All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
109 East 42nd Street, at Grand Central Terminal, New York, NY, 10017, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

The locations certainly was perfect for our stay, centrally located, easy access to subway. The room was extremely small, we had to have a roll away bed because they had sold out of the second queen bed. In order to get into bed on one side, we had to step over the roll away, the roll away was so uncomfortable we had to pile blankets and sheets on top to keep the springs from digging into my son's back. Bathroom was so small - lobby was OK, very loud music going all the time, several of the elevators did not work, hotel gave away candy as a gesture of good will? probably would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Worst hotel experience ever."
This rates as the worst hotel stay ever. The room was well below average, no tea and coffee making facilities, no full length mirror. The club room was not what I have come to expect from the Hyatt brand, nor was the service. Location wise, this is a fantastically placed hotel, but there are many other hotels within the area, where one will receive superior service and rooms.
4 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
katrina
"Wonderful stay!"
The Grand Hyatt is a wonderful place to stay; got a great deal on Hotels.com
5 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
"Family weekend getaway..."
My family and I spent a fun filled weekend in NYC and the Grand Hyatt made our visit very pleasant. The staff was extraordinary, the room was immaculate and the location was fantastic!! We would definitely book this hotel again!!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Ronald
"Constant darkness."
Very good. The only real problem was that we only had blackout shades in the room so there was no possibility of daylight in the room- very unpleasant! We could not open our shades as there were other hotel room windows extremely close because of the u-shape and we would have no privacy at all. If only they also had some sheer curtains to let daylight in and provide some measure of privacy.
4 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
Peggy
Great Location. Major attractions within walking distance. Plan on returning when I need to visit New York. The pastrami sandwich in the balcony restaurant is wonderful!
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Federico
"Pros and cons"
Great location Clean and comfortable room Only two working elevators which created a problem Business center not working
5 night trip Jul 1, 2015
The hotel is in a great location. I booked a room with a king sized bed, but got a queen.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Location, good price for NYC and satisfying"
We choose the Hyatt for its location and that proved to be the right choice. Being on 42nd street we were close to everything. The lobby of the Hyatt Grand is as its name suggests "grand". Hyatt really knows how to run a hotel as almost every detail is well thought out. The elevators for example are no-wait and fast. The room was small but comfortable and well appointed. Unfortunately, there was a window looking out to another set of windows but the room was very quiet and the cleaning service great. We would stay there again.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Alexander
it's been 10 years since I last stayed. I visited with my oldest daughter when she turned 21, we shopped, ate and saw a broadway show. This time I was here with my boyfriend. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms were so-so. I felt in a way that since I booked through Hotels.com we were assigned to our room. Was surprised there wasn't a pool. Some concierges are better than others. But for the price and location, it is a good deal.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Perfect Hotel with Perfect Location!"
Hotel staff - exceptionally helpful. Hotel location - perfect! I will always choose this hotel any time I am in NYC!
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Judith
"Did feel like the 30m commute"
I stayed here because I was busy at work and needed to stay in the city, I live in Westchester, NY, for a few days. Nice hotel. It was just what I expected from the Hyatt.
2 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Dana
"Somewhat responsive management, needs work."
Rather disappointing. My wife needed to check in a day before me. She was assigned a disabled accessible room (I reserved a standard room) and the dowel in the closet was too low to the ground for her to hang up her dress without it reaching the floor to get winked. (It was not a long dress but was above the knee.) The front desk at first said they would move her in the morning. They finally relented and moved her that night. The room we had was well worn with the paint flaking off the bathroom ceiling and the doors. The wall had actual chips out of the wood venir. We had two rooms reserved and when my daughter needed to change plans they wanted more than we prepaid for the the reservation to change it. So to change the reservation would cost about 130% more than the original reservation in addition to what we already paid. Management did send us a bottle of champagne. Pretty expensive bottle, when you think about it.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Everyone was extremely helpful. We were given great info on using the subway and getting to the places we needed to go. Room was spotless and the view was great. We required a much earlier check-in and were accommodated very nicely. Being connected to the Grand Central station made everything so much more convenient. We will definitely choose this hotel again!
