All hotels in Dearborn, Michigan, United States of America

Quite clean
    Poor vibe
    Room is not nice
"Great for the price"
The stay was great. We spent our anniversary there.
Romance trip Apr 16, 2016
Tannisia
Rooms need refrigerators and mattresses need to be replaced
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
"Unacceptable elevator situation"
In town for the nearby Martian Marathon, unfortunately the same weekend as a large convention for dance teams. Room was on the 12th floor, and due to large groups of people attempting to access the elevators at the same time, I experienced waits of more than 15 minutes *EVERY TIME* I wanted to leave hotel. On Saturday during my stay, 4 of the 6 elevators were non-operational, meaning just 2 elevators for 700-some rooms in a 13-story hotel. An hour after completing my marathon in 27 degree snow and 25mph wind gusts, I was desperate for a nice hot shower. I waited *25 minutes* for an elevator, eventually giving up an climbing 7 flights of stairs, then waiting an additional 10 minutes on the 6th floor before eventually finding an elevator with enough space. Over an hour late to meet up with friends, since it took another 15 minutes to catch an elevator back to the lobby. The room was lovely, but the thermostat was not operating properly and kept me toasty and warm at 77.1 degrees. Not quite the ideal sleeping temperature. I would have liked to stay again, but would never risk such a frustrating elevator situation.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2016
"Cold hotel!"
Couldn't get heat to work - room was 66 degrees. Couldn't get hot water! No plugs by either bed stand- had to move the bed to plug in my things.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2016
"Not terrible but needs remodel"
Have stayed here in the past when it was the Hyatt . The rooms need updating badly . Carpets were dirty in the room . All in all just update it . Get rid of carpet put hardwood or tile . Make sure all lamps are in working condition . Outlet placement is odd and clean behind the beds . Something that has been forgotten .
2 night business trip Feb 19, 2016
"Great business trip!"
I had read the reviews prior to booking and they We're very good. We had stayed there years ago when it was the Hyatt. The hotel was just fine and felt like old home week!
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2016
Connie
"Huge hotel!"
I had a good stay here. I really liked the lobby, pool and workout areas best. The room was fine but a little awkwardly set up. Its proximity to downtown Detroit was a big plus, as I was there to go to Red Wings games, but there aren't many amenities right near the hotel itself.
2 night trip Mar 24, 2016
Adam
"My husband brthday"
It was nice outside of the noisey children running up and down the hallway
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
"Not our best experience at this hotel"
The hallway carpet is shabby and patched causing room to trip if you were not walking carefully. The room was a chilly 62 degrees and NUMEROUS attempts to adjust the heat per the printed instructions were not successful. The Ice machine on our floor was not working and the vending machines on our floor also were not working. Not a horrible experience but not my best either
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
"BIG MISTAKE/NOT THE SAME/STAY AWAY"
We have been at this Hotel 2 times in past it was great then. It had an air of elegance & sophistication. That’s why we choice to stay here again. BIG MISTAKE!!!First it was Valentine’s Day/Presidents Day weekend. I expected it to be busy. It was very noisy with lots of small children who were running up & down halls carrying on, banging against walls.Parents were not responsible for their children. The entire pool area was out of towels; kids had them everywhere & were throwing them across the pool. Parents had young children in the hot tub, using it as a pool with floatation toys in it. Babies under 3 in the hot tub! I should have called CYS. If they want to kill their kids who am I to interfere. Also the men with this group who were total idiots had glass adult drinks around the hot tub area. Do they not realize that if that glass would break &their kids get cut they will be blaming the hotel for the injuries? There was another group of young kids who propped the doors open so no key cards were needed. I said something to this little boy you can’t do that he said his mom told him to. No parent in sight with him. The kids were in the weight room with it torn apart. My 19 year old grandson told these kids (ages 10-14) to pick up the equipment and put it back where it belongs. It was very GHETTO this time.I did not report this to management as for all I know it could have been their kids.
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
Leslie
"So so"
Great staff but the hotel is in need of repairs The ac doesn't work The wifi barely works at all The ice maker spits out black stuff with ice The elevators don't always work
4 night family trip Mar 10, 2016
anthony
"Ok for conference or convention -not family trip"
We stay in this hotel for a dance convention/competition annually. It is a large hotel to manage and therefore details are missed in the rooms. The room was spacious and pretty clean on surface. Lots of dust built up behind furniture -needs a deep clean. Hair dryer and remote were filthy, toilet seat is damaged (a cheap fix.) Sheets, towels, bathroom were pretty clean. Heat/air controller doesn't work. Front desk not very accomodating or friendly. Elevators broke down on a busy convention Saturday in this 14 floor hotel. POOL has never been heated in three years!
