All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
321 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lynda's thoughts"
We were very disappointed with this hotel has have stayed in many Westin's this is not a good one . Needing a complete refurbishment very worn tired and a bit scruffy.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"would return again"
Nice clean room and bathroom. Comfortable bed. Friendly and helpful staff. There was in influx of people there for spring break but the staff remainded friendly and attentive throughout. Valet parking nice to have availalble. Located directly across from the beach. Located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Relaxing ONLY if you are a partier."
Two fire alarms after midnight with announcements after each. People yelling, pounding, and slamming all night long. The space itself is soothing and relaxing, but the guests are partying hard.
Response by The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about your most recent stay with us. I am so glad you were able relax out by the pool and the cabana area. We will certainly celebrate your comments about the Excellent staff, and great food. We are obviously concerned about the false alarms that went off after midnight. It was unfortunate, and we did find that a non-guest of the hotel triggered a pull station which made the situation even more upsetting. We strive to be excellent, and we know that wasn’t one of our finer moments. We continue to use these circumstances as training opportunities for how we can better handle these types of things moving forward. We look forward to having you visit us again the future.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Overall it was a beautiful facility. We had requested a room with two queen sized beds. We arrived late but phoned ahead to let the front desk know. When we got there we were told there was only one room available in the entire hotel and it had a king sized bed. I had to share the bed with an acquaintance. They told us they would switch our room the following day but we had to ask the front desk three times before they would do so. They did finally put us in a lovely beach front room with two queen sized beds. The overall staff was very pleasant and courteous.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Gayle
The carpeting in my room and in the halls was very dirty with many spots of unknown substances, and no slippers were provided. The personnel, however, we're very courteous, efficient and friendly.
4 night trip Apr 26, 2015
"Perfect location! Excellent service!"
The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Located right across from the beach and walkable to nightlife, food and entertainment. Would highly recommend!
Other trip May 1, 2015
Stacy
"bring your wallet"
Great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Conveniently located close to several restaurants and shops. However, the chairs on the beach are owned by an outside company. You are only allowed two chairs even with a family reservation of four. There is an additional charge of $12 a day per chair if there is more than two people in your party and if you would like an umbrella its another $20 a day. Considering we spent in excess of $400 a night to stay for a week it was disappointing. There are also additional charges if you would like to use internet services.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Near Beach and shops, so location was great. But--look out for extra fees such as daily resort fee (25) and parking (36 a night). You also have to pay for wifi. The bathrooms in the rooms had sliding shutter doors without locks, which I thought was strange.
Response by The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about your most recent stay with us. We were pleased to read how much you loved the location of the resort. We do work hard to price ourselves competitively with the Fort Lauderdale area. Our price for parking is lower than the surrounding hotels. The Wi-Fi is complimentary in the lobby area, and also if you are an SPG member and book through a Starwood channel your internet is complimentary in the guest rooms as well. Signing up for SPG Rewards is free so we would encourage you to sign up and begin collecting rewards. We hope to see you back in the future. Many Thanks, Emma S
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Loved it"
We came for a one night stay on Sunday for our first wedding anniversary. All of the staff were amazing! We got a intercostal room and it was beautiful! Very comfy! The pool was a bit too small and crowded for such a big hotel but we didn't care too much we'd rather be on the beach! We plan to come back next year for our two year anniversary! Thanks Westin
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Pinders
"Besting the Westin"
At the risk of sounding snobby, I found the Westin Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort a bit underwhelming. The wow factor is missing here. The pool area is tight and crowded. Check out the pool area of the nearby W Hotel. When we checked in we were given a room that did not meet our expectations. Only after we complained did we get a room with both an ocean view and view of the Intracostal Waterway. The hotel employee did not bother to tell us that the new room was in the second tower. We discovered it for ourselves. Customer service needs to improve. Overall, the hotel needs an update to keep up with the competition. On the positive side, the Westin is centrally located on the strip overlooking the beach, Starbuck's is on site, and the hotel attracts families.
