All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
200 Sable Oaks Dr, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Pour"
The rooms smelled old, thev front door lock was not working. Would not stay there anymore
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
jack
Room was comfortable, furniture placement awkward, hard for person on right side of bed to make way to the bathroom in the middle of night. Room service notice was missing from bound Marroitt info. Would have had dinner in ou room.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Margaret
"Portland Marriott"
It was overnight very quiet and easy to locate. Friendly staff upon arrival and they signed me up for the rewards program. The cookies were delicious and a great treat after traveling.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Sandra
"Worth far less than the cost."
Front desk service was professional and friendly. The room was spacious but it was showing signs of age with stains on the furniture, carpeting and bedding. Wallpaper was peeling. The television was small (32") for a room that cost as much as this one did. The bathroom floor was wet. The desk and end tables had sticky spots and look unclean. An in room hair dryer was not provided. Overall the room was far below what would be expected for the expense.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
My apology to you for your disappointment with our property here at Sable Oaks. We wish you had expressed your concerns directly with us at the front desk so that we could have rectified the issues immediately. We are in the process of moving to 46" TV's in all of our guest rooms and moving to a new in-room entertainment package. Our hair dryers are kept in the closet and if it was not there we would have brought one to you immediately. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you here as your issues are not common for our property. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Room was small. Could have gotten better for the price.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
adam from Rhode Island, I am very sorry you were disappointed with the size of your hotel room here at Sable Oaks. We have standard size rooms but also some of our rooms at the end of the hallway that are more spacious. We appreciate your patronage and would hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
adam
"stay here and take the ferry to Casco Bay!!"
my boyfriend and I travel many times to Portland. We simply love all that Portland offers, especially the Cape Elizabeth, Fort Williams, and Casco Bay and the campgrounds out in Cornish, Sanford, and much more.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
gabriella
"Out of 1-10, I give it a 10!"
loved the bed covers...more updated than most hotels. The bathroom was spotless. The shower pressure was perfect. Thanks for putting the fridge in the room. We were able to keep some vegetable snacks! Starbucks coffee in the lobby just made my morning...and brought the rating up to a 10.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
kimberly
"Not center city, but a great hotel."
Passing through town on a nine hotel tour of new england, and this was the nicest of all the properties we stayed at. I was bummed to not be staying in the downtown area, but at nearly half the cost of a downtown hotel, it was a no brainer. An UBER ride is only $20.00... and the hotel itself is quite nice. Happy with the visit and will be back. Also... very nice front desk staff, and a good bar with big TV's playing the Sox.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
Easy drive to downtown Portland. Hotel overall was good. The room was in good shape, and we liked the indoor pool area. Hotel staff was helpful. The one issue we had was with the WiFi, both in our room and in the lobby area.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Definitely recommended."
We had a wonderful stay, highly recommended. We were staying with two young children. Every single staff member was friendly, they always greeted us warmly. We had a few requests (fridge, cot) which were met within 30 minutes or less. Free fresh fruit, coffee, and cookies were out daily. Pool was a decent size. Good cable package. We did not try the restaurant, can't comment on that.Very close to tons of shopping and yummy restaurants. Room could use a bit of updating (older carpet, some stains in the shower), but very minor. Also jacuzzi could have been a bit cleaner.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Stacey, Thank you for your comments in reference to your stay here at our property at Sable Oaks. We are glad to hear that you would return to visit with us here in the future. I have also shared your comments on the issues that you did find unacceptable so that we can correct them for our future guests. We hope your return visit will be in the near future. Your patronage is appreciated. Regards, Ed Palmer
4 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Stacey
"Wonderful Stay"
Wonderful stay, we were happy to spend our wedding night here and we're even treated to some chocolate strawberries.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Nicholas
Great hotel! Awesome bar and eating area - only downside is it is not as close to downtown as we had hoped but not bad!
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Smelly room"
The room smelled musky during the whole 4 day stay. I would have given it more stars if housekeeping had masked it with an airfreshener like I asked for.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Khushbu, Thank you for your feedback on you stay with us. I am sorry our hotel did not step up to resolve the issue that you experienced in your guest room. I wish that you had informed us of your continued dissatisfaction so that we could have relocated you to a room without the musty smell. We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your patronage is very important to us. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
4 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Khushbu
Everything went great! Very helpful staff, knowledgable about area and how to get around.
Other trip May 26, 2015
delighted
"Clean room family friendly"
we recommend staying here. We are going back real soon.