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2016
Michele
"Second chance in Dearborn"
This was my second time staying at this hotel. The first time it was owned by another company. It was cleaner this time, with room service, restaurants, an atmosphere. I plan to stay again.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2016
Nadine
"Okay, but probably won't be back"
Room didn't look like it had been vacuumed and DISH TV kept going in and out.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2016
"Hotels was okay."
Hotel was okay. We were there for a dance convention. The staff was really nice, room was clean but dated. Only issue was that the pool was cold and no towels. We requested towels 4 separate times and they never brought them. Kids had to walk in the halls wet.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2016
"Dearborn Hotel"
Although the name changes yearly, this property is always a good deal if you need to stay on the west side.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
Jerome
"Snowstorm"
There was a huge snowstorm and we had to be at work the next morning. Instead of driving home, which would have taken 2 1/2-3 hours (normally 1 hour), we stayed close to work. I used to always want to go here as a kid, when I lived in Dearborn. Now in my 40's, I finally have.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
"Working Hard"
Felt at home with good people and the staff that was on duty
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2016
Brian M.
"Weekend of dance"
Attended a dance convention/competition The check in process was terrible waited a very long time the girls needed to get into the room and to hair and make up and get dressed into costume and I waited in line from 2:48-3:36 to Get out keys. made my daughter's solo very stressful. Checkout wasn't much better had to make several trips down from the 10th floor with costumes makeup boxes dance shoes etc because no cart could be found after an hour request. The room was very stuffy and the air never circulated comfortably. The bottom of the bathtub had some type of coating that was peeling off and it as really gross I will say the hotel is somewhat better then last year when it was the Adoba and much better than the the year before when it was under some other name. It still has improvements to service and building to make
2 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2016
Very warm in the hotel. I had to ask to be moved to a different room because is was 80+ and climbing in my room and it was winter!
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2016
Housekeeping needs to be more attentive
2 night business trip Feb 13, 2016
Corlett
"Fine stay for business"
I have stayed at this property many times over the last 13 years. The property has changed ownership at 2 times in the past 5 years. I work across the street so the hotel is convenient. The property has not been updated in at least the past 10 years and is definitely showing wear. The bar is not open during the week and room service has limited hours. That being said, the hotel staff was very friendly and the breakfast at the hotel restaurant was good. The room was an ok price for what it is. I paid 109 a night plus tax.
4 night business trip Feb 14, 2016
"Dance Convention"
My daughter and I went to a Dance Convention at this hotel, we stayed two nights. It was nice and most of the staff were very polite and helpful. However, check out time was 11am, the convention did not end until 4pm. We were told we could get late check out for $50 but after shelling out over $500 already I just didn't feel this was reasonable. This left many parents in the freezing lobby area waiting for our kids to finish their classes when I tried to go in the back of the bar area with my coffee which I bought at the hotel the older lady bartender came out and informed me she would be opening soon and no outside food or drinks were permitted. It would be nice if there were someplace WARM and comfortable to wait for 5 long hours!!
2 night trip Feb 12, 2016
"Don't do it"
This have to be the worst experience I have had at a hotel in a long time the ice container was nasty it was questionable white stuff on the shower curtain some type oily dirt in the sink and the room had some type of smell coming out of the carpet never again will I stay there.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
javon
was only there for one night but it had a very nice bed and room was nice
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
"No Bed Bugs!"
This hotel has changed ownership from time to time but has consistently remained the same. The rooms are clean and safe, the view is awesome and the area is right next to the Fairlane Mall. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2016
Staff was awful. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night business trip Feb 13, 2016
Akim
"Wonderful"
I loved it!! Very good quality and nice staff. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2016
Dymples11
"Friendly Staff"
We had a meeting in the morning, so we drove in the night before. Since we arrived after 10pm, we didn't make use of the pool or other facilities. The hotel staff was very friendly & engaged in conversation. That includes the 2 staff when I checked in, the 2 staff at check out & the maid we happened across in the hall. The room was quiet, but it's a large hotel & it was mid week, so there may not have been anyone in the rooms next to us. I was not happy that breakfast was not included, but at least we weren't charged for parking, like other hotels in the area do. We ate at a nearby McDonald's. Still seemed a little overpriced for off-season & mid week. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean. Everything worked. There's a bit of wear, but nothing extreme. The hotel is a bit drab. The hotel is close to Henry Ford Museum, so after our meeting we were able to change clothes & checkout before the 12pm, check-out. That was nice. The hotel is also next to a mall, but we did not go to it. If the price stays down, we'll likely stay again.
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2016
Joel
Wished they had free shuttle to and from airport. Other than that, great hotel!
2 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2016
"Yum!"
Enjoyed a nice, quiet, easy stay. Beautiful hotel and a friendly staff. The hotel restaurant was fabulous!
