All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
1441 Quivira Rd, San Diego, CA, 92109, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"LOVE this resort!!"
San Diego has become one of our favorite family spring break spots but this was our ourst time at this resort and we will most definately come back. By far one of the best places for a family in SD. It is 4 minutes to Sea World and you can take a water taxi to park, and 15-20 minutes to all the best beaches, zoos, museums,restaurants, you name it. Great pool area for everyone in family with excellent pool service, restaurants and service. Fire roasting puts in the evenings for the kids, water slides..amazing spot!! Everyone there went above and beyond to make our stay the best. One thing to keep in mind when booking though is they do charge $35 a night for self park and rate is the same for valet. There is also a $20 a night hotel charge. All in all though a fantastic stay!!
6 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Cynthia
"Wasn't what we had hoped for"
Great rate on Expedia then came the $35 a night parking fee (whether you valet parked or not) plus the over $25 a day resort fee. CRAZY! Must have been spring break, pool was packed with screaming kids. We have had better weeks at this Hyatt location.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
The Martin's
"Nice hotel, great location"
The room was a little damp smelling upon arrival but was quickly remedied by turning on the dehumidifier. The grounds were beautiful and the pools were very nice. I would have rated the experience a 10 if not for a bill dispute. They offer complimentary beach chairs with a $25 fee if not returned. I returned my 2 chairs but was charged a fee of $50 on my credit card anyways. After returning home, if not for due diligence to have the fee removed I would have been mistakenly charged. I was not entirely happy with the $35 a day parking fee either. It seems a bit excessive. Other than that, its a nice clean place, well kept and in a great location, minutes from the beach and SeaWorld.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Gene
"Great central location. Kids loved the pool!"
We usually stay further north but this year planned our spring break too late. I was pleasantly surprised how close to everything we were. The hotel grounds are beautiful, you don't want to leave.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Everyone was so nice and helpful. The food was great from the bagel shop and room service, although pricey, was delicious. The pool area was great and I can't wait to go back with my kids again.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
My kid's loved it here. I would definitely come back
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Amazing family friendly place"
Wayne at the front desk was a star. We loved our room the view and the pool. Perfect spot for family getaway
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Danielle
"Excellent hotel"
Really nothing to find fault with. Staff were excellent, facilities great and lovely location. Found their Red Marlin restaurant a little over priced but that's all. Would definitely recommend.
6 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Paula
"Wonderful hotel!"
The water slides are excellent! Would recommend this place to everyone!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Discussing mattress and stinky room"
Our room was not in the main hotel it was in an old beat up two story building next to the hotel. I was unable to change rooms or upgrade because I booked through a third party. The room smelled and was dark and very out dated. The first night the bottom sheet came off of the mattress on my husbands side and in the morning we discovered the most discussing brown stains on the mattress where his head was sleeping. The two story facility stairs had about twenty cigarette butts on it for the three days we were there. The pool was awesome and the staff was great but I would never stay there again because of my room conditions.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
allison
"Great Resort--Dirty Room"
We booked this hotel for a weekend for springbreak with our 2 young kids. It was great hotel/resort for families. The kids loved the pool and slides. They also had smores/firepits available that they enjoyed. There was also a tasty and nutritious restaurant on-site for dinner and buffet breakfast with wonderful service staff. On the negative side, our room was not cleaned properly before we arrived. There were french fries on the chair, candy on the floor and coffee stains on the table. We were also missing the book with all the amenities/room service menu and asked the front desk to bring us one, and they never did. I was not impressed. However, we didn't spend very much time in the room so we let it slide.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Nina
"Lots of warmth for a cool city!"
Awesome place. Excellent for a family. Heated pool for cool evenings and warm smores by the fire will be unforgettable.
5 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Expensive not worth the money"
35$ overnight parking + plus resort fee+ very expensive room service- not worth it at all! pool and spa areas always always crowded and pool not heated!
"nice, FOR families"
good time, potential improvements: Merlin restaurant the only option to eat within walking distance, not very good anyhow; you get taxes and additional fees for everything. Overall ok.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
cristian
"Nice hotel close the sea world."
