All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
1740 N 1st Street, San Jose, CA, 95112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Fare Thee Well Stay"
It was the weekend of the Grateful Dead concerts so it was packed with fans. Very accommodating staff. Fun time.
3 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
Eibhlhin
Grateful. Thank you for a real good time
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Claudia
They do not allow early check in at all, so the 300 or so deadheads that were all waiting with me got to have the first two hours of our party in line waiting to check in to the hotel. Other than that, the place was very adequate.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Patrick
"Carlos saves the day!"
We were attending the final Santa Clara dead shows. We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by a line to check in of 150 people. When we finally got to the front desk to check in, we learned that hotels.com had never sent the confirmation of our reservation to the hotel. The manager on duty, Carlos, put us at the top of the List for cancellation room. The hotel and every other hotel within a 10 mile distance was completely sold out. Carlos came through in a cancellation was transferred to my name. The hotel itself is a very large property the rooms are somewhat outdated but adequate for our purpose. The pool and garden area were very nice. The location is right across from the light rail stop. This makes it a good hotel for any event occurring at the stadium or downtown.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"This hotel will be missed!"
Too bad this place is getting torn down, it is perfect for the VTA and airport!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Jeffrey
"Grateful Dead weekend"
We went on a VERY busy weekend since the DEAD were playing at Levi Stadium for their last concerts in California. The staff was so nice and did their very best to accommodate all the people flooding in at the same time. Yes, the wait was long to check-in, but the staff were great to us!
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Big on promises, small on delivery"
I recently prepaid for a room at the San Jose Airport Garden Hotel. I paid for 2 queen beds for my family. When I arrived they didn't have two queens available. I was told that when you prepay through something like hotels.com/expedia, you only get the first available room. So we got 2 doubles instead. This doesn't seem right to me as a prepaid room should have priority over a reservation. We also asked for a small refrigerator. We were told they would provide one, but they didn't. We spoke them again, and again we were told that they would provide the refrigerator, but it never appeared. The garden area in the center courtyard is very nice. The room was clean. The view of the garden was pleasant. But the rest of the experience wasn't great. I stay in this general area frequently, and this hotel is now not on my preferred list.
5 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Short vacation bombed!"
This hotel needs total renovation!
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Lilian
"Last resort option."
No towels in the room. Smelled like pot.
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
Michele
"Best of the Best"
Best of the Best
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Ketty
We just needed a place to rest our heads for the night.However,I expected it to be bit nicer from the advertised original price. I am not sure I would stay again but the staff was very helpful and courteous.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
trina
outdated hotel the tv did not work and they were supposed to call someone out to fix it and never did. most of the outlets in the room did not work
1 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
jenifer
"comfortable"
this is not my first time at these hotel I love the location easy to get public tranpotation
1 night trip Jun 20, 2015
frances
Nice staff. Room was okay nothing special. We had to call for towels though because there were none in our room.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Luz celebration of life"
Extremely old and in dire need of remodel.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
eric
"dirty dump"
this place was a filthy dump. stained carpets, broken security doors. horible bed. and yes, i have stayed at plenty of 2 star hotels
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
joseph
WE came in late and wanted to stay near the airport. It was great for renting a car. It has a free shuttle and you can park and stay there. It also has a lovely garden. The hotel is going to be torn down in November, but for now it is a good deal. It reminded me of an old hotel in Florida.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"Cheap - SJC room"
It's ok but I think the hotel is on it's way out.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
"Wonderful stay for Santa Clara Graduation"
The staff was helpful and happy. The only gribe that I have is the TV is very out dated and there are very few channels. Having the conviencance of Hertz car rental and their great price was wonderful.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Rebecca
"Dated and unfriendly"
There was a bug in the bathtub. The room was extremely dated. The room felt dark and damp.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Terry
"Worth the extra $100 to stay somewhere else."
Room smelled, dated. Common areas are ok, but will not be returning.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Oldie but Goodie"
My first impression was very good. The lobby is very nice and the staff very welcoming. The grounds and rooms are dated, however, I had no problem with it. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. Would have like to be able to go on the small patio but the sliding door only opened a few inches. We took a stroll and the gardens had potential, but were sparse and the pond/waterfall needed cleaning. The pool looked awesome! Very large and sparkling clean. We were only there for a quick stay over so did not take advantage of it - but will if we return. I would have no problem rebooking this place.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Desiree
"Decent place"
It was a reasonable price for a night in San Jose. The neighborhood around it wasn't much; however, there were a couple of small restaurants from which to eat.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
"Garden of eden"
Great hotel. Nice Service
19 night business trip May 26, 2015
Tad
"Just fine for the night."
The hotel provides a typical relatively low-cost room. The grounds had some niceties. It is fine for the night. AC is loud.
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
"Decent and convenient enough--set expectations bet"
Room was decently comfortable. It's right on the light rail line which was very helpful. Close to the airport, audio very helpful. There's a Starbucks and Chipotle down the street--again, helpful. The hotel decor is dated and uninviting. We read you can get a rollaway bed for $10 but were told at the desk by two different people that they are not allowed to put a rollaway bed in a room with two queen beds. The airport shuttle seems hit or miss; even at 4:50am there was a line and the shuttle was only a 7 passenger minivan.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Brandon
"Good except they forgot to sweep the bathroom"
Every thing was great but the bathroom floor was dirty and gritty
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Chloe
"Hotel with an attitude problem"
Had three nights stay but realised the very first night that these guys have an attitude problem. Unless you are visiting a biz next door try other better options in the same price bracket.
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Hasnat
"Not safe for females traveling alone."