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Clarissia
"HIDDEN FEES but comfortable stay"
Check in was slow. Although paid in full, we were made to leave a 100$ security deposit, and were assured it woukd be instantly returned upon check out. Three days later I called as it had yet to be returned. The phone rep told me I was mis-informed and it always takes 3-4 days. Parking cost is 70$. Once parked, plan on taking cabs, walking, or getting on the subway next door at Grand Central, as you cannot take your car in and out. Its 70$ over night and when you are parked, you are stuck. My advice, find a cheaper garage and take a cab to the hotel. We stayed on the 16th floor in a club level room. This entitled us to snacks, drinks (alcohol extra) and a breakfast in their private area with outside patio. This area was very nice. The breakfast slection was amazing, but the hot food was cold (eggs and potatoes). Everything else was wonderful. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. We slept well and couldnt hear the city noise at all.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
carrie
"Great place to stay in NYC"
Best hotel I have stayed in during a trip to Manhattan. My family from England loved it. Stylish hotel in a fantastic location with really nice staff.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Garry
Very convenient location!
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Superb Front Desk"
Excellent front desk staff with attention to detail, warm and friendly, hospitable, go extra mile, definitely highlight of hotel experience
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
Sampeter
"Perfect location"
Perfect location. Originally considered staying close to Time Square - that place is too creepy. We were next to Grand Central station which was convenient for subways and great shops and restaurants. The neighborhood was nice and safe but so is the majority Manhattan. Hotel had everything we wanted.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Somewhat Disappointed"
Somewhat disappointed in the room, considering the hotel. We got a discount rate, which I suspect are reserved for the smaller rooms. This was smaller than I expected, though it was clean. Also, the air conditioner could not keep up. Considering the size of the room, it was surprising that the temperature did not fall below 75, even with the thermostat cranked all the way down to 65. A little too warm for comfort, especially sleeping.
5 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"MIDTOWN MARVEL"
amazing service. Room had an okay view but worth it for the amazing location
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Marykate
"Perfect location"
He made a last minute impromptu trip to NYC on less than 24 hours and stayed at this hotel. We've stayed at Grand Hyatt's all over the world and are very impressed with the brand. This location was in a great location right next door to the Grand Central Station and only a couple of blocks from Times Square. It was a feasible location as many tourist areas such as Rockfeller Center, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Central Park, etc, were all within walking distance, and for places further, the subway was next door. The hotel had a nice lobby and a concierge that gave great recommendations on place to see. Room was small, but typical of NYC. Room was very dusty and not maintained well. On our second night, housekeeping didn't give us any hand towels. I'm not one to complain so i never said anything. What I didn't like was that if you before check in or after, the hotel charges $3 for each piece of luggage that they hold for you. In all my years of travel, I've never seen this and felt nickel and dimed for this. Nice food options in hotel including a snack place and so many nearby places to eat. I would stay here again mainly for the proximately.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Javed
"NYC 2015"
It was a great stay close to a lot of the things I wanted to do
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Samantha
"Getaway"
Had a great anniversary weekend with my husband at the hotel. Room service is a bit overpriced, for coffee and one omelette $60.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Christina
"Excellent room and delicious food"
The hotel restaurant had exactly the meal I wanted, given that an operation has limited the amount and kind of food I can eat. The menu advertised a small portion meal, which was just the right size, and was absolutely delicious. The wine selection is also very good. The cost may be considered "pricey," but you get excellent quality consistently. We could eat in comfort then catch a cab to Lincoln Center without having to rush.
"too big and impersonal"
Cool and impersonal. Huge and expensive Hotel. You do not get what you paid for. Nevertheless is a Hyatt, so it is a clean confortable room. But No extras. No luxury at all for the 600 a night (after taxes) you pay.
2 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
ALFONSO
"Ok"
Valet parking too high 70 bucks
Samuel
"Awesome hotel"
The hotel was awesome! The room and bed were comfortable and the location was ideal. (next to Grand Central Station) We arrived early and were told they would put a rush on cleaning the room and that they would call us when it was ready. Two hours later I asked the desk and they said it was ready and apologized. That night we had a wine and cheese tray in the room. That was pretty nice!
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Grand Hyatt - small rooms, nice people"
For the money our room was small and the bathroom was also small. Overall our stay was good. Our one complaint was having housekeeping go down the hall knocking on doors with a key or other metal object at 8:00 a.m. when checkout is at 11 a.m. We could hear them way down the hall before they even got close to our room. The one day we could sleep late - not!