Very good hotel for relax vocation. We stayed in this hotel for spring break. Kids got fun in swimming pool.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"It Took Four Rooms to Get it Right!"
We had to change rooms four times! The first room smelled terrible. We were told it was the drain, and were moved to a second room. The second room was old and dirty and overlooked the noisy pool. The third room was a mini "suite" and was at the end of the tower overlooking the freeway. It was so noisy I thought the windows were open, but when I went to close them I noticed they were closed, but had big gaps that allowed the freeway to sound like we were directly next to it. Finally after two hours we were given a fourth room, which was fine and what we originally booked - a tower room with a marina view. Also the "resort" (which it is not) and parking fees are ridiculous. The pools were also cold, and the hot tub (there is only one) was very crowded. Our next visit to San Diego will not be at this hotel!
2 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
"Beautiful view"
We stayed at this hotel for a special event. We were assigned a suite room. It was a wonderful surprise. The view from the room was stunning. I only wish we were able to stay longer. Room was clean and the location was perfect
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
Neilan
"super location and good for families, too"
great for kids, esp. the pool. clean room. great view. nice people
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
anette
"Great Location, Basic Rooms"
I had booked this hotel for a quick, 4-night family getaway. The room with the 2 queen beds was very small. No space to get around with the two beds. The bathroom was small, dated, and uncomfortable. Once you open the door and get in, it is impossible to access the toilet or get around without carefully scooting around the door. I don't know how large people would be able to stay in a room like this or access a bathroom this small. Otherwise, the room had a balcony facing a spectacular marina with boats. And the location on the mission bay allowed us to participate in beach activities and eateries without driving too far.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Evelina
Hotel and staff were great! We were offered a free upgrade because they were not fully booked. Overall, we had a great experience at the Hyatt.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice Stay"
Location and staff were great but the rooms were a little dated and need to be updated.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
The wifi is terrible. Staying in the tower was better than the shoreline suites.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
DanS
"weekly traveler, Hyatt"
Location obviously phenomenal which is what you're paying for. Staff is good and grounds are beautiful. Rooms are Ok. nothing special thats for sure and thin walls and ceilings as I heard the people upstairs until MIdnight when needed to be up for work very early. I called desk and they addressed but as I figured it was quiet for a bit then picked back up since they prob were mad someone complained on a Thursday night at midnight about banging around. I travel every week and am very lienient on hotels as it is a tough job but room was more like a 2 star but the hotel and pools are cool and most people prob aren't hangning out in their room at MIssion Beach... jus sayin. Thats the only reason I wouldn't rate it higher. The $35 parking fee is a joke. They probably do that in order to keep boaters etc out of their lot. Thats easily fixed WITHOUT the $35 bucks if they just verify the room as the drive is blocked anyway. It's not rocket science BUT it IS a way to gouge you. For someone who is at the highest level for Hyatt points it is extremeley disappointing I was charged $35 bucks to park from 10 pm to 6 am...
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great location with beautiful weather"
Nice hotel--on the water--large, quiet rooms. The Hyatt has put in a fair amount of resources for upgrading and renovation.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
mollybecky
Great hotel in a central location. We stayed for five nights. The food was good, the staff was pleasant, and they had great amenities.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Hotel didn't live up to our other Hyatt stays!"
We received an upgrade upon check in and I was looking forward to our stay. When we got to the room, I was disappointed to see that the suite was a bit dated. The whole hotel seemed dated. The pool area was nice. We have stayed at other Hyatt hotels and had a much better experience. There were no extras like cookies and lemonade In The afternoon, snow cones and movie night by the pool. It was just average...which is not what we expected staying in a Hyatt hotel.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
B
"Nickel and dimed"
They didn't tell me about charges for the resort and self parking was $35 a day. The room smelled and had stairs we had to pull our bag up. Booked at an undisclosed hotel and ended up adding $300 in fees to what we thought was a good deal for 4 nights. The pool area was dirty and even in the morning had old food trays and wet towels just left all over the place. This is the last time I am booking a hotel through this website. The pictures do not even begin to show how horrible and buggy our room was
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
bugged out
"Nice place next to the bay and close to the beach"
I have stayed twice here. The suites are very roomie and nice. Patio is very small and no screen so you can't leave the patio door open. Many fly's outside on patio. I was bitten by a bug at night and woke with a huge painful mark on my leg. Staff is nice. They need more pool staff, not enough people no one asking if you need food or a drink. Both times I have gone there have been kids jumping and splashing in the jacuzzi which is super annoying. I would stay here again but it would be nice to see some changes to the pool area and a screen put on the patio door.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
SG RN
"Spa? No, no spa."
