All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
363 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Good hotel very conenient to airport"
We were only there one evening, but it is in a great location to the airpoirt, a large shopping mall and other shopping and food establishments. The hotel itself was nice - have been in better and have been in far worse. Parking was plentiful and convenient.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"musty moldy smell"
the rooms are in need of a good cleaning. the room was smelled of mold and my husband had a reaction to the smell. we could not figure out where it was coming from. The food is good and the staff is nice.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
mwf
"close to downtown and highways"
just in/out of town for required overnight stay, it was fine. Hotel was clean and quiet.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Pretty good but expected more"
Staff were very friendly, kind and helpful; room was clean and QUIET, but for price we paid for 2 beds - there should have been Queen size beds not the Full size mattresses that make it hard for two normal sized adults to sleep in the same bed. Beds were pretty comfortable but woke up with a stiff back both mornings. Also, shower head had lots of hard water stains, and was almost level to my face and I'm only 5'8"!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
SamiD
"Love the cookies"
Room was clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent, friendly and accommodating.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Tom B
"Good Accommodations"
The hotel is well located and is clean and well maintained. My stay was enjoyable.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
John Orr
Had some trouble with air conditioner and someone was sent to the room to fix it very fast!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Pet friendly"
And they truly mean it. I have stayed at 2 other hotels in the area that claim they are pet friendly. One really wasn't friendly at all. the other just wasn't very clean. This hotel while it needs updating in the rooms, the lobby and restaurant area are nice. It's located right across from the Mall. There are many restaurants within walking distance although they are all chain restaurants. there is a local brew pub about a mile south of the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
"Just outside Portland"
This hotel was just 10 mins from the main part of Portland and the price was great! Hotel staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean but on the smaller size. If your looking for a great view you will only see a strip mall but for the price it's great.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
junebug
"Way too over priced!!"
The hotel was OK but the price was high for the location and the shape of the hotel is in. Pictures are very deceiving.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
"Great Hotel."
It met our expectations.not bad for the price. Would stay again. Staff Was Great And We Met Julio who worked as room service and he was friendly and helpful as well.
Other trip May 28, 2014
J.V
"Nice Stay"
Enjoyed a short workout at the spacious gym, a swim in the heated pool, and a pleasant nights sleep in a clean room with comfy king bed. Only complaint was that the walls were very thin and I could hear the other guests as well as the ice machine that was way down the hall. The bathroom was clearly updated, but the attention to detail was lacking (rust stains not covered all the way by the new paint, incomplete caulking, etc. - overall very minor but noticeable).
Other trip May 27, 2014
JMB
"Old Gray Lady"
This is a fine business hotel. It shows its age and is in desperate need of a face lift. But the beds are comfortable. The location is great as you have Starbucks and Chipotle within 100 yards. The lounge area is nice and big, although the bar servers on the night I was there were not overly friendly and welcoming. Go figure.
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
Business Guy
"Average airport hotel, mostly harmless."
Pretty standard for an airport hotel, next to mall and lots of construction - but thankfully nice and quiet at night. Staff made an error at check-in - someone (who had several dogs) was already in our room, but they fixed the mistake quickly and moved us to a new room.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Close to everything"
Relaxing
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Not worth the extra cost"
For some reason, we were put into a handicap accessible room. No bath tub, just a standing shower with curtain, which resulted in the bathroom floor being wet after one shower. The bed was not comfortable; too hard and the pillows were "limp". The parking lot is under construction, and parking was horrible. Definitely not worth the extra money
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
Tracy
"Not a hotel if you need broadband Internet"
I liked this hotel - BUT the broadband speeds were not acceptable. I need fast internet access for my work and it was impossible to get anything done. The free service was about 200K and I decided to pay for the 'fast' internet service - which got me up to '350K'. These speeds are fine if you live in 1995 but for 2014?
