All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here444 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good stay"
Good stay. I enjoyed it
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
"Great location, very comfortable"
In business district, close to French Quarter, on Streetcar Line
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Sonny
Booked the hotel for my kids for One Direction concert. They had a blast. The hotel was nice.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Good location for walking to Superdome."
Room was very nice. Stay was nice but would like complimentary coffee in room and more pillows on bed. Also room service food quality not great. Staff was very nice and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Wonderful Hotel short walking distance from the French Quarters and other tourist attractions; the staff at the hotel was nice and helpful. The hotel room was really nice did not have the best room view but I did not come to New Orleans for a hotel view. I like that the hotel was away from all the noise that you will find on Canal & French Quarters. The St. Charles Trolley stop is right down the streets from the hotel. My only small complaint which I found odd is the hotel room did not have a clock. I will definite stay at the InterContinental again.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Denise
"Downtown New Orleans"
Room was very clean friendly staff comfortable bed
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Loved the hotel, hated the parking."
Parking fees were not clearly outlined ($40.00 per day) and self parking is not an option or was not offered. Excess time is needed to retrieve our car ( I called 10 minutes as instructed and waited 25 minutes for the car to be retrieved) 2nd time there was no answer when I called, I had to find the guy to get my car. Hotel was very nice but the mini fridge was warm inside (not turned on or not set to a cold setting). Very comfortable beds and spacious room.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Greg C.
"Will stay again"
Clean & convenient. Short walk to the French Quarter. Area is safe, just be wary of the occasional odd stranger when traveling alone. St Charles streetcar line passes right in front for a nice ride towards the Garden Distict.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
N
Very satisfied the location is great and will be coming the next time when I come back to New Orleans
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Took the wife and kids to a saints game ....Great location in walking distance of most attractions. ....newly renovated
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
renzo
"Great location, updated and comfortable room."
I was initially hesitant about staying in this hotel due to the construction. We were given a renovated room in an upper floor. It was very nice and comfortable! We stayed 5 nights. The main lobby mostly closed off due to renovation so didn't really get to see the rest of the hotel. Overall, loved the updated and comfortable room. There was noise from the renovation (banging, drilling) daily but it wasn't a major factor.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Very comfy hotel"
Great location, very close to the French Quarter but still very quiet. Very comfortable bed and room in general. Ongoing refurbishment in the lobby, but not an issue. The concierges were very helpful and friendly. Big negative point to the lady working at the front desk on July 20th: unfriendly, mumbling, not smiling.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Nice close to the superdome"
I've stayed at the intercontinental before. we booked the rooms because of location and I'd stayed there before. We valet parked. Charge 36 dollars for the night (no problem we're in New Orleans. Sister in law forgets her purse in the car. Has the valet service get it for her 2 minutes have gone by. Gets her purse guess what she left a really big tip of 275 (money gone. Hotel "we're not responsible" They're third party". The most disappointing part of the ordeal was that the manager didn't offer anything. I didn't expect to comp a room for them but it would have been nice since they did hire the service to offer them something (not even dinner). So management of the place really took a nose dive. The rooms were recently re- modeled and hadn't been properly aired out you could still smell new carpet. The air conditioning unit couldn't keep up with the humility in the room. The only thing that saved the stay was the concert was great and the hotel employees That worked for the intercontinental were great. Always good service from the people that make the hotel. Wish the management was the same. You gotta remember we're the one's that pay you.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Great place to stay in the center of everything."
Comfortable clean room and we received great service. I arrived to find that the hotel was under construction- the whole hotel is being remodeled. However, this didn't affect my room or stay I look forward to going back to see the final outcome of the changes.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Sonia
"Terrible"
I arrived late in the evening only to find out that they did not have the room I booked after I even called the hotel to confirm I needed two beds not one and smoking not non I was told we r sold out and every hotel around was as well we had to sleep 3. Grown men in one bed and one on the floor I will never be back
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
Jared
Nice...lighting in bathroom left a little to be desired and as stated, it was nice; not exceptional, but nice. The staff was great!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
JAR
"Nice hotel despite the construction."
