All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Clean
    Breakfast is average
"very nice"
hotels was nice and clean staff was very friendly the pool was warm and clean but the hot tub needs lots of work
3 night trip Jun 1, 2015
sleep inn
"Good location for price"
Saw not so great reviews, so was not expecting much. It was much better than my expectations. Everything you would expect from a mid-level motel, except no fridge in the room or tub in the bathroom (only shower). Clean, plenty of room, decent breakfast. We were part of three couples who all booked in different ways and all got different rates, so check your options.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Good hotel, but staff need to smile more"
Nice hotel overall. The staff hardly smile to you but they did their jobs very well. I have read some reviewers view this as rude, but I think it probably is their personality style. If you just want to get check in, get good service in a clean, peaceful environment without much show of teeth by the people providing you service, and at a reasonable price, this is the place for you. I don't mind that at all. My only complaint is the vent in our bathroom did not work. There were a few black mold in there. I will probably stay here again.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Great hotel for Cedar Point at the price"
About 10 minutes from the park, with decent breakfast.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Jay
Cool simple place to stay. No complaints. Clean bathroom door slides which caught me off guard. Breakfast=waffle machine, yogurt, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. I'd stay again. That is all.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Great for Cedar Point"
Stayed here for one night after visiting cedar point. The hotel was going through some remodeling but you couldn't tell. Management did a great job keeping guests away from the areas that were under construction. Room was very clean!
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Ethan
"Decent room. Clean"
Kids enjoyed the pool. The staff weren't too friendly, but they were attentive to anything we requested. Beds are small and not too comfy. Clean rooms
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Good Deal and fresh apperance."
rooms are cozy, décor was very nice. Night check in Gentleman, Mr. Bob was pleasant to work with.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Recently renovated"
Check-in was a little slow and the continental breakfast wasn't anything special, but the room was recently renovated and nice. For the rate all you can ask for is a clean, modern, updated room. Our room fit all of these criteria. It seems most of the hotels in the area aren't very nice. This one definitely felt like the best option given its recent renovation.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Surprising"
My daughter had a gymnastics meet at the Convention Center and we were just trying to find an affordable place nearby to spend the night. I would stay there again. The room was comfortable and had a modern look. The TV was new. The bathroom had a stopper issue with the toilet but otherwise was fine. The temperature of the room was good. We slept well. Also took advantage of the pool and hot tub. And the location was excellent. Just up the road from Kalahari and near all the restaurants that we had an interest in.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Smelled like smoke"
The entire floor smelled of cigarette smoke. The beds are too small. The toilet "rocked" on its base. The breakfast was ok, but everything was empty. The shower had no where to set anything except the floor. It needs a remodel...... immediately!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
jaada
"Close and familiar"
I narrowed my search for nearby hotels with a hottub and was disappointed to find out that it was out of service after I had booked the room. Was really counting on relaxing in the hottub after a long day but, other than that it was just OK.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"ok"
Room was ok, room was clean, carpet had a few stains. Room was dated and I believe the room was a little over priced. With that being said I might or might not go back to this Hotel.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Del
"Not extravagant but suited our needs!"
Overall hotel was nice! Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall cleanliness of hotel was ok. Room carpet had some stains and shower had a little bit of mold. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels and sausage. Nothing extravagant but enough to fill your belly! The dining attendant Rochelle was SUPERB! Everything was well stocked and clean! We would definitely stay here again!
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Debi
"Very Average, but convenient for Cedar Point"
The hotel is very close to cedar point so it was an ideal choice. The continental breakfast was very good. The room was clean. My main issue was with the "front desk manager." She wasn't the friendliest of people.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Near Cedar Point"
A pretty decent hotel located a short drive from Cedar Point. Facilities weren't bad but needing some touching up or light renovations to spruce things up. Room was good sized and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small and had a sliding pocket door that was a bit of a challenge to use. I dont know if all rooms are set up this way but if you have children or disabilities, this may become an issue. Ive never seen a hotel with such a thing. The pool and hot tub areas were decent but not the best. Everything was clean and functional but its just starting to look a bit tired. The big bonus was that the pool area was open until 1PM, giving us time to enjoy it after leaving the closing of Cedar Point. The hotel is located in a clean safe area and overall I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Garrett
"Over-priced and noisy"
The hotel was nice and we have stayed here before, but it is over priced for it's condition. I stay at a lot of hotels throughout the year and usually for the price we paid, which was $130 per night, we usually find 4 star hotels less than that. Also, there was a lot of noise due to uncontrolled kids playing in the halls and slamming doors all morning. On a good note, this hotel offers continental breakfast, which was pretty good, and has indoor swimming.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Robert Anderson
"Hotels condition"
The hotel was the only one around that had an indoor pool and wasn't 300 dollars a night. Pool wasn't bad, but the room was small and had a moldy smell throughout the hotel. Free breakfast was the normal and everything else was fine
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Would not recommend this hotel! Staff was unfriendly and were rarely at the front desk. Had to ring a bell to get service. Rooms were not clean. Stains on the carpet. Paid way too much for this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Barb
"Hotel near cedar point"
We had 4 adults so I wish I would have gotten Queen size beds. The room was clean - nothing fancy but everything worked. The beds were comfortable. Hallways smelled like smoke but our room was fine. The breakfast was plentiful except the juice machine didn't work.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Decent place to stay"
Brought my youth group to Cedar Point - booked here because it was close and affordable. Overall it was an okay experience. One negative was the cost to use one of their conference rooms - manager was difficult to work with & the cost was way too high. Other than that, everything else was fine. Wireless internet was spotty for me ... but it could be because I was in one of the outlying rooms.