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
MarkC
"Construction is almost done"
The past year the construction around the entrance and parking lot of the hotel has been a real issue. You have limited access to the front of the hotel doors and the the parking lot is poorly lit and littered with barricades and cones. The good news is -- they are building a Starbucks just across the parking lot!
2 night trip Apr 16, 2014
MISADVENTURES OF JIM
"Great staff, musty room"
The room was nice, and appeared to be quite clean, but there was a musty smell that was quite pungent. It smelled as if someone had smoked in there, or that there was mold or something. I could not see anything wrong, but it was good to get outdoors. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the shower was great. I did tell them at the desk about the smell, and I suspect it has something to do with the windows being sealed and there not being sufficient air exchange.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Great pit stop"
I am originally from Portland, this was my first visit back since I moved. I wanted to be close to PWM for an early morning flight; stayed here only one night (really only about 6 hours). This place was perfect, due to proximity price and parking.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
Karl J
"great stay"
Room was clean. Most important part. Staff was friendly, close to airport, starbucks and Chipolte within right outside of hotel. Will stay there again!
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
"Close to mall and restaurants"
They really need to redo their parking lot
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
good
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"rooms need to be updated"
rooms need to be updated and you better have an SUV because the parking lot looks like a minefield.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Fernando
Everything was great especially the service, the only thing was our windows to look out side were so dirty it hurt my eyes to look outside! But I would stay there again!!!
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
"Weekend hockey tournament"
Everything was great at the hotel itself. The only problem was when you have 6 hockey teams of 6-9 yr olds (12-15 kids per team) and their families all trying to check in within a very short time span.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Room was stale. Not clean and lacked shine. Cookies were nice. Don't think I will stay again.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
Jb
"2 day get away"
Pool area was very nice and staff was great. Room was a little run down and not the cleanest room I have ever been in. Parking lot was a mess. Very hard to find a spot to park. We got a very good deal for the room, so for the price I was not disappointed.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"I do not want my name used or displayed."
The Blanket on the bed was totally unsatisfactory. It would be better if the blanket was not between two sheets and the blanket was big enough to cover from head to roe.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
"Great service, registration and parking was not."
When arriving at the hotel, the entrance parking was full. Parked behind a work vehicle and the hotels shuttle... Registered and then had to reverse out of an inconvenient entrance because the work vehicles blocked the exit. The parking lot was not plowed and parking was a hassle.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Samantha
"cloto the activity we were attending."
We were very satisfied with our stay at Doubletree of Hilton. We especially were pleased with the comfort of the beds. It was also nice to have a restaurant right in the hotel, so that we didn't have to eat out, unless we chose to.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Annoyingly Thin Walls make for a Noisy Hotel"
Overall the rooms were clean, well furnished, the staff was extremely courteous, but the walls are extremely thin and every sound carries through the place. The exhaust fans in the bathrooms are extremely noisy; I assume they are just plain worn out, the bearings in the fan are shot and they need to be replaced. I could turn off the one in my bathroom, but whenever the guy in the neighboring room turned his on there was no sleeping in my room. Not sure what else it was but something else kept roaring and whooshing randomly throughout the night as well. And the parking lot is all torn up. Who redoes their parking lot in the middle of the Maine winter?
