All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
1740 N 1st Street, San Jose, CA, 95112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"Broken ice machines"
Decent place but the only complaint are that the AC took hours to cool off the room and ALL the ice machines were not working in several buildings. We had to call the front desk for ice.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Nice for a few nights"
The room had a weird smell to it. The hair dryer was not great. But other then that it was ok. The staff was very friendly. The beds and pillows were very comfortable.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Claudia
"Perfect if you're going to Levi's Stadium"
Conveniently located in front of a vta stop(cali metro system), super close to the aiport and they have free shuttles from 4:30 am till midnight. We went to watch a game at Levi's Stadium and this hotel couldn't have been more perfect. It does need a lot of repairs but then they're demolishing the whole building in a couple months to build a new casino.
3 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Maria
We booked our room for 2 nights the price was great for what we were looking for. Upon arrival and after check-in we went to our room to find out it looked nothing like the room we booked also the balcony only opens four inches for our safety. So we asked to get a room on the bottom floor so we can actually sit outside. Then we asked if they had any upgrades rooms since the room did not match the picture online, he said no they were all pretty standard and wanted to see the pictures. So I showed him hotels.com website and he said this is not our hotel. They offered us too look at other hotels but they were all booked so we ended up staying, the room has no microwave or refrigerator. For a refrigerator is 10$ extra a night, so we asked if they could throw one in for the false advertisement but they wouldn't. Overall it was an okay stay for barely being in the room.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Hotel Mis-Hap!!!"
I would recommend but when checking young didn't know what she was doing charged my card 3 times cause it decline other cause the CC coming any thought there was fraud going on!!!!!! Embarrassing when shopping at other stores..
3 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
Felix
"Garden Hotel for Airport Convenience"
This was our return stay at the Garden Hotel, mainly for the convenience to the San Jose Airport. Very convenient to return a rental car and be picked up by the hotel van, then a 4:30 am departure in the morning. Makes things so easy. The restaurant is good for the pizza and sandwiches, but no full meals are served. I would rate the Garden a very good to excellent.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Edgar P.
Room was clean and comfortable. Need to update TV. Reception could have spent some time explaining and pointing out the various amenities available. Central location with easy access to freeways & shopping.
4 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Don
"Stayed for Taylor Swift Concert"
Hotel is located near major freeway and all sorts of public transportation which is great. Rooms are a bit outdated but still comfortable and very clean. The facilities had a really cute outdoor courtyard area which I quite enjoyed. Unfortunately, pool area closes at 10pm which isn't very convenient if you were out exploring all day. Had a late dinner at the little on site restaurant. Food was quite delicious and server was very courteous and kind, always making sure our table had everything we needed. Really appreciated the service there. Great place to stay if on a budget.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Dated but rooms were comfortable"
We had concert tickets at Levi Stadium. The hotel's location was ideal for taking the train to the stadium. The train platform is just across the street from the hotel parking lot. Be sure to get an "excursion (cheaper) or Day" pass before you board, as the stadium makes you show that you have paid in advance for your return trip. The train would also be ideal for taking into downtown San Jose and skipping the parking fees and headaches. It goes by about every 15 minutes. I down rated the service a bit because the man at the shuttle desk could not tell me anything about the train, other than pointing out where it was located. Later a very helpful man took his place and told me exactly where to get off for Levi Stadium and which trains would bring us back to the hotel later and provided us with a train map, which the first man seemed to be unaware of. The hotel itself is quite dated and smells musty in the lobby and hallways. Our room was small but comfortable and clean. The hotel has a beautiful, large courtyard and pool area, ideal for relaxing with a complementary cup of coffee in the morning. I would definitely stay their again.
"Underwhelmed but satisfied"
This was a last minute, late night booking. The hotel is older but clean. Nothing exciting but definitely sufficient if you're just stopping for a night.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2015
Phone does not work. Hotel needs renovation
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Rizwan
"not too bad"
I choose this hotel because of its proximity to Levi Stadium and its reasonable price...and any place I stay has to have a pool for my autistic son.
