All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA, 94111, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"Nice enough"
My room was facing the ferry building which was nice. The room shape was odd, but that is san francisco. There was no late night room service. It was nice, but didn't seem like a 4 star.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Jamie
"Big hotel in a fab location."
Great hotel in a fab location. It's big so you don't get the intimate feeling that you would receive in a more boutique hotel but rooms were clean and quiet, staff were friendly. I didn't use any of the hotel facilities as far as restaurants, gyms etc but this place has it all. Suitable if you are in town for business or pleasure. Put the do not disturb sign on your door on the morning of checkout as housekeeping knocked on the door at 8am on a Sunday morning to turn the room... not ideal.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Penelope
"Convenient location"
Two nights only; no meals eaten there. My stay was good.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"I love San Francisco. My wife loved this hotel."
Very pretty hotel. Fabulous lobby area. We had a basic room and it was good size and a great view of the bay. Good amount of bells and whistles (free Wi-Fi, ipod dock). Friendly staff. Great location --- across the street from the Ferry Building, directly adjacent to end of California St. Cable Car line (not the crowded one), a few yards away from BART line. Upscale shopping next door. Union Square shopping about a 15 minute walk. AT&T Park nearby. Only downsides --- 1) there are a number of homeless people on the street (life in the big city), not overly aggressive, though and 2) a little on the pricey side (but it was special).
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
joel
"Perfect location"
Perfect location and easy access to cable cars, BART, muni, etc. Hotel staff was really friendly. Our room was available when we first arrived that morning so we did not have to wait long to check in. Lobby is beautiful and liked the lounge area available. Only complaint about room was it was a little dusty. Otherwise, it was a great stay.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Sandy
"College reunion in San Francisco"
Great efficient service, loved buffet breakfast, and used fitness center! Hotel location ideal to Ferry Building & Fisherman's Wharf. Loved San Francisco! Even got to practice yoga at a studio within walking distance.
10 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Diana
"Beach bum"
Hotel is very clean, but we paid for breakfast and it was the worse breakfast we have ever had in our lives! By the way, this is not Debra. It is her mother Joyce who stayed at the hotel with my sister. Debra tried to pay for us but couldn't! Also had to walk a mile to get ice and NO vending machines!
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Great Location in the Financial District"
My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Hyatt in the middle of July. Overall, it was a positive experience. Pros: Great location: all public transportation options were available within a block of the hotel. This includes the BART, F-Train, California St. cable cars and buses. Across the street from the main entrance are a number of convenience stores. Jaw-dropping atrium: a huge, modern and unusual lobby area. Front desk staff: very friendly and welcoming. Concierge service: they really helped us make the most of our time there, including getting last minute tickets to Alcatraz from a broker. Tip: book your tickets weeks in advance. They are currently booked a month out in summer. Room: we chose a balcony room which was totally worth it. There was seating for two on the balcony and the view of the pier area was lovely. Plus there is a mini-fridge in the room. Con: Although Happy Hour at the Eclipse Lounge is heavily advertised in the room and in the lobby, service was lacking even though there were only a few tables occupied. It looked as if only one server was on staff and she was concentrating on the larger parties of business people. Bathroom tub: the tile grout was stained black with set-in mold/mildew in places. That might be overlooked at a budget but for $400/night, I find it unacceptable. All that said, I would stay there again because the pluses outweigh the minuses and the location was perfect for us.
4 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Parking should be complimentary for hotel guest!!!"
Nice hotel but I am still bothered by being a guest and spending over $300 a night and still having to pay for parking (over $120) for our stay. Parking should be included for hotel guest.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Very nice location if you're into food culture being close to the ferry terminal. Felt a little less touristy (a plus for our family). The room was very nice with great views (we had bay view with balcony). The beds and specifically the pillows were not very comfortable felt like hard paper bags crumpled inside them and the bed had a somewhat worn dip on my side in the pillow top of the mattress. There was construction or maintenance going on outside at the building next door and they started a little early and it was a bit noisy, but I turned on the a/c and it drowned them out.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Brett
"Very large hotel"
Very large hotel. If you have concerns about heights you may feel uncomfortable due to the architecture of this hotel. Parking cost are very high.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Great hotel in a great location. Front desk clerk upgraded us to a bay view room at no extra charge.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Treating ourselves to some San Francisco luxury"
Great "staycation" treat. All was as expected for a $350 room in the FiDi.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Drew
"Meehhhhhh."