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
Karen and Jim
"Always a good place to stay..."
I have stayed before and always enjoy the stay. The hotel is very busy which can be annoying at times, but, the staff is always amazing. Rooms are very comfortable though I always seem to have trouble with the fancy light switches. Can't beat the location, though, again very busy.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"We'd stay again"
The room was a bit too warm and we couldn't figure out a lot of the high tech electrical features! But the set up of the room was beautiful. We would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"a great place to stay"
Everything was good except for the fact I couldn't get the input on the TV to change but other then that I very much enjoyed my stay
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
jeremiah
"great stay"
Great hotel in a great location. Room tv wasn't working when I first got to my room but that problem was solved very fast.
Lavar
"Great when inside!"
Great New York hotel with a beautiful lobby in a very central location, but with and extremely busy and dirty (almost chaotic) street entrance due to the Grand Central Station proximity.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Giovanni
"Great experience. No problems. Will be back."
We came to NY to see some sights. The Grand Hyatt has a great location for everything. Room was comfortable, clean, and well appointed. They give a coffee maker with free Starbucks if you ask for it--nice touch. Staff were courteous and prompt. After reading some negative reviews we were apprehensive, but what we experienced was what one wants from a hotel. That enabled us to focus on our visit to NY and not the place where we stayed.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Fun weekend in NYC"
What a beautiful hotel and check in was a breeze. The only complaint was the valet parking was expensive and a tad difficult to get the car back.
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Chad
"First of many visits."
My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at the Grand Hyatt. Everything was amazing about our stay except the fridge in our room didn't work which was quickly replaced by the staff. The hotel is conveniently located near grand central station which have lots of shops and food to enjoy and also the subway trains that connects you to all the attractions of New York. We enjoyed the beautiful restaurant located in the hotel to celebrate my boyfriend birthday and the market downstairs is also most convenient for late night snacks.
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Moved son into apartment for summer internship. Took the train into city - very convenient getting to hotel with all of our stuff. Enjoyed being able to walk around the city and not have to take cabs/alternate transportation. Chose hotel for it's location - very good experience overall.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
The location is perfect and since it is next to Grand Central station it is easy to commute. My room had a very modern feel which I really liked.I will definitely come back in the near future.
Leyla
"A nice hotel"
Nice facility in good condition room was spacious by NYC standards and comfortable
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Hotel was great. It is in a great location and very clean.
rachael
"Amazing modern hotel in prime location in NYC"
I was very impressed by this hotel. They allowed us to check in at 8 in the morning and check out at 1h30 instead of 11, free of charge. The hotel is trendy,modern and spotless. The room was clean, comfortable, pretty and spacious. There is a Starbucks in the lobby as well as another restaurant. And what to say about the location... It connects to Grand Central Station, and I had a direct view of the Chrysler building from my room. Free safety deposit box, free wifi.I will definately stay there for all my future NYC trips.
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
lidia
Next to Grand Central. It's a nice space to end the day after visiting New York for whatever reason
JOSE AURELIO
"Chosen for location"
Location was great - service people were nice - room was less than perfect. Broken clock, shower leaked terribly, broken outlet cover and no luggage racks.
3 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
Anne
"great location!"
Absolutely nothing bad to say about my stay. Hotel was in a great location very close to Time Square. Only problem was that my TV wasn't working the night that I stayed. They sent someone to try to fix the problem, but were not able ot fix it. They sent us cookies and chocolate covered strawberries to make up for the TV problem.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Jared
"Great NYC weekend!!"
Enjoyed stays here before. Love location right at Grand Central! Baths could use a little updating! Otherwise room nice and comfortable- fairly spacious when it comes to nyc. $3 per bag charge to hold our bags before our final departure - never had to pay before. Maybe this is new- across industry. Was sent chocolate covered strawberries because at check in they knew we were celebrating a birthday!!!nice touch ;) will go back!!
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
carrie
"All good!!"
Everything was perfect! Would stay at this hotel again.
marty
"Awesome hotel!"
Great stay! Hotel gave us an upgraded room. Great area and definitely recommend.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"I would stay here again"
Excellent hotel. They actually have friendly staff. We were given a guided tour of the roof even. Would stay again. Optimal location with grand central right next door!
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Great hotel next to Grand Central Station"
The check-in staff was very friendly and the hotel was very modern.
1 night business trip May 30, 2015