Tammy
"BE CAREFUL"
The room was not clean or nice. The area is not good. We went to the Taylor Swift concert at Levi stadium. We could not find parking at the hotel after the concert. We had to park in the very back. Very loud and noisy place. At 1:00 in the morning security knocked on our door. When we answered they said "oh wrong person". When I asked them why they knocked they said they were looking for someone. Do they not know who is staying in what rooms they are staying in? Very shady place not worth the price.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Was disappointed with this hotel. The elevator was small and door barely opened to get in. It was a very aged hotel...you could tell it has been used and abused. Luckily my stay was less than 24 hours and briefly in hotel.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Hotel is fine but service is spotty"
Hotel was great but day to day upkeep was very spotty. Workout room and pool rarely had clean towels and service.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"NASTY- GROSS AND RUDE bartender AND WAY EXPENSIVE"
it was horrible they suck in a stinky room with wet carpets they had no remote control the coffee pot was in the bathroom it didn't work and when you complain they wanted to give you a voucher for breakfast that was cold. even through the coffee pot didn't even work at all I went into the restaurant to try to get a Coffee they wanted to charge me two dollars.. then when I went in there and got coffee I ended up paying $18 for a nasty buffet I did not even eat.. doing I can't complain about the dirty coffee pods I didn't work and then what car did they switch me to even worse room I want to complain about that one they wanted to change me into an even worse all around the experience was terrible the manager Anthony was horrible and Carlos the other manager we're horrible.. . if they have negatives I would have put negative on all the reviews!!!
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
MISS NEVER GO BACK Yuk!
The hotel was better than most of the reviews had indicated. The hotel is an older property but was adequate for the needs of my trip.
5 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"we pay too much for the quality of the hotel."
Is old and maybe is not just that the maid forgot towels and she do not know how to clean..
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Old hotel"
Hotel is old and poorly maintained. Toilet leaked - window was cracked - smelled super weird Pretty sure I will not be a returning customer
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Carlos
"Unclean Hotel"
Fortunately our stay was only for one night and this is very conveniently located to the airport. It was not inexpensive! We checked in and the representative on duty was not very pleasant and didn't work with us. We checked into the room and actually had garbage on top of the dresser and garbage on the floor.The beds were very comfortable, but it was difficult to sleep knowing that the room was unkept. I travel frequently and this is, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"very dirty"
Bathroom toilet was overflowing, showerhead broken, no remote, no toilet paper in the restroom, door broken, did not clean room and found a few empty liquor bottles under the bed. The stay was so horrible, I wouldn't stay there again.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Veronica
"Nothing special but worth the price"
Nice room. Felt safe. Two queen beds is why I picked it, family of four. OK pool. Walking distance to some food but better to have have a car as most places are about a mile or two away.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
dennis
We stayed for 3 nights. My only complaint is that the shower smelled gross. Beds were pretty comfortable. We wished there was a dvd player so we can watch movies while we were in the room. Not many channels available. The staff was very nice. The pool was big. My daughter enjoyed the pool to herself all 3 days we were there. It was nice having tables outside. We had lunch twice outside by the pool.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
JO C
"Nice garden"
Nice staying with beautiful garden outside the window.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Andrzej
"Shabby chic from the 80s - smelly carpets and all"
In two words - horrible hotel. First, no elevator so you have to lug your luggage up a flight of stairs. As an added bonus, you now have much longer to inhale the scent of decades old, dingy, dirty carpets lining the hallways to your room. Once inside, you are greeted with an OK room, except the TV is something out of the late 80s at best and partially obscured by the small cubby in the wall so unless you are directly in front of it, expect to miss a percentage of the screen. There was a 1-2 inch space between the door and the floor, bathing your room in a bright light from the hallway all night long, regardless of whether you wanted that light or not. The bathtub had mold around the grout but at least the shower head had good pressure. It is such a shame that this level of hotels cost close to $250 a night after taxes in Silicon Valley.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
Kuhoo
"Room assignment mix up."
