All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
200 Sable Oaks Dr, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Easy drive to downtown Portland. Hotel overall was good. The room was in good shape, and we liked the indoor pool area. Hotel staff was helpful. The one issue we had was with the WiFi, both in our room and in the lobby area.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Definitely recommended."
We had a wonderful stay, highly recommended. We were staying with two young children. Every single staff member was friendly, they always greeted us warmly. We had a few requests (fridge, cot) which were met within 30 minutes or less. Free fresh fruit, coffee, and cookies were out daily. Pool was a decent size. Good cable package. We did not try the restaurant, can't comment on that.Very close to tons of shopping and yummy restaurants. Room could use a bit of updating (older carpet, some stains in the shower), but very minor. Also jacuzzi could have been a bit cleaner.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Stacey, Thank you for your comments in reference to your stay here at our property at Sable Oaks. We are glad to hear that you would return to visit with us here in the future. I have also shared your comments on the issues that you did find unacceptable so that we can correct them for our future guests. We hope your return visit will be in the near future. Your patronage is appreciated. Regards, Ed Palmer
4 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Stacey
"Wonderful Stay"
Wonderful stay, we were happy to spend our wedding night here and we're even treated to some chocolate strawberries.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Nicholas
Great hotel! Awesome bar and eating area - only downside is it is not as close to downtown as we had hoped but not bad!
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Smelly room"
The room smelled musky during the whole 4 day stay. I would have given it more stars if housekeeping had masked it with an airfreshener like I asked for.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Khushbu, Thank you for your feedback on you stay with us. I am sorry our hotel did not step up to resolve the issue that you experienced in your guest room. I wish that you had informed us of your continued dissatisfaction so that we could have relocated you to a room without the musty smell. We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your patronage is very important to us. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
4 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Khushbu
"Clean room family friendly"
we recommend staying here. We are going back real soon.
1 night trip May 23, 2015
"OK stay"
Get trip, but the pool was under renovations
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"stay in Portland"
hotel was nice but the hostess & waitress in the restaurant were not all that friendly.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Dana, Thank for your feedback on your stay with us here at Sable Oaks. I am sorry to hear that our staff was less than courteous toward you when you visited our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our food and beverage management staff to insure that this was an isolated issue. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here at our hotel. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. Regards, Ed
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Dana
"Very nice Hotel.. but noisy HVAC system"
Overall, the Hotel is very nice, comfortable bedding, indoor pool, very spacious rooms, a top notch restaurant with friendly staff.. The only complaint I have is related to the in-room heating and AC system. My suite on the 5th floor had a wall mounted heater/AC unit with a very loud fan that triggered on and off frequently enough to keep me awake for several hours throughout the night. I do not know if these units are used in all of the rooms, but if you require piece and quiet for a comfortable nights sleep as I do, I would certainly ask prior to booking..
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Jeff from New Hampshire. Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at Sable Oaks. We are pleased that you enjoyed most of your stay here with us. We are sorry that the noise from the HVAC unit was disturbing to you. I have asked our engineering staff to look at the unit to determine if there is a mechanical reason for the excessive noise. We would like to assure that this problem does not effect future guests assigned to the same room. We hope that you will again give us an opportunity to serve you here the next time your travels bring you to South Portland. Thank you for your past patronage. Regards, Ed Palmer
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Okay. Nice pool area"
Close to everything but away from noise. Lobby area nice and pool. Service in at desky very good...Rooms dated and sheets were ripped first night. Room cleaniness was okay. Would stay if cheaper as other hotel that I stayed at was better value for price.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great room - terribly noisy heating system!"
I fully enjoyed my stay at Sable Oaks; however, my one (and really ONLY) complaint about my room in particular, was the noise from the heater. At one point we turned it off, which made the room a little chilly and uncomfortable - simply because we were tired of listening to it. During the night, it was particularly awful to be woken at the loud sound of the heater. BUT, the room was spotless, the service when I went to the front desk (because I forgot my toothbrush) or called to inquire on pool availability time - was excellent and friendly.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Chandra
"Nothing more, nothing less"
Sort of basic room, nothing out of the ordinary. I expected more out of a Marriott chain. AC very noisy...it was annoying. I have stayed here many times but I may look for a different hotel next time I am in town.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Alpaca lady
Best pet friendly hotel in Portland! The staff is very friendly and everything you need is right on the property. This trip I had a room with two doubles and it felt very small with a dog. I reccomend the king rooms if you are traveling with pets.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Vicki
Staff was excellent. Room clean and well appointed... Breakfast ... Very good
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
larry
"family visit"
We went to see family in Maine and stayed at Sable Oaks Marriott. The hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. It was conveniently located to the mall and jetport. Very nice overall.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very nice and relaxing."
