All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
200 Sable Oaks Dr, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Very Nice Hotel, Staff was very friendly!!"
I was very please with my recent visit to the Marriott at Sable Oaks, Hotel was exceptionally clean and the Staff were all very friendly and accomadating. I could not have been more impressed with my visit, even the hotel grounds were perfectly maintained. Everything was Perfect and I can't wait to come to Maine for a visit, I would def. book this as my Stay! Def. Recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for Quality....
Older hotel, but with a friendly staff and well kept environment. Rooms were clean and definitely live up to Marriott standards. Hotel dining room was excellent, as was the staff.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
I did not feel I was in Marriot
4 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Ezazul Karim
"A great place to stay"
I loved my 2 night stay. The room was large, and very clean. The ipod docking station, hdmi outlet, free wifi and flat screen television were awesome ammenities. I was on the concierge level but the concierge food was never available despite the menu and opening hours being displayed on the door. Overall i really enjoyed this stay!
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed many of the amenities that we offer. It is truly our pleasure to serve you here at Sable Oaks. I'm sorry to hear that the food wasn't out in the concierge lounge when it was posted to be served. I will follow up with our staff to assure that this is not a reoccurring issue. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future. Best regards, Ed Palmer
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Williams family
"great place to stay"
I enjoyed the stay but not all rooms are the same. Some better than others. Comfortable beds good location.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
mary
"Right off the highway"
Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms. A little surprised no complimentary coffee in lobby in the morning. There was coffee, which you poured for yourself at the bar, but as soon as I made it a waitstaff appeared to "ring it up".
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"nice evening"
Enjoyed the location, the pool and hot tub and the comfortable bed
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Babs
"quiet and comfortable"
good hotel- requested roll away bed at check in- delivered immediately, but no additional pillows or blankets available in the hotel, only given sheets, and the roll away itself was not comfortable- this was a last minute request on the saturday of a very busy holiday weekend in Portland. otherwise, everyone was very helpful, the rooms were clean, and the hotel was quiet!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Kat
"Convenient and meets the need"
This hotel served me well. Staff friendly and helpful
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
"One night stay"
Everything was as expected staying @ a Marriott. Friendly, clean, comfortable & organized. My only complaint was- there was no coffee available @ 5 am!! No complementary coffee @ all & the Starbucks coffee was offered @6am. I expected that would be available.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Very Nice Option in Souh Portland"
I was initially disappointed that I could not get a hotel reservation right in Portland/Old Port area. But when we checked in to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. This is a very nice hotel. The lobby was very busy and bustling the whole time we were there. The front desk put us on the concierge level, in a very nice corner room. The beds were very plush, and the bathroom looked brand new. Only downside was that the concierge level lounge is closed Saturday night and Sunday, so we could not take advantage of the complimentary lounge and snacks. Hotel is in an office park in South Portland, but very close to the highway exit, putting you in downtown Portland in mere minutes.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Lisa Dickason
"Needs some work"
I will have to agree with others who spoke of the need of the hotel to bring itself up to the standards one would expect of a MARRIOTT. The carpeting all needs to be replaced as it is fraying at the seems which are separating. No one seems to notice or care enough to at least take the time to cut these which would at least help to some degree. I would also expect this facility to have a small fridge in the rooms. Overall room was okay but nothing fancy.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
ron from ma., We are sorry that you found our property to be in need of attention to bring it to Marriott standards. I can assure you we are always in some state of renovation to assure that our condition will successfully pass our Marriott Brand Standard audit. Our carpet condition will be addressed through our capital budgeting process. We have refrigerators available upon request. I am sorry that our staff did not make you aware of that offering. We hope that you would give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your patronage is appreciated.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
ron
"MECA Weekend"
Great breakfast buffett. Nice rooms. I had a lousy view of the maintenance facility. I ce marine was broken and had to go to another floor to get ice. For the money you pay you get two cups of coffee. Big deal.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Excellent stay!!"
Had all the amenities we needed. Very clean and comfortable room
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Decent but nothing more"
It was overpriced for what it is. The front parking was too small and always full, so we had to park behind. The room was spacious and the bed confortable but had a funny smell and the bed too smelled weird which was not reassuring. The heating system was too loud and the room extremely dry.
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for taking the time to forward your impression of our property to us. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations in several areas. Our goal is to not only to meet but exceed your expectations. We wish you had given us an opportunity to address your issues when you were here with us. Our staff is very adept at addressing and correcting guest issues immediately. We did have a very busy time recently and I am sorry this caused the parking lot to be filled. Our bellmen would have been more than happy to park the car and return the keys to you and then retrieve it upon your request. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Your patronage is appreciated. Ed Palmer GM
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, easy to find."
