All hotels in Arlington, Virginia, United States of America
1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA, 22202, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Beautiful hotel"
It was a beautiful hotel I would stay there again, The price of this hotel was really great compared to others in the area I would recommend this hotel thank you Expedia
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Earl
"Outstanding Accommodations & Service"
Very nice staff and accommodations. 10 out of 10. Highly recommend
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Frwquent Travel
"Nice hotel within walking distance to restaurant."
Great experience and close to the airport. Friendly staff.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Chuck
"Wreaths Across America 2014"
Hotel was very clean and staff was helpful. Beds were very soft and unsupportive which led to sore backs.. Remember to read the fine print as there are fees for a lot things (parking, wifi, ect).
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Solid Hotel"
Nice hotel. Clean rooms. Blocks away from some nice restaurants in Crystal City. Only issue: walls are a little thin so you can hear people in other rooms.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Great location!"
We had a wonderful experience with the Marriott Gateway. It is connected to the underground Crystal City shops and the Metro, which was wonderful since the weather wasn't great. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they also provide free storage for your luggage after check out which worked out well for us as our flight was not until later that evening and we still wanted to do some sightseeing after checking out. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in that wants quick access to both the airport and all the fun things that DC has to offer!
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Washington: mother-daughter trip"
Excellent place. So convenient to the Metro and the underground shops! Loved it
4 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Elma
"In town for the weekend"
Weekend stay for convention. Excellent facilities, and everyone was very friendly. Underground access to shopping and restaurants. Would stay again.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Carol L
"Friendly, and Convenient"
Hotel staff very professional and friendly. Room was very nice. This place is very convenient to the airport and the Metro.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Great location for a great price"
My family was staying overnight in the D.C. area as we visited the National Mall and this hotel was perfect. Located ON a metro station, we were able to conveniently visit the Smithsonian museums while our car was safely parked (complimentary parking). The room was perfect and the price was within our budget. I couldn't have asked for more.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Ryan
Convenient location right next to a metro stop and to Reagan airport. Really good for early morning flights.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great location to the Metro."
Great location. Close to Reagan Natl, right above Metro station. Friendly staff, best pillows I have ever slept on.
"LOVED IT!"
The hotel was beautiful. Loved the fact that I could get on the Metro right from the lobby, never having to even step outside. I would definitely stay there again!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Erin
"Fine for a business trip"
For a one-night business stay, the room was comfortable and clean and close (10-minute taxi ride) to where I needed to be (downtown). Having to pay for Wi-Fi means I can't give it top rating.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Kathleen
"Great hotel & area"
The staff was great, Both friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Also, the free airport shuttle is a great feature!
4 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
"A satisfied couple."
Enjoyed the hotel and it is very close to all of the sightseeing. It was very helpful to have the Metro connected.
3 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"The best!!"
Love the Crystal Gateway Marriott
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Kimberly
"Beware of shuttle service"
Great overall--location and amenities. Only complaint:glitch in shuttle service to airport, as driver DID NOT announce his departure and thus I and several others missed the 10:40 a.m. Friday, October 24th departure for the airport. The strange thing is that he signed the book at the concierge's desk indicating his arrival and departure but did not make the necessary announcement.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
Therese
Very conveniently located near the Ritz Carlton where I was attending a meeting and also close to the Vamoose bus stop in Arlington on which I traveled. Staff was very pleasant and responsive. In room dining was very good. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Traveler
"Coming Back"
The staff is quite friendly and most knowledgeable. Using the annex to the shops adjacent to the Metro shop provides affordable meals. The room was immaculately clean. Housecleaning crew was top notch. The only drawback was the unusually long wait for an elevator.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
joe
"Nice hotel, close to Metro and shopping"
I enjoyed my stay. Only issue I had is that I booked the room with breakfast but on my last day I had an early flight and had to depart before the kitchen opened. It was only after telling the on-duty manager about my situation that I was comped a breakfast meal. Before you book breakfast with your room check your flight itinerary and the kitchen hours.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"good location, above average"
nothing major to complain about, the elevators were slow and scarce at times.
