed the friendly staff and location
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
sink/tub were outdated..expect better condition for > $ 400/night, but service was great
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
My wife says "the best hotel I've ever been" .. And I think it says everything...
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
jose
"Stressfull time for front desk"
The computer system went down on the day of our arrival and didn't come back up that day. As we attempted to check in a number of times during the day you could see it was telling on the staff. By the evening with me and check to see the front desk was terse and abrupt. This was notable more so because it was the single time during the entire stay we had a poor interaction with any of this outstanding and invested crew.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Location"
Birthday celebration with my mother, daughter and 2 young grandsons.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Good location, on cable car track"
Front desk staff were very polite, allowed us to register before noted checkin time and valet parked the car until we left the next day. Driving directions out of city to Oakland Bay bridge were very easy to follow. Our hotel was very close to the Huntington where our Michigan friends were staying, so it made it very convenient for all of us. Our room was nice, but our view was not the best. That didn't matter too much since we were out and about most of the time anyway.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Hotel is beautiful. Very well maintained, the rooms are a decent size. My biggest complaint is that there was literally a charge for everything. I had to pay $10.95 to get online to print shuttle tickets to the airport and that doesn't even include the per page printing. Over $14 a night for Wifi. It's a beautiful hotel, Top of the Mark is gorgeous, and it's a very comfortable space otherwise.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"BEST TIME"
I went on a combined business trip and to see family. The room was so luxurious and comfortable in the old world elegant style for which the Mark Hopkins is famous. All the staff were happy to help and courteous.
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Gretchen
Great hotel in SF. Intend to stay there again during our next visit. Concierge was extremely helpful.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"nice hotel on Nob Hill"
Definitely go to top of Mark on 18th floor. Breakfast is expensive. Had a nice view from our room over Nob Hill
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
CL
The crowds going to the Top of the Mark made getting onto an elevator a problem. We most often had to wait for 3 or 4 attempts to get to or from our room. I was surprised a hotel of this status did not have safety bars in bath tub.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
william
"Best Hotel Experience Ever."
The staff is friendly and helpful, the service is top notch. The location can't be beat. The bar, the Top of the Mark, is iconic. Truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Meh"
The concierge was extremely rude when we checked in. We reserved a room with 2 beds because we had 3 people staying in our room. We were given a room with a king sized bed and told when you book on websites like hotels.com you aren't guaranteed what you requested.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
laura
"Landmark hotel & Ideal location"
I checked in late at 9pm and was upgraded to executive room on 16th floor with great view, huge bath room, king size bed and sitting area. Room was well appointed and clean. Reward club members get free access to wi fi , another plus. Staff & concierge desk were very polite, helpful and very accommodating. They have facility to hold your bags after check out which is nice too!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Prem
"2 day getaway"
The hotel was very clean and in a great neighborhood. It is a bit well-worn (wall-paper peeling off bathroom wall) and could use a refresh in the public areas as well. The staff was excellent; courteous, attentive, and friendly.
2 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
Jeri
Nice hotel and location, Staff was very responsive.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
MJ
"Beautiful Hotel, not so good service"
Service was very slow checking in. I had to wait an extra 2 hours as they couldn't seem to get that room ready. They ended up having to give me another room. But, that part was OK because it had a better view. We went to the top of the Mark in the evening. I was dressed up in a nice outfit, color coordinated and stylish, with a hat that matched as well. I wear a hat since a medical situation caused my hair to fall out. As we waited for a table, the lady seating people never mentioned my hat. Finally, when it was our turn to be seated, as we're passing by the bouncer, the lady says "I'm going to have to ask you to remove your hat. I said "What?" I told her my hair had fallen out and I couldn't take it off without embarrassment. She wouldn't let me in until the bouncer said "It's OK, let her in." As she took us to our table, I mentioned that the Queen of England always wears hats and they are considered quite stylish. She said "Well, if you don't follow the rules, others may complain". Please, no one complained! They obviously don't teach their employees to be kind to people with physical disabilities. I was sad to be treated this way.
Pat
"Nice Hotel but Lousy AC"
The InterContinental Mark Hopkins is a beautiful hotel in a great location and very nice staff but the AC in the room was lousy!!! We had the Maintenance Person come up and change the AC Filter and said he fixed it but it was very stuffy and uncomfortable in our room..
"Excellent Vacation Stay"
This is the perfect place to stay, it is in the Nob Hill area, which is very upscale and excellent access to all the attractions. Very affordable (if you keep watching for deals), and excellent service. The car park was slightly expensive $54 per night, other than that a perfect place. Wen for breakfast at the adjacent Fairmont hotel ($32) which was fantastic. Crooked street was just 10 mins away, China town was close by, Union Square was walking distance...great place,
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"great experience"
overall excellent, beds too soft for our taste, would be nice if adjustable or not as soft, but otherwise all was lovely
soobieo