1 night trip May 23, 2015
"Revisiting 1 of our favorite cities, Portland ME"
The hotel itself was very clean, nice pool and workout room, did not offer complimentary breakfast.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Carolyn
Attractive location and convenient to downtown. At end of airport runway so a little noisy early in the morning.
Other trip May 18, 2015
I thought the room was a little small for the price point. Very clean.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Great Staff"
Stayed one night when we went to see Laugh Shack comedy show in Westbrook. Not too far, and nice accommodations. Our second room was perfectly cleaned and very pleasant. The first room had a disagreeable odor, but the staff was superb about it and presented my husband with a new room key as he stepped off the elevator!
Other trip May 15, 2015
Jane
"OK stay"
Get trip, but the pool was under renovations
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"stay in Portland"
hotel was nice but the hostess & waitress in the restaurant were not all that friendly.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Dana, Thank for your feedback on your stay with us here at Sable Oaks. I am sorry to hear that our staff was less than courteous toward you when you visited our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our food and beverage management staff to insure that this was an isolated issue. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here at our hotel. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. Regards, Ed
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Dana
"Very nice Hotel.. but noisy HVAC system"
Overall, the Hotel is very nice, comfortable bedding, indoor pool, very spacious rooms, a top notch restaurant with friendly staff.. The only complaint I have is related to the in-room heating and AC system. My suite on the 5th floor had a wall mounted heater/AC unit with a very loud fan that triggered on and off frequently enough to keep me awake for several hours throughout the night. I do not know if these units are used in all of the rooms, but if you require piece and quiet for a comfortable nights sleep as I do, I would certainly ask prior to booking..
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Jeff from New Hampshire. Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at Sable Oaks. We are pleased that you enjoyed most of your stay here with us. We are sorry that the noise from the HVAC unit was disturbing to you. I have asked our engineering staff to look at the unit to determine if there is a mechanical reason for the excessive noise. We would like to assure that this problem does not effect future guests assigned to the same room. We hope that you will again give us an opportunity to serve you here the next time your travels bring you to South Portland. Thank you for your past patronage. Regards, Ed Palmer
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Okay. Nice pool area"
Close to everything but away from noise. Lobby area nice and pool. Service in at desky very good...Rooms dated and sheets were ripped first night. Room cleaniness was okay. Would stay if cheaper as other hotel that I stayed at was better value for price.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great room - terribly noisy heating system!"
I fully enjoyed my stay at Sable Oaks; however, my one (and really ONLY) complaint about my room in particular, was the noise from the heater. At one point we turned it off, which made the room a little chilly and uncomfortable - simply because we were tired of listening to it. During the night, it was particularly awful to be woken at the loud sound of the heater. BUT, the room was spotless, the service when I went to the front desk (because I forgot my toothbrush) or called to inquire on pool availability time - was excellent and friendly.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Chandra
"Nothing more, nothing less"
Sort of basic room, nothing out of the ordinary. I expected more out of a Marriott chain. AC very noisy...it was annoying. I have stayed here many times but I may look for a different hotel next time I am in town.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Alpaca lady
Best pet friendly hotel in Portland! The staff is very friendly and everything you need is right on the property. This trip I had a room with two doubles and it felt very small with a dog. I reccomend the king rooms if you are traveling with pets.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Vicki
Staff was excellent. Room clean and well appointed... Breakfast ... Very good
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
larry
"family visit"
We went to see family in Maine and stayed at Sable Oaks Marriott. The hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. It was conveniently located to the mall and jetport. Very nice overall.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very nice and relaxing."
I was very happy. We were looking to get away and swim and use the hot tub.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
marcey
"Hotel with pool for kids"
Marriot review Booked one night with family of 5 and grandparents. Two rooms next to each other (not adjoining). Chose hotel so kids (all under 10y.o.) could swim Sat. Afternoon and Sun. AM. Pool was fine but chemicals were not "balanced". Severe eye irritation, more than usual for some. Hotel closed pool as of Sunday AM so no swimming before checkout. Fire alarm Saturday night! Handled well but obvious inconvenience. Had to ask for some form of compensaton. I am a rewards member so they offered points. I don't use points much so it meant nothing to me. Asked for a free night stay. They provided enough points for a free night. Clean, comfortable, etc. hotel so we will try again with free night.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
familyoffive
Not a good stay. We arrived tired and left tired. Had issues that required us to be evacuated from our room for awhile.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We never like to hear that our guests leave tired. The fire alarm was unfortunate and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"so port"
Staff was great
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice hotel in need of carpet cleaning"
Overall the hotel and staff were nice, the only challenge was the smell of the carpet in the hallway and room. If there was no odor then they would have received 5 stars.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for your feedback on the odor of our carpet. This is the time of year that we completely clean all of our carpets and upholstery with an outside contracted company. I am sure if you were to return you would find the odor to be very pleasant. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Damion
Great hotel, pool, lobby, room, bed. Had a wonderful time and will be returning to stay longer for my birthday in April.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Pretty hot"
The only discomfort was the heater which alternately made the room too hot, then too cold.
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Colin
"Manager of the year"
Everything about the stay was fantastic as one would expect from a Marriott. However the outstanding feature was the General Manager Ed Palmer. It had snowed heavily and when I got up early to clear our car, I noticed Marriott staff clearing the cars in the lot. It was when I went to find the manager to thank him/her for the service that I realized that it was Ed Palmer, the general manager with senior staff that were clearing the snow ladden cars. It was also evident from the interactions I witnessed during the day that this Ed treated his staff extremely well, and the atmosphere engendered by Ed made this one of our most memorable stays.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Very nice . Staff friendly"
Would stay again and recommend . Quit , clean and relaxing . Nice pool also .
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Okay Hotel, Not Great"
It was generally an okay hotel, and the price was good. The staff was pleasant, helpful and accommodating. The room was generally fine. The bed and the temperature controls were excellent. The TV was annoying because after a minute or two, the brightness would go down and there was no apparent way to adjust it. One of the lampshades was broken and had been repaired with scotch tape; and there was a nickel-size white spot on the arm of the couch. The outer shower curtain looked like it could use a cleaning. In the morning, when I tried to call the desk, I discovered that the phone did not work. All in all, it was adequate and we would not rule it out when we next visit Portland.
PG
"Great Visit"
My husband and I needed a hotel for one night for a quick family visit in Portland. We used to live in Portland so going up to Maine is always a treat but this was our first stay at the Sable Oaks Marriott. The hotel staff were attentive and warm, eager to make sure we were having a pleasant stay. The room was nice and quiet, and had enough space for me and my husband to settle in comfortably. I'm seven months pregnant so it's not easy for me to get comfortable at night but the bed and pillows were excellent and I slept well. The shower was great too- good water pressure and temp. The hotel was certainly built in the 80's but it is well cared for and clean. Checkout was very quick and once again the staff were attentive and pleasant. The next time we venture up to Maine to see family this hotel will be our first choice.
Good and safe location. Refrigerator in room. Nice lobby restaurant.
shar
"Pool"
We chose this location mostly because of the pool for my kids after a long drive. I was not pleased to see that there was a private function and the pool could not be used for a couple of hours due to a private function.
Good food, comfortable bed and great staff. Would go back.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Location and service were excellent. Front desk personnel were especially helpful.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Charging ahead"
It was great to be able to charge our car, using the special NEMA 14-50 outlet, in the parking lot. That made the difference, for us. Thank you Marriott!
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"A good night's sleep"
Just had a weekend night out and stayed here. Decent location but it was about a ten minute drive from downtown which is where we spent the bulk of our evening. Nice hotel for maybe a business trip or a wedding. Room layout was a little funky to me but the bed and linens made for a great night's sleep. Quality hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Love the Marriott!"
Just what you would expect from Marriott! Clean comfortable big room, bed and linens Good quality, in fact I ordered their pillows they are so good. One small concern, we went for dinner in the restaurant and where tild the special funished at 9pm after asking for the chef he also told us it was finished we pointed out it was 8.50pm he reluctantly agreed to let us have the special. It turned out a very good choice.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Julia
The most friendly staff ever!!! Great food at a great price. Brian, the bartender was excellent!!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice hotel close to mall area"
The hotel was nice. I was a little disappointed in our room. It wasn't as nice as the pictures. Everyone was super friendly though and anything that was complained about was taken care of right away.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Amanda, Thank you for your feed back on our property here at Sable Oaks. I am sorry you were disappointed with your guest room but very happy to hear that our associates attended to any of your service needs promptly and to your satisfaction. We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will join us here again in the near future. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Convenient, pleasant lpcation"
What a pleasant surprise this hotel turned out to be! I knew it is an older hotel, so I did not expect everything to be so up to date and pristine. Excellent stay!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Good business hotel"
This was a very normal Marriott. It was clean and well maintained - but had a very strong astringent smell all over the hotel - don't know what that was all about - but the staff was the typical happy and helpful "Marriott" gang! the restaurant staff was very good and friendly!
Other trip Aug 29, 2014