Had to change reservation to 1 day instead of 3 due to family event changes. The change went smoothly and I was given credit for the 2 days I cancelled on. However, at about 1am on the night we stayed the front desk assigned our room to someone else while we were asleep. The person came into our room not knowing it was assigned to us. He actually walked into our room and turned on the lights and was surprised that we were in there and he apologized and left. We notified the front desk and they confirmed there was a mix up and also apologized. The next morning during our checkout the hotel let us know that there would be no charge for our stay.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Bad customer service."
Room was clean but staff was not friendly and the neighborhood was sketchy. I also didn't like the hotel charging a deposit to my credit card. Very poor customer service.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Ilyong David
Wonderful staff ! The hotel is p Rather old, but the grounds are well kept.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Doreen
"Only one washcloth & non working keys"
Had such a challenge with our room keys over and over again. Waited approximately 30 minutes in the hall for security to come let us in after an emotionally challenging day spent at a funeral. Actually it may have been more 15 minutes us trying and 15 waiting on security. Asked for ten minutes to 30 minutes extra to late check, just in case we might need it and were denied. They did leave complimentary water bottles which was really nice. Only one washcloth was left for us to use and bugs were left dead right outside patio door. Patio nice to have but that door was a challenge to lock up. Initial desk staff cordial and welcoming.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
S. Maria
"Better than some but not by much..."
Was a good place to sleep. Some rooms in better condition than others. Antiquated software browsers in business center make it impossible to retrieve cloud documents or boarding passes. Prices for hotel rooms dropped three days before my stay and I paid more due to pre-paying. Room was worth the sale price but not what I paid. Neighborhood is dicey and there was no security patrolling the parking lot - or the open walkways to the rooms. This is a glorified motel.
3 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Melanie
"The garden"
Nice hotel stay. Enjoyed everything about it
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Mini family get away. The hotel was ok. Carpets and TV needs to be updated, other than that, it was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
See Y
The reservation was for 3 people in a standard room with 2 queen beds, but only one set of towel was provided in the bathroom. The phone in the room had no dial tone, so I had to use my own cell phone to call the front desk twice, in an interval of 20 minutes, to have the extra towels delivered. When I mentioned the phone problem, he said I had to press 1 or 2 to get the dial tone, I did, but still no dial tone. Also the electric clock is lit, but the time stood still. However, I like swimming pool and the surrounding, and the shuttle service.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Sabina
There were several poor reviews but we thought it was a very nice hotel for the price given that it is such an expensive area. The parking lots were always very full but there didn't seem to be many people around, especially during the day. The pool/garden area was beautiful and pretty quiet during the day (didn't stock pool towels often so may need to take them from the room). Was surprised there weren't more places to eat nearby.
4 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Kristin
"Front desk and maintence"
The room was clean, the grounds was clean, parking was good and the front desk and maintenance doesn't communicate and they really mess the reservations. We paid for two nights and the maintenance man had to fix the patio screen in our room and gave a choice to go to another room, which we declined. The maintenance man didn't communicate with the front desk that we declined the other room. When we returned that evening, we couldn't get into our room. The front desk had rented out our room and we had to go to another room. Wouldn't you think that if a room is rented for two nights, they would double check before they rented that room again.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
elizabeth
"your mileage may vary..."
I have bittersweet feelings about this stay, the room was comfortable and seemed clean, the property was generally in good shape. Unfortunately, service at this property felt chaotic and overlooked many details: Housekeeping failed to replace bath towels when cleaning, there seems to have been a party out near the pool that abandoned trash on the tables and ground and I sat at the restaurant for breakfast waiting 10 minutes for the waiter before walking out. This property has promise, its near a starbucks, chipotle and other eateries...but I think your mileage may vary in what you get out of this hotel. Maybe I was just there on a crazy day.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
I stayed at this hotel once before and had a bad experience, so I should have known better! This time around our room was worse! The walls were paper thin and as a result we could hear the adjacent guests' conversations and MORE!.....not what you want to try to explain to your children who are with you! The noise from the hallway and outside were also annoying! The bathroom had hair all over the place and the room have several exposed electrical outlets. Also the tube style television had a broken remote control! I will NEVER give this place my money again and I recommend you don't either! It's a dump!
