All hotels in Oak Brook, Illinois, United States of America
1909 Spring Rd, Oak Brook, IL, 60523, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Unhappy With Rooms"
I was disappointed in our rooms. I reserved 3 rooms with double beds. The rooms were small and old. The bathroom had mold around the bathtub, cracked sealer, toilet wobbled, cracked sealer around the whole bathroom. I paid $150.00 for each of these rooms, way over priced for we got. I think I deserve a reimbursement for the condition our room was in. We took these three rooms because the 3 rooms that were reserved for us was not ready for us. We tried to check in early but the rooms were not ready. We came back way after 3:00pm and they were not ready yet. They said it would be another 45 minutes. I said we would take other rooms so they gave us different rooms. Our rooms should have been ready and then we got old rooms that needed to be remodeled. I feel like I deserve a reimbursement.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Pat
"Peaceful Haven"
After a grueling 16 hour drive, all I can say to the Double Tree Oak Park, IL staff is THANK YOU. They made me feel as welcome as if I were their favorite wealthy auntie. While the rooms might not be the latest in décor, it was quiet, clean, comfortable, well maintained, and an absolute respite. The amenities the hotel offered were top notch. Everything a traveler may need was available on site. The only 2 amenities that would benefit the rooms would be a mini-fridge and a microwave. My 3 favorite amenities were warm cookies upon arrival, the covered parking, and easy access to highways.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"comfortable stay"
I would recommend this hotel to others.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Good value for money"
We opted for this hotel because it was deeply discounted during the holidays--and we were not disappointed. It's basically a business and conference center, right next to Oak Brook shopping options, and so it feels a little anonymous. But it was pretty well maintained, the pool and whirlpool and gym are nice, and the staff were just fine. Overall, a good decision to stay there at the discounted price point.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
very nice hotel and was close to the residence I was visiting
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Most honest hotel in the business"
The level of honesty and professionalism at this hotel is outstanding! My fiancee accidentally left her invaluable diamond ear rings, which were an heirloom from her grandmother, in the room. We called in hopes someone would have found them and turned them in, but to no avail. Feeling heartbroken and disconsolate, my fiancee received a call from the hotel manager the next day with news the ear rings had been turned in! It's wonderful knowing we made the right choice to stay at a hotel with such honest and caring staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Tyler
"Happy Anniversary"
Our hotel room suited our needs as we were only in there to sleep. Came back in the evening and finished up in the Fox and the Hound restaurant/lounge. The staff was attentive and friendly. Appreciated that check out was at noon, so we did not have to hurry the next morning. We were too late for breakfast, but had a satisfying lunch in the Atrium Cafe. This was our second stay and I would stay there again as the price was right compared to the other hotels and for what we needed.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Kris
"DT Review"
Hotel lobby is beautiful almost vintage. Hotel rooms need to be updated.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Victor
"Lots of great restaurant near by"
Very nice hotel with the mall across the street and great restaurants near by
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Herb
"Black Friday"
I am in retail management and stayed in this hotel thanksgiving night into Friday to visit stores on Thursday and Friday. While I wasn't here long it was such a pleasent stay. Always impressed with doubletree!
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2014
Alexander
"Good hotel"
Nice hotel with free parking. The hotel is about 30min drivig from downtown Chicago. I like the picture about history of Chicago around the hotel and in my room. For those who never stay with double tree, they always serve warm cookies when you check in.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Amos
"Chicago Trip"
The hotel room was very small. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. It has very few selections that it more like a cheap motel's free breakfast except this breakfast is not free. They should make serious improvement on this issue. Also there were lots of high school student staying there which made the place very noisy and we have to wait a long time to get in the elevator.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Simon
"No complaints"
Very reasonable, clean, and convenient.
1 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
Deanna
"Great value, good location."
Great location for a shopping weekend at Oakbrook and the western suburbs. Friendly staff and a bright, spacious room. Free parking garage is a real bonus. And the cost was half what we would have spent for a comparable room downtown.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"quick weekend get away"
enjoyed our stay; close to shops and restaurants
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Fun trip!"