Check in process went well other than putting me in a strange room. My view was of the neighboring balcony and a little of the building across the way. It was the strangest setup I had ever seen. There was no privacy from the neighboring room. I went back to the desk and they provided me with another room. The new room was nice and freshly remodeled with plenty of space and comfort. There was a fridge in the room for the mini bar and had plenty of extra space for leftovers and beverages. The cleaning staff did a nice job the first day but knocked on my door at 8:30 AM on day 2 and we asked them to come back later. After we got up and went about our business for the day we returned to a dirty room. Not pleased by the situation I called the front desk and asked to have our room cleaned when we went to dinner. I was told they would try. And as you have it after dinner we returned to a dirty room. I was a little bothered that they could not manage to clean our room but other than that it was a good stay. There is a large amount of construction at the hotel but not too inconvenient.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Joel
"Didn't honor our bedding request."
There were two of traveling together (two men) and we requested a room with two beds when our travel agent made our reservations. When we got there, they said the hotel was over booked and they could not give us a room w/2 beds in it. Smh we were highly disappointed. The hotel made no efforts to accommodate us for having to have a roll away bed in the room. The roll away bed was extremely uncomfortable and ruined our trip. Thank You Intercontinental.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Rush
"Nice hotel, close to the French Quarter."
The hotel was nice, but there was a lot of construction going on and parking is very expensive.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Surk
"Under construction!"
The hotel is currently under construction. The jack hammering begins at 7am. The facilities are not as advertised. The restaurants are not open. There is no gift shop or place to buy toiletries. I needed a razor and was directed across the street. Housekeeping did a poor job of cleaning each day. They emptied the trash and made the bed. No vacuuming etc. There didn't appear to be that many guests so the hotel had a haunted Scooby-Doo feel to it. And they "would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you nosy kids!"
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Swifty
"Great hotel but under construction"
The hotel was under construction, with noice and no lobby or ground floor facilities, shadowing the excellent quality of the rooms. If construction is finished, it will be an excellent hotel, but I was not informed of the construction when making the reservation.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Eduardo
"Loved our stay"
I only gave a lower score on cleanliness b/c the floor smelled like vomit. I only smelled it b/c I had dropped somethingunder the bed. Other than that...super!!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Valarie
"Great location and that's about it"
We decided to make a detour through New Orleans since neither my wife or I had ever been. We booked the room having stayed in several Intercontinental's in the past, This one was not like others. First off the charged my $50 to park for one night!!! On top of that it took them over 30 minutes to get us our car at 6:30 in the morning not during peak hours. The beds are WAY dated to match the rooms. Our toilet was broken and ran all night, beds are squeeky and uncomfortable, a view of a parking garage with bright lights shinning in, and the hotel appears to be under renovation (which it deeply needs). Now I understand construction messes and the inconveniences of a reno but, do not charge over $325 a night and $50 for one of the rooms that is not renovated!! I will never stay here again, the laundry list of issues with our room
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Shawn G
"The room was exceptionally nice."
We were very satisfied with the room, however, the restaurant was basically non-functional and the when there was service it was slow and not guest friendly. The location was ideal and close to the French Quarter's, Harrah's Casino, a good walk to the Garden District. The St. Charles street car was close by. Despite the construction going on, we did enjoy our stay and would recommend the hotel. Once the construction is completed and the pub and restaurant are returned to their respective sites and improved customer service the experience will be wonderful.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Marky
"GREAT PLACE HORRIBLE PRICES"
Hotel Staff though under staffed long lines checking in and out. staff where all very nice and knew anything asked. Incidentals, water $7 a bottle. fully stocked mini fridge with 8 different miniatures $6 each also canned sodas $4 each candy in fridge snickers, kit kat and m&m $3 each. $40 a day valet fee. Hotel under reconstruction till November 2014, work starts at 8am
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Art
"Nice location"
Worse experience ever. Staff very rude, facility needs to be renovated
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Demetrice
"central location to all new orleans attractions"
Great hotel if travelling with a small pet. It is well located to all of the must-see New Orleans attractions.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
terrym
"Great Choice"
This was a great choice for the New Orleans Wine and Food Experience. Great room, personnel, and restaurant food.
