All hotels in Budapest, Hungary

4.8
"great hotel in the cinter of pest"
the hotel location was in the cinter , great decor and service highly advise to choose this hotel especially for elite pluse members
Other trip May 14, 2014
alsaud
"What a view"
We came early for a river cruise and wanted a hotel by where the boat was moored. This is a wonderful hotel in a great location with a very professional staff
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Close to transit and also close to must see sights
2 night trip with friends Apr 28, 2014
Perfect location for the first time in Zurich. If you get a room at the front or side of the hotel you will have the best view in Budapest looking over the chain link Bridge and towards Buda.
3 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"excellent location"
Very pleased with our stay at Sofitel. We were able to make the most of our time in Budapest and see as much as possible because of the location. The service was outstanding from your staff! Would definitely recommend this Hotel. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!
1 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2014
Patty
"Pleasant stay- 1 RM great view, other not so much"
Perfect for our first time there in Hungary. Client services were super. The hotel housekeeping was ok, but not excellent. Rm 305 large with King bed but view of Chain Bridge was blocked by the hotel in front. Rm 317 was small with queen bed but view was marvelous.
5 night family trip Apr 10, 2014
Donna M
Great location...Fabulous breakfast....comfy beds...very clean. We were very happy with our stay here.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Good location, nice room view, good staff, breakfast.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
alexander
"A pleasant stay, great views if in right room"
Room 315 was small with queen size bed but fabulous views. Room 305 was large with king size bed but 2/3 of the view was of the Intercontinental that sits in front of the Sofitel. The 1/3 of the Chain Bridge was lovely. Room service was not as perfect as it could be, not refilling amenities or providing requested towels when requested.Service in Paris restaurant bar was fabulous.
5 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Donna M
"Very nice hotel great location"
The location of the hotel was great close to many Budapest's highlits The staff was very helpfull, the room fearly big and clean, good breakfast free WiFi and nice buisness center. I would return to Sofitel for my next visit.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Anna
"Great location!"
Was upgraded to junior suite....pleasant surprise! Excellent room. Comfortable, spacious, luxurious shampoos, etc. more than polite and helpful staff. my only compliant is a groaning sound. I think it was the water tank being located above our room and made sporadic gurgling sounds.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Very good location. Close to all the attractions"
Was very disappointed at the end of my staying - they tried to charge me for the minibar which i didn't use. Be carefull. Didn't expect such unprofessional attitude from respective hotel chain.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Great Danube night views with the right room"
Very comfortable stay, solidly adequate on the inside of the hotel, but spectacular night time views over the Danube if your room faces it and is high enough. We had a sixth floor view angled up river a little--could've sipped Muscat and watched the river and castle lights all night. For us, it was worth taking a deluxe room. Also, the Expedia reservation is clearly less expensive than through the hotel, so if you want to add a night, add it through Expedia and not through the hotel itself.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"great location, disappointed restaurant"
Hotel is in great location, just next to main shopping and tourist area. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Tried attached to hotel restaurant for dinner, food disappointed. Good quality breakfast in hotel, but very expensive.
4 night trip Jan 12, 2014
"Great hotel in the perfect location"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the rooms were perfectly appointed. Great service all around, and the hotel was in the right part of town to where we could walk everywhere.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Sandra
"great all around"
I always enjoy my stay with at the hotel; love the beds, the free Internet and all amenities the hotel has to offer. I always have only one challenge with them, and that is that they do not have enough plugs for devices. When I go around the room I maybe find one, badly located plug, while other hotels have them right on the desk or built into the table lights by the beds. It’s always an inconvenience for all travelers, not to mention the tech-minded ones. That is my only beef with them, everything else is great. Looking forward staying there aging next year.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2013
Marianna
"Nothing but the best!"
The hotel was wonderful. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were nice, etc. I have no complaints. The staff was great. We needed a bath robe--this was delivered within 5 minutes of my call to the desk. My family used the sauna and pool--they loved it. The location is also convenient. It is a 10 minute stroll to the Parliament or to Vaci utca. This is what I expected from a five star hotel. The only negative thing I can say is that this is a 1980's hotel so the architecture is of that era. Otherwise, it was perfect.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Feher Jayne
"Not given what we booked on Expedia."
If you book with Expedia, they will give you a room with basically no view, even though you pay for a "city view". We were given a room on the 6th floor that had a very small window that I could not even see out of. After arriving at night from an international flight, we weren't too pleased. The bellman went down right away to complain for us and they gave us a nicer room with river view, but of course at a higher price than I could have booked it for on Expedia. The original staff behind the desk were not helpful, but upon checking out the manager tried to reduce the bill slightly. The room was very hot and since they only use duvets and not sheets, there was little way to get cool at night. A/C did not on. Opening the window was a bit noisy. The lighting in the room was horrible and in the bath, worse. No plugs for hair dryers near mirrors, so ladies if you need to use a more powerful blow dryer than the tiny ones that they provide (where you have to hold the on button on constantly) beware! The only good thing this hotel has is location. But for the price, there are other, better hotels there with better facilities and prices. The breakfast here was super expensive per person, so we didn't even bother.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
californiaheart
"rooms to hot and unable to cool"
Location is fine, but were unable to cool room to a sleeping temp. for this reason would not go back. Breakfast prices were a rip off.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Great Pick!"
friendly staff, great location, very comfortable bed and great shower!