The hotel was great. I booked this hotel specifically because of the spa. I called the spa a month in advance to make reservations for a Saturday Morning, for 5 girls. At that time, I was told that they were not sure if they could accommodate us. Not because they were full, but because none (not a single one of their 20+ therapists) were scheduled to come in that morning. I was told that they would see if any of their therapists were interested (INTERESTED!?!?) in coming in that morning to service us. I called twice more for an update as my hotel check-in date approached, and was greeted kindly, but I did not get a response back until less than a week before my check-in date. The response was that they were not able to accommodate the group of 5 people. Mind you, I was not asking for five of the exact same treatments, and I was willing to work with them on any available treatments. I just wanted them to all be in the morning. I cannot understand how a hotel, a very large hotel, that offers a spa as one of thier many available amenities, could not be able to accommodate FIVE people when I was told they have several therapists on staff...especially when I gave the hotel spa so much advance notice. That was very disapointing. Extremely disapointing.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Lacey
"This Hotel was a hit...now needs a renovation!"
The wallpaper was ripped, stains in the carpet, window seals broken leaving foggy windows with torn screens, mildew in the shower, and marked walls.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Hotel with excellent view and amenities."
My wife and myself went to San Diego, CA from Santa Ana, CA to celebrate my 51st birthday and have a get away period from our routine. I stay at the hotel one night and dined at the restaurant there at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay and Marina. We stayed on the 12th floor and the room had an excellent view of Mission Bay and the Marina with a small balcony on the room. The hotel staff we excellent, kind and quick at serving us. Being an off season time in February with no large crowds made it more wonderful for us. The restaurant food was excellent, service very prompt and the staff made sure my wife's dietary needs were met since she has food allergies. My wife had forgotten to pack a coat for me and so I went to the gift shop to see if they had something. They had hooded sweat tops which I chose one to buy. I had left my wallet in the room and the staff handled my purchase without me having to go back to the room for my wallet. The staff in the gift shop are Filipino and my wife is also. They became very close to my wife and made sure they invited back to stay with them again in the future and even call my wife the next day to make sure we enjoyed our stay there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wanted a place to stay in San Diego, CA even if it was for a short visit.
"revitalize here!!"
3 day 3 nights Great quiet accommodations, beautiful view, workout center, close to many attractions!
3 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Ralph H
"Location"
Beautiful grounds, confortable rooms. Lots of places to walk.
leda
"Desperately needs an upgrade"
we booked the suite rooms and we were really dissapointed to find the suite in such old and used conditions. We would not rate this as suites and the hotel really needs to invest into upgrading the rooms. Also, only one restaurant was open and that one was average.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Michel
"Not as expected"
The hotel was fine enough, the food, room, accomodations were less than desireable and our key cards continously quit working and we were locked out of the building multiple times throughout our stay.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
STAR
"Awesome"
My girlfriend and I went here for our 10 year. Best 4 night stay I have ever experienced at a hotel. Great staff, great amenities, and great location.
4 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"hyatt was disappointing"
it was a surprise for my grand daughter...she was ecstatic...i did not vocalize my disappointment, but there was hair in the bath tub that i had to rinse before my 12 year old grand daughter could use it. There was mold above the bathroom door. Furniture was chipped and dilapidated. This was not the quality i was expecting from a hyatt. The pool was fantastic. Room service was fantastic and the girls truly enjoyed it. we were supposed to be able to check in at 4 but when we were told at 3:30 that it would be another 30 minutes before our room was ready, it was not disappointing and we went to the pool and dove right in, but after swimming till 4:30 we decided it was time to check in and our room was still not ready! We waited in the lobby with several other disgruntled guests and finally at 5:30 we were allowed to go to our room. With the resort fee you would think the tv would be clear and watchable....the static was so bad the only thing the girls could do was pay for a movie. Really?