Response by The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about your most recent visit to the resort. We were disappointed to read about your underwhelming experience; more specifically the pool area, the original room you were given, and the overall customer service you received. We take your comments very seriously, and will be using these opportunities as further training on how to handle these types of situations. We understand that more space is needed on the pool deck, and within the next few weeks will be removing the cabanas to make way for about 50 more lounge chairs. In our eyes this will create more space for guests to spread out, and enjoy. Thank you again, and my apologies that we didn’t deliver a better experience, but I know we can do much better. We look forward to the opportunity to show you that in the future if your travels bring you back this way.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Needs some work on customer service"
Booked a room through this website and when I arrived I was given a room with an alley view on the 4th floor of the main building. It's was so confined. I went to the the front desk and said I can pay extra for a better room. For $80 per night more I was given a ocean front room. I have stayed here 5 times prior without issue. This time was an issue. The 2nd problem was the valet service. There was a convention and a talent show at the hotel and the valet was back logged for 50 minutes to retrieve my car. The area was mass confusion and workers didn't seem to have a plan. Lastly, the Shula's restaurant in the hotel went out if business and was replaced by a knock off restaurant where both the food and service was dismal. The location of this property is great, the beach access is great but this will be my last time at the Westin. There is far too much competition in the area to settle for this experience.
3 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Not good"
Hotel needs major updating a big disappointment for the cost
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Very Disppointed"
My room was not ready when I arrived. I had to wait 25 minutes just to be checked in. The room decor was very unimpressive. The carpets were filthy, not only in my room but also in the hallways. The windows Looked like they had not been cleaned in a long while. The TV remote control did not work and the phone Was only able to be used on speaker mode. Service at the pool area was very slow. Had to wait over 15 minutes just to order a drink even though it was not at all busy. There were very few umbrellas in the pool area and when I asked the pool attendant if he could move one that other guests were not using, he said he couldn't because they were stationary. I then saw him move that same umbrella when they were cleaning up at the end of the afternoon. The bathrooms in the lobby were filthy and there werent any paper towels available. The only good thing about this hotel is its location. I don't think it's worth the price and I will definitely not stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Clean & Nice Hotel"
Just steps from a very nice strip of beach, this hotel met my expectations with cleanliness, friendly staff, and peaceful environment. The room service was on point and very organized. The hotel is also within walking distance to many other hotels, dining and shopping. I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
screen
"2 minute walk from hotel thru overhead walkway"
Nice room great beach AC slow to cool. Hotel staff great. Brunch staff slow great brunch. Great workout room. Charged $20 for beach umbrella/day, free beach towels and lounge chairs. Charge $25/day for "beach fee" and $36 per day for garage. We stayed a week without car and walked or rode bikes Dailey. Bike rental through BrowArd bikes is awesome
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"ANXIOUS TO RETURN"
We stayed one night and the staff was excellent and very helpful. We would return anytime nice layout and approximity was great across the street from the beach was appreciated. We are anxious to return.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Excellent location next to the beach!"
Everything was great except for one area. The waitresses in the pool bar area were not nice and acted like they did not want to be there. No smiles no friendly service no nothing. If you don't want to be there get another job! Other than that the valets, bellmen (especially JD), front desk, pool/towel boys, and maids were excellent! Even the engineer that came to help me when I thought I had deactivated my card to my room was very nice. Excellent vacation!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Jay
"Good stay."
