All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
200 Sable Oaks Dr, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Clean
    Comfortable
We had a great time at this hotel. We were there for the New Years Eve banquet as well. Only wish was a bit more comfortable mattres. Everything else was flawless. Exactly as advertised.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Danielle
Nice place by the airport, good service and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
lucian
"Great stay, perfect location. superb room service"
Stayed for a night with our small granddaughter and had a marvelous time. Used the heated pool, ordered room service that was unexpectedly fabulous and had a sweet time.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Kathie
"I'd stay again - decent gym"
Everything was as would be expected from a Marriott. Their gym was split into a cardio room and separate weight room downstairs which was kinda nice.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
Artemis
"Good and Bad"
We came because we were meeting friends for the Big Thanksgiving meal being served in the Hotel. The meal was wonderful! I cannot say enough good about the meal. We were disappointed that the mattress was so bad that neither of us slept and we were exhausted the next day. Both of us had back pain for the next week. We were also surprised that coffee is not offered in the lobby for guests. I had to go to the bar and ask her to get me two coffees to take to the room. The supplies in the room for coffee were not adequate.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
dawn
"Bad beds"
The most uncomfortable beds ever in a hotel room. This once nice hotel is showing its age.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
John, Thank you for your feedback on your disappointment with the beds here at Sable Oaks. Current bedding is six years old and we will be replacing them all within a year. I am very sorry you were unhappy with them. Please give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Heating unit very loud and disturbed my sleep. Property is getting tired looking.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
Bruce
"Fabulous Hotel To Spend Time With The Girls"
I treated my daughter and nieces to a trip to Maine. This hotel is fantastic. We enjoyed the pool,the cookies and cider,and the wonderful service.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
JoAnn
"Comfortable beds"
Arrived early. Front desk welcomed us and allowed us to check in early. Rooms were clean, pleasant. Beds were extremely comfortable. Nice gas fireplace the lobby. Had the buffet breakfast which was good.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Great stay!! Very nice hotel
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Donald
"Great family spot"
Real nice hotel in south Portland. Only took about 10 minutes to get downtown. It's in the mall area so plenty of restaurants for kids. Would like the signage to ba a bit more prominent because you can drive right past the main entrance thinking it's the office park. Free cookies were nice for the kids. Salt water pool and hot tub were clean. Pool could have been a little warmer for my taste. Restaurant in hotel was decent. Nice stopping point on our way to Storyland.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Jeffrey
"Top Shelf Service!"
I had been to this location for a conference (just during the day) but this was my first chance staying overnight at the Hotel. I'd have to say, I was extremely impressed! The customer service at the front desk was above and beyond any expectations, it was on par with a stay at the Taj or another elite hotel. Betsy in particular was a pleasure and very supportive while I was away and my wife and newborn needed assistance. The room was comfortable and quiet despite what seemed like a very busy Saturday night. A simple drive into Portland, I would absolutely stay here again when heading up to Portland for work or pleasure.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Jonathan
"Needs some sprusing."
The service was excellent. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel was a little run down. Stains on furniture and worn out places. Holes in bed linens and musty smell in room. Location was great, close to attractions.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Kelly. Thank you for your feedback on your impressions of the staff and accommodations. I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. Our property received a thorough renovation six years ago. I have brought your comment to the housekeeping department to address your concerns in reference to stains and ripped sheets. That is totally unacceptable. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Beds were extremely hard and pillows too soft. I was scheduled for king size bed and ended up with double beds.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our beds and pillows. Please do not hesitate to call our staff if you would like a different pillow. We provide both feather and foam. We try to accommodate bed requests but requests are always filled by the order of when reservations are made.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Super stay"
We return here because it is probably the nicest Marriott we have ever stayed at. Very friendly and helpful staff. Perfectly appointed rooms. The small store has just what you need if you forget a toiletry. Easy access to the airport.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
"Nice hotel centrally located"
The staff was very friendly. Our luggage was lost and as soon as it came in we were notified, and they took it to our room. Hats off to the staff at the front desk, very professional and sweet.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
"Great Getaway!"
Very comfortable and clean. Breakfast buffet was excellent and staff was very friendly. Very nice hotel and conveniently located.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Ramona
Wonderful breakfast and great room.