5 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Doctor
"Great hotel, near Arlington Cemetary and Metro Tra"
Came to the area to visit Arlington Cemetary and see the Columbarium section. Wanted to be close to Arlington and near Metro. There is a link right in the hotel to walk down underground tunnel and get the Metro. 2 stops from the Pentegon and 3 stops to Arlington.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
vjthedj
parking should be free
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"No room at the INN"
I made my reservation and once I arrived at the hotel they told me they were all sold out. Why over book or did they give my room to someone else? I had a convention at that facility. They sent me to a sister hotel that I had to take a taxi back and forth so I could attend my meetings. I had to drag my luggage around with me all day and it was not convenient at all. It is a beautiful hotel but I really can't comment on the rooms or the comfort. They did give me money for the taxi fare but it was not a good experience.
Response by Crystal Gateway Marriott
Dear traveler, Please accept our sincerest apologies for not making a room available to you even when you had a confirmed reservation. Please know that an excellent stay is our goal for every guest, and we failed to deliver that promise to you. We want you to know that its never our intention to not honor a reservation, but room inventory is affected at times due to maintenance issues or change in other guests departure dates. With that said, it is still not an acceptable situation. Once again, we are very sorry for the experience.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Dana
"What is wrong with our Nation's Capital."
Room was overpriced(a high price a night plus a high charge for parking) for a regular hotel room with two double beds. Restaurant was again overpriced and food very mediocre. Ice machine on our floor did not work and was out. When we called guest services for ice the suggested we try another floor. I am handicapped and at the price felt they should bring me ice. I had to have my wife speak to a manager to get the point across. Needless to say I am done with Marriott. We had similar experiences at the Niagra Falls Marriott and the Grand Ole Opry Marriott. Overpriced in all aspects.
Response by Crystal Gateway Marriott
Dear traveler, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I want to begin by apologizing for the level of service your received when looking for Ice. It is absolutely our goal and intention to host brilliantly and should have offered to deliver ice to you when the machine on your floor was inoperable, and we certainly failed to deliver on a very basic service request. On the pricing comment, we strive to be competitively priced and are sorry that you did not feel if it was a good value. We hope to see you again during your travels to DC so we can hopefully win you back with our service,
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Relaxing Getaway"
I had a great time on my weekend getaway. The hotel and the staff were great. I was also able to upgrade my room to a junior suite, which really made my stay enjoyable. Loved the pillow top beds!!!!
Response by Crystal Gateway Marriott
Dear Alicia, Thank you for taking time to write a review and highlighting superb service you received at the hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our newly updated beds and that we were able to upgrade you to make your stay more brilliant. Please remember us during your future visits to Crystal City!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Alicia
"DC Friendly"
Stayed 3 nights. Very warm & friendly staff. Had an extended famliy group. The staff was very accomodating to seat 20 people for impromptu dinner at the bar. Treated elderly guests with patience & respect. Concierge was extremely helpful with directions and knowledge of what tours offered.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
MB
"Best place to stay near D.C."
We were incredibly satisfied with this hotel! Exceptional service, beautiful, convenient, anything positive you can think of! Shopping and food connected to hotel downstairs. Then once u walk through that you can jump on the Metro which is literally attached. You never need to walk outside. Its all in one. Hop on the Metro and it will take your virtually anywhere you want in the city. Super convenient! Absolutely will stay there again!!
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Great for business or vacation"
I have stayed at this hotel a number of times for business, but stayed this time on vacation. It is an ideal location. Very close to the Mall and key tourist sites (you are actually closer than most DC hotels). You can literally walk to the Metro ttain station through an underground walkway that starts from the rear of the hotel lobby. Many fine restaurants lined up just outside the mall and you can walk to all of them. Rates at this hotel vary quite a bit. My rate was fantastic this trip but has been pricier on other trips. Staff is great as well.
4 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Dr. K
"easy access to metro"
The elevators are extremely slow for the overall quality and price.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great hotel in convenient location."
Being connected to Metro was a big plus traveling with three kids. Lots of restaurants nearby. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Would definitely stay there again.
4 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
"Gateway Crystal Marriott"
The Gateway was a very nice hotel right by a metro stop. The rooms were clean and good sized. The staff was helpful and wonderful. The rooms did not have refrigerators. So I called the front desk and asked about getting one put in the room, wasn't an issue. Having the metro so close was great for going into DC. The concierge, Sheila, helped us figure out how to get to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space museum since we didn't have a car. The hotel also has a kiosk to print boarding passes and a free shuttle to Reagan Airport. Our family of four enjoyed our 5 night stay & would recommend it!