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2013
Walter
"Central location close to Chain Bridge"
Attentive staff, good location, happy
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
ani
"Good Hotel - Great view of Chain Bridge"
My wife and I stayed at this hotel after a Viking River Cruise from Passau to Budapest. The hotel is just across from the Viking docks. The hotel is very good, nice rooms with very good internet connection. The restaurant in the hotel is also very good. We chose a room ( a little be more expensive) with a view of the Chain Bridge and the river. Definitely worth the extra money.
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2013
niagarariverfatman
"Great view and great staff"
This is the perfect location for seeing all of the beauty of Budapest. We also took advantage of the Spa, and were incredibly pleased.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Everything awesome!!!"
Great location, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, clean facilities and nice amenities.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Anne
"Great Stay - Amazing Room Views"
I stayed here at the tail end of a business trip through Eastern Europe. Staff was excellent - very accommodating & knowledgeable. I had a room with a view looking over the Danube directly at Budapest Castle with Chain Bridge - Stunning View. Room was a good size, attractive, modern & bathroom was modern & well appointed.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
Marty
the hotel was magnificent, clean, elegant with friendly staff. The view of the Chain Bridge, Palace, Mathias Cathedral (skyline on the other side of the Danube) was beautiful. Location to metro and public transportation was nearby 5 minute walk(Vorsmaty ter) easy to get around. Able to walk to a lot of sites once you oriented self. such as St. Stephens, Opera House, Parliament, near river cruise ships for hourly tours on Danube river. I have recommended and will continue to recommend this Sofitel hotel to family and friends who will be going to Budapest. Stay here if you can.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
roger
"At the end of Chain Bridge"
The hotel location and accommodations were great, the front desk staff, not so much. They were not friendly or helpful in the least with 3 different people/interactions. The bellman were very helpful and did a great job.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
Tom P.
"great location...."
just great!
3 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2013
neng
"great location and beautiful rooms"
Hotel is beautiful. Staff is friendly. Paris Budapest Bar is nice. Location is great - hotel is right on the water and within walking distance of chain bridge.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Sofitel Great Location"
The hotel was perfectly located; close to the famous Chain Bridge, Old Town, Castle, Parliament building and walking distance to the Rudas and Gellert spas. The "classic" room was a bit tired; big bleached stain in the rug, and the one side of the queen size bed was so overly slept on that it sunk on that side. My husband tolerated the shoddy mattress but next time I would insist on having the room changed.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
I was very disappointed in this property. I have stayed in Sofitel's all over the world & this one did not compare. We had no wash cloths or hand cream and no room clock. There was only two plug which were hard to find as they were covered by the curtain.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Roth
"Sofitel in Budapest"
Excellent!
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Cameron
"Close to all sights."
We loved the hotel. The location was perfect and our view was amazing. The hotel upgraded us to a suite which was incredible. The only negative was the concierge desk kept suggesting touristy things when we asked for different things to do. The never told us about the baths which Budapest is known for worldwide, the didn't mention the tiny market which was interesting. We found out about those from other tourists. Other than that the hotel was wonderful.
3 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Debbie
"Excellent views"
My overall experience at the hotel was nice. We had a view of the Danube River and the castle. The lights on the buildings were so beautiful that I left the curtains opened at night. The restaurant was great and so was the bar area. The one mistake I made was not including the breakfast buffet in our reservation. I highly recommend that you do that. The selection of foods was great. My only negative comment is the room service. Our room was never really cleaned. We had to request clean face cloths and soap every other day. I also do not like feather pillows (they are too hot) or soft mattresses filled with down. The carpet was worn and you can see were they spot cleaned it. Otherwise, everything else was fine.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Lynne
"Great location and wonderful place to stay"
This was our ( husband and I) first stay at a Sofital hotel and will use them in our future travel. The place is beautiful, great location, staff is friendly and helpful and the dinner we had there was wonderful. You don't get any better.