3 night business trip Jan 26, 2016
Kathleen
"Long check in"
Just needed a room for the night. After check in, I needed a room for 30 minutes seeing as it took so long and the night had passed by.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2016
"Needs a bit of TLC"
The hotel was a bit dated and with a convention going on they really needed all of the elevators working. My room was very hot and the walls are very thin. You could hear people running all hours of the day and night. The vents were very dirty as well as behind the toilet. The faucets were very old. The toilet ran until I fumbled with the flapper inside the toilet tank. They had valet carts but would not let you use them yourself, you had to have your stuff taken up by a staff member. It was great for the price. The bathrooms need an update as well as some deep cleaning. The beds were comfortable.
1 night family trip Jan 22, 2016
Leslie
"A beautiful and well-equipped hotel."
The hotel is lovely. My only comments are that there should be extra blanket(s) available in the room for chilly nights. Also we were unable to increase the thermostar above 68 and it felt quite chilly.
2 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Diana
"Getting the best out rest."
It was very quiet and relaxing where we could enjoy each other and get the rest that we so dearly needed! Checking in and out with kind people was great.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
"Hotel condition"
The condition of the hotel was terrible. Some of the outlets in the room did not work, carpeting was frayed and one phone was just a shell - no buttons!
Other trip Jan 12, 2016
Maggie
gave us a room that was not even cleaned, went down and they put us in another room (Clean) .
Other trip Jan 1, 2016
"Weekend events, sigh."
I love thd hotel but it has weekend events with gymnasts. This is the second time it effected my stay. Teenagers running up and down the hall was a little disturbing especially when trying to sleep.
2 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
Andrea
"Good Value for the area."
Nice size room for the money. The rooms are a little dated, but great price for this type of hotel vs. a over priced chain hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2015
Darren
Everything was great except room was very warm when we arrived. Maintenance came and fixed the problem but it took 24 hours for the temperature to go down. I will suck
3 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
christopher
"Royal Dearborn"
Very good
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Can do better.."
Ive stayed seceral times and a few time were good the rest not so good .This last time U gad to switch rooms because the elevator was broke and the bathroom had pluming problems the time vefire that One of the housekeepers desided to have a conversation about a lady in front of quess and used some choose words .
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
April
"Packer Win"
We were in Detroit for Packers/Lion game, found this hotel at last minute, check in was fast and easy, guest service very friendly. The room size was good. beautiful decor in lobby. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2015
Lorraine
Please be very aware the parking at this hotel is terrible. For women who travel it feels very unsafe to make the "hike" from the parking area up to the hotel entrance after dark. This is not noted in the description and valet is $15 per day. Other than parking and no refrigerators in rooms (additional $10 per day) as well as a dated feel on decor and carpet the hotel overall is fine
3 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
Mary Beth
"Nice place."
When I visit Detroit I'm always concerned about having a clean, safe, comfortable hotel room. Royal Dearborn was a fine place for me. It is next to the Fairlane shopping mall that has several places to shop and dine. It's less than a 20 minute drive downtown. I will be back!
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
"Dearborn MI"
The reservation was inclod roler bed. When we got there they said our room not allowed to have it. So we had an VIP suite but they are didn't match yor discount. So it wa expansive.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
"Priceless"
I enjoyed every moment everything was great!
1 night trip Nov 27, 2015
Teresa
"Terrible"
Charged for my room 3 times. Still not resolved. It's a nice place but not worth the hassle of dealing with credit card company and management.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Natalie
"Bummer of a stay"
We stayed here while visiting family. We have 3 children and requested a roll-away bed both in the online request and over the phone. We also requested a room near our other family members. Upon check in, we were informed that they don't have roll-away beds due to them being a fire hazard. They said the only option would be to upgrade to an executive suite (an extra $250). We declined and decided to have one of our kids stay with relatives. The room was huge- could have fit several roll away beds. Obviously not a fire hazard. Furthermore, one of our relatives who also stayed in the hotel, got a roll away upon request. Second, they had all our family members on different floors. Each of us requested to be near each other and we made these November reservations in August. Third, the hot tub in the pool area was drained and the pool unheated. Fourth, the room was dirty. Eye liner on the mirror, mold on the shower curtain and mysterious red splashes on the walls. The positives about the stay are that it was quiet (practically empty), elevators readily available and plenty of parking. It was sad to see this once thriving hotel in such a sad state. A boost on their effort to be hospitable would make a big difference.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Andrea
"Gem!"
This hotel exceeded my expectation. I was visiting Detroit with my family and my reservation at the double tree downtown turned out to be in a shady area. I'm glad we switched to this one. Beautiful and spacious, friendly staff, great location, great TV channels including HBO, very quiet and comfortable rooms. I would definitely stay here every time I visit the area
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015