I was very happy. We were looking to get away and swim and use the hot tub.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
marcey
"Hotel with pool for kids"
Marriot review Booked one night with family of 5 and grandparents. Two rooms next to each other (not adjoining). Chose hotel so kids (all under 10y.o.) could swim Sat. Afternoon and Sun. AM. Pool was fine but chemicals were not "balanced". Severe eye irritation, more than usual for some. Hotel closed pool as of Sunday AM so no swimming before checkout. Fire alarm Saturday night! Handled well but obvious inconvenience. Had to ask for some form of compensaton. I am a rewards member so they offered points. I don't use points much so it meant nothing to me. Asked for a free night stay. They provided enough points for a free night. Clean, comfortable, etc. hotel so we will try again with free night.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
familyoffive
Not a good stay. We arrived tired and left tired. Had issues that required us to be evacuated from our room for awhile.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We never like to hear that our guests leave tired. The fire alarm was unfortunate and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"so port"
Staff was great
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice hotel in need of carpet cleaning"
Overall the hotel and staff were nice, the only challenge was the smell of the carpet in the hallway and room. If there was no odor then they would have received 5 stars.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for your feedback on the odor of our carpet. This is the time of year that we completely clean all of our carpets and upholstery with an outside contracted company. I am sure if you were to return you would find the odor to be very pleasant. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Damion
Great hotel, pool, lobby, room, bed. Had a wonderful time and will be returning to stay longer for my birthday in April.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Pretty hot"
The only discomfort was the heater which alternately made the room too hot, then too cold.
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Colin
"Manager of the year"
Everything about the stay was fantastic as one would expect from a Marriott. However the outstanding feature was the General Manager Ed Palmer. It had snowed heavily and when I got up early to clear our car, I noticed Marriott staff clearing the cars in the lot. It was when I went to find the manager to thank him/her for the service that I realized that it was Ed Palmer, the general manager with senior staff that were clearing the snow ladden cars. It was also evident from the interactions I witnessed during the day that this Ed treated his staff extremely well, and the atmosphere engendered by Ed made this one of our most memorable stays.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Very nice . Staff friendly"
Would stay again and recommend . Quit , clean and relaxing . Nice pool also .
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Okay Hotel, Not Great"
It was generally an okay hotel, and the price was good. The staff was pleasant, helpful and accommodating. The room was generally fine. The bed and the temperature controls were excellent. The TV was annoying because after a minute or two, the brightness would go down and there was no apparent way to adjust it. One of the lampshades was broken and had been repaired with scotch tape; and there was a nickel-size white spot on the arm of the couch. The outer shower curtain looked like it could use a cleaning. In the morning, when I tried to call the desk, I discovered that the phone did not work. All in all, it was adequate and we would not rule it out when we next visit Portland.
PG
"Great Visit"
My husband and I needed a hotel for one night for a quick family visit in Portland. We used to live in Portland so going up to Maine is always a treat but this was our first stay at the Sable Oaks Marriott. The hotel staff were attentive and warm, eager to make sure we were having a pleasant stay. The room was nice and quiet, and had enough space for me and my husband to settle in comfortably. I'm seven months pregnant so it's not easy for me to get comfortable at night but the bed and pillows were excellent and I slept well. The shower was great too- good water pressure and temp. The hotel was certainly built in the 80's but it is well cared for and clean. Checkout was very quick and once again the staff were attentive and pleasant. The next time we venture up to Maine to see family this hotel will be our first choice.
Good and safe location. Refrigerator in room. Nice lobby restaurant.
shar
"Pool"
We chose this location mostly because of the pool for my kids after a long drive. I was not pleased to see that there was a private function and the pool could not be used for a couple of hours due to a private function.
Good food, comfortable bed and great staff. Would go back.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Location and service were excellent. Front desk personnel were especially helpful.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Charging ahead"
It was great to be able to charge our car, using the special NEMA 14-50 outlet, in the parking lot. That made the difference, for us. Thank you Marriott!