1 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
"Pour"
The rooms smelled old, thev front door lock was not working. Would not stay there anymore
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
jack
"Coming back from diferent hotel good change all ar"
Like the hotel area great shopping big area for restaurant choose ,great touch in the lobby everyday fruit cookies , juice ,coffee, tea
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
nancy
Room was comfortable, furniture placement awkward, hard for person on right side of bed to make way to the bathroom in the middle of night. Room service notice was missing from bound Marroitt info. Would have had dinner in ou room.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Margaret
"Portland Marriott"
It was overnight very quiet and easy to locate. Friendly staff upon arrival and they signed me up for the rewards program. The cookies were delicious and a great treat after traveling.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Sandra
"Worth far less than the cost."
Front desk service was professional and friendly. The room was spacious but it was showing signs of age with stains on the furniture, carpeting and bedding. Wallpaper was peeling. The television was small (32") for a room that cost as much as this one did. The bathroom floor was wet. The desk and end tables had sticky spots and look unclean. An in room hair dryer was not provided. Overall the room was far below what would be expected for the expense.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
My apology to you for your disappointment with our property here at Sable Oaks. We wish you had expressed your concerns directly with us at the front desk so that we could have rectified the issues immediately. We are in the process of moving to 46" TV's in all of our guest rooms and moving to a new in-room entertainment package. Our hair dryers are kept in the closet and if it was not there we would have brought one to you immediately. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you here as your issues are not common for our property. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
We booked a deluxe room which was nice. How ever we had 4 people in one room with a pull out couch. The couch bed was extremely uncomfortable. It was painful to sleep on that so called bed.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Joan, Thank you for your feedback on your disappointment with the fold-out bed in your guest room here at the Marriott Sable Oaks. We are moving ahead with replacing these mattresses and that obviously is not one we have changed out. I wish you had brought your issue to our front desk so that we could have changed your room for you. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Joan
"This is a comfortable, well-located business hotel"
I use this as a business hotel, for one night stays when I am in Maine. It works well for that.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Room was small. Could have gotten better for the price.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
adam from Rhode Island, I am very sorry you were disappointed with the size of your hotel room here at Sable Oaks. We have standard size rooms but also some of our rooms at the end of the hallway that are more spacious. We appreciate your patronage and would hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
adam
"Traveling under ADA"
We requested an accessible room and it was well appointed. My husband has limited mobility and the room was close to the front entrance, dining areas and desk as well as the pool and out door seating area, all accessible. The breakfast was excellent - out of crabmeat so they substituted lobster in the benedict! It is about 6 miles to Old Port so be prepared to drive.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Andrea
"stay here and take the ferry to Casco Bay!!"
my boyfriend and I travel many times to Portland. We simply love all that Portland offers, especially the Cape Elizabeth, Fort Williams, and Casco Bay and the campgrounds out in Cornish, Sanford, and much more.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
gabriella
We were not in the room very much, just using it as a stopping off point to visit Portland--but we were very pleased with the friendliness of staff, the gardens outside, and the little box of candy/truffles was a nice surprise.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Not bad, but no breakfast included"
Room had no clock, but bathroom was very clean. Situation between closet doors and entry door is a very poor design.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Larry, thank you you for your feedback on your stay with us here at the Marriott Sable Oaks. I am sorry to hear that there was not a clock in your room. We would have brought one to you immediately if you had called. The room attendant must have over-looked it. We are glad to hear that you found the sandwich in the bar was very good and that the bathroom was clean. We hope you will join us again in the future as your patronage is greatly appreciated. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Out of 1-10, I give it a 10!"
loved the bed covers...more updated than most hotels. The bathroom was spotless. The shower pressure was perfect. Thanks for putting the fridge in the room. We were able to keep some vegetable snacks! Starbucks coffee in the lobby just made my morning...and brought the rating up to a 10.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
kimberly
"Not center city, but a great hotel."