Girls weekend in Portland, hotel close to all shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Robin
"Nice hotel, could use a few tweeks though"
This hotel was very nice...clean, updated, great service, etc. I would suggest asking for a standard floor plan. Upon check-in they do ask if you have a preference of floor plan. I didn't know the difference and said, "no." However, the bed faced the windows and the TV was off to the left side of the bed, which was awkward. If TV viewing is unimportant, this would be irrelevant. The windows did have blackout curtains, so the bed facing them was not a big deal either. We were there for a trade show and worked all day. I would have liked to come back to the room and rent a movie, but that is not an available option. The only other draw-back in my opinion was the pillows, I found them uncomfortable. The ones in back were VERY firm. The main pillows are great at first, but they flatten down to about 2-inches wide after a little while.
4 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
GAK
"nice"
Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, welcoming restaurant/lounge and lobby
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Nice hotel, consistently very good."
I stay at the Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks every time I am in Portland. have been coming back for about 4 or 5 years. the room is always clean and the layout with the couch, table and desk area is great for business travel or relaxing. The quality of the facility and the staff is consistenly very good. I am confident that I will enjoy my stay.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Ron
"a Disappointing stay"
this was a anniversary get away for me, I had stayed last year for the same reason and had a wonderful time. one of the main reasons we booked again was using the hot tub in March, and of course it's broken down the whole weekend. We tried to make the best of it and use the pool, got to do that once on Saturday morning, because the rest of the time it was taking over by a junior hockey league (roughly twenty 10 to 12 yr. old boys ) including there entire families. It felt like I was staying at Frat house, the parents with their cases of beer and coolers, the boys and other siblings running and cannon balling over and over, screaming at top of lungs, all in good fun. Both nights,until closing. no-one from staff came to break it up. unfortunately for me , this very loud group were also my neighbors on the 3rd floor, at ten min. to midnight, the PARENTS ARE SITTING IN THE HALLWAY , DRINKING, BEING OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD! again, nothing was said to them! yes I could of called, but I just didn't feel like being the jerky neighbor , especially with them drinking., I would stay again, I just hope this was a fluke
Response by Marriott Portland at Sable Oaks
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced and want to offer my sincere apologies. I am aware that we were having some mechanical problems with the hot tub that could not be resolved until we received the replacement parts needed. I can understand how frustrating it must be to not be able to relax in the swimming pool as you had hoped. We did have a rather large group of hockey players and their families staying with us over the weekend. We usually do not experience such problems when we host these teams but this group was not the norm. Our hotel staff tried very hard to make them understand that they were bothering other guests but their words often fell on deaf ears. In the future please do not feel bad about calling the desk and asking for assistance in quieting down a noisy guest or group of guests. I hope that this experience does not deter you from staying with us for you anniversary again next year. As an apology for you problems I am adjusting off one night's room and tax and issuing a credit to your Mastercard. You should see this credit reflected in your account in 3-5 business days. Again I am sorry for the problems you experienced and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Nikole
"thanks!"
I really liked the Marriott at Sable Oaks. It was beautiful, clean and affordable! I couldn't have asked for a nicer stay. Thanks
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
"Close to the airport, clean, well run"
This is a typical Marriott, very clean, well sized rooms, great beds and sheets. Good value, just as always
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Jet122949
"Great service at a good price"
We stay overnight to fly following day very early in the morning. We left our vehicle for many days at no extra charge. Hotel took us to airport and when we returned, we called from airport and they came and pick us pick. Very nice driver. Nice staff. Great service at a good price. We always stay here!
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Alpaca lady
"Nice location"
The hotel was very nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and the beds were really comfy except for the rollway bed. It felt more like a box spring without the top mattress. Our three grandchildren really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Personally I thought they were both too warm. It was reasonably priced and we would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2013
Nana and Papa
"Everything was great, and taken care of."
The hotel is very nice and was very quiet in the room. The restaurant food and service was excellent as well. The only problem was the room was not cleaned after the first night, but they satisfied my requests with free breakfast and I left very happy.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Nice and clean with a.comfy bed"
This is a very nice and clean hotel located in the heart of South Portland (next to the mall). However, I do think breakfast should be an included feature. Overall, the room was a good value as the rates were reasonable when we stayed this time. However, I have paid double the amount for the same room before. I would recommend booking far in advance to obtain a better rate. My only complaint is that I left one of my favorite bathrobes in the room (I think I left it hanging behind the bathroom door) and it was not reported to be found in the room.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
J
"listen to requests"
I requested a room on the first floor because I had my 85 year old mother with me. They put me on the 3rd floor which was ok but the very last room on the floor. Especially when they only have 1 elevator!