Nice hotel and great service!
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"amazing staff"
I had fifteen minutes to get to the post office to have a report go out for overnight delivery. The cab I had called for was late and not showing up. One of the shuttle drivers ended up offering me a ride and got me there with time to spare. I will continue to recommend this place whenever I can.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Amazing Hotel"
I stayed here for 4 nights for a conference. The hotel is amazing and has so many options. Close to the mall and wonderful restaurants. I would stay here again.
4 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
MOLLY
"LES AMIES MEETING"
IT WAS WONDERFUL
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Zandra
"Just ok"
For a Hilton - this was nothing impressive. The mattress was not good - with a big dip in the middle. The pillows were small, square pillows-the size of a throw pillow. There was a crack in the bathroom granite the entire length of the vanity. The picture on the wall had been dropped (or something) and was chipped and put back up. The leather desk chair was completely worn out-as if someone had used it for 20 years. (leather rubbing off) The staff was nice and the cookies were good.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Holly
The room was great, the location was great, all of the staff was very polite and very helpful. The only small problem I had was with the balcony it has many of spiders and webs all over but it wasn't too big of a deal because I was only staying for one night. I would come back in the future.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Kadi
The walking location to Oakbrook and the many bars and restraunts is great
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great 3 Day stay!!"
Great Hotel for the price. They were very accommodating. Perfect location.
3 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Deshon White
"location location location"
For the price it served it's purpose well. Comfy beds, clean room, good breakfast, and good service. But, if you plan to use this hotel as your launch pad to downtown Chicago early in the morning... don't! Fortunately if you can wait until after 830, as the girl at the front desk pointed out, traffic does get better and using Google maps helps.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Clean but outdated"
Nice place, friendly staff, clean room. Room (honors floor) need updating, bathroom fixtures loose, no fan in bathroom (major steam issue)
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Jan
"worked well"
We needed a night before switching hotels for work and this location worked well.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
I had a great stay at this hotel, facilities are great! It has a great garage for your car. Nice swimming pool and excellent view. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the Chicago loop and located in a very nice area. I would stay again next time when visiting the area
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
RSALZR13
"Great Experience"
The stay overall was great. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the accommodations were nice. I ordered room service for the baby and they accidentally missed delivering it to our room. I called back down to room service after about 30-45 minutes and they apologized, quickly delivered a freshly warmed bagel and waived the fee for their mistake. Mistakes happen but they took responsibility and did the right things to make sure we were taken care of and you cannot beat customer service like that. The hotel and our room was very clean and comfortable and the temperature control settings were wonderful. They even had a pack-and-play in our room for the baby, which made it VERY convenient for our family. I would stay here again if we visit the area in the future.
3 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
"Chicago"
I was very pleased with the location, price, and the size of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Service"
Awesome!!
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Terry Howell
"I checked in less than a minute early"
I ask if it was to early to check in its 2.59 pm and they said no it's not to early. So I stay there and them look at my credit card and they charged me 30.00 for checking in early. What the hell they are scammers stay clear of doubletree in Chicago.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Peaceful !!"