5 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Stacy
"close to the metro, 15 minutes from the center"
The hotel was OK! We will go back again.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Very relaxing, hotel very clean , great price pool and food great
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
jerry
This hotel has the metro right beside it. Easy access off highway. Great food and very helpful staff. Very clean rooms and common areas. Valet parking was very helpful.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"near metro"
Great location with Metro station very close. Easy to get to sightseeing events using Metro. Close to many restaurants/bars; can walk. Busy place but attention was good at front desk and valet parking personel.
Very nice hotel in an outstanding location. I greatly appreciate the clean rooms and excellent service.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
Shenae
We had a problem asking for crib service on the 1st day, we checked in and we told them if we could get a crib in our room, and 2 hours later we left the hotel to look around and we also asked for the crib, then when we got back from the street around 5 hours more we asked in the reception and they said they didn't know about talled and asked for one, bcz they changed personal.they told me I need call from my room somebody bring the crib.I was waiting and waiting for nothing. next day we had to go down and ask them ourselves again. We had to ask 4 times for the crib.finally they bring me the crib my second day. I was sleeping in the floor with my baby!! 5 times to get the crib?
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
I have stayed at the Crystal Gateway Marriott many times because I love the location. Because it is located near the Crystal City Metro stop it is easy to get to and from Reagan National and business meetings & cultural or recreational sites in the District. The staff was exceptionally helpful on this trip. The only thing I would change would be the pillows: I prefer a firmer pillow.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice hotel with sightseeing convenience."
We liked the overall accommodation with convenience to Metro. You can go to the underground mall and catch the Metro so you don't have to drive! We lived that! The Hotel is very attractive with a lot of amenities. Very affordable! We will be back.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
shawn
"Amazing conceirge"
The location of the hotel was great with access to the metro right from the hotel without having to leave. Many restaurants of all types just a block or two away. The best part of our visit was the concierge Charlette! She was professional, genuine and so amazingly helpful. She gave us tips on how to see the city, how to save money using the metro and how to plan our day to get the most from the sights. She was just amazing!!! She was so engaging with the kids that they looked for her everytime we came into the lobby. I would stay there again without hesitation. The hotel was great and convenient but the people were just amazing!
6 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
"DC July 2014"
Very nice hotel, conveniently located right next to Metro station and even has underground walkway to Metro. Very nice pool and jacuzzi which has both outdoor and indoor portion. Two drawbacks: no safes in the room and English language skills of bar waiter rather poor - hard to communicate. Nonetheless, i can certainly recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Wolf
"Poor customer service"
The hotel itself is very nice and well-maintained and convenient to other locations. But the customer service was horrible...parking attendant in the garage was rude and front desk was not informative at check-in. We were not told which tower our room was located and had to walk around looking for the right elevator. The ticket machine in self-parking was broken and the attendant seemed irritated with helping us swipe our room card. I will stay at another hotel for my next trip.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
We loved our stay. The hotel was very easy to acces from the highway. All of the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Our grandson said this was the fanciest hotel he had been in . Having the metro in the basement of the hotel made it very convenient for us to get to the places we visited without having to worry about parking. This was our first overnight trip in 10 years and well worth it !
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Very Pleased
"Everything was perfect"
We only stayed two nights but our stay was outstanding. Clean rooms, friendly staff, lots of lounging areas, restaurants within hotel. Couldn't ask for a better location either. Easy access to Old Town Alexandria, Arlington Cemetery, Air Force monument and of course all the downtown DC museums etc.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great Staff"
I had a jr. suite which was the perfect size and included a flat screen tv in both the master br and the living room, the hotel was close to everything and had a great inside/outside pool. The restaurant was a good value for breakfast and the check-in process was stream less. All of the staff from the car valet to the check in staff were friendly, helpful and a plus for Marriott. I was assisted by Abdullah at the front desk on several occasions including check in and if Marriott can clone hime they should because he made me feel extremely welcome and went out of his way to answer all of our questions.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Rob
"Worth the money"
I am happy I did not pay top money to book this hotel. It is hotel with a lot of conferences going on. There seems to be always a lot of people in the lobby. I am glad I paid $10 extra when booking to park the car. The normal charge is $30.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Plato
"Metro and shopping"
Hotel connected to metro and shopping center Great
Other trip Jun 16, 2014