3 night family trip Sep 23, 2013
Bonnie and Jim
the view was not good. I requested a good view, highup. they gave me the top floor but absolutely no view--a roof. the confirmation said city view. when I asked they said I should have requested bridge and water view. I had never been bwefore and did not realize but I did request good view. theywould not change our room unless we paid over $100 extra. next time, i might choose intercontinental because all rooms have good views.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"A hotel fall short of expectation"
It is a luxury hotel but fall short of expectation. Hotel staffs are friendly, but the room i stayed seem like a 2-3 star hotel room :( No decoration and the room is out dated, looedk like those at least 10-15 years behind. It is Sofitel, and i expected more. I stayed in my Sofitel before, this is the worse one. The hotel lobby was impressive but once you enter into the room, i felt like i was deceived by the pretty picture it was advertise on the website :( That's a huge discount for hotel claimed "Luxury". The bed was comfortable thought. But I wouldn't pay 27 Euro for buffet breakfast if I knew that's the kind of food I was getting.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"perfection"
The breakfast foods, as well as the evening meals: perfect... and the ambience as well. The front desk, as well as the concierge, were more than helpful at all times. The location made walking so very easy. Telling us about the blues club was a special extra. Thanks to all.
3 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2013
"Excellent Location"
Excellent. I had one problem with the mattress I slept on. It was soft and sagging in the middle. The guest service dept. and house keeping made a commendable attempt to address the issue by placing a plywood board between the mattress and the box spring. It probably did not make any difference, as the mattress itself was soft and sagging. However, it was psychologically placating. Credit to the house keeping. The restaurant ' Paris Budapest ' has an excellent service and food. All other services are very good.
5 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
Vijay
"Beautiful Views of a Beautiful City!"
I was extremely, extremely pleased with the rate I got for this fantastic 5 star hotel with stunning views of the Danube, Chain Bridge and sights across the river in the Buda Hills (i.e. Fisherman's Bastion, St. Mathias Church, Houses of Parliament, etc.). The service from check-in to check-out was superlative and the food was amazing (truly the BEST croissants in Budapest). Every service person I dealt with was fluent in English, courteous, knowledgeable and totally accomodating. My 3 days in Budapest at the Sofitel was the highlight of my vacation.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2013
Teresa
"Great Location to take in the sights of Budapest"
We had an issue with our reservation. We had reconfirmed directly with the hotel's reservation desk several days before our arrival. When we checked in, it appeared we were holding two identical reservations, one made and prepaid through Hotels.com, the other guaranteed to our American Express card. Obviously there was a mix up and we expected this would have been brought to our attention when we reconfirmed our reservations. The hotel accepted no responsibility and was insistent on charging us a one night cancellation penalty. It took an hour and several calls to American Express Platinum Travel Services to cancel out the second reservation without charge to our credit card. The hotel's front desk was neither empowered nor particularly helpful in resolving this situation. This is the reason for rating them not satisfied on the quality of service. Having said that, the service on the Concierge Level was excellent and the remainder of our stay very enjoyable.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Richard and Susan B.
"perfect vacation for everyone"
the hotel is very modern, but the rooms have that all scool class, and the perfect view of the palace, the bridges, the danubio river, is too much, and the breakfast, it was perfect, is a beatifullk hotel in one of the must beatifull cityes in the world
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Luciano
Outstanding location, service and comfort of hotel. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but their breakfast is way overpriced.
5 night trip Aug 19, 2013
bill
"A room with a view"
We had a room with a view of the Chain Bridge where we watched the sunrise, the sunset, and everything in between. Close to everything, easy walk to Buda, close to the metro, amazing cafes, restaurants, museums, parks, concerts. Wonderful experience overall.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
KSW
"Great location and views"
Very nice, recommended
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"nice hotel"
We enjoyed our stay very much. However the room smelled of old cigarettes. I did stay in a hotel in Salzburg where there was a notice that if there was evidence of smoking in the room (even smells) there would be a 200 Euro additional charge for cleaning. I think this is a great idea! Other than that, we really liked our room. The view was GREAT!!!!
2 night trip Aug 10, 2013
T
"Perfect hotel"
We loved our recent stay at Hotel Sofitel! It was in the perfect location to see any site in the city. The staff was incredibly helpful and had a special treat in our room for my husband's birthday & our anniversary. Most of in, during the terrible heat wave, the air conditioning worked very well and the pool was heavenly at the end of the day! We would return in a second! Thanks to the staff for a wonderful holiday!
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Michael & Jane
"Very nice hotel close to the river and shopping!"
We loved how safe we felt walking around our hotel in the evening. We were able to see the sights right across the street and visit the busy shopping area a block away. The only thing I didn't like was the little windows with no view from our hotel room, but that forced us to get outside and experience the real Budapest!
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
judy
"Clse to all must-see sights; EXCELENT SERVICE"
Excelent location; luxury romos with an espectacular view of the Blue Danube river. Great breakfast Buffet and restaurant food. Impressed with the EXCELENT service of this hotel. My lugagge was broken and they did all the tramits with the airline and I got a new one!
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Fabulous Location, on the Danube. Wonderful View"
This is the second time we stayed at the Sofitel, once many years ago when the property was a Hyatt. Get a River or north-facing room. Pay a modest amount extra for this and you will be rewarded with one of the best City views anywhere, especially at night. Front desk staff are uniformly excellent, and the overall comfort of the place is outstanding, all at what I think, for a major city, is a very reasonable price-tag.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013