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"A pleasant, relaxing, breath of fresh air"
The first thing I noticed was how clean everything was. Staff there is always friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel at home. I don't know how they do it, but even if you're only there for a night, they remember your name. I wish I could have stayed for a week.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Pat
"Incredibly disappointing"
This hotel is incredibly over priced for what you get. The room was small, it smelled like urine/ammonia, there was no mini fridge or microwave, the bathroom was out dated, and the bed was hands down the most uncomfortable surface I have ever slept on! Probably should've gone camping rather than waste the money on a room at the Portland Marriott. So very disappointed. DO NOT stay here! I read the reviews before I booked and I ignored the bad reviews and believed the pictures and description. Stay somewhere else, anywhere but here!
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Brittany
"Fine for the conference; decent food"
Overall fine.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2013
"quiet and clean refuge"
we arrived late from Boston after a long flight from seattle - this was the perfect place to rest. very quiet
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Not Your Everyday Marriott"
We went there to see our grandson's soccer tournament and were prepared for a hotel overrun by and struggling with a lot of young ones. Well, it was overrun by them, but its rural setting in the midst of suburban Portland and fantastic facilities kept it from struggling. The bar and restaurants made it a pleasure for adults as well as the young, and our room - admittedly at the concierge level - was like an island in the midst of a what was a bit noisy elsewhere. We would love it with or without the kids.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Arnie
"Lots of shops and big mall to visit"
The location was great. It was near the largest mall in Maine. It was a great hotel to stay at with pets. We brought our new dog and it was very convenient to bring the dog outside for bathroom breaks.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Sue
"We enjoyed our stay"
Pool is nice and clean and sooo warm. Rooms are small but accommodating. No fridge. Decor is beautiful. Breakfast buffet average although fresh made to order omelette yummy. Pricey. Gym is small but adequate. Front desk very customer service oriented.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
"Wedding destination"
We went to Portland for a wedding. The hotel was very nice with friendly staff. Breakfast was great (love buffets)! We had an incident with the bathroom and the maintenance staff responded right away.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
J
I stay here probably twice a month and enjoy my experience everytime. My only issue are the pillows; I like firm and they are a bit too soft.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Good Hotel in South Portland"
We opted for the Sable Oaks over hotels closer to the airport. The hotel was clean and the public areas well kept. The had our reservation wrong - we had reserved a king and our room had two doubles; we ended up in a room on the first floor steps from reception and across from the vending area. It was actually quiet enough except for our neighbors who seemed to be using a megaphone one morning. That being said our bed was comfortable, but the room needed some cobweb removal. In general the hotel was fine, I could see staying there again but next time I would call to make sure they had the correct room for us.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"what i thought"
my hotel room was expensive and did not include breakfast. it also had a strong smell of bleach. also the bed is not position correctly to watch the TV.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
victoria
Nice hotel with a very accommodating staff.
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2013
Charles M
"nice place to stay"
Wrapped up Labor Day weekend with a one night stay here. Had plans of going to see the Sea Dogs, but the weather was bad. Instead we discovered that the mall was really close, and how great the pool was. There is a restaurant with full bar downstairs that looked nice, but we didn't eat there.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
Katie
"Friendly staff"
Very friendly staff and nice pool
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Billy
"nice hotel. close to family reunion"
clean, fast, early check in. VERY helpful housekeeping staff!
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Loved the bartender and the room service was great. Awesome place for a quick romantic getaway! Beds are extremely comfortable. All of the staff was exceptional.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
I thought it was perfectly located. I am from Portland and the downtown area is super congested these days and parking is a huge issue. It was nice to be close to it, but far enough away that there was no pressure trying to find parking.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2013
"Rock hard beds"
Stayed here before and the beds were plush and really everything was better ... but during this visit (aug 2013) the beds and pillows were so hard and uncomfortable that we woke up with headaches and was sore with pressure points on my body hurting ... it was like getting hip pointers. Glad to finish my stay there ... in regards to actually getting any sleep.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
david
"This is not what I paid for"
I decided to stay in this hotel when I saw the pictures of this hotel at this website. For example, the pool was beautiful in the pictures on this website but when I saw it in person, I was so disappointed. Talking about false advertisement! The pool wasn't even closed to the pictures. Not to mention that the water was kind of cloudy. Perhaps they added too much chemical. The pictures looked really good, and if that's what they provided me, I would say it's worth the money. In my case, I think the price was way over charged. I stayed in hotels with similar conditions for less than $100/night. Why should I pay for the premium price for much less quality. One thing for sure, I will not stay in this hotel again.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2013
"Overall Disappointment"
Desk Staff unfriendly, condescending. Attitude of wait staff does not encourage me to dine there again. Maybe they were too busy.If that is the case, additional staff should be available to help.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
We plan to return.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Overall very nice!"
Overall very nice hotel. Staff were very nice and the rooms were clean.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"Marriott S. Portland"
I had made a mistake when booking my trip initially. Your Expedia representative cancelled my existing reservation and booked me into this hotel. I'm greatly appreciative of her support. The stay was good, and close enough to downtown Portland. We were located on the 6th floor and able to access the lounge there.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013