Other trip May 26, 2014
""Missing" Jewlery"
We checked into the InterContinental New Orleans on April 29th. The check-in time was 4 PM, but our rooms were not ready until after 5 PM. We stayed in a newly renovated room, however the extremely loud construction woke us up every morning. Upon checking out, my husband left his wedding band sitting on the countertop in the bathroom. We called security within one hour of checking out. We were told they would go look for the ring and call us back; however, no one ever called. We returned to the hotel one hour later (two hours after checkout). My husband went upstairs immediately to retrieve his ring. However, the room had already been cleaned, and his ring was missing. My husband found the woman that cleaned our room. When he asked her if she saw a ring, she mumbled and stuttered for about 15 seconds before saying she had not. We spoke with both the hotel manager and security officer. No one would ever tell us if security went and looked for the ring when we first called. No one questioned the woman that cleaned our room. We are very disappointed in how this incident was handled by the staff and their lack of integrity. We travel to New Orleans frequently, but we will never stay at this hotel again.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Poor service. Overpriced."
For $329. a night plus another $100 in fees and $40 per night to park, I expected a lot more. Hotel being renovated -- Expedia should have disclosed this. I would have stayed elsewhere. Also, no points when you book thru Expedia (and it's not like you get a great rate). Nice room, but only because I insisted on getting one of the renovated ones. Staff act like you are doing them a favor staying there -- lousy attitudes, especially during check-in. Elevators painfully slow. Would not go back.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Babs
"Decent hotel near French quarter"
Hotel undergoing major construction project Very thin walls with lots of noise Staff we're very friendly and knowledgeable
Other trip May 18, 2014
steve
"Great hotel close to everything."
Once the construction is completed this hotel will have an excellent facility!
Other trip May 14, 2014
"New Orleans Nightmare"
We came to New Orleans hoping that it would be as we always heard it was and the City of New Orleans is just as wonderful as we imagined, and the food is the best in the world, we could have become Obese had we stayed much longer, but the stay at the New Orleans Intercontinental Hotel while it was under reconstruction made it dirty, dusty and it did not reflect the atmosphere of the City. The employees for the most part were friendly and helpful, except for the reception area employees who did not seem to have any authority or want to take on any responsibility for helping with extending our reservation which Expedia had incorectly booked.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Nice hotel close to sightseeing places"
We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very nice, even with the construction. Very convenient to all of the things we wanted to see and do. We would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Wkend in New Orleans"
I was disappointed that no one told us about the renovation. Also we booked a room with a balcony called King Deluxe. and when we arrived they put us in a room with no balcony. Then they put us in a smoking room with a balcony. The room was awful it smelled and was dirty. They didn't seem to care because they were booked. We booked this 2 months in advance and paid for it.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Cathie
"Renovation issues."
The hotel is under complete renovation, condition that was unknown at the time of booking. We stayed at the 7th floor and the crew was working on the floors above us and drilling. After 2 flights during the night we expected to rest us a bit and then explore the city. Not a chance with the nuisance. Talked to the lady at reception and her answer was: i also hear the noise all day long and we are at the 2nd floor. All the rooms are noisy. I could have booked another hotel across the street for the same price and get better service if we were aware of the construction that will last until the end of the year, as far as I know.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Rosemary
Nice hotel. It's currently being renovated but the construction didn't bother us at all.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
"the stay from hell"
No one told us this hotel was undergoing reconstruction...the smells - the noise made for the worst hotel stay of my entire traveling life! We were told that there were no rooms they could relocate us to where there would be no noise............