Stayed at this Hyatt many times since 1987. Amazing to see the place stripped to bare bones and really nothing else. Had a suite that clearly was a conversion, with an odd room set up with very sparse furnishings. Shower was a small closet. Blacony was great. Asked to use tap water...with an explaination the water was filtered on a fold card. No botteld water. Solid Hyatt gym.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"To be expected"
Beautiful property, amenities and neighborhood. We felt very comfortable and the close proximity to the ferry building and transportation made it all the better. Overall what was expected for area and price, will stay again!
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
bobby
"Giants fan perfection"
Beautiful hotel in a perfect location
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
This hotel is located near the Ferry Building -- not the most vibrant part of San Francisco at night during the week... but it can get loud early morning due to traffic. The hotel offers no swimming pool. Don't forget your fitness outfit as the concierge at this hotel cannot provide assistance with this matter (couldn't get my hands on running shoes). One positive note: the bed is comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2015
Haretha
"Weekend in the City"
we upgraded to the Regency Club - it was well worth it. We had breakfast and evening deserts on the top floor with wonderful views of San Francisco and the Bay. The location is perfect across the street from the Ferry Building and a short walk to Union Square. The only negative comment would be that parking is very expensive and it is very congested driving in and out.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Very nice atmosphere for a stress-filled business trip.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
Debra
"not my first choice"
So - I don't think this hotel is worth the price. they've obviously put a lot of money into the lobby, etc - but it's the rooms that matter! Those don't seem to be all that updated. My biggest pet peeve is the bathroom - super outdated, and hotels should offer at least 50% of the rooms with modern, roomy, walk-in showers. I say 50% because I imagine some parents might appreciate a tub for their small children, although let me tell you: no way would I allow my son in there without shower shoes and supervision (to make sure he doesn't touch anything), so... might as well be a walk-in shower! This particular week, there weren't many options by the time I realized I had to be in SF, and this happens to be next to my office - under different circumstances, this is a definite NO at it's price point.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
maria
"West Virginia visitors"
We watched the fireworks pier- Beautiful! The hotel is so unique!!
Sara
"Lot left to be desire... Except for the location!"
Excellent location in San Fran. I'm usually considered by my famy and friends as being very patient, But will not return to this Hyatt (skeptical about Hyatt in general), though, for the following reasons. It took forever to get our room ready way beyond the normal checkin time. Once ready, keys didn't work first, were made for a different room then, so had to go back and forth 4 times before someone brought up the correct keys. I had to ASK for them to do something satisfactory to help alleviate this frustration and waiting. Although for a good security reason that one must swipe ones room card to access certain floors, they need to increase just a few seconds to allow one to have enough time to insert the room card before the elevator door just shuts and skips the floor one needs to go, namely from 17th fl to 16th fl. The rooms are reasonably clean and comfortable.
Angela
"Highly Recommend"
Fantastic stay. Great service. Highly recommend even for a family trip. We were upgraded free of charge to a floor with bay view.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Good almost great hotel."
Stayed to have a place close to the Fourth of July fireworks. The room was clean and fairly spacious. It wasn't as upscale as you would think it would be based on the ambience of the hotel lobby and atrium. Very friendly employees. Would recommend this hotel.
"LOVING IT!"
GREAT; I will recommend the Hyatt to any and everyone I know!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Lovely SF"
It was lovely.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
On the last day of our stay , we were awoken to a false fire alarm at 630 am and being on the 17th floor made it a bit more exciting . When returning to our room to sleep for a little bit more ( as this was our vacation) we encountered very loud renovation that was taking place right outside our room ( on both the outside wall of the hotel and throughout the hallway)
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Baseball & sightseeing family outing"
Excellent location in the center of most attractions and easy access to public transit facilities to get anywhere in very short amount of time. Overpriced for the condition and amenities of the hotel, but the convienence and location are what you pay for. The staff members at each area that I talked with / serviced me, were outstanding and made me and my 2 boys feel great! Again, very favorable location to mass transit, Pier 39 and Wharf, AT&T Park (which we came for a game) and as a drop off in front of hotel for Amtrak (which we came on from Fresno).
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
"Two day stay at the Hyatt"
Clean comfortable rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location to see the Embarcadero, Bay Bridge, Market Street, etc. Pricey, though. Parking was over $50 a day which we thought was outrageous. Beautiful hotel and tasty meals at their restaurant. But price might keep us away next time.
2 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2015
My only complaint is a little bit noisy at night. To some sensitive people like my husband may not sleep well.