When I walked in, I killed a spider. NOt a good way to start out. As a female traveling alone on business, I was concerned about where I had to park to enter the building that I was assigned to. I had to drive to get somewhere to eat dinner. Even if I wanted to eat at the hotel, I still would have had to drive around the facility to get to the main lobby area.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nearly awful"
Nearly awful. The buildings smell bad. The alarm clock in the room didn't work, the drapes didn't close, the restaurant is a joke, the workout area is laughable, the air conditioner blew air into the drapes and billowed them out, and the front desk staff was not at all friendly. Won't be staying here ever again.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Terry
"Poor"
Not recommended. It's exactly as is, a 2 star or less hotel. We had to move majority of our team at this hotel because it was in such poor/scary condition.
6 night business trip May 3, 2015
"Bad Internet"
Internet speed is terrible. Forget to use internet during night.
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Average"
One night stay. Wifi access was average, staff friendly, ordered a burger from the restaurant which was a delicious hand made patty. Will look at this hotel again if I need to come back to San Jose.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Stay OK"
Our room was quiet but other side of Motel was freeway. Room didn't have any way to regulate temperature, had sliding glass door but no way to open for air during night, not going to keep door open all night!
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"A last resort"
The Marriott Residence Inn & Courtyard were booked full, so I stayed here for proximity to my place of business. I had a second floor room, and there was no elevator, so I had to schlep my luggage up the stinky stairwell. The entire building where my room was had a strange funky smell that was a mixture of body odor, mold, and disinfectant. The phone in my room did not work for me to call the front desk. The single floor lamp did not have a bulb in it. The TV only received Fox, CBS & ABC The internet reception was spotty There was no mini-fridge
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Rebecca
"Probably worthless gym in the entire bay area."
Buffet is great. Great service at restaurant. Not much in the room. Old TV - quite old. Probably worthless gym in the entire bay area. (though the letters on the wall are real large)
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Hari
"Worn down hotel stay"
Very poor accommodations and service. Would not stay there ever again. Only benefit is the close proximity to the airport.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
Javelin
"you get what you pay for...literally"
Completely outdated hotel. I asked for a fridge in my room during my booking and again during check in. Since i didnt get a call or a fridge, i went down to the lobby to see what was going on. not only did i not get a fridge, but the guy that i asked for one had left for the day. The room i stayed in smelled like mildew and the carpet was full of stains. The bartender at the hotel bar and grill had no mixology knowledge and over poured all my drinks (which i didnt mind after a horrible day). Hotels.com needs to take this hotel off as one of their selections.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Ok
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Jose Luis
"old rundown place....not worth it."
The place is veryy run down and smells.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Got Towels?"
Queen beds are a plus and it's close to everything I needed, but they put only 2 towels out for 3 people one day and NO towels the next, even though I tipped the maids every day. Beds are firm and unfortunately I prefer softer beds. Other than these two things it was great.
6 night business trip May 20, 2015
"i would not recommend a friend"
hard to sleep too much over head noise. no parking..
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Hard to get a good night's sleep"
After our arrival we enjoyed a drink outside on the patio near the pool and gardens. The grounds at the hotel are quite pretty. However, our sleep that night was interrupted several times by loud groups in the hallway outside our room, and then, around 3 am, by very loud prolonged shouting in the parking lot outside our room. Eventually, the parking lot was filled with police cars and rescue vehicles who were called to subdue the person. We were told the next morning that the person who caused all the turmoil outside was not a hotel guest, but still the experience was unsettling and we left feeling we had not had a very pleasant and restful stay. Even though the incident apparently was not caused by a guest, we felt the front desk staff should have been more sympathetic and apologetic.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Rosanne
"Comfortable and Clean"
Front desk person Jennie needs a better personality...comes off rude...very monotone and un-friendly. But the rest of the staff were very nice. Beds are very comfortable and the pillows!! Omg I have to find one for my home! The building and furnishings are a little old, and the TV needs to be upgraded but over all I would stay there again.
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
Tami
"Poor value. Stick with the name brands."
very overpriced for what you get. The bar service was awkward, food was mediocre. The rooms were very outdated with funky TVs and the balcony door only opened 4 inches. Walls paper thin.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
Leslie
"Rooms are older"
At first the room we got was not what we expected! The floor had stains the desk was damaged and it smelled like cigarettes in a non smoking room! We requested a room change and they were very polite and gave us a better cleaner room!
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"San Jose Airport Garden... Never Again"
This hotel may have had three stars but that would have been over 10 years ago. The corridors were not clean, specifically the carpet. The hotel smelled of accumulated soil. The television had all of five channels available. When we received our checkout bill we saw that the hotel had added charges adding to 20% of our room costs. These included convention area charges. I have never paid these in San Jose before this instance. I was disappointed that you had this place listed and available.
4 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
You get what you pay for. It's a hotel, in San Jose. Most brand hotels in the area are $100 more expensive.
2 night business trip May 13, 2015
"Aging Motel"
Older Motel. Old TV very dark. Bed too soft, but people were friendly and very convenient to the airport. Inexpensive food nearby. I did not eat in the restaurant.
1 night trip May 10, 2015
"Slightly above Motel 6 quality w/Sheraton price"
Decent hotel, but inflated price for what I got due to area - everything jacked up in San Jose just because it's San Jose. The rooms had a muggy smell. Wasn't sure there was an elevator to the second floor. Had to use the stairs. There was an attempt at a decor in the room that was obvious, so they pulled it off somewhat, but offset by other (lack of) design features that should not command the price I paid. Slightly above Motel 6 quality with a Sheraton price.
1 night trip May 10, 2015