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Vee
"Fantastic."
Had a great time. Excellent facilities, terrific staff especially Marcus at the front desk! Perfect location if you're interested in being on the water and enjoying the Mission Bay beauty.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Neal
"Not what I thought"
Parking was too expensive to self park and the resort fee was ridiculous. Hot tub was too crowded with parents and their kids. There needs to be a a separate hot tub for kids. Garden room bed was toobsoft and when requested an upgrade, we were madebto feel like we were asking for something we didn't deserve.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great size suites!"
Stayed the suite, lots of room! Good size for the price and location! Only thing I had to complain about was the wifi not connecting and hotel parking. $29 a night but we parked on the street both nights because lot was full. Over all nice hotel, great location and clean rooms and nice staff!
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Celina
"Nice hotel not far from downtown"
We planned to go to San Diego for 3 days including President's Day, we booked Expedia "Unpublished Rate Hotels", this hotel was chosen and we were very happy. The overall experience with this hotel was good, we didn't have any big troubles, the room was pretty clean and nice, the staff was pleasant. Minus one star - parking, it costs $29 for self parking and $34 for valet. The price is extremely high and unfair, there is no such price even in San Francisco or San Diego downtown. We parked on the nearby street with the sing "No parking from 2am to 4am daily", people told they never saw the tickets there, so we took the risk and saved $90 during our 3 days stay. Minus one star - hotel and rooms condition, everything looks good, but very pretty old, looks like they never made a renovation. I believe the hotel on that rate should keep things up to date.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Oleg
"Beautiful view, lovely place"
Great conference, well organized staff support. Great food.
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Melissa G
"Weekend Getaway"
The staff was great and friendly. Loved the location. Right on the water and convenient to all the activities we had planned.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great location . 1 mile from the ocean"
Had a deck looking over the beautof hotel grounds and mission bay . Walked to Starbucks for coffee and watched bull dogs ride skateboards
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Decent property; not great."
I enjoyed my stay but I can't say it's relatively better than other Hyatt properties or other resort hotels. I can see paying a resort fee if you get something for it but I didn't see anything that would have been considered an amenity other than free Wi-Fi which is not exactly a huge differentiator anymore. For example, at other hotels you might have a newspaper outside your door, a robe, a microwave, a shuttle or something of added value. Nothing here, just an additional charge and the rooms are quite adequate but nothing special. Otherwise, it was just fine.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Be careful of Expedia unadvertised specials..."
The Hyatt is a lovely place- awesome location and pool! Rooms are varied though and if you are in BayTower 2 the rooms are dated. noisy and a bit yucky. Rooms are next to Pavillion for conferences- in a (tent) you can hear the applause, laughter and clinking of dishes from 630am until way after dark so be very careful if you get this hotel in a unadvertised - (don't show the hotel until after you commit-) you may end up w a 50 dollar room for $104- plus resort fees and parking.... ask where your room is and request one away from noisy conventioneers.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Bad experience with room and staff"
We arrived at the hotel and were told they were booked and there was no way to get a room. I then told them that according to Expedia there were rooms available, and was able to book through Expedia, so I did. What they did not tell us was that the room would be in the side building that was not nearly as well kept as the main building. There was also an event that kept us awake all night. We got moved to the main hotel the next day, but it had lost its luster by then.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Surprise Husband's Birthday Staycation!"
Staycation for my husbands birthday with a spa treatment. Very nice clean and modern. The hotels charges for valet though which is kind of a bummer ($34) considering you pay a good amount already.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Noel
"Great for the price"
The location was perfect! Was walking distance to mission bay and right next to boat rentals. The double queen bed suite was way bigger than expected.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Luis
"Hyatt Mission Bay"
Originally placed in a room above trash cans. Spoke to front desk and moved immediately to pool/bay view room. Very nice room, grounds. Only complaint is $28 parking fee to park in their lot and resort fee. Being that it was January, did not use hotel pool, jacuzzi etc. Pool is beautiful and would recommend to families with younger children. Three pools with slides and a jacuzzi
Other trip Jan 18, 2015