Ok room 6 floor, we don't recommend the breakfast, expensive and terrible food and service, the receptionist was very friendly and helpfull (Monet) and the driver of the shuther Mr Makenzy was very nice and helpfull on directions and options to visit thank you very much !!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Pat & Conchy
"Near Oakbrook mall"
I was not very happy at all. The location was great. The tub was not clean. There was no microwave. The closet had no hanging rack for the ironing board. You only get two face towels with the room.I travel to Chicago frequently ( x2 per month). I usually stay elsewhere but, thought I would give this hotel a try since it was near the mall. Well, I'm going back to my old hotel which is leaps and bounds better, theygive breakfast and it's cheaper.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Andrea
"Disappointing Doubletree"
Bathrooms need maintenance. Paint peeling from ceiling, vanity wood warped and needs polish. Not up to doubletree standards. Front desk girl would have been better suited in a gift shop or gas station, totally lacked common sense and customer service skills
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
"Great stay and value in Chicago"
We were worried when we first arrived what our pre-booked hotel in Chicago was going to look like. Upon arrival we we're very impressed. In a nicer neighborhood, right outside of Chicago, a direct shot from the highway to downtown, we received excellent customer service and felt very welcome during our stay. The room was very clean when we arrived and received excellent room service through the remainder of our stay. The price of the hotel was very inexpensive (compared to many other we have stayed in on the fly) and overall was a very pleasurable stay. The only reason why I did not give this stay the highest rating is our room did look a little "aged", NOT to be mistaken with dirty. A few quick and minor fixes then this would be a perfect stay for a Chicago visit.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
brandon
"Great Stay @ the Double Tree"
Wonderful stay and a great experience for future stay.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Terry
"United forced me to spend the night"
I was bumped off my United flight. They said all the Chicago hotels were booked b/c of conferences. Well, DoubleTree was very accommodating. Great staff and service. Downside was shower drained slowly and toilet needed an extra jiggle....very minor things with everything else happening
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Satisifed"
Overall a nice hotel with great shops and restaurants nearby. It would be hard to find something not to like about staying here. I did not eat on the premise, but as far as the hotel accommodations, you can't go wrong.
3 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Lawrence
"Needs updating"
Everything was as before; we've stayed for at least 6 times; the hotel is really looking "rundown" in the rooms, especially. Paint peeling-off in shower/tub; tile and wood looking stained. Room was clean, overall; personnel very nice and interested to hear about "repairs needed." Parking is a very big "plus" here.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
"LOW Water Pressure - Rooms & Garage Need Updating"
We were not satisfied with the bathroom. The water pressure was too low. When speaking with the "Care Line" (Front Desk), we were told that no one complained about the water pressure in the bathroom. However, when riding the elevator, another family mentioned that the pressure was low in their room also. The faucet had old crystal ball knobs and dated sink area. The shower knobs were dated and the temperature was a challenge to adjust to. The chair at the desk should have been wiped free of stains. The parking garage has minimal signage showing you where to enter, and you have to catch a different elevator (on certain levels within the parking garage) to enter the hotel. This garage did not seem safe at night. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator / microwave, but the information indicated a charge for each per night.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Clean room, however did not request handicap room and was placed in one. Shower water pressure was weak.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Overall it was great experience. For some reason I had free breakfast included in the hotel package and when I checked in into hotel and they said yes it's included in my package and next morning other lady tells me no it wasn't included so I think they messed up my reservation beside that it's a great hotel to stay in and cleaners they do a great job to clean the rooms
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Nice place to stay. Could use some upgrades."
We just needed to unwind some place nice but yet affordable. The Doubletree was just that place.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Cee
Very nice - liked the "executive room" option - very quiet! Would stay again!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
M. Miller
"Close to family and easy access to major highway"
We were in town over night for a party at my daughter's who lives close. We have stayed there in the past and have always been very pleased. Staff was great at check in. One of the members of our group had water on the carpet in their room. Maintenance came immediately to access the problem. Offered them another room. Great buffet the next morning. Again the staff was excellent. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Deb
"Very nice hotel. Close to Chicago"
Very clean comfortable rooms and they welcomed my family with warm delicious cookies :)
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Nice and quiet"
We were in town for a wedding and wanted closed access to a mall and restaurants and we got it. The hotel itself was wonderful and it's proximity to everything including highways was perfect.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2014
nflgirl2
"Family Stay"
Family with 2 kids. Met our needs. Lots of places to eat around or go to the restaurant/bar. They have a pool and morning newspapers. Not far from the closest train station to go downtown.
4 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Cathy
"Nice Location"
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
The hotel is located across the street from a great outdoor mall that's wonderful for shopping or walking. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating which makes up for some of the drawbacks in the rooms. Hilton just bought the property and is continuing to make upgrades, though. Eat at the mall whenever you can, the food at the hotel is way too salty!
6 night business trip Aug 2, 2014