1 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
JENNIFER
"Fair value and great location for San Francisco"
I have stayed many places in the greater San Francisco area and I think the location of this hotel is pretty close and convenient to everything. Very good value considering the high cost of everything in San Francisco. I will say the entire area could use a good litter pick up crew and to be frank there are more than enough street characters many of them homeless to make a circus look tame. Loved the weather, sunny and cool.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
mackenzie
"Great visit to San Francisco"
We enjoyed staying at the Hayatt. It is easy to use local transit, centrally located to fisherman's wharf, PacBell park and the theater district is an easy ride. The Orpheum theater was a quick shot up Market(on BART).the cable cars are right outside the door. View of the bay and the bridge was fantistic.
3 night romance trip May 21, 2015
david
"Good Business Hotel"
I stayed at the Hyatt because it is located next door to my business meeting location. The front desk accommodated my early check in request, with no extra charge or hassle. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is configured in a courtyard style, so it is a bit noisy. Room service was prompt and the food was good. I will stay here again, provided the price is right.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
Keith
"Celebrating my wife's 60th birthday"
Room was very clean with magnificent view of the Ferry building and the Bat in the center of the city. I would definitely stay again
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"Early June visit"
4 nights. Our room keys did not work twice and we needed to return to front desk to have them re-keyed. Also, av unit was noisy.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Anne
"Fair"
Disappointed there wasn't compliminary breakfast
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Good hotel in a good location"
Good central location within walking distance of Union Square, Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. There is a cable car at the door, and the Bart and light rail station is very close. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the atrium is impressive, the breakfast was good and the wifi worked well.
2 night family trip May 30, 2015
Ellis
"Solo getaway"
Great location. Walk to so many great places.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
Christine
"Solid business hotel"
The water pressure in my room was fantastic. Usually the water pressure in the hotel is not good. So the change was very nice. Solid business hotel.
3 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Mediocre"
Location was excellent. Hotel is in dire need of upgrades. Looks like it is from the 70's era of convention hotels. Room was clean and the amenities were fine. Like I said, the location is why I choose this hotel. That being said, I will not be choosing this hotel again. I frankly will not go bask to San Francisco until they clean up their homeless problem. Truly embarrassing for a great city.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Gregory
"Hotel highly recommend"
This hotel is excellent rooms are great, clean. Hotel close to Att Park, Chinatown, and the peirs. The only draw back is how expensive everything is, but I guess that is expected is San Francisco.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Luis
"Could be improved upon"
Overall this is a great hotel property and I always enjoy staying there. Some of the rooms are beginning to show their age, however. Also, not all rooms have bathroom doors (ours had only a slider) and our bathroom had no fan. I thought that was required. If not, it certainly should be.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Non"
Non
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Amir
"You need to pay full price for a Hyatt experience"
If you book this hotel with discounted rates they place you in a room that has not been updated. Room looked like a best western room. Decent but not a typical Hyatt room. Location can't be beat.
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
"Romantic balcony setting"
Great view from the balcony, beautiful room! Amazing regency club on the top floor, relaxing weekend, best way to spend time with the one I love!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Valerie
"Hyatt- sliding down the scale"
I typically give this hotel four stars, but I've gone with three stars for this review. I reserved a king bed, but instead received two queens. What irked me the most was that the staff did not tell me the hotel was not providing me with the room I reserved, but instead was providing me with a different room. Perhaps the hotel hoped I wouldn't notice. It seemed a little underhanded to me. I stay at this Hyatt about 15 times a year. I expect better service. Also, the shower fixtures have very little water pressure. It feels like water is dripping on me as opposed to spraying on me. This is always an issue and is the result of a fixture choice rather than a water pressure issue. I find it annoying.
3 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Graduation stay"
stayed at this hotel for 6 days and was the best experience I've had with a hotel. Planning on booking future stays here.
6 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Good location at The Embarcadero Center"
Very convenient for this traveling in and out from the airport due to BART station literally right across the street (underground so not an eye or ear-sore. Taxi from the airport cost me $65 and BART for the return was $8.65……no brainer for me.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Jane
"Best place to stay !"
My husband and I traveled to SF for the Bay To Breakers Race. This hotel was the ideal location for our run. We loved the Ferry Building Farmer's Market right across the street and the start line was 2 blocks from the hotel. I will stay next year !!!!
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Rene
"EXCELENT HOTEL"
My husband and I went to San Francisco for 3 days. We always choose this hotel. We love it. It's excellent.
3 night romance trip May 7, 2015