2 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2014
MP
"Nice clean place to stay"
Great for a cheaper, but clean place to sleep. Room was in great condition and breakfast was the best free breakfast I've ever had; plenty of options, including sausage! Perfect for Cedar Point roadtrips.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
"Close to Cedar Point"
Lobby was nice. Parking was awful unless you were lucky and got there early and didn't leave otherwise you had to park at the back of the hotel in a separate lot which did not look safe at all. Breakfast was okay to be included in price of room with muffins, bagels, yogurt and such. Double beds were not big enough nor comfortable. When we got to our room it smelled as if they poured bleach everywhere to make the room smell as if it was thoroughly cleaned, however all this discussion was burn our eyes and take our breath. We had to turn on the fan/air conditioner and leave for awhile to air out. Floor appeared not vacuumed. Overall for the price it was okay.....could have been better, but could have been worse.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Mom
"Great Deal"
The hotel was comfortable and clean for the price. The breakfast was average but the pool is open until 1 am which was fun.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Good for Cedar Point goers"
For a much better bargain than other places in Sandusky, the hotel was very decent. At check-in, I was somewhat displeased about how the man at the front desk didn't even bother to put his phone down, and basically refused to let me pay in cash, saying that he would rather charge the card we had used to book the room. The beds were comfortable and clean, we weren't bothered when we used the room for rest, and the air conditioner did a satisfactory job. There wasn't enough toiletries for four people, we had to go buy toilet paper, but we brought our own shampoo. The breakfast wasn't a huge variety, but I did personally enjoy the waffles. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Danielle
"Close to shopping, convenient"
The hotel was very nice and clean. Unfortunately, I had a problem with not getting any hot water in the shower. We left for the day and returned 8 hours later and still no hot water. I did not have a message in the room or on the phone. I went down to the front desk and did give me another room. I was happy with that, but not happy about having to move all of our stuff a few doors down. They did provide a credit for the inconvenience. The fitness room was being worked on during my stay. All in all, I was happy with the hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
Was great except double beds are too small and whole hotel smelled like smoke.
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"Smoke smell filtered into room"
The hotel & room were what we expected--clean and comfortable. Our non-smoking room, however, must have been next to or under a smoking room. The smell of cigarettes was most obvious in the bathroom---not a great thing in an enclosed space. The desk clerk was notified upon our departure, and she apologized and made a note of our complaint. Nothing anyone can do until the venting system is checked out or the hotel is made totally non-smoking. The continental breakfast was fine--always love the waffles!
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Jean
"convenient location and good conditions"
Hotel was clean. Rooms and beds a bit small but it worked. Breakfast was good and kept stocked. Very close to Kalahari resort and about 6 miles from Cedar Point. Good location. Tons of restaurants and shopping. Would stay here again next year when we come for dance convention at Kalahari again.
4 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Less accommodations, more price"
No refrigerator, microwave or closet. No tub. It was clean. Should have been more for the money.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Wasn't impressed with the Sleep Inn"
For our two night stay, we were given a tiny room on third floor, with two doubles, by the stairs. So it was either go thru lobby to use elevator and walk through entire wing or walk up 3 floors to get to our room, which was right by stairs (corner room). The lobby was nicely renovated and looked fresh as did the corridors with new carpeting. Our room a partially renovated tiny room with two doubles. We weren't overly excited to be staying there for two nights, bathroom was small with a difficult to open/close door, sink area was small, no couch, no fridge, and no microwave. I didn't really sleep well and the pillows were too big/bulky. The flat screen TV was nice, but everything else was just mediocre. We were in room 300 and the headboard on one of the beds is hanging on to wall by a thread. Carpeting seemed new but rest of furniture was old. The water pressure was terrible as well. The pool area was nice, hot tub small but effective, and pool also small but better than nothing. Fitness center was closed for "renovations". The entrance on right of building near Applebees was never locked, so we felt uncomfortable that anyone can enter building at any time. Went to breakfast both mornings and it was also just average. The breakfast area is small with limited seating. Biggest gripes was the no fridge/microwave and tiny room. I was happy that Sleep Inn was only 10 mins from Cedar Point which was nice! This Sleep Inn is relatively renovated but wasn't anything special.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Mike M
Nice hotel for the price.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Our Stay @ Sleep Inn, Sandusky, OH"
The hotel was easy to find, it was nice that there is an Apple Bees located in front of the hotel, we were immediately taken care of, our room was clean. The appearance was good, when we first walked in the hotel smelled clean. Great breakfast food, to. REally got what we paid for and we were very pleased.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"It was nice and clean...and staff are nice."