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"A good night's sleep"
Just had a weekend night out and stayed here. Decent location but it was about a ten minute drive from downtown which is where we spent the bulk of our evening. Nice hotel for maybe a business trip or a wedding. Room layout was a little funky to me but the bed and linens made for a great night's sleep. Quality hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Love the Marriott!"
Just what you would expect from Marriott! Clean comfortable big room, bed and linens Good quality, in fact I ordered their pillows they are so good. One small concern, we went for dinner in the restaurant and where tild the special funished at 9pm after asking for the chef he also told us it was finished we pointed out it was 8.50pm he reluctantly agreed to let us have the special. It turned out a very good choice.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Julia
The most friendly staff ever!!! Great food at a great price. Brian, the bartender was excellent!!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice hotel close to mall area"
The hotel was nice. I was a little disappointed in our room. It wasn't as nice as the pictures. Everyone was super friendly though and anything that was complained about was taken care of right away.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Amanda, Thank you for your feed back on our property here at Sable Oaks. I am sorry you were disappointed with your guest room but very happy to hear that our associates attended to any of your service needs promptly and to your satisfaction. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will join us here again in the near future. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Convenient, pleasant lpcation"
What a pleasant surprise this hotel turned out to be! I knew it is an older hotel, so I did not expect everything to be so up to date and pristine. Excellent stay!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Good business hotel"
This was a very normal Marriott. It was clean and well maintained - but had a very strong astringent smell all over the hotel - don't know what that was all about - but the staff was the typical happy and helpful "Marriott" gang! the restaurant staff was very good and friendly!
"Very pleasant experience"
We stayed here for one night, as we had children arriving at the Portland Airport at 12. We were close enough to the ocean to have an hour stroll on the lovely Portland coastal walkways after a delightful breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and still get back to the airport in plenty of time for noon arrival.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Patty
"Excellent service!"
Everything was great but the service went above and beyond (e.g., speedy delivery of roll away bed, late checkout, refilling coffee). The best hotel service I've experienced in as long as I can remember.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Good hotel in Portland, nothing exceptional"
Pretty much what you'd expect of a major chain hotel. Room was clean, everything was well maintained and staff was friendly and efficient. The bed was a bit saggy - but not terrible. The swimming pool and hot tub were in good condition and very enjoyable. Wifi worked fine. The location is just off the interstate so it's good for driving but it's not walking distance to anything interesting.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Andy B
"Lovely hotel in office park—quiet, attractive"
This hotel is in an office park. I liked that: lots of trees, very quiet. There is a golf club next door. Our room overlooked the lovely pool and had a sliding door into a little garden-ish thing. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly. Solid business-class hotel.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Only room left with a king size bed.."
The room was a little small for a king size bed and pull out sofa. Also there was no regular soap, only scented shower gel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Mom
"Very good hotel"
Everything was perfect exept the price. I think that the bed could be more confortable when your room cost you 250$.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Chantal Claveau
"why bother having windows.. for how much???"
We payed over 300.00 for a dated room with a view of a fence a foot from our window. We were actually on the third floor and literally had a fence within arms reach of the window. It was complete with trash piled up along the fence. I am horrified that Marriot would actually charge over 300.00 for such a room. I exclusively start at Marriot, with a rewards account. I will now reconsider my options. Yes, I did request a room change, and/or rate change, but was refused.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Mike, Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback to us on your recent stay here at Sable Oaks. We are sorry that the location of your room overlooked our roof. The fence you referred to is placed to block the view of heating and air conditioning systems. We use these rooms only when the demand is high. This is also the reason our rates are high. We hope you found that our staff service was acceptable. We also hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Extremely disappointing"
Returned this year because we loved our stay last year. This year, hotel did not have our Hotel,com reservation, clerk would not look at the confirmation on my I phone because " you are not in the computer." They could not accommodate my special needs soI was unable to shower. Dinner was delicious but it took almost 2 hours to get a simple dinner for 2. Chef refunded $50 of our bill, would have rathered much better service. Lovely hotel, nice people in serious need of training. Not going back!
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Mari, Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at Sable Oaks. I am very sorry to hear that there was some mix up with your reservation between our system and Hotels.com. I not know why your reservation was not appearing in our front desk system. I am glad that our Chef gave you some compensation for your problems. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. I am sure you would find that these problems are isolated and infrequent. Ed Palmer general manager
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Mari
Lovely staff and very nice hotel. Thanks
Other trip Jul 25, 2014