Ok there would stay again but didn't like the $20 per day charge for beach umbrella rental on top of the $25 per day resort fee!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Great place to stay for business travel
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Tyler
"Great Place / Great Times / Perfect"
Hotel staff was amazing with our rooms. We received a room upgrade to the top 15th floor in the Hospitality Suite. It was great. Perfect location on the beach and walking distance to Las Olas and the fishing charter docks. Great time and will be back again.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Jordan
"End of March Get Away"
Little disappointed that room on 4th floor didn’t have clear view of ocean and was right above pool area. Shades needed to be closed when dressing. HOWEVER, super clean and the bed was super comfortable. Outstanding staff in all areas. One exception was that it was hard to get service in pool area because there weren’t enough workers to handle all the guests. Walking distance to everything, but valet staff are quick to get a cab if you need one. Great access to beach via overpass so no need to dodge cars on main drag. Plenty of towels and chairs for beach although it must be tougher during Spring Break. Would definitely come back.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Amazing hotel very clean beautiful"
Amazing hotel i woukd deff reccomend it. Nice staff, amazing rooms with amazing view. Everything is so clean and organized. Loved the shower
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
stephanie
"Very cozy and friendly"
My family and I experienced a nice time, although the pool area seemed relatively small for the size of the complex we loved it. Personnel was very accomodating from begining to end. I definetely recommended for a getaway weekend.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Alberto
"Great location, beautiful room"
Loved everything about this hotel except the pool and pool bar. Just not the best looking pool and bar area but the service and food was excellent. Location was perfect. Definitely would go back.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Right on the beach"
The hotel and staff were excellent. One major drawback is the parking, with the price to stay there you would think that parking in their garage would be included for at least one vehicle. Parking was an addition $40.00 per night. Also, the maid was knocking at my door at 9am to ask me when I was going to vacate. Luckily I was up and packed and already ready to check out. Overall my stay was pleasant. The room was beautiful and the location is superb. My only real complaint was with the parking.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Westin hotel"
Lovely hotel
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Edwin
"R+R success"
The hotel was great. Overall staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms were really nice and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The only weird thing was the bathroom door is a sliding slotted wood door so there is minimal privacy-just FYI. The hotel was right across the street from the beach, but had a crosswalk over the street from the property to the beach which was great. Location was convenient to restaurants, too.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Excellent Time at the Westin!"
We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. Everything was so convenient and enjoyable. Absolutely would stay there again. Naturally, didn't want to leave.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
MJ
"nice close to beach small overlooking parking lot"
the room was very small and the lighting was inadequate. We overlooked the parking lot, but could have paid more for a better room. All in all , it was ok.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Gail
"Girlfriends Trip"
Beds are comfortable, the pool has great service, room service is fast, convenient location to stores and resturants, and right next to the beach!!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2015
"Great access to everything!"
We found a great rate for this resort on hotels.com and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Pool was great, passageway to the beach was safe for small kids, hotel staff was super friendly. Parking was $32 per 24 hours and a resort fee of $25 was extra so keep that in mind when budgeting your trip. Overall it was lovely and we hope to stay again.
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
Abby
"My first time staying at a Westin"
When I walked into my room, the sliding door was open. The sheer curtains were moving from the wind. I looked outside and saw the beautiful beach. I was impressed and would love to stay again at the Westin.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Bonnie
"Close to beach"
Excellent Hotel and staff, was close to beach and cruise port Best hotel for affordable price
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Great dining experience just very very expensive. Must get view of ocean.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
westin guest
"Awesome service everywhere !!"
Having been a Fort Lauderdale vacationer for decades, We knew it was the former Sheraton. The upgrades needed are not critical but carpets could use an update in the hallways.. The staff at every level was amazing, well trained, and over the top with customer service. The staff in the restaurant for breakfast handled the patrons with patience and professionalism as they were VERY short staffed. We are in the restaurant business and could tell where the holes were, they never flinched, they took names, as there were alot of open tables,they did not over seat, and every time we got up for something one of the wait staff asked what we needed! That is managements fault not the staff!