It was nice and I like how Applebee's was right behind it...clean was important to me and nice ppl..
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
I'm from merto
"pleasant surprise"
I thought the hotel was great, especially given the low cost. The pool was a decent size and was a great temp (unlike most that are freezing) The hot tub is a bit on the small size, but it was better than none! The beds were comfy, but they are only doubles, so be aware if planning two to a bed, and the pillows are the fluffy kind that sink when he lay on them. There was even a great variety of tv channels. Breakfast had a large variety of cereal, breads, fruit, cold items such as yogurt and hardboiled eggs, and a couple hot items (waffles/sausage). Yes, there were some minor flaws, such as a chip in the sink or some poor trim work in the stairwell, but the place was clean and comfortable! This is the perfect hotel for the area considering most are looking for a place to rest their head while visiting Cedar Point. Also great if looking for weekend getaway to relax and shop. Our room had only a shower, so if this is important to you, be sure to request accordingly.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Dawn
"Everything within a short drive"
My Family and I really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our main trip was to spend a day at Kalhari Water park, and it was just down the road. There was a mall, movie theater, restaurants so close to our hotel. I would go back and stay there again.
3 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Roel
"Quite nice for the price!"
When my daughter and I opened the door to our room (a standard double) I was immediately impressed at the size. Most budget hotels are packed so tightly there's barely room to move, but the space was comfortable and there was probably a good 12-18 inches more space at the foot of the bed between the beds and the dresser than one usually finds in a hotel of this price range. We didn't have much of a view, overlooking the parking and into the back end of a restaurant, but inside the room itself was lovely and clean. My daughter used the pool, and though it was relatively small, it was also nice and well-kept. Honestly, an indoor pool at all was a nice amenity at the price anyway. There was a hot tub too. It's tiny, but it was there. Breakfast was included, but it wasn't terribly impressive. There were too many people scrambling around in too small a space. The toaster didn't work correctly so the bagels and English muffins were barely warmed - forget toasted. The only eggs were refrigerated hard-boiled eggs and the one meat option - sausage patties - was pale and unappetizing looking, so we didn't try it. There were make-your-own waffles, which might have been decent if we weren't fighting the crowd to make one at a time. All in all though, it was a really nice stay.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Rachel
Very nice front desk staff, hotel lobby, pool, paint colors, and location. However, room was very small and beds very worn out, and very limited breakfast. Also, the common smell of natural gas / sulfur in Sandusky, OH filled the lobby, halls, and rooms of this hotel to the point of being nauseating.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2014
"Nice hotel for the price"
Stayed 2 nights, for trip to Cedar Point. Great location, with Walmart and Meijer right across the street and Applebees right in parking lot. Not to mention many fast food places. Really like that the pool area was open until 1am. Breakfast was decent, offers eggs BUT they are hard boiled, really would've liked different eggs. Staff was great, and friendly :)
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Family of 4
"Fair, but being remodeled."
Looking for cheap hotel near Cedar Point. Good price, and had a good night stay when spending most of the day at the park. Room we had was in run down condition, but it looks like they are doing remodeling. Maybe the rooms will be better in the near future. Despite the disrepair, the room was comfortable and could not complain in that respect. Good breakfast and convenient.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"fairly clean room gets the job done for the money"
was an average room...slightly small good price for the location clean enough good breakfast for the money...."make your own waffles" were really good. no bath tub in our room overall.....not a bad hotel for the money.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Cathie
"Not Far From Cedar Point"
We stayed here for two nights. We came down from Michigan to go to Cedar Point for the day. The hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was as expected--mostly cold items with a few hot items. I had zero complaints. The pool/hot tub are open late and the gym is open 24 hrs. For the price, I was satisfied. If you want more, pay more.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Rachie
"close to shopping and many resataurants"
there for revolution triathlon; excellent accommodation easily accessible good parking would have benefitted from privacy curtains esp as near main road.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Nice and comfortable stay.. We stayed for one night. it is comfortable and recommendable.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Can't complain..."
Rooms clean, beds clean, air nice and cool, breakfast amazing. Attending hostess at breakfast awesome. Pool nice only thing I think.that.could be improved upon is carpet cleanliness. Within. 5 min. From Cedar Point, tons of restaurants and stores all around close by.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Access to everything!"
The hotel was convenient to everything including restaurants to amusement parks. The hotel pool area was clean and well organized. We had a quiet nights sleep and the continental breakfast was very well supplied with a knowledgeable staff.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"Horrible room"
The bathroom was missing a doorknob. The room wasn't very clean and the room was much smaller thab I anticipated. It could have been worse but I was not happy with it.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"Close to Cedar Point"
This Hotel was very nice. The pool and hot tub was clean. The only improvement I would like to recommend is the breakfast foods. Needs more variety of hot foods, such as bacon, ham, and eggs. The coffee was horrible, tasted like instant coffee...
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Nice, great location close to cedar point.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
trudi
"ok for cedar point"
ok for a night or two for saving a few bucks would stay again.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013