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"CONVENIENT LOCATION WHILE WE WERE VISTIING FRIENDS"
STAYED FOR THE SECOND TIME IN ONE MONTH FOR THE NIGHT WHILE VISITING FRIENDS IN S. PORTLAND. FRIENDLY STAFF, LOVE THE WARM COOKIE UPON ARRIVAL ;) - SAT AT THE BAR FOR A DRINK BEFORE WE LEFT - STAFF WAS GREAT. LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR NEXT STAY WHEN THE POOL IS OPEN.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
MARY
"Awesome Service"
We went out for my wife's birthday and when we told them we came to stay they gave us an upgrade since it was my wife's birthday. The staff even went as far as getting her a birthday card and I have never had this happen before. It is just the little things that will brings us back there again in the future. I am very happy with this place.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Steve Dyer
"Nice place to stay"
The room was nice and clean. I wish the water pressure in the shower was stronger but all hotels seem to have the water saver technology which makes for a longer shower.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
"Fine but a little pricey for the area"
Everything was fine. Room was clean and staff was friendly. There is construction going on outside which makes the parking area sort of a mess. I have no complaints but there hotels nearby that are just as nice for considerable less money per night. Plus they include a free breakfast. A free breakfast and a lower rate would make this place perfect.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
AJ
"Perfect"
Everything about this hotel was in perfect condition and was paradise in the winter.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Brad
"overnight for New Years"
we were only there for one night to attend a friend's party that lived near by. Check in was a breeze, was handed a warm chocolate chip cookie for myself and my husband, received a business card for best taxi service and off to our room we went. Room was clean and bed and pillows were super comfy. My only complaint was the poor drainage in the bathroom sink.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Beds sagged to middle"
vending machine right outside door very loud..unable to sleep
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
The hotel was in a perfect location for our shopping weekend. The location across from the Maine Mall, proximity to Portland and Freeport made for a very relaxing weekend.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Theresa
Excellent stay my only complaint was the parking area was under construction so finding a parking spot was a nightmare. Otherwise a great stay and you can't beat warm cookies at check-in!!
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Hmyanoksmith
Didn't like being charge an extra $50 For nothing in return
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
Christopher Mcvay
Quick shuttle to hotel. Fast check in. Slow elevator. Nice pool. Enjoyed food in Executive lounge. A few issues with TV remote and microwave but nothing that needed fixing while I was there and I left them a list. Very convenient to walk across street to Maine Mall. Comfortable bed. Liked having easy chair and good reading light.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Marjory
"Room smelled like an ashtray"
Overall we were extremely disappointed and surprised. Usually a Hilton is a sure bet. We arrived early and was told we couldn;t get an early check-in but that we could "keep calling every 20 min to see if the room was ready." ??? The Residence Inn by Marriott was happy to accomodate us early the week prior but kindly asked to give them an hour. The hotel grounds were under construction and there was no place to walk my dog, which would have been a good thing for someone to tell me when I called to say I was bringing one. I will say that I did appreciate the absence of a nonrefundable pet deposit. The hotel was extremely dated and dark, very shabby in appearance. Our room didn;t have windows that would open and it REEKED like an ashtray. We would have complained if we hadn't had only had to be there for one night. Breakfast prices were exorbitant for a hotel of this quality. We won't be returning unless it's as a last resort. Hopefully the Hilton corporation will throw some dollars this hotel's way to spruce it up.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Friendly staff, beautiful hotel."
Wonderful staff, friendly and helpful. The only drawback was being woken up by the sound of the traffic nearby.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Next to Chipotle!!"
The hotel is showing some wear and tear but it's clean. Parking is limited and theirs a construction site next door! Overall I'd stay there again but don't not on par with other Double Trees. FYI- Staff was very nice!
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
jg
"Found our misplaced reservation"
When we arrived there was no record of our reservation, but right off they assured us we would have a room. In about 15 minutes they had confirmed our reservation with Expedia. Also gave us extra cookies.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Our stay was very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful to us. The only complaint we had was the bathroom was very small. The room was clean and location of hotel within a reasonable driving distance to the attractions we wanted to visit.
2 night trip Oct 1, 2013
IS
"TINY bathroom - not great overall value"
As with other stays through Hotels-dot-com, we were placed in a noisy section, near a slamming door and noisy elevator. Room was nice, bed was great, but bathroom door barely cleared the topilet, VERY TINY. Emplyees were great, polite and very procefsisonal, but for the price, I was disappointred in the overal value.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2013
Phil L.
"Balm for the Soul!"
We had just driven over eight hours straight and were exhausted. The ladies at the front desk were so welcoming and helpful and even offered us a chocolate chip cookie! Our rooms were very clean, the bed and pillows were like sleeping on a cloud. We all were in a much better frame of mine the next morning and had a great breakfast before hitting the road.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013