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
michelle
"Good.....Watch out for Storm"
Stayed at Westin the first weekend of march 2015.Check in was a smooth process and getting to the room was easy. The room was nice was on the penthouse level. There were a few things i didn't like about the westin. First the doorman Storm gave me and girlfriend the run around about the amenities and features of the hotel. Almost everything he told us was a lie. He said they have multiple bars that are open 24/7 that was a lie. He said the pool was open 24/7 that was another lie. Also, late night room service is an odd menu of assortments that many people would not want at 3am in the morning. Overall besides the constant lying and bragging about from storm. My girlfriend and I didn't like how the bathroom door was basically a shutter that you can close in out and out with no privacy. Overall our stay was enjoyable and comforting. The room was clean, the valet were nice and friendly, and the view was worth the money.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"No privacy in bathroom and extra fee's not listed"
Room was nice, however the bathroom had a cut out In the wall with only wooden shutters that didn't lock and the edges had large gaps so you could see right into the bathroom at all times, you can literally see whoever is on the toilet and/or in the shower. Needless to say we never used it, and used the lobby rest room because there was zero privacy. The door to the bathroom was the same. Nightly Fee does not include $30 "Pool and Water" charge - Having the "ability/option" to use the pool and drink the two water bottles (in the mini-bar) costs you $30 extra even though we checked in at 8pm and out at 11am, didn't drink the water, and the pool was closed due to weather. When we checked out they said there was no extra charges and when we got home they charged us $30 extra - guest relations said it's a resort fee whether you use the pool or drink the waters or not and is non-refundable.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Amber
"Wifi needs to be free. Ridiculous to pay high room"
Told by main de ask to get free wifi at Starbucks ridiculous hotel doesn't have free wifi
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"never coming to this hotel again!"
The hotel service was horrible, not to mention we had hair in our tub, the room had a disgusting mildew odor and when i told the staff that they brought housekeeping up to spray bleach as if that would solve the problem! The wait time for food service in those restaurants were prob a minimum of 30 min i have stayed in a bunch of starwood hotels before and this is hands down the WORST place i have ever stayed it's mind boggling they got 4 stars, stay away if you can.
Response by The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Thank you for your review. I deeply regret the condition that you found your guest room in and the reaction from our Housekeeping team. I will address this with them to find out why this happened and to ensure that it does not happen again. I am sorry your food took 30 minutes to arrive, unfortunately when the property is busy wait times do fluctuate. If we had known you were in a rush we certainly would have tried our best to speed things up. I hope that despite this disappointed first impression you will give us another opportunity to show you why we have so many wonderful reviews and loyal guests.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
joonie
"nice hotel near the beach"
The hotel was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. View of the ocean was awesome. However, my one complaint was that there was no place close to eat, except for the hotel, and the food was just okay. It would have been nice for the hotel to provide some form of transportation, since everything was blocks away.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
We stayed only one night. The hotel was fine. Our room was comfortable. The staff was very good. The pool area and pool bar left a lot to be desired. The restaurant was wonderful. It was also a good location.
Response by The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear your room was comfortable and our staff took great care of you. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy the pool area; we are listening to our guests and continuing to make adjustments and updates. I am so glad you got to enjoy our new American Vintage restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Delos
"Broken bathroom door"
the bathroom door was a sliding shutter door and was off the track making it very laborious to open and close. I asked at the front desk to have it fixed but it wasn't. it was a heavy door and did not slide open or closed without effort of both arms pushing/pulling.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
We loved staying at the Westin. The pool and hotel amenities were great and the location was wonderful. The only drawback was the $32/day overnight parking. The restaurant by the pool was reasonably priced and the staff at the hotel were phenomenal. We would definitely choose the Westin if we visited Ft. Lauderdale again. We are happy to try all Westin hotels wherever we travel now! Thank you!
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"It was awesome and we will return."
It was awesome. Worth the trip. Great hotel. Recommended.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Robin
"winter break"
Nice hotel in a good location. Close to restaurants and easy beach access.
7 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good location. But be prepared for parking fee"
Location is good. But older hotel with renovated rooms. Overnight parking is expensive and driveway is tight. Pool area is just so-so. But right across the street from a public beach area. Staff is helpful
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
allan
"Ahhhh...."
From the moment I checked in, to the time I checked, everything was wonderful!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2015
"OK"
My wife was unable to open sliding door into bathroom without my help. Door was incredibly difficult to move.(Room 1520) It was binding. We were only staying one night so didn't bother calling anyone. We made due.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Toby N
Loved it.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"New restaurant food yummy; service poor."
We loved everything at the hotel, especially the mattresses!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015