Other trip May 5, 2014
"ZERO southern hospitality"
Stayed for 3 nights last weekend. Arrived early on check in day and our room was not cleaned. We were able to leave our bags and the hotel staff called us when the room was ready. The room condition itself was just acceptable- wallpaper falling off the walls, no dresser to store clothes, and bed that was hard as a rock. Walls were so thin we could hear the conversation of our neighbors and vomiting in their bathroom. The worst part of the experience was that the construction the hotel was under was literally right above our heads and the jack hammering started every morning at 7AM. After staying out all night and expecting to be able to sleep in we were sadly mistaken. Called the front desk staff who was not apologetic or accommodating. The manager did call us back but only to say there was nothing that could be done. Expected much more from The Intercontinental and sadly disappointed.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Lindsay
"maintenance"
I understand the hotel was in the middle of renovation but the carpet was quite old and dirty....other than that, the room was comfortable and spacious.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
edwin
"Hotel is old and in the middle of renovations"
Staff was very nice. Lobby was almost nonexistent due to the construction. The room seemed old and in desperate need of repair and renovation. The bed was old, saggy and uncomfortable. Half of the the electrical outlets did not work, and the outlet in the bathroom was falling off the wall with exposed wires. I was awakened every morning at 8 am by the sound of drills and hammering. Bathroom only had 3 bath towels everyday even though we were a family of four. My request for more towels went ignored. I expected much more from this well-branded hotel, especially with the premium prices I was paying during the jazz festival.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Ed
"Construction... terrible"
The hotel was under construction/very loud (starting at 7:30 am). I feel that should have been warned/given opportunity to switch hotels at their cost or given a large discount. We were unable to sleep in. We got headaches. We were unable to take afternoon naps to relax because of the noise. I had to sleep by the pool at one point because it was the only quiet place.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Nice hotel centrally located to attractions"
Staff went out of the way to help make our stay a wonderful experience.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great location close to everything"
Although they were doing construction the hotel, room and service were great. We ordered room service and the food was great. Although great they didn't have Tylenol. I had to walk two blocks away it get some.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Lou
"would like to see it after construction"
My wife and I booked the hotel without knowing that the hotel was under serious construction. Our first morning after a very late night (hey it's NOLA) we awoke to the sounds of a percussive tool against concrete at 8am. The manager was nice enough and comped us free Continental breakfasts for our next two mornings, but it was really disappointing. If a hotel has that kind of loud construction work they should consider closing down.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
Anthony
"In the heart of New Orleans"
This hotel is so close to everything. We walked to the French Quarter as well as to the WWII museum. The staff answered all my questions and everyone was so friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Expected a lot more"
Frequenting Intercontinental hotels I expected a lot more. They are undergoing renovations. That did not really impinge on sleeping as construction was done during the day and typically started around the time I had to wake up for a conference I was attending. If you are going for vacation it may disrupt your sleep. Upon arrival the front desk person was a bit rude. Cut me off when I was asking a question and said he would get to that question later. He did not. Did not go over any amenities of the hotel. Room was clean. Nothing spectacular. The concierge was very friendly and knowledgeable. Had issues printing out my boarding ticket from their printers. No one knew how to help me.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Adam
"Noisy"
Hotel is under major renovation, making it very noisy. When we were there a huge group of spring breakers came to our floor, we asked for a different room in the evening, but were told the hotel is full. Crazy noise until 4 AM made is call reception who said they would send security but nothing happened. Were woken up by construction work at 8am, and went to the front desk to get another hotel, at which point there miraculously was another room. Bad experience overall, would not recommend it.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Not a bad place to stay"
This is near the French Quarter and about a 10 min walk to Bourbon Street. It is currently under construction and seems to need a face lift. The staff was very friendly and attentive, but the rooms were pretty dirty: there was quite a bit of dust in areas of the room and the bathroom looked like it could use a more efficient cleaning. Overall, not bad for a short stay-- affordable, friendly and convenient.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"THE NOISE DUE TO THE REMODLEING WAS VERY DISAPOINT"
MY GRANDSON LIVES THERE, SO WE HAD A GREAT GUIDE. BEING A WORLD WAR II VET MADE THE WAR MEMORIAL MUSEUM GREAT FUN. WE SAW 2 PLANTATIONS AND ENJOYED THE HISTORY OF THOSE DAYS.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014