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Gabriel
"great"
we stayed 2 nights and then we had extra company.Hotel was very good at bringing us extra coffee in towels as needed.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
juanita
"Covert costs"
Too many hidden costs...beware!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Brooke
"What a dump!"
this is a motel, not a hotel. People hanging out all over the place; shady if you are alone. terrible quality hotel; felt like there were bed bugs; mold in the shower; smelled like mold....parking is atrocious; I had to walk about 2 blocks to get to the dorm like hotel and it was late...the whole place is shady. And for $400 a night; it is stealing!! ridiculous, horrible, will never go back; you should never go!!
Kathleen D
"Miscommunication under pressure"
The stay was good, but not exceptional and we paid more money for this motel than we have ever paid for a motel. To make the reservation the phone connection was terrible and we ended up making reservation through Expedia, which we thought was your motel. Their 800 number appeared next to your phone number on a web page. To top it all off there was a miscommunication about parking the car with you. We had no place to park after we got there, and we thought we had made a reservation with you people.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good for Road Stop."
This Hotel served our purpose as an overnight stay. This was the only place we stayed all week that didn't have a continental breakfast, so that was disappointing.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Overpriced"
Over priced, $100 deposit fee, terrible room services, terrible media services, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice, I should have stayed at motel 6 for half the price, less hassles checking in
Armond
"Stay away"
This hotel was awful. It was old, dirty and smelly. It was way-overpriced for its offerings. The air conditioner didn't work well and the water didn't seem clean. I would never stay here again.
"Union Getaway"
Old hotel but kept very clean . The pool is great ! Close to light rail, airport and places to eat . I would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
jeanette
"Puurrrrfectly Pleasant!"
I decided to give the San Jose Airport Garden Hotel a try being that it is conveniently located by my husband's job. The hotel also provides shuttle service 24/7, every half hour! Great! I didn't have to get up and take him!;) The design of the hotel is of comfort, almost tropical. The staff provides excellent service, from Management to Housekeeping. We enjoyed our break from the normal routine. Thank you SJGAH Staff and Security, for a wonderful getaway! Special thanks to The Silver Rewards Customer Team at Hotels.com for your continued professionalism, knowledge, and as always, that extra mile you go to keep me happy!
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Becky
"Former SJ gem now dowdy and awful"
rooms not updated since the late 90's. TV's with terrible color and no capability to order movies but if you have wifi and iPads, one usually doesn't need this feature, except the wifi is very substandard. The restaurant food was awful. Originally from SJ, I've visited this hotel over the decades for business events and meetings. So sad to see this have no value except for its location next to the airport and a lower price than others around. Here's why: the place is scheduled for demolition and will be a new location for Bay 101 (a card room). Don't stay here unless you need nothing more than to be close to the airport.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Dina
"excellent place"
Excellent
2 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
"24 hours in San Jose"
My stay was very brief. I flew in to San Jose, Ca for a wedding. I arrived on Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday morning. I reached the hotel around noon time. Check in was 3:00pm and they did not offer early check-in. I wasn't familiar with the area but I decided to drive around for a while to find food and pick up items that couldn't be taken on the plane. I made it back to the hotel at 3:15 to check in. The line was long but the employees at the desk were friendly and efficient. The hotel was luxurious in the least. However, they were clean and welcoming. Perfect for a brief, inexpensive, getaway.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2015
Nicole
"Dated"
The hotel looked worn out. I did not receive a welcome when I checked in (was simply asked for my ID and credit card and told where my room was). The employee that took my key when I checked out the next morning was friendlier.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015