Passing through town on a nine hotel tour of new england, and this was the nicest of all the properties we stayed at. I was bummed to not be staying in the downtown area, but at nearly half the cost of a downtown hotel, it was a no brainer. An UBER ride is only $20.00... and the hotel itself is quite nice. Happy with the visit and will be back. Also... very nice front desk staff, and a good bar with big TV's playing the Sox.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
Easy drive to downtown Portland. Hotel overall was good. The room was in good shape, and we liked the indoor pool area. Hotel staff was helpful. The one issue we had was with the WiFi, both in our room and in the lobby area.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Very comfortable beds. Nice bathrooms. Friendly staff.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for your nice comments. It is always gratifying for our staff to hear that our guests are happy with both our product and our services. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again here at Sable Oaks. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Disaster in Maine"
Staff was extremely rude. Housekeeping was so bad we had to constantly clean up and request supplies. Waitresses at the restaurant were rude and only gave you service if you were dressed as if you had money. The chef was very abrupt and acted as if you annoyed him when making a special request. At the front desk the young lady couldn't add up the cost of two soft drinks at $1.75 each without using a calculator and then she had to use the calculator again when you gave her a $5.00 bill. Also the walls of the hotel are paper thin allowing noise through all hours of the night and day.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
coach
"disappointment"
Looking forward to my first say at Portland area I understand that the hotel is geared toward corporate events but I was disappointed that there was a problem with the toilet running Engineer adjusted but I spent the rest of my time making the same adjustment Although not in the room exclusively these ar the small things that make youreconsder a return trip
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
I am very sorry for your disappointment. I have researched guest issues involving toilet problems and have asked my chief engineer to assure that the problem is rectified going into the future in your guest room. I am sorry it wasn't given a better fix while you were with us here at Sable Oaks. Thank you for this feedback as it will help future guests have a more enjoyable visit. We hope you will again give us an opportunity to serve you here in South Portland.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Definitely recommended."
We had a wonderful stay, highly recommended. We were staying with two young children. Every single staff member was friendly, they always greeted us warmly. We had a few requests (fridge, cot) which were met within 30 minutes or less. Free fresh fruit, coffee, and cookies were out daily. Pool was a decent size. Good cable package. We did not try the restaurant, can't comment on that.Very close to tons of shopping and yummy restaurants. Room could use a bit of updating (older carpet, some stains in the shower), but very minor. Also jacuzzi could have been a bit cleaner.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Stacey, Thank you for your comments in reference to your stay here at our property at Sable Oaks. We are glad to hear that you would return to visit with us here in the future. I have also shared your comments on the issues that you did find unacceptable so that we can correct them for our future guests. We hope your return visit will be in the near future. Your patronage is appreciated. Regards, Ed Palmer
4 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Stacey
"Wonderful Stay"
Wonderful stay, we were happy to spend our wedding night here and we're even treated to some chocolate strawberries.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Nicholas
Great hotel! Awesome bar and eating area - only downside is it is not as close to downtown as we had hoped but not bad!
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Always a great stay at sable oaks The hotel works hard at first satisfaction
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
c
"Smelly room"
The room smelled musky during the whole 4 day stay. I would have given it more stars if housekeeping had masked it with an airfreshener like I asked for.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Khushbu, Thank you for your feedback on you stay with us. I am sorry our hotel did not step up to resolve the issue that you experienced in your guest room. I wish that you had informed us of your continued dissatisfaction so that we could have relocated you to a room without the musty smell. We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your patronage is very important to us. Regards, Ed Palmer, general manager
4 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Khushbu
Everything went great! Very helpful staff, knowledgable about area and how to get around.
Other trip May 26, 2015
delighted
"Clean room family friendly"
we recommend staying here. We are going back real soon.
1 night trip May 23, 2015
"Revisiting 1 of our favorite cities, Portland ME"
The hotel itself was very clean, nice pool and workout room, did not offer complimentary breakfast.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Carolyn
Attractive location and convenient to downtown. At end of airport runway so a little noisy early in the morning.
Other trip May 18, 2015
I thought the room was a little small for the price point. Very clean.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Great Staff"
Stayed one night when we went to see Laugh Shack comedy show in Westbrook. Not too far, and nice accommodations. Our second room was perfectly cleaned and very pleasant. The first room had a disagreeable odor, but the staff was superb about it and presented my husband with a new room key as he stepped off the elevator!
Other trip May 15, 2015
Jane
"OK stay"
Get trip, but the pool was under renovations
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"stay in Portland"
hotel was nice but the hostess & waitress in the restaurant were not all that friendly.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Dana, Thank for your feedback on your stay with us here at Sable Oaks. I am sorry to hear that our staff was less than courteous toward you when you visited our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our food and beverage management staff to insure that this was an isolated issue. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here at